Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Martha Madison spotted on Days set
Topic Started: Sep 26 2008, 10:37 AM (2,581 Views)
Kyrai

marisol40
Sep 26 2008, 03:46 PM
Martha had amazing chemistry with Jay, I wouldn't mind Belle returning to Salem to be with Philip.
I agree. I loved Belle and Phillip. I sooooo wanted them to get together. Would be nice to get her back.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daisysmommy

I would not be surprised...

AS going out for maternity...and they need core families. Unless Ciara gets SORASED 10 years, who else is there to bring back? [Jack and Jen and Abby, who actually in her last incarnation had some chemistry with Darrin....]

They have to do something. Cuz I am in their demo, and in this way, a beloved vet...and...

Next week conceptually is pitiful. I deled my Tivo, cuz I know ain't no thing happening next week. And I WANT ratings high. Or, I would prefer to thank them for the memories, I think. As of last Wed[9/17], what has there been to watch? INCLUDING HOSP SCENE W J&M, WHICH SUCKED...????

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

cjknick
Sep 26 2008, 03:00 PM
Well from what I can tell from the casting they could use another female 30 something character! Maybe when they decided to let KR go they also decided to bring MM back! I suppose Shawn could have been lost at sea ... they should have just recasted Shawn with GG!
Oh, heavens, no. Part of the reason, I think, Shelle continued to fizzle was, well, with each recast, it lost something. That would especially be wrong in light of the interest sparked in fans when MM and JKJ were put together, or at least, a lot of fans, it seemed. There were Belle haters FIGHTING that hate when she was with him. I was one of them! That pairing turned me into a Belle fan, NOT because I thought Shelle was breaking up, but because of the chemistry and the fact that she wasn't Miss Mary Perfect and people knew it.

The only thing wrong with killing off Shawn would be that it would be another son lost to Bo and Hope. They could simply have it that Shawn couldn't forget the Phelle affair. Shawn, in character, isn't a real forgiving person.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Flying Monkey
Member Avatar

Oh I would trade Clhoe, Stephanie and Melanie in heartbeat to have Martha's Belle back, minus Yawn.

Nicole Walker

Belle and Phillip! BOOYA!!

Flying Monkey
Member Avatar

marisol40
Sep 26 2008, 03:46 PM
Martha had amazing chemistry with Jay, I wouldn't mind Belle returning to Salem to be with Philip.
I'd go for that.

Mason

I was never big on Phelle like most people, but, if it spared me having to go through Phloe all over again, I'd gladly embrace Phelle!

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

I would love to have Martha back. I might start watching again if that happened.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I would love to have Martha back as well..We could use her now especially with so many single men on the show...Also it would be nice to have Belle back when John eventually gets his memory back..

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 26 2008, 08:01 PM
I was never big on Phelle like most people, but, if it spared me having to go through Phloe all over again, I'd gladly embrace Phelle!
The first version of Phelle pretty much wrecked any version for me. Had it been MM/JKJ in that original version of Phelle AND they didn't make Belle so wishy-washy about the guys, I could have warmed up to Phelle. But when she had one guy she ALWAYS wanted the other.

Also Days is such a mess that I wouldn't want to see a talent like Martha stuck over there. JMO

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

I'd be thrilled if she returned. Loved MM & JKJ chemistry. I also miss Marlena & Belle's mother/daughter relationship. Something I just don't get with Marlena & Sami.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I would love for Martha to come back ALONE, it wouldn't be a smooth transition because she and Shawn got married...so they would have to do a Broe divorce and we just did that. I am sure someone can come up with a great explanation though.

I miss Martha/Belle. She had some chemistry with Phillip.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King
Sep 26 2008, 04:42 PM
I would love, love, love for her to come back. DAYS just doesn't feel the same without her.

She is amazing. I wrote her out of King's DAYS, but my readers haven't seen the last of her. ;)
You should bring her back soon. The show usually follows what your blog does with many characters casting-wise :laugh: .

I would love her to return. She may just be visiting but with Brady returning and the J&M focus and Sami being pregnant and so on, there is reason to believe this could happen. Bope mentioned Shelle alot the week of their wedding in August. With Morgan gone, they could toss Belle in and have a run at Belle/Philip and toss Chloe and Brady in there since they are likely going there. No need for a Shane right now. I wouldn't recast again right now. Just Belle and Claire (played by the same actress).

I just don't know if Corday would bring her back without Shawn. That is why they got rid of them. Phelle and Shawn/Chloe were getting too many fans. I don't pin their firing on Higley at all, even if it was said to be a writing decision. It reeks of Corday.

It just goes to show you how far the character of Belle and even Shawn and Philip have come. It's weird to see many clamoring for them outside of their normal fanbases after so many years of them being bashed. Even up to as recently as a year ago, many fans didn't want them on as much or hated them. The late summer, fall, and this winter really helped all three characters and made them favorites. Hogan and his team are to thank for that, along with Ed Scott, and it continued after they left. What a difference some interesting storytelling (and risks) and good acting can do.

I just hope they give Phelle a shot if she does return. They had so much potential but with Corday I doubt it. He would likely recast Shawn again and go with a Shawn/Belle/Philip/Chloe/Brady story and maybe would even toss in another girl too for the hell of it.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Sep 27 2008, 02:29 AM.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

This is refreshing news! If Martha came back to DAYS, I think it would be awesome for the show. Personally, I wouldn't care who she is paired up with, or if she remains single. Just having her talent back on the set would be phenomenal.

jcar03
Member Avatar

Part of me would love Martha to be back another part of me feels she deserves better.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

jcar03
Sep 27 2008, 02:45 PM
Part of me would love Martha to be back another part of me feels she deserves better.
I know what you mean. Her presence in the show will make a positive impact though IMO.

Mason

Martha does deserve better, but then, so do Deidre Hall, Suzanne Rogers, Joe Mascolo, Lauren Koslow, Renee Jones, and a whole host of others that I haven't listed, and I certainly don't want any of them going anywhere.

ilovemydays

OK, this might be confusing for some people if it happened but...I think Martha would have made a better Carrie.

jcar03
Member Avatar

No, Christie Clark is the only Carrie we need.

I grew to love Martha as Belle and Belle is not 15 anymore so she made the perfect grown-up Belle.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Personally, I never cared for Carrie. The original Glitter Queen who never did wrong, but that's just my analysis.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply