Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"...a beloved vet is on the bubble. "; This keeps coming up...
Topic Started: Sep 26 2008, 05:23 PM (4,662 Views)
ilovemydays

This keeps coming up so I thought it would be easier to keep track of all speculation in one thread.

I first saw this at SON posted by Toups:
http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=27786
Quote:

DAYS Casting Scoop!

Looks like the ax is already falling at DAYS, where rumors of cast cuts abound. Kristen Renton (Morgan) has been pink-slipped and the character will move to Chicago. Insiders whisper that another actress has also been let go, and a beloved vet is on the bubble.

Its true that an actor can be let go from his or her contact at the end of her cycle (generally 13 weeks) but I thought that a "beloved vet on the bubble" could mean that the actor/actress may or not renew their contract. Some people have mentioned that James was already in negotiation at the event in Burlington and that JKJ whose contract was due to end sooner hadn't even begun yet.

Here is a list of the current casting status info of actors from Jason47
http://members.aol.com/jason47b/actornews.html

Lauren Koslow (Kate): January 2009
Jay Johnson (Philip): January 2009
Shawn Christian (Daniel): March 2009
Roscoe Born (Trent): May 2009
James Scott (E.J.): May 2009
James Reynolds (Abe): May 2009
Josh Taylor (Roman): May 2009
Kristian Alfonso (Hope): June 2009
Mary Beth Evans (Kayla): June 2009
Renee Jones (Lexie): June 2009
Suzanne Rogers (Maggie): June 2009
Stephen Nichols (Steve): June 2009
Peggy McCay (Caroline): July 2009
Deidre Hall (Marlena): August 2009
Peter Reckell (Bo): August 2009
Joseph Mascolo (Stefano): August 2009
Alison Sweeney (Sami): September 2009
Blake Berris (Nick): November 2009
Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe): November 2009
Drake Hogestyn (John): January 2010
Bryan Dattilo (Lucas): February 2010
Arianne Zucker (Nicole): March 2010
Shelley Hennig (Stephanie): April 2010
Rachel Melvin (Chelsea): May 2010
Thaao Penghlis (Tony): May 2010
Darin Brooks (Max): June 2010
Kristen Renton (Morgan): November 2010
Molly Burnett (Melanie): July 2011
Frances Reid (Alice): Lifetime

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

"* Official word is that we'll be seeing three more cutbacks at DAYS. One vet and two female parts."

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/comings_and_goings/

According to soaps.com, the vet is no longer on the bubble because s/he has been let go. I lean towards "he" because of the wording. The newest SOD says that JKJ had been approached by Days about his contract. I don't know if this happened before or after Soaps got their info. James Scott play a beloved character, but he's not a beloved vet. At least not a Days vet, but perhaps they mean a veteran actor.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

So it could be outdated news meaning either Roscoe Borne or Linden Ashby,.

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm convinced that the "vet" is Bryan Datillo. If it's not him, I will be stunned.
Edited by Mason, Sep 26 2008, 05:47 PM.

jcar03
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Sep 26 2008, 05:45 PM
Those two weren't beloved vets.

daysfan
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
But they never came close to vet status.

six
Member Avatar

jcar03
Sep 26 2008, 05:51 PM
ladyofthelake
I agree. I guess I shouldn't say the person is gone, but will definitely be leaving.

KittyKat
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
It's possible. Soaps did report those exits separately though.

Mason
Member Avatar

By vet, they could just mean veteran actors in general, not specifically vets on DAYS. I don't think it's either one of them, but lots of times, things are worded weird like that.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

Unless they are putting Lucas back in with EJ/Sami then what is there for Lucas to do?

It's clear the show is moving Chloe back in with Phillip and then they will throw Brady into that mix. They are going to have Lucas involved too? So three men for Chloe??? Isn't that a bit much?

Plus with Galen coming on to play an FBI agent with the hots for Nicole, I just don't see Lucas fitting in there either and, otherwise, there are no love interests for Lucas.

I don't know if Bryan is the "vet" on the bubble but I would be shocked if the show didn't get rid of Bryan, at this point. He was gone for three months and ratings went up during the time he was gone and when he came back, ratings went down. So it's not like he has a large enough following where cutting him/not cutting him are going to make much of a difference in viewership. That could be said about a lot of Days characters these days so it's no slight to BD particularly.

Lucas is just played out. It would be better for the show to move on and make time for some new blood or to let the older vets have more time.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

jcar03
ladyofthelake
The thing is......they are SOAP vets, not necessarily Days vets.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

ElvisDiMera
Sep 26 2008, 06:08 PM
Unless they are putting Lucas back in with EJ/Sami then what is there for Lucas to do?

It's clear the show is moving Chloe back in with Phillip and then they will throw Brady into that mix. They are going to have Lucas involved too? So three men for Chloe??? Isn't that a bit much?

Plus with Galen coming on to play an FBI agent with the hots for Nicole, I just don't see Lucas fitting in there either and, otherwise, there are no love interests for Lucas.

I don't know if Bryan is the "vet" on the bubble but I would be shocked if the show didn't get rid of Bryan, at this point. He was gone for three months and ratings went up during the time he was gone and when he came back, ratings went down. So it's not like he has a large enough following where cutting him/not cutting him are going to make much of a difference in viewership. That could be said about a lot of Days characters these days so it's no slight to BD particularly.

Lucas is just played out. It would be better for the show to move on and make time for some new blood or to let the older vets have more time.
So Bryan is the be-all and end off of the ratings, is he? :huh: No one person makes or breaks ratings.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Sep 26 2008, 05:55 PM
By vet, they could just mean veteran actors in general, not specifically vets on DAYS. I don't think it's either one of them, but lots of times, things are worded weird like that.
Thank you, Mason!

cjknick
Member Avatar

So this Vet knows they have been let go? It is Friday and we all know that Friday is for firing. I thought perhaps it was BD but I'm not so sure now .... I think if BD thought he was on the bubble he would have mobilized his fan base like he did before and we would have seen more SOS (save our stud) petitions.

six
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Sep 26 2008, 06:12 PM
jcar03
ladyofthelake
The thing is......they are SOAP vets, not necessarily Days vets.
But "beloved"? I agree that it wouldn't be the first time they've worded things to throw people off, though.

I'm wondering if Kristen is actress #1 or if we'll be seeing four people go all together.
Edited by six, Sep 26 2008, 06:19 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

cjknick
Sep 26 2008, 06:14 PM
So this Vet knows they have been let go? It is Friday and we all know that Friday is for firing. I thought perhaps it was BD but I'm not so sure now .... I think if BD thought he was on the bubble he would have mobilized his fan base like he did before and we would have seen more SOS (save our stud) petitions.
This is true. There are campaigns now merely for the lack of airtime for some of the Days actors, so I would suspect there'd be some mobilization.
Oh, well, whatever happens, happens.

ilovemydays

ElvisDiMera
Sep 26 2008, 06:08 PM

What if they are putting Lucas back with Sami? Then the actor on the bubble could be James Scott. :scared:

Just messing with ya! :P While its true James might decide not to renew his contract later I don't think he's done so yet.

I know that the show went on record as saying that Lauren Koslow has not been let go but would they be lying if they just didn't renew her contract before January? Her contract is due the same month as JKJ's and anything about her renegotiating.

Edited by ilovemydays, Sep 26 2008, 06:35 PM.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 26 2008, 05:47 PM
I'm convinced that the "vet" is Bryan Datillo. If it's not him, I will be stunned.
Same here.

Ellie

Rakesh198
Sep 26 2008, 07:02 PM
Mason
Same here.
Really? I think that since they seem to be beefing up the "thirtysomething" group, they'd want to keep Lucas around as part of that. He's been involved with Chloe, and Brady's return will probably muddle things up there. Plus, Sami's pregnancy will undoubtedly cause problems in her relationship with Lucas. Not that characters haven't been let go in the middle of a story, but I'm not convinced it's Bryan. (No idea who it is, though!)

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Ellie
Sep 26 2008, 07:09 PM
Rakesh198
Sep 26 2008, 07:02 PM
Mason
Same here.
Really? I think that since they seem to be beefing up the "thirtysomething" group, they'd want to keep Lucas around as part of that. He's been involved with Chloe, and Brady's return will probably muddle things up there. Plus, Sami's pregnancy will undoubtedly cause problems in her relationship with Lucas. Not that characters haven't been let go in the middle of a story, but I'm not convinced it's Bryan. (No idea who it is, though!)
I'm with you on this one, Ellie. But, speculations will abound until the rumor either dies or they put names to it. Gee, this is a case for.............Nelson! :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply