Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"...a beloved vet is on the bubble. "; This keeps coming up...
Topic Started: Sep 26 2008, 05:23 PM (4,664 Views)
luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sep 26 2008, 07:09 PM
Rakesh198
Sep 26 2008, 07:02 PM
Mason
Sep 26 2008, 05:47 PM
I'm convinced that the "vet" is Bryan Datillo. If it's not him, I will be stunned.
Same here.
Really? I think that since they seem to be beefing up the "thirtysomething" group, they'd want to keep Lucas around as part of that. He's been involved with Chloe, and Brady's return will probably muddle things up there. Plus, Sami's pregnancy will undoubtedly cause problems in her relationship with Lucas. Not that characters haven't been let go in the middle of a story, but I'm not convinced it's Bryan. (No idea who it is, though!)
i also thought BD was in trouble. then i saw this statement from AS:

"It shows that no matter what's between them, they ultimately truly care for each other." notes Alison Sweeney (Sami). "And I think that's a really important step in their development."

if lucas was going, there would be nothing to develop there. now, i'm certainly not one to take actress/actor interviews with more than the tiniest grain of salt, but i definitely have my doubts about him being fired now. that being said, BD going makes perfect sense. he has been pushed out of the ej/sami orbit by nicole, and is being pushed out of the chloe orbit by phillip and brady.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Honestly I'm just tired of wondering about it. Why are they not coming out with it already? My thoughts are they haven't made up their minds yet...unlike KR who they instantly got rid of. Perhaps they are waiting to see how audience reaction goes and whether new pairings work out.

And maybe they are waiting for ratings to go up.

cjknick
Member Avatar

To be honest the worst thing a company/office/production is to leak that job cuts are coming and leave it to speculation who it is .... it is cruel and leads to low morale. Days being on their own bubble should understand this!

Shylock

Hellooo.

Lauren Koslow is a "beloved vet". Kate has lung cancer. Do the math.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Shylock
Sep 26 2008, 07:53 PM
Hellooo.

People can survive cancer...

KittyKat
Member Avatar

Shylock
Hellooo.

This is what Soaps has to say about that-

- Back on rumor control. In spite of some rumors,Soaps.com would like you all to know that Lauren Koslow is not being let go from Days. Neither is Alison Sweeney. In fact, Alison will be working well into the holidays, depending on how she is feeling with her pregnancy. This is official word from Days.

I realize there are other rumors out there that another vet is being let go. I've nothing to say about that. If someone is being let go and word is kept quiet, it's for a reason. It's usually storyline related.

Mason
Member Avatar

I think it was DrewH who proposed a scenario whereby Lucas dies and Kate gets his lung(s). I could actually see that happening.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 26 2008, 07:59 PM
I think it was DrewH who proposed a scenario whereby Lucas dies and Kate gets his lung(s). I could actually see that happening.
That's a good theory .... and would kind of match what has been said about sweeps!

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Sep 26 2008, 06:13 PM
ElvisDiMera
Sep 26 2008, 06:08 PM
Unless they are putting Lucas back in with EJ/Sami then what is there for Lucas to do?

It's clear the show is moving Chloe back in with Phillip and then they will throw Brady into that mix. They are going to have Lucas involved too? So three men for Chloe??? Isn't that a bit much?

Plus with Galen coming on to play an FBI agent with the hots for Nicole, I just don't see Lucas fitting in there either and, otherwise, there are no love interests for Lucas.

I don't know if Bryan is the "vet" on the bubble but I would be shocked if the show didn't get rid of Bryan, at this point. He was gone for three months and ratings went up during the time he was gone and when he came back, ratings went down. So it's not like he has a large enough following where cutting him/not cutting him are going to make much of a difference in viewership. That could be said about a lot of Days characters these days so it's no slight to BD particularly.

Lucas is just played out. It would be better for the show to move on and make time for some new blood or to let the older vets have more time.
So Bryan is the be-all and end off of the ratings, is he? :huh: No one person makes or breaks ratings.
You missed my point. My point was not that he is the end all be all of the ratings. My point was that he doesn't seem to have an impact either way to the point that the show would suffer if they cut him for good. I also pointed out I thought that was true about a lot of Days characters right now (which is more a reflection of the state of the show in general) so it was no slight to BD particularly.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

Shylock
Hellooo.

The show has said though to expect a romance between Kate and Daniel because they have "chemistry" so I think this Lung Cancer story is the kickstart to their romance rather than the end of Kate Roberts run in Salem.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

Tripp
Sep 26 2008, 07:41 PM
Honestly I'm just tired of wondering about it. Why are they not coming out with it already? My thoughts are they haven't made up their minds yet...unlike KR who they instantly got rid of. Perhaps they are waiting to see how audience reaction goes and whether new pairings work out.

And maybe they are waiting for ratings to go up.
May just be the same rumor that keeps making the rounds and has no real truth to it.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Mason
:o That would make an excellent storyline!

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Don't forget contracts mean nothing. Any actor can be let go every cycle (13 weeks) no matter if they have a 1 year contract or a 4 year contract.

renaissancegirl

Ok maybe this is a stupid question but how is it possible that Melanie has a contract until 2011 when DAYS' contract runs out in March 2009??? That makes no sense.

daysfan
Member Avatar

renaissancegirl
Sep 26 2008, 09:26 PM
Ok maybe this is a stupid question but how is it possible that Melanie has a contract until 2011 when DAYS' contract runs out in March 2009??? That makes no sense.
Many others(including myself) have wondered that from time to time, but I guess its possible. Days typically gives people 3 year contracts, sometimes they only give them 1 year although it mostly depends on the show's short-term plans for them, although in recent years, most people never last their full 3 years but thats beside the point.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

daysfan
Sep 26 2008, 09:45 PM
renaissancegirl
Sep 26 2008, 09:26 PM
Many others(including myself) have wondered that from time to time, but I guess its possible. Days typically gives people 3 year contracts, sometimes they only give them 1 year although it mostly depends on the show's short-term plans for them, although in recent years, most people never last their full 3 years but thats beside the point.
The contracts are to protect the show, not the actors, and nowhere has that been more evident than with THIS show. The contract is mainly to keep the actor tied hand and foot to the show until the show decides they no longer need you. That's why we never relax when one of the actors renews their contract.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
It was me that mentioned it after Kev mentioned Lumi getting in a bad accident with Sami losing her baby and Lucas dying. It would be a terrific story for sure and could propel Sami off on her leave. Major drama there.

I do think there is an element of truth to the idea that the show may not have a decision yet as to the vet. Remember, it was said they are "on the bubble." The person was not fired yet. No one may be doing but I tend to think some have to with Galen and Eric coming in.

The bigger question is who is the actress who was fired with Renton? That person was said to be actually fired so that name should've leaked by now. It's been nearly a month. Either the show has some big thing coming that is a secret and they don't want to spoil it or maybe they changed their minds about who is going or they have to wait to hear how much they need to cut or something. Their either keeping it a secret for storyline reasons or have reservations about actually doing it. Since Friday is usually the day alot of Days news pops up (especially firings), I keep expecting to hear on a Friday about who has been axed but nothing yet.

My have no reading on who the other actress that was fired is. I suspected Nadia but with Brady returning and Philip possibly sticking around, no way. Or maybe Nadia was axed but Jay being in talks now changed things. Who knows. If a vet truly goes, it's probably going to be Bryan. I can see Lauren going after and if Shawn Christian leaves like I think he will but even then Roman is still around for her, although I would hate that. We'll see but Bryan is my pick for the vet who will be axed as of right now.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I agree with those who think BD is "the beloved vet". At this point in time, he is the vet that would be expendable. (I also think Josh Taylor would be expendable too, but BD may have a higher paycheck??)

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Actually, I've read speculation from someone on another board (TWoP: I know how you guys love that board, LOL) who supposedly has inside sources that TPTB is still going to be invested with the whole Ejamucushniloe (did I leave anyone out?) that has some surprises, so it's possible BD is still safe. It'll be interesting to see whose "inside sources" come true. This person also said Dena doesn't quite have the power she once had, so I'll be curious to see how this plays out, if it's true.
Again, Days, just open up and get it over with! Damn. How long was it out that Frank Parker was out before he died? Or Roscoe Borne? if they're going to kill someone off, surely they don't wait this long before announcing it.

ilovemydays

ladyofthelake
Sep 27 2008, 08:12 AM
Actually, I've read speculation from someone on another board (TWoP: I know how you guys love that board, LOL) who supposedly has inside sources that TPTB is still going to be invested with the whole Ejamucushniloe (did I leave anyone out?) that has some surprises, so it's possible BD is still safe. It'll be interesting to see whose "inside sources" come true. This person also said Dena doesn't quite have the power she once had, so I'll be curious to see how this plays out, if it's true.
Again, Days, just open up and get it over with! Damn. How long was it out that Frank Parker was out before he died? Or Roscoe Borne? if they're going to kill someone off, surely they don't wait this long before announcing it.

Actually Dena posted in her blog that there would be a "happy catastrophe" that would effect Nicole, EJ, Sami, Lucas and Chloe at the end of October - beginning of November. Nicejamucluloe? :shrug:

And as for Dena not being the top dog anymore...didn't she get a co-head writer? I just can't keep track anymore LOL

Something to add about the "beloved vet" these are the names of the actors that will be at the Nov 1st "Day of Days" thing.
If the "Beloved Vet" is on this list they probably won't be going anytime soon. I noticed that LK, SC and RM aren't on it and I though that maybe they'll be taping... although...November 1st is a Saturday.

Blake Berris
Darin Brooks
Bryan Dattilo
Shelley Hennig
Molly Burnett
Mary Beth Evans
Jay Kenneth Johnson
Leann Hunley
Renee Jones
Eric Martsolf
Galen Gering
Joe Mascolo
Thaao Penghlis
James Scott
Arianne Zucker

Edited by ilovemydays, Sep 27 2008, 01:40 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply