Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"...a beloved vet is on the bubble. "; This keeps coming up...
Topic Started: Sep 26 2008, 05:23 PM (4,580 Views)
ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

I can't imagine Peggy, Suzanne, John - that any of these actors are costing Days all that much money where they would have to be cut for budget reasons. John doesn't even have a contract. He is just recurring last I checked. He doesn't even want a big story where he has to be on all the time.

I think if a vet is being cut for budget reasons that it's because they have a guarantee in their contract so whether they use them or not they have to be paid xxx amount. So Days would cut them because then they don't have to pay out the guarantee since they don't have a big story for them.

They can write out any character really fast as we saw with Shawn/Belle so it could be anyone. But if the move is already in the works then I'd still have to guess Bryan. Although I suppose it could be Peter but I don't think Days would split up Bo and Hope. But you never know. Maybe they feel it would give Hope more storyline potential.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JustJo
Member Avatar

six
Sep 28 2008, 07:47 PM
ladyofthelake
Sep 28 2008, 04:47 PM
ElvisDiMera
Sep 28 2008, 04:45 PM
six
Sep 28 2008, 04:08 PM
cjknick
Sep 28 2008, 03:54 PM
six
Sep 28 2008, 03:38 PM
Based on that interview from SOD, it looks like they might be testing him in that storyline again soon. We'll see.
What Storyline ... What did SOD say to lead you to believe that Bryan is being tested again?
The EJ/Sami/Nicole sl. Because Lucas is going to be there with Sami in the hospital, and the two of them are supposed to bond in some way over Sami's latest pregnancy. Maybe the restoration of their friendship is a way to close the door on lumi, and push Lucas out of Sami's orbit for good, or it could be a set up to have Sami spend more time leaning on Lucas while keeping the pregnancy a secret from EJ. Who knows which direction DH will take.
Give how the ratings don't respond well to any form of EJamicus, one wouldn't think Days would stay there after all the effort they've made to move beyond it but then again, this is Days and they never seem to learn and just like to make the same mistakes over and over again from one HW to the next.
I'm going to wait and see what they do with these baby stories before assuming anything.
By the way, I thought they took the "bubble" out?
That's what soaps.com says.

I don't see why not, Kman. Frank Parker is gone. I'd miss Caroline though, and am glad they've been giving her more to do.
I was hoping to see Caroline and Victor's relationship develop. They seemed to be heading in that direction originally when
Pop Shawn died.

Deleted User
Deleted User

If Peggy McCay is the vet fired and Caroline is written out, this would be a great time to bring back ruthless asshole Victor!
Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Amello
Sep 28 2008, 10:36 PM
If Peggy McCay is the vet fired and Caroline is written, this would be a great time to bring back ruthless asshole Victor!
Any time is a great time for ruthless asshole Victor!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Paxton
Sep 28 2008, 11:07 PM
Amello
Sep 28 2008, 10:36 PM
If Peggy McCay is the vet fired and Caroline is written, this would be a great time to bring back ruthless asshole Victor!
Any time is a great time for ruthless asshole Victor!
True but with Caroline gone they have an easy chance to explain it by saying that with her gone he has no one he wants to please or make proud of him anymore.
Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I know what you're saying, but I think Victor does want his sons proud of him. I hope Peggy McKay isn't gone though. I like having Caroline around and I think she's done a good job this past year. She makes me tolerate Max in scenes with him, and I usually find him very irritating.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Paxton
Sep 28 2008, 11:17 PM
I know what you're saying, but I think Victor does want his sons proud of him. I hope Peggy McKay isn't gone though. I like having Caroline around and I think she's done a good job this past year. She makes me tolerate Max in scenes with him, and I usually find him very irritating.
Yeah as I posted that I totally forgot about Phillip and Bo LOL But still they use the fact that he thought he was finally going to be happy with Caroline and now that she's gone is happiness is impossible.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

As long as the Bradys are going to remain the main family on the show (and let's face it, they are...unfortunately, the Hortons have been whittled down to near extinction), they need their matriarch (Caroline) to stay.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Sep 28 2008, 11:20 PM
As long as the Bradys are going to remain the main family on the show (and let's face it, they are...unfortunately, the Hortons have been whittled down to near extinction), they need their matriarch (Caroline) to stay.
I dont think so. This show has so many damn moral centres on this, Caroline's absence wouldn't be that big of a deal.
Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I wish they'd keep whatever beloved vet is supposedly getting the boot and get rid of Josh "I can barely blink my eyes due to the crapload of plastic surgery/procedures I've had" Taylor. I just looked him up on wikipedia and he's 65 and has a law degree, two things I never knew.....

Deleted User
Deleted User

Rhiannon
Sep 28 2008, 11:41 PM
I wish they'd keep whatever beloved vet is supposedly getting the boot and get rid of Josh "I can barely blink my eyes due to the crapload of plastic surgery/procedures I've had" Taylor. I just looked him up on wikipedia and he's 65 and has a law degree, two things I never knew.....
I'm pretty sure the majority of DAYS watches have wanted the same thing for at least a decade now LOL
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply