Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers & Previews; week of 10/6 *UPDATED 10/1*
Topic Started: Sep 28 2008, 07:13 PM (8,573 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

fenderbabe
Sep 30 2008, 07:18 PM
I agree with that Cassie, and not even 28, more like 26 since we saw him as a baby in high school not that long ago.

Am I the only one who thinks that a scene between a man and a woman is just that? A scene between a man and a woman? Just because people have scenes together doesn't mean they're going to start dating. God, I wish that [INSERT WRITER HERE] never started "switching" up the couples and making everyone screw each other or we all wouldn't be worried about a mid-20's male and a teenage girl interacting in an episode.
That group of character were aged into the next age group when they were all recast. Yes, they were only in high school a few years ago, but tihs is DAYS and years don't exactly make sense. I think it's implied that Philip and Chloe are now in the same age range as Lucas, Sami, Nicole and EJ.

As for men and women not being able to be in a scene together, I don't think that at all. I think that male and female characters can be in scenes together without it turning into a romantic thing. However, this is how the thing with Morgan started off as well and I thought she was too young for Philip as well. And I was told to calm down because it was only a scene between the two and they wouldn't be getting romantically involved. Look what happened.

Now, that doesn't mean that Philip and Melanie are going to be romantically involved. I really hope it doesn't. I hope this is just Melanie going to Philip, thinking he's his father and hoping he can help her. And to tell you the truth, I don't mind Melanie flirting with Philip and being interested in him. It's when Philip starts having those same feelings for Melanie, then that's the problem.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

zyona

DrewHamilton
Sep 30 2008, 07:23 PM
cassie1013
Sep 30 2008, 07:05 PM
I know ages on this show are bullshit, but Philip is NOT in his early 30's. He's in his mid 20's at best. I wouldn't put him at older than 28.

I would crowd him into the late-20s, early-30s group with Chloe, Nicole, EJ, Sami and Lucas. I know at one point, Philip was much younger than the rest of them, but with the casting of Martha Madison and Brandon Beemer, all of the characters (Shawn, Belle, Philip, Chloe, etc.) were aged and it's believable for them to be this old considering the actors were much older than the characters they were playing. So yes, I'd say Philip could be about 30 and he is in no position to be romantically involved with Melanie, who is way too young for his ass.
JkJ is 31 he will be 32 in feb, still melanie is not an adult. Daniel and chelsea are so it is not pervert or that does not make him a pedophile.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

zyona
Sep 30 2008, 07:29 PM
JkJ is 31 he will be 32 in feb, still melanie is not an adult. Daniel and chelsea are so it is not pervert or that does not make him a pedophile.
What? I didn't say anything about Daniel and Chelsea.

In regard to them though, since you brought them up, I think they're wrong as a couple. Yes, they're both adults but I feel that it is completely inappropriate and not believable that Daniel, a high classified doctor would ever fall for a college junior, I think that's ridiculous. I don't fault Chelsea for having a crush on him because that's who Chelsea is. She's been known to like older men. Remember Patrick?

zyona

DrewHamilton
Sep 30 2008, 07:33 PM
zyona
Sep 30 2008, 07:29 PM
What? I didn't say anything about Daniel and Chelsea.

In regard to them though, since you brought them up, I think they're wrong as a couple. Yes, they're both adults but I feel that it is completely inappropriate and not believable that Daniel, a high classified doctor would ever fall for a college junior, I think that's ridiculous. I don't fault Chelsea for having a crush on him because that's who Chelsea is. She's been known to like older men. Remember Patrick?
No i didn't say you did. sorry for the miss understanding.what i meant is all the people who had a problem with Daniel and Chelsea, because of there age need to have a problem with Nick and Melanie, because 1. she suppose to be 17 on the show, and not even finished high school and Nick is also a sucessful professor on his way to be very famous for his research.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

zyona
Sep 30 2008, 07:45 PM
No i didn't say you did. sorry for the miss understanding.what i meant is all the people who had a problem with Daniel and Chelsea, because of there age need to have a problem with Nick and Melanie, because 1. she suppose to be 17 on the show, and not even finished high school and Nick is also a sucessful professor on his way to be very famous for his research.
But Nick really isn't that much older than Melane, despite bing a college professor. Nick is the same age as Chelsea, Stephanie and Max, which is about early 20s. The fact that he is a college professor is beyond stupid, but they did it to remind us that he is smart beyond his brains. So it's not like Nick is this mid-to-late-20 year old that's a college professor. He's just a really smart young man that graduate college very early and got a job. Unbelievable, but whatever.

So Nick and Melanie are only about 3 or 4 years apart, while Daniel and Chelsea are about 20+.

zyona

DrewHamilton
Sep 30 2008, 07:48 PM
zyona
Sep 30 2008, 07:45 PM
But Nick really isn't that much older than Melane, despite bing a college professor. Nick is the same age as Chelsea, Stephanie and Max, which is about early 20s. The fact that he is a college professor is beyond stupid, but they did it to remind us that he is smart beyond his brains. So it's not like Nick is this mid-to-late-20 year old that's a college professor. He's just a really smart young man that graduate college very early and got a job. Unbelievable, but whatever.

So Nick and Melanie are only about 3 or 4 years apart, while Daniel and Chelsea are about 20+.
you are right, but according to the show melani is 17 and if nick sleep with her, that should be a statutory rape, since she is underage. Sorry i am biased because i am married to a guy who is 20years older than me and am still in my twenty's.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

cassie1013
I know ages on this show are bullshit, but Philip is NOT in his early 30's. He's in his mid 20's at best. I wouldn't put him at older than 28.

I think they SORASED him, because they celebrated their class reunion (ASSUMING it was 10 year) when Shawn and Belle were still around. It's when Chloe first came back, so that would put him at least at 28. JKJ is around 30 (yeah, I know, doesn't mean anything).

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Ditto to those who panic every time a man and woman "not normally" together are shown together. It puts people in panic mode. Geez, just relax folks and throw a fit IF she puts them together!

zyona

ladyofthelake
Sep 30 2008, 07:57 PM
Ditto to those who panic every time a man and woman "not normally" together are shown together. It puts people in panic mode. Geez, just relax folks and throw a fit IF she puts them together!
I have a question to all of you, do you have any idea or the purpose of Stephano proposing to Kate?

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

zyona
Sep 30 2008, 07:59 PM
ladyofthelake
I have a question to all of you, do you have any idea or the purpose of Stephano proposing to Kate?
Last we heard, it was to produce worthy heirs or something like that. Seems like that got dropped like a hot potato.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

ladyofthelake
Sep 30 2008, 07:54 PM
cassie1013

I think they SORASED him, because they celebrated their class reunion (ASSUMING it was 10 year) when Shawn and Belle were still around. It's when Chloe first came back, so that would put him at least at 28. JKJ is around 30 (yeah, I know, doesn't mean anything).
I think it's more believable that it was a ten year reunion, at least in Salem time. They all certainly look closer to 28 than 23. I guess once you've been infected with SORAS, it can come and go throughout your life and attack you at any moment!

Quote:

Geez, just relax folks and throw a fit IF she puts them together!

I like to get my panicking done now, to avoid the Christmas rush.

zyona

ladyofthelake
Sep 30 2008, 08:06 PM
zyona
Sep 30 2008, 07:59 PM
ladyofthelake
Last we heard, it was to produce worthy heirs or something like that. Seems like that got dropped like a hot potato.
And I wonder why the show is on verge of being canceled.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Paxton
Sep 30 2008, 08:07 PM

I like to get my panicking done now, to avoid the Christmas rush.
Bwah! As do I! Like to get a jump ahead of everyone. I didn't worry a bit about Daniel being for Chelsea at all until the final hour and look what good that did me!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

zyona
Sep 30 2008, 07:53 PM
you are right, but according to the show melani is 17 and if nick sleep with her, that should be a statutory rape, since she is underage. Sorry i am biased because i am married to a guy who is 20years older than me and am still in my twenty's.
The statutory rape thing depends on where Salem is located. I know here in Pennsylvania it is four years consent. So if Nick and Melanie get together and Melanie is okay with it, it wouldn't be considered statutory rape.

KittyKat
Member Avatar

When Melanie first showed up there was a rumor or spoiler that she was going to have a crush on E.J. I'm guessing the writers decided to have it be on Phillip instead.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

KittyKat
Sep 30 2008, 08:53 PM
When Melanie first showed up there was a rumor or spoiler that she was going to have a crush on E.J. I'm guessing the writers decided to have it be on Phillip instead.
Don't worry, melanie only talks to Phillip because she thinks he's Victor and thought he could help her with her dad's murder...Phillip just shoos her away...nothing romantic or crush like at all

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Charmqn
Sep 30 2008, 08:56 PM
KittyKat
Sep 30 2008, 08:53 PM
Don't worry, melanie only talks to Phillip because she thinks he's Victor and thought he could help her with her dad's murder...Phillip just shoos her away...nothing romantic or crush like at all
So good to hear.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I really doubt they are going to pair Phillip and Melanie. I could see her having a crush on him though.

If they are going to go far with Melanie and Nick they will probably have her turn 18 soon.

Mason
Member Avatar

Charmqn
Sep 30 2008, 06:50 PM
there are not chem testing Melanie and Phillip..and Melanie is not useless...
Well, that's a matter of opinion, and in my own opinion, she absolutely is pointless. As far as I'm concerned, she serves no purpose.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I don't mind Melanie, but it wouldn't really bother me if Molly was the actress that is being let go.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply