Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Thaao posted 9/27
Topic Started: Sep 29 2008, 01:24 AM (1,396 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Hullo everyone,
Doing a charity event tomorrow night for children's education. Along with Fionola Hughes, juliet Mills and Gordon Thompson we are doing a reading of Noel Coward's Private Lives. Should be fun.

Off to NY and Wash. on Tuesday for meetings for one week. Had a DOOL show yesterday with Lexie. It went very well. Sorry to say but there has been so little story that I'm a little bewildered. It was going so well. But I'm doing other things that could be very exciting.

Also Nov 1 Dool has a big party at NBCUNIVERSAL. If you're around try and come. Maybe Leann and I could wear aprons again and serve our public well. Hopefully there will be story but we should let them know.

went to Cuba for my time off and worked with a church group. They are great people ...but a lot of struggling and small wages. But a great culture ..it was great to help along. I loved meeting you all in Boston. It was a lovely time had by all. It seems to be a time of charity.

Be kind, be grateful and even in these tough times we are still doing better than most.
Love
Thaao

http://www.thaaopenghlis.com/id2.htm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Well that just sucks. Though Days of our Lives is the best at sucking uproariously monumental amounts so I'm not surprised.
Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

He has a point. They did this huge build up to the battle for Stefano's empire (although I have no clue what that means or how they plan to do it) with Ej and Tony taking on Steffie and John, and BAM. We dont' hear anything else about it.

I guess since John is short circuiting and EJ is dealing with his harem, Tony and Steffie are going to wait for them to work out their issues. Weird.

Love Thaao. Seems like a genuine person.

So I take it that serving Steffie in aprons wasn't his favorite scene of all time?

Days4Life

I share Thaao's bewilderment. That story had a big buildup and now seems to be forgotten. And the apron wearing scenes were funny, but they were also out of left field and out of character.

I'm glad he's enjoying his time off. He leads such an interesting life!

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Too bad he hasn't been having good stories.... I love seeing him and Anna together.

Kyrai

Alligato
Sep 29 2008, 07:07 AM
He has a point. They did this huge build up to the battle for Stefano's empire (although I have no clue what that means or how they plan to do it) with Ej and Tony taking on Steffie and John, and BAM. We dont' hear anything else about it.

I guess since John is short circuiting and EJ is dealing with his harem, Tony and Steffie are going to wait for them to work out their issues. Weird.

So I take it that serving Steffie in aprons wasn't his favorite scene of all time?
This is my frustration with the show. It's like there is no thought out plan. We get the build-up to what should be a big battle for the Dimera empire, and it seems like the writers don't know what to do with it or have lost interest or didn't realize the timing issues and are just waiting around for things to clear up. This should have been a fascinating story for the Dimera men, and Tony is afk, EJ is mooning over Nicole, and John's brain is ticking away.

Why in the world did we get Stefano proposing to Kate when her lung cancer storyline was coming up? I'd like to think there was a reason, and maybe there is, but the pacing of the stories is terrible.
Edited by Kyrai, Sep 29 2008, 08:01 AM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I forgot about Steffie proposing to Kate. Did she ever answer him? Did they totally just drop that? Was there even a point to that?
So friggin weird!!! Why bring that up, have Joe M talk about it in mags, put it in spoilers then drop it totally????
Maybe they will follow up with that next year or something???

ginababe
BANNED

Just another example of how Dena has no idea how to multi-task w/ her writing, you know there is such a thing of having more then one story going on at a time, Dena.. :eyeroll:

Kyrai

Alligato
Sep 29 2008, 08:27 AM
I forgot about Steffie proposing to Kate. Did she ever answer him? Did they totally just drop that? Was there even a point to that?
So friggin weird!!! Why bring that up, have Joe M talk about it in mags, put it in spoilers then drop it totally????
Maybe they will follow up with that next year or something???
When I first heard about it, I figured maybe Steffie was going to take care of Kate thru this, show a human compassionate caring side or something, but it seems like that will be Dr. Dan. Alternatively, I thought she might accept due to the cancer for some reason.

I don't recall her giving him an answer yet. I thought she just said she'd have to think about it.

They may come back to it, but it's been sitting a while. You'd think there would be some follow-up if only them both thinking about it. Well, at least, I would think there would be some follow-up.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I still believe Thaoo would be gone by now if he had not been Emmy nominated and if Joe had never returned. That is why I think Tony is going to be just an extra trip lying around. They seem to be involved Anna more lately then him. If you think about it, they can easily just have it be between Stefano and EJ for the empire. Tony is just tossed in.

I'm kind of stunned he took issue with the apron scenes. He usually likes comic pieces like that. As for the Kate proposal, she said she had to think about it and no doubt that is going to tie into her illness story.

The Dimera story was featured alot last week as Stefano alluded to some of his plans and thev J&M stuff began to take off. It's not like they dropped the story and have had it sit there for 3 months. I can see where Thaoo is coming from personally as he hasn't been featured since the cocktail party but Anna was on last week and so was Joe so the story is going on. They just aren't using him. Hopefully it picks up soon but other stories are picking up to so it's fine by me. As long as they get back to it soon, it should be fine.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Poor Thaao. The show gives him what looks like it could be a future storyline, and he gets his hopes up, only to have any hopes of a story dropped. I feel bad for him. He's a freaking Emmy nominee, and the first nominee for Lead Actor the show's had since, I don't know, maybe MacDonald Carey? Use the damn man!

I'm glad he's having scenes with Lexie though. I love when Lexie is involved with her DiMera family members.

With him working less, I have to wonder if the fight for the DiMera empire storyline is going to dwindle down to nothing as well. And if that happens, could Joseph Mascolo be out the door soon...again?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Kyrai
Sep 29 2008, 08:01 AM
Alligato
Sep 29 2008, 07:07 AM

This is my frustration with the show. It's like there is no thought out plan. We get the build-up to what should be a big battle for the Dimera empire, and it seems like the writers don't know what to do with it or have lost interest or didn't realize the timing issues and are just waiting around for things to clear up. This should have been a fascinating story for the Dimera men, and Tony is afk, EJ is mooning over Nicole, and John's brain is ticking away.

Why in the world did we get Stefano proposing to Kate when her lung cancer storyline was coming up? I'd like to think there was a reason, and maybe there is, but the pacing of the stories is terrible.
I agree with the first thing you said, completely. It looked like we were about to see a story about the fight for the DiMera empire, and then all of a sudden, John and EJ are taken out of that element and thrown into other story branches. Why? I understand that it's nice to see the characters involved in other things, rather than isolated into one story, but if you're going to show these other stories, please focus on the DiMera empire fight storyline as well. It's not that hard.

As to the second thing you mentioned about Stefano proposing to Kate and then that being dropped and her getting lung cancer and not a thought about Stefano's proposal, I think that has more to do with the creative clashing that was goin on behind the scenes. You can totally tell that there were two different outlines being written, and we're starting to fully get into that second one and all reminents of the first one are being phased out (Lucas and Chloe, Trent Robbins, the fight for the DiMera empire, a possible Stefano and Kate hook up, etc.).

Mason
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Sep 29 2008, 12:43 PM
With him working less, I have to wonder if the fight for the DiMera empire storyline is going to dwindle down to nothing as well. And if that happens, could Joseph Mascolo be out the door soon...again?
Nothing would surprise me anymore.

I don't understand why they refuse to take advantage of Thaao and Leann's talent either, but I'm not even going to try to apply logic to Corday anymore. It just doesn't work.

Kyrai

DrewHamilton
Sep 29 2008, 12:47 PM
As to the second thing you mentioned about Stefano proposing to Kate and then that being dropped and her getting lung cancer and not a thought about Stefano's proposal, I think that has more to do with the creative clashing that was goin on behind the scenes. You can totally tell that there were two different outlines being written, and we're starting to fully get into that second one and all reminents of the first one are being phased out (Lucas and Chloe, Trent Robbins, the fight for the DiMera empire, a possible Stefano and Kate hook up, etc.).
I can buy that.

Kate's one of my favorites. It's just a tad disconcerting to have her in that scene, and it completely go away as if it didn't happen. It would have been nice to have her say 'no' and put it to rest. I agree they must just have dropped it like it never happened. Stefano would have invited her to the dinner party if she was even considering I'd think.

I'll assume she told him she can't have any more children, and he dropped her. Otherwise, she'd be in a cage.

I hope the Dimera Empire fight isn't completely gone, but I think you're right. I just can't get over how much ferocity Tony had, and now it's just gone. Very disappointing. I just hope they are getting settled and will include Tanna long term.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

DrewHamilton
Poor Thaao. The show gives him what looks like it could be a future storyline, and he gets his hopes up, only to have any hopes of a story dropped. I feel bad for him. He's a freaking Emmy nominee, and the first nominee for Lead Actor the show's had since, I don't know, maybe MacDonald Carey? Use the damn man!

I'm glad he's having scenes with Lexie though. I love when Lexie is involved with her DiMera family members.

When we (the hoochies) talked to Thaao in Burlington, he was excited because the DiMera storyline was going to be big. He said it would unfold in 3 phases. I won't say what they are. Don't want to get him in trouble in case they decide to do it. And he said he was going to be involved in the Autism storyline. Things have changed since everyone came back from the shutdown. I'm assuming the new writer may have something to do with it.

Yeah, Thaao's the first lead male nominee since SN in 1988. They are basically killing his chances of repeating.

I thought the apron thing was funny. Thaao seemed to be enjoying it. He had a shit eating grin the entire time.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I hope Tony and Anna get more to enjoy when all the dust settles from the backstage changes..they really have been doing a wonderful job with the material they've gotten since Stefano's return..

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

I thought the scenes in the hospital were wonderful too. The eppy with Tony and Stefano's fight was one of the most intense ones of the year.

If anyone wants more of them, you have to start writing the show. I did today. I'm so tired of Thaao being screwed over.

cjknick
Member Avatar

hoochielicious
Sep 29 2008, 05:55 PM
DrewHamilton

When we (the hoochies) talked to Thaao in Burlington, he was excited because the DiMera storyline was going to be big. He said it would unfold in 3 phases. I won't say what they are. Don't want to get him in trouble in case they decide to do it. And he said he was going to be involved in the Autism storyline. Things have changed since everyone came back from the shutdown. I'm assuming the new writer may have something to do with it.

Yeah, Thaao's the first lead male nominee since SN in 1988. They are basically killing his chances of repeating.

I thought the apron thing was funny. Thaao seemed to be enjoying it. He had a shit eating grin the entire time.
This was my underestanding too that the DiMera war was going to be heating up ... but it has fizzled - James S mentioned in an interview that there has been a shake up and a directional change and that for his character even though EJ is on canvas now that future s/l for EJ is uncertain and he has no idea where they are going with EJ in the long term. So much uncertainty! I kind of wish Andre would come back from the dead! That would give Thaao some meaty material!

Boy I hope this whole "Who killed Trent Robbins" ends quickly - It gets a big "who cares from me"!

daysfan
Member Avatar

cjknick
Oct 1 2008, 07:51 AM
hoochielicious
Sep 29 2008, 05:55 PM
DrewHamilton

This was my underestanding too that the DiMera war was going to be heating up ... but it has fizzled - James S mentioned in an interview that there has been a shake up and a directional change and that for his character even though EJ is on canvas now that future s/l for EJ is uncertain and he has no idea where they are going with EJ in the long term. So much uncertainty! I kind of wish Andre would come back from the dead! That would give Thaao some meaty material!

Boy I hope this whole "Who killed Trent Robbins" ends quickly - It gets a big "who cares from me"!
Not surprised they sort of changed around the war story. I imagine it was more of a Scott thing or Tomlin/Chris didn't like it. I just hope that these shake-ups stop soon and Corday, Higley, Tomlin, and Chris figure out where they want to take the characters.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Just watch they will backburn brilliant actors like Thaao and Joe M and we will have scene after scene with the Passion's Peck Pair.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply