Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Thaao posted 9/27
Topic Started: Sep 29 2008, 01:24 AM (1,284 Views)
hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

cjknick
Oct 1 2008, 07:51 AM
hoochielicious
Sep 29 2008, 05:55 PM
DrewHamilton
Sep 29 2008, 12:43 PM
Poor Thaao. The show gives him what looks like it could be a future storyline, and he gets his hopes up, only to have any hopes of a story dropped. I feel bad for him. He's a freaking Emmy nominee, and the first nominee for Lead Actor the show's had since, I don't know, maybe MacDonald Carey? Use the damn man!

I'm glad he's having scenes with Lexie though. I love when Lexie is involved with her DiMera family members.

With him working less, I have to wonder if the fight for the DiMera empire storyline is going to dwindle down to nothing as well. And if that happens, could Joseph Mascolo be out the door soon...again?
When we (the hoochies) talked to Thaao in Burlington, he was excited because the DiMera storyline was going to be big. He said it would unfold in 3 phases. I won't say what they are. Don't want to get him in trouble in case they decide to do it. And he said he was going to be involved in the Autism storyline. Things have changed since everyone came back from the shutdown. I'm assuming the new writer may have something to do with it.

Yeah, Thaao's the first lead male nominee since SN in 1988. They are basically killing his chances of repeating.

I thought the apron thing was funny. Thaao seemed to be enjoying it. He had a shit eating grin the entire time.
This was my underestanding too that the DiMera war was going to be heating up ... but it has fizzled - James S mentioned in an interview that there has been a shake up and a directional change and that for his character even though EJ is on canvas now that future s/l for EJ is uncertain and he has no idea where they are going with EJ in the long term. So much uncertainty! I kind of wish Andre would come back from the dead! That would give Thaao some meaty material!

Boy I hope this whole "Who killed Trent Robbins" ends quickly - It gets a big "who cares from me"!
I just read today that John gives up his rights to the DiMera empire. WTH? That's weird.

Looks like EJ is too busy being Big Daddy DiMera to worry about his inheritance.

Thaao has told us that he'd rather have Tony being bad than Andre back. But he does enjoy Andre. Thaao loves playing Tony/Andre when they "disturb the good people of Salem." lol

I hope this Trent murder is over soon. It's stupid. No Brady did it, so what's the point?

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

cjknick
Oct 1 2008, 09:14 AM
Just watch they will backburn brilliant actors like Thaao and Joe M and we will have scene after scene with the Passion's Peck Pair.
Yep. Everytime Corday complains about money and fires vets, he always either brings back a cheaper vet or hires someone new. He never actually cuts the cast size at all.

What pisses me off about the PPP hirings is that DOOL never picked up actors from Santa Barbara and Another World. So why pick up actors from Passions?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

hoochielicious
Oct 1 2008, 05:40 PM
cjknick
Just watch they will backburn brilliant actors like Thaao and Joe M and we will have scene after scene with the Passion's Peck Pair.
Yep. Everytime Corday complains about money and fires vets, he always either brings back a cheaper vet or hires someone new. He never actually cuts the cast size at all.

What pisses me off about the PPP hirings is that DOOL never picked up actors from Santa Barbara and Another World. So why pick up actors from Passions?
It's simple. NBC has some sort of fetish with Passions.

Unlike with Santa Barbara, Another World, and Sunset Beach....NBC just could not let Passions go. It let it drag on on and with one year renewals when it was mentioned several times by some affiliates that it wasn't making enough in profits. Then it cancels it but fights like hell for it to live on elsewhere. It gets on DIRECTV and it cancels it soon after but even then NBC tries to save it.

I really do think the hirings of Martsolf and Gering was a combination of Tomlin (who worked with them) and NBC influence.

As for the Dimera war story, who knows. I think the show is trying to get other stories going right now. I still think Thaoo is one whose job was saved by his Emmy nod. I really do. His situation just reeks of keeping him around to avoid negative press, something they had to take when they got rid of Martha. Martha was not an Emmy nominated actress but she was a critical and fan darling so the show really had to deal with lots of negative press. They didn't want to do that with Thaoo and, in all honesty, I think Tony and Anna are kept around just for window dressing and add to the story. Hopefully that changes.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

PhoenixRising05
Oct 1 2008, 06:14 PM
hoochielicious
cjknick

Unlike with Santa Barbara, Another World, and Sunset Beach....NBC just could not let Passions go. It let it drag on on and with one year renewals when it was mentioned several times by some affiliates that it wasn't making enough in profits. Then it cancels it but fights like hell for it to live on elsewhere. It gets on DIRECTV and it cancels it soon after but even then NBC tries to save it.

I really do think the hirings of Martsolf and Gering was a combination of Tomlin (who worked with them) and NBC influence.

As for the Dimera war story, who knows. I think the show is trying to get other stories going right now. I still think Thaoo is one whose job was saved by his Emmy nod. I really do. His situation just reeks of keeping him around to avoid negative press, something they had to take when they got rid of Martha. Martha was not an Emmy nominated actress but she was a critical and fan darling so the show really had to deal with lots of negative press. They didn't want to do that with Thaoo and, in all honesty, I think Tony and Anna are kept around just for window dressing and add to the story. Hopefully that changes.
I think they left Passions on for so long because it was cheaper than DOOL and a younger fanbase. But AW and SB had emmy winning actors. Even ATWT picked up some AW actors and characters, Cass, Lila, Vicky, Marley, Donna, and Jake.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

hoochielicious
Oct 2 2008, 05:53 PM
PhoenixRising05
Oct 1 2008, 06:14 PM
hoochielicious
cjknick

I think they left Passions on for so long because it was cheaper than DOOL and a younger fanbase. But AW and SB had emmy winning actors. Even ATWT picked up some AW actors and characters, Cass, Lila, Vicky, Marley, Donna, and Jake.
Yeah but, other then Jake, none of them lasted long and even Jake was killed. They even admitted it was a mistake because it alienated some ATWT fans and it didn't help bring in AW fans.

I do think there are better actors the show could've went out and got though for sure.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply