Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; For the week of September 29, 2008
Topic Started: Sep 29 2008, 08:48 AM (4,979 Views)
Sindacco
Member Avatar

Discuss.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I just watched todays show and I thought it was okey. I hate that Philip is back in triangles again, no matter if it's Philip/Chloe/Lucas, Morgan/Philip/Chloe, Philip/Belle/Shawn or Philip/Chloe/Brady, I just hate it! I loved the way they wrote him earlier this year as ruthless and acting like Victor did in the past. But like always when they start a story with Jay they just drop it later on.

Best scene today was the end with Roman and Caroline.

Btw, why is Steve allowed to walk around on the crime scene?

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

Sindacco
Sep 29 2008, 08:53 AM

Because he's married to a Brady.

Kyrai

darraholic
Sep 29 2008, 09:21 AM
Sindacco
Sep 29 2008, 08:53 AM

Because he's married to a Brady.
And the prime suspect is a Brady also, so the whole clan really should be walking around messing with the evidence.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Not only that but he is a PI and has helped the PD in the past.

John used to be around in the same capacity even before he became ISA. I have no problem with it as long as the person has assisted the PD or been connected to it at one point.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Holy shit! I almost busted a gut laughing my ass off that Lucas is the CFO of Titan! Are you fucking kidding me? Does Lucas have the Master's degree and CPA creds that most CFO of international companies have?
I thought insta-lawyer EJ had it good, but this takes the taco!!!

Bryan Williams interrupted half of the show today with the Wall Street bailout crap, but I did get to see some amazing chemistry between Phillip and Chloe. I am so NOT a Phloe fan, but today, Nadia's acting rose a few notches and Phillip just smolders when looking at her, so hell ya on Phloe. Why in the world can't Lucas look at a woman like that. I saw more affection and love in a 2 minute scene with Phillip and Chloe than all summer of Lucas and Chloe.

And I promise, I don't mean to diss Lucas so much. With the nasty mullet, he just annoys the shit out of me lately.

And, I am not detective, but any fool could look at the size of Trent and Caroline and see that it was impossible for that 80 year old woman to beat him up and stab him in the back. She should have been brought in for questioning and released based on her statement and circumstances, not booked into prison. Silly. Silly. Silly.
Go Hope for actually sounding intelligent during her investigation. Loved the layover scenes between Hope describing events and the characters looking at their injuries. Poor Trent just got it from all sides.

Kinda liked me some Nick and Melanie. Bout time Nick gets a romance scene. Mel could tone it down a bit.

And anyone who thinks that Dr. Dan and Nicole had a thing needs to see a little of their scenes today. Nicole couldn't be less interested, and Dan looks like he is just amused and tolerating her. Doesn't even look like he likes her.
Loved that she called Pookie a "bee-atch"...Ari had to adlib that.
Must be some significance that they pushed Nicole's alcoholism so much...didn't realize she was such an addict. Bet she will lose the baby due to poor health...or maybe Lucas will help her stay sober and now since he is such a big shot CFO making the money, Nicole will fall in love and they can romance. I think Nicole is the only person who can make Lucas look good.

Now, I assume we will see Sami and Nicole land such high powered jobs in the corporate world too, right? Oh, I forgot. They are knocked up and doomed to stay home and have their baby's daddy's/sugar daddy's support them.

Didn't mean to bitch so much. When I get home early and settle in to watch my stories, I don't like Bryan Williams telling me the world is going to end!!!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

So glad they had Julie nitpicking Melanie. She would totally do that, despite her own past as a troublemaker. Takes one to know one, indeed.

Nicole Walker

"Loved that she called Pookie a "bee-atch"...Ari had to adlib that."

That was so funny!

Sariah
Member Avatar

Quote:

I am so NOT a Phloe fan, but today, Nadia's acting rose a few notches and Phillip just smolders when looking at her, so hell ya on Phloe.

:D

I enjoyed Philip and Chloe today (obviously), and love that they're getting back to exploiting that hotness between them. Lucas is in desperate need of a haircut, and I was another ROTFL that he is now Titan's CFO. Is Philip deliberately trying to ruin the company?

I like Nick and Melanie, but she needs to tone it down a notch. They're cute together though.

I wasn't really feeling anything between Nicole and Dan today, although I loved her line about thinking about getting sober once, but she was drunk at the time and not in her right mind. LOL

jane1978

DrewHamilton
Sep 29 2008, 02:22 PM
So glad they had Julie nitpicking Melanie. She would totally do that, despite her own past as a troublemaker. Takes one to know one, indeed.
Julie was spot on because the minute she said it I immeditelly remembered the first DAYS episode and Julie, the teen shoplifter. As for Melanie, she is so flirty and charming I´m not surprised Nick already fell in love with her. She is like the biggest tease in the world. Of course, DAYS being DAYS I wouldn´t be surprised if Mel is still a virgin. Even Chelsea was.

Days4Life

Alligato
Sep 29 2008, 02:10 PM
Holy shit! I almost busted a gut laughing my ass off that Lucas is the CFO of Titan! Are you fucking kidding me? Does Lucas have the Master's degree and CPA creds that most CFO of international companies have?
I thought insta-lawyer EJ had it good, but this takes the taco!!!

Bryan Williams interrupted half of the show today with the Wall Street bailout crap, but I did get to see some amazing chemistry between Phillip and Chloe. I am so NOT a Phloe fan, but today, Nadia's acting rose a few notches and Phillip just smolders when looking at her, so hell ya on Phloe. Why in the world can't Lucas look at a woman like that. I saw more affection and love in a 2 minute scene with Phillip and Chloe than all summer of Lucas and Chloe.

And I promise, I don't mean to diss Lucas so much. With the nasty mullet, he just annoys the shit out of me lately.

And, I am not detective, but any fool could look at the size of Trent and Caroline and see that it was impossible for that 80 year old woman to beat him up and stab him in the back. She should have been brought in for questioning and released based on her statement and circumstances, not booked into prison. Silly. Silly. Silly.
Go Hope for actually sounding intelligent during her investigation. Loved the layover scenes between Hope describing events and the characters looking at their injuries. Poor Trent just got it from all sides.

Kinda liked me some Nick and Melanie. Bout time Nick gets a romance scene. Mel could tone it down a bit.

And anyone who thinks that Dr. Dan and Nicole had a thing needs to see a little of their scenes today. Nicole couldn't be less interested, and Dan looks like he is just amused and tolerating her. Doesn't even look like he likes her.
Loved that she called Pookie a "bee-atch"...Ari had to adlib that.
Must be some significance that they pushed Nicole's alcoholism so much...didn't realize she was such an addict. Bet she will lose the baby due to poor health...or maybe Lucas will help her stay sober and now since he is such a big shot CFO making the money, Nicole will fall in love and they can romance. I think Nicole is the only person who can make Lucas look good.

Now, I assume we will see Sami and Nicole land such high powered jobs in the corporate world too, right? Oh, I forgot. They are knocked up and doomed to stay home and have their baby's daddy's/sugar daddy's support them.

Didn't mean to bitch so much. When I get home early and settle in to watch my stories, I don't like Bryan Williams telling me the world is going to end!!!
I'm not going to bother typing up my thoughts on today's show when I agree with everything you just said! Including the part about Brian Williams cutting in.

Lucas as CFO...give me a break! He went to military school!

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Well, if we are to believe that EJ is a lawyer, Lucas can be a CFO. We have to remember to suspend reality when watching Days.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

I only tuned in for the last min - It was heartbreaking seeing Caroline going to jail.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

jane1978
Sep 29 2008, 04:06 PM
DrewHamilton
Sep 29 2008, 02:22 PM
Julie was spot on because the minute she said it I immeditelly remembered the first DAYS episode and Julie, the teen shoplifter. As for Melanie, she is so flirty and charming I´m not surprised Nick already fell in love with her. She is like the biggest tease in the world. Of course, DAYS being DAYS I wouldn´t be surprised if Mel is still a virgin. Even Chelsea was.
Ugh. Please don't let Melanie be a virgin. I'm sick of Nick being a starter boyfriend for girls on this show. I really wanted his next girlfriend to know what sex was like. I'd actually love it if she was more experienced then he was.

Today's show was good. Of course I thought Mick were cute. Julie was starting to tick me off with the body language line but then it went along better when she said it took one to know one. I laughed at Doug and Mickey standing their proud their nephew was getting a mouthful in the restaurant.

Caroline got to me today. Usually she doesn't but I got all choked up when she accepted her fate and was led away.

Date is finally moving forward and about them as a couple. I love that Kate went back to work and she wouldn't accept Dan's sympathy. This should be good. Dan/Nicole made me laugh today though.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Sariah
Sep 29 2008, 03:16 PM
Quote:

I am so NOT a Phloe fan, but today, Nadia's acting rose a few notches and Phillip just smolders when looking at her, so hell ya on Phloe.

:D

I enjoyed Philip and Chloe today (obviously), and love that they're getting back to exploiting that hotness between them. Lucas is in desperate need of a haircut, and I was another ROTFL that he is now Titan's CFO. Is Philip deliberately trying to ruin the company?

I wasn't really feeling anything between Nicole and Dan today, although I loved her line about thinking about getting sober once, but she was drunk at the time and not in her right mind. LOL
I agree! Jay and Nadia never disappoint.
I loved the Horton interaction today.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I'm watching today's show on Soapnet right now, and the only scenes I'm enjoying are the Nick/Melanie/Maggie/Mickey/Doug/Julie ones......

I have no words for the Bo/Hope/Caroline scenes, they just aren't doing much for me.......

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Ok new nickname for Lucas, Shaggy Lucas..... :D

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

As I posted on the weekend, I thought Monday was very good.

I just loved the Horton interaction. It was so nice seeing Doug, Julie, Mickey, and Maggie on and involved in something that means something. Glad to see Mickey's services being used and Julie not liking Melanie and comparing her to herself was just so fitting. Nick/Melanie was cute. I didn't mind the kiss as alot of it was flirty. I just got a kick out of Doug and Mickey looking on approvingly and Maggie and Julie looking on all concerned. It's stuff like this that is so Days. Loved it.

Stax did nothing for me but the story at least moved in their regard and I do like Shelley's hair. It looks nice shorter. I really enjoyed the cemetery scenes. I like how Caroline was silent and they didn't have her go into hysterics with her yelling she didn't do it and so on. Bo knew it right away and his conflict over doing it by the book was well-done. I loved seeing how awkward Hope was too and Roman's reaction when they arrived at the station was also well-done. Just loved Mickey, Maggie, Doug, and Julie being by Caroline's side. The end scene with Roman locking Caroline up was heartbreaking. Peggy, Josh, Peter, and Kristian all performed well today. I also thought the suspects were portrayed well. Burnett, Berris, Zucker, and Brooks did very good jobs. I especially liked Steve getting involved at the cemetery and Hope and Steve's voice-overs as they went through the suspects and Trent's injuries and we saw each suspect (Melanie with Trent's wallet, Nicole with the fingernails, Max with the bruises and scratches on his back, and Nick with the bruised knuckles). That was a well-done scene. Nice way to amp up the story.

Nicole/Daniel was hilarious. Loved her little "beotch" ad-lib and all the Pookie talk. Today showed why Nicole is such a great character. We got all sides of her today and I was fascinated by every scene she was in. She just draws you in. Liked the little Kate/Nicole snark we got today too. Kate/Daniel was some nice interaction as well. Glad they went through the details of her illness. That should sooth concerns of some over this story. I also like how they are writing Kate focusing on work and acting like her illness is no big deal. That is so in character for her.

All in all, a very good start to the week. Tomorrow's is solid as well. I'm very glad they mention how Max would never let his mother go down for murder tomorrow. I was worried if they would address that. I was also shocked by how good the Lucas/Sami/EJ scenes were tomorrow. The fact that Sami is actually looking for a job shocked the hell out of me LOL.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Can Bryan Datillo please either cut his hair or get off the damm show..He looks horrible...Really enjoyed the re-visiting of Chloe and Phillip today..thank you Gary Tomlin, hope he realized that Lucas and Chloe just doesn't work...Also i'm enjoying the murder mystery so far, especially the scene of us seeing the suspects as Hope read the report...Also Peggy McCay gave a strong performance today and it was nice seeing Doug, Julie, Mickey and Maggie...I'm actually finally getting used to Kevin Dobson as Mickey..

Also on a shallow note i really like Shelly's new haircut..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kevc1980
Sep 30 2008, 12:50 AM
Can Bryan Datillo please either cut his hair or get off the damm show..He looks horrible...Really enjoyed the re-visiting of Chloe and Phillip today..thank you Gary Tomlin, hope he realized that Lucas and Chloe just doesn't work...Also i'm enjoying the murder mystery so far, especially the scene of us seeing the suspects as Hope read the report...Also Peggy McCay gave a strong performance today and it was nice seeing Doug, Julie, Mickey and Maggie...I'm actually finally getting used to Kevin Dobson as Mickey..

Also on a shallow note i really like Shelly's new haircut..
On tomorrow's episode, Lucas has short hair again so Bryan finally got it cut.

Also, Steve has shorter hair too. It's still long but it's only a bit longer then his collar now so he got a little trim. Seems like it was groomer's day LOL.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply