Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; For the week of September 29, 2008
Topic Started: Sep 29 2008, 08:48 AM (5,061 Views)
Kevc1980
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Sep 30 2008, 01:14 AM
Kevc1980
Sep 30 2008, 12:50 AM
Can Bryan Datillo please either cut his hair or get off the damm show..He looks horrible...Really enjoyed the re-visiting of Chloe and Phillip today..thank you Gary Tomlin, hope he realized that Lucas and Chloe just doesn't work...Also i'm enjoying the murder mystery so far, especially the scene of us seeing the suspects as Hope read the report...Also Peggy McCay gave a strong performance today and it was nice seeing Doug, Julie, Mickey and Maggie...I'm actually finally getting used to Kevin Dobson as Mickey..

Also on a shallow note i really like Shelly's new haircut..
On tomorrow's episode, Lucas has short hair again so Bryan finally got it cut.

Also, Steve has shorter hair too. It's still long but it's only a bit longer then his collar now so he got a little trim. Seems like it was groomer's day LOL.
thank god..both were getting pretty bad...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Bryan's was but for some reason seeing SN with long hair never bothers me. It just seems to suit him, no matter how long it gets. Tomorrow you can tell it was trimmed but it's not trimmed that much, which is good IMO because I like long hair on him. Bryan is back to where he was basically only it isn't so short that he has that spiked hair look going for him. He still has it layered but it's not long in the back at all and the front was trimmed alot.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Sep 30 2008, 02:58 AM
Bryan's was but for some reason seeing SN with long hair never bothers me. It just seems to suit him, no matter how long it gets. Tomorrow you can tell it was trimmed but it's not trimmed that much, which is good IMO because I like long hair on him. Bryan is back to where he was basically only it isn't so short that he has that spiked hair look going for him. He still has it layered but it's not long in the back at all and the front was trimmed alot.
Actually, Bryan's hair didn't bother me.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

More Kate and Nicole snark please! I'd love to see their rivalry sparked up again. Make them business enemies.
Lucas' hair was too long but since I don't tend to find him attractive it didn't bother me.
Edited by DolceDiMera, Sep 30 2008, 08:15 AM.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

I don't have any problem with Lucas being CFO. He worked at Titan for years, he was a main player in Kate and EJ's company as well, and he knows enough about the financial end of the business that he was able to spot EJ's tampering with the books. So he has a well established background in the business world already. I also have no issue with his hair, I found it to be more of an "in character" type of thing. He probably didn't get regular visits to the salon while in jail ;) Now that he's back in the corporate world, he got his hair cut.

With EJ, we had no clue he was a lawyer. He never mentioned it, his father never mentioned it. We just turned on the show one day, and EJ was a lawyer. :shrug:

I thought Monday's show was ok. I just have zero empathy for Caroline, I don't like her. So the jail scenes didn't tug at the heartstrings at all. Plus we already know she didn't kill Trent, so she'll be out of jail in no time. Nicole was the major bright spot on the show. I loved the Phloe scenes as well. I wonder what Chloe will do when Brady gets back in town. Are we going to have three guys chasing her? I sure hope not.

I also hope that Melanie will remain on the show. I am really loving her interaction with Nick. Good stuff there.

Pearly
Member Avatar

I love yesterday's show. All of the interactions were awesome.

I thought the scenes with Bope/Caroline were acted out very well. Hope reading the coroner's report, at the same time we see the potential suspects Nick/Melanie/Max/Nicole was nice touch. The last scene with Roman/Caroline made me cry.

Daniel and Nicole's scenes were great. I wish they would pursue them as a couple; lot's of chem there.

Kate's reaction to her diagnosis was spot on. She was great....I hope they rock this s/l for her.

Philip/Chloe - Wow!! I'm on the Phloe train bigtime...Nadia's acting was better in yesterday's epi...must be the chem with JKJ. Can't wait to see what happens when Brady is back.

Lucas- I know that there are alot of BD fans out there, but I'm sorry, to me, he is just sticking out like a sore thumb. They're just not writing him well at all (not that they ever have) but now it's just awful. I mean CFO? Seriously?! More and more I'm thinking he's gonna be killed off. Just a feeling I get.

Doug/Julie/Mickey/Maggie- Loved them!! It really did seem like old times yesterday with the four them. It's good to see them back. I could've done without the green talk plug in it's just waaay to cheesey they way they approach it. Oh well--we can't have everything.

Overall, good show. :cheers:
Edited by Pearly, Sep 30 2008, 10:10 AM.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Pearly
Sep 30 2008, 10:08 AM
Philip/Chloe - Wow!! I'm on the Phloe train bigtime...Nadia's acting was better in yesterday's epi...must be the chem with JKJ. Can't wait to see what happens when Brady is back.

Great! Welcome to the Phloe train :)

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Today I actually enjoyed EJami. I had to smile that Sami admitted to being a forger, reminded me of the days when I really loved Sami. What bothers me though is today had signs of both EJami and Lumi and I'm so tired of both sides of the triangle I could scream.

Speaking of triangles, Chelsea's talk with Hope was hilarious and maddening at the same time. I find it hilarious that Chelsea simply telling Hope that Melanie is a suspect one minute and then we have Melanie seriously being considered one later makes me wonder if that's all it took. Of course Melanie might have done it, but given it's the SalemPD, I wouldn't put it past them they get a tip from a jealous ex-girlfriend of Nick's to take it seriously. I do have to say shame on Chelsea since she has no idea that Melanie is a viable suspect.

Yay, Kayla is CoS.

Pearly
Member Avatar

Tripp
Sep 30 2008, 01:53 PM
Today I actually enjoyed EJami. I had to smile that Sami admitted to being a forger, reminded me of the days when I really loved Sami. What bothers me though is today had signs of both EJami and Lumi and I'm so tired of both sides of the triangle I could scream.

Speaking of triangles, Chelsea's talk with Hope was hilarious and maddening at the same time. I find it hilarious that Chelsea simply telling Hope that Melanie is a suspect one minute and then we have Melanie seriously being considered one later makes me wonder if that's all it took. Of course Melanie might have done it, but given it's the SalemPD, I wouldn't put it past them they get a tip from a jealous ex-girlfriend of Nick's to take it seriously. I do have to say shame on Chelsea since she has no idea that Melanie is a viable suspect.

Yay, Kayla is CoS.

I'll tell you something that is a little OT but IMO Rachel Melvin is out. I say this with regret because she's been good on the show but I feel like both her and BD are sticking out like sore thumbs.

six
Member Avatar

I felt terrible for Caroline. Yes, she was an idiot for pulling out the knife, but she has to be so scared. She's been through so much, lately. Lean on Victor, Caroline!

I hope you're wrong, Pearly, but she is sort of the odd man out, right now. I think the character has a lot of potential though, and I like that we still have some younger Bradys on the show. I'd rather see Stephanie go if anyone from that set had to.
Edited by six, Sep 30 2008, 02:15 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Tripp
Sep 30 2008, 01:53 PM

Yay, Kayla is CoS.

Great points all around, Tripp!

Liked EJami, and love when EJ gets playful with Sami. Even enjoyed some Lumi today too. Glad to see that they all can get along with the kids...even throw in a little snark there. I am hoping that they plan to ditch the triangle with them though. It will make me hate all three of them!

Show was okay today...there is some movement...liked the scenes with Chelsea and Theo. Maybe they can make Chelsea an extra and just have her be one of those nurses who comes on every once in awhile because that seems to be the only way I can take her. Very small doses and being cute with Theo. Hated her with Hope.
Otherwise, I think she does seem to stick out lately.

MAJOR MAJOR props to Bryan Datillo for cutting his hair! So much better!! Maybe that is why I liked him today!!! I think I actually cheered when I saw him!!! :applause:

Pearly
Member Avatar

six
Sep 30 2008, 02:14 PM
I hope you're wrong, Pearly, but she is sort of the odd man out, right now. I think the character has a lot of potential though, and I like that we still have some younger Bradys on the show. I'd rather see Stephanie go if anyone from that set had to.
I hope I'm wrong, too.

I just don't see her getting a s/l of her own nor do I see her blending into any others. Kate and Chelsea's relationship has gone to shit. Nick has made it blatantly obvious that he wants nothing to do with her romantically and she's on a thin line with their friendship. I really don't see the writers pursuing a rivalry between her and Melanie. It seems like they're concentrating more on Stax and Melanie. There are spoilers out that she tells Daniel to move on. Also, Rachel has yet to make a blog post since August 23rd.

It's just not looking good for Chelsea/Rachel. :ermmmm:
Edited by Pearly, Sep 30 2008, 02:42 PM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Pearly
Sep 30 2008, 02:41 PM
six
Sep 30 2008, 02:14 PM
I hope I'm wrong, too.

I just don't see her getting a s/l of her own nor do I see her blending into any others. Kate and Chelsea's relationship has gone to shit. Nick has made it blatantly obvious that he wants nothing to do with her romantically and she's on a thin line with their friendship. I really don't see the writers pursuing a rivalry between her and Melanie. It seems like they're concentrating more on Stax and Melanie. There are spoilers out that she tells Daniel to move on. Also, Rachel has yet to make a blog post since August 23rd.

It's just not looking good for Chelsea/Rachel. :ermmmm:
Well right now she's the odd man (woman) out in a triangle which we're not used to seeing RM in. She's been the center of almost all her storylines in the last year or two. I think it's not a bad thing to put her in this role, we've kind of been Chelsea centric for so long, it's not a bad idea to let her be supporting for awhile and maybe even backburnered too.

I could see them letting her go, but more out of RM's weird comments she is making on her forum about how upset she is with the status of her character. I don't see why she wants to go back to Chan given the horrible nosedive her character took and how many fans have turned on her character which really regressed back to being as hated and reviled during the time when Zack was killed.

That said, the show could afford to keep RM around anyway, she's the only one who has a chance in hell of getting an Emmy nod this year (especially now that ES is fired who I think had more to do with Days getting nominated) and she could have some great scenes again but right now Chelsea isn't needed to be centered on.

And though I hate to admit it, if I had to choose from the younger actresses, I would let SH go first. However, I think there is so much more potential to Stephanie than her boyfriend Max who has been through so many variations of characters: the casanova, the race car driver, the invester, the angry genius and now the family avenger. Where else is there for Max to go?
Edited by Tripp, Sep 30 2008, 03:56 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Tripp
Sep 30 2008, 03:55 PM
However, I think there is so much more potential to Stephanie than her boyfriend Max who has been through so many variations of characters: the casanova, the race car driver, the invester, the angry genius and now the family avenger.
You forgot mechanic and savior of women. He also sleeps with his niece through adoption and on another show that might actually have been considered a storyline in and of itself. But not here.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Today was another good show. There was a lot of movement and that's a great thing.

I'm glad they made Steve a private investigator and they have him working the the police. Smart move. I always imagined Steve as a police officer, but not really because he's not one to follow the rules, himself, much like Bo back in the day. But with him as a pirvate investigator, he can do his own thing and not have to worry about following the rules because it may look bad on the force if he chooses not to, like Bo always seems to be in trouble with. Maybe Bo and Steve should be PI's together.

Thank God no one believes Caroline could've committed the murder. It's a good thing they mentioned the beatings on Trent and the beating he took probably before he wask killed. It would have been completely stupid for anyone to believe that Caroline could've done it considering what happened, and the writers could've easily went that route.

The mayor is a complete asshole, but I love him so far. I wish he would become a more permanent character.

The scenes between Max and Melanie were right on. For the first time since Max found out he had a sister, despite the several scenes they shared together in Paris and recently in Salem, today was the first time I felt a sibling vibe from the two, and I could see staying power with Melanie as Max's sister and nothing else. The way they sparred against each other, one accusing the other of murdering their father, it was great. Darin Brooks and Molly Burnett played well off each other. That was great.

I thought it was a good move to have Cheslea be the one to put the bug in Hope's ear that Melanie may have done the killing. It reminds the audience that Chelsea's a little conniving and manipulating bitch as well and if she doesn't like you, you better watch your back. Chelsea got back at Melanie for her interest in Nick and she didn't get her fingers dirty at all. I love when they write Chelsea as the bitch she is.

I like Lexie and Kayla's new friendship. Maybe they've been friends for years, since Lexie has been a character on the show since the late-80s, despite Renee Jones only coming into the role in 1992. Were Lexie and Kayla friends back in the day? I wasn't watching then so I don't know. Anyways, I like their scenes together. At first, when I was watching and saw Kayla tell Lexie that she was the interim Chief of Staff, Lexie's reaction made me think she may be a little upset and jealous. But we returned from the break and she was congratulating Kayla. While I don't mind Lexie being okay with Kayla taking over the job, I would have liked a little bit of bitterness from Lexie, sort of the way she reacted to the mayor choosing Hope to be Abe's replacement. Before she knew Hope was Abe's choice, Lexie was ready to duke it out with Mrs. Brady. I hope we do see some sort of resentment from Lexie in the future. It would just be natural.

There have been rumors that Abe would run for mayor since Higley's last stint at DAYS. Since she was booted out before she got the chance to do that back in 2003, I guess she's going to have it at this time. I can see it.

I'm so glad to hear Sami is trying to find a job. She's been unemployed for way too long. Does she evern work at Mythic anymore? Does anyone? I had to laugh when Sami said that she had the top SAT scores in her class. Um, bitch, you never graduated? She dropped out, as I recall. She never went to college. The only thing that could've happened was the piano lessons, but yeah... So whatever on those scenes. I liked the touching EJ and Sami moment. I'm a fan of theirs, due to the chemistry, despite the horrible destruction of both characters.

And HALLELUJAH! Lucas cut his damn hair. It's about time. And did anyone else see a side of the old Lucas come out today? I felt that Lucas had his fire back in today's episode, sparring with Sami and EJ. Lucas and Sami are so much better when they're at odds, and Lucas actually tells Sami off rather than just accepting what she does and forgetting it. I'll take Lucas vs. Sami over Lumi anyday. But I do think it was a okay to have Lucas be the one that found Sami. It shows that despite their hatred for each other now, they will always have that connection and I think that's a good thing to show every now and then. Just keep the two apart please.

crymsinnstar74
Member Avatar

I loved it, however the part about Lucas being the CFO had me LMAO!! Anything is possible in daytime TV I guess...

Days4Life

I loved EJ and Sami today. Nice scenes with lots of chemistry and it was great to get the reminders of the old Sami. Like was mentioned, I don't believe Sami graduated either, but my son took his SAT his junior year of high school so it's still possible she took the test and scored high. I do remember back around the time of her involvement with Brandon that she was shown to be a financial whiz when she was playing the stock market. Maybe Philip should have made her CFO instead of Lucas. I also enjoyed the evil little twinkle in Sami's eyes when she told Lucas that Allie was taking a nap, and she would be cranky all day. That's the witchy, bitchy Sami I love.

Is it just me or does Theo's therapist Mark look a lot like Patrick Dempsey from Grey's Anatomy?

Good show, with a lot of story progression.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Sep 30 2008, 06:31 PM
I loved EJ and Sami today. Nice scenes with lots of chemistry and it was great to get the reminders of the old Sami. Like was mentioned, I don't believe Sami graduated either, but my son took his SAT his junior year of high school so it's still possible she took the test and scored high. I do remember back around the time of her involvement with Brandon that she was shown to be a financial whiz when she was playing the stock market. Maybe Philip should have made her CFO instead of Lucas. I also enjoyed the evil little twinkle in Sami's eyes when she told Lucas that Allie was taking a nap, and she would be cranky all day. That's the witchy, bitchy Sami I love.
You're right. I guess Sami could've taken them before she dropped out.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

EJ and Sami weren't bad today. Neither were Lucas and Sami. And more power to Lucas! In a town where experience doesn't mean much, why should folks be making this such a big deal?
I REALLY don't like the mayor. I can't wait til he meets the Grim Reaper.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Shockingly, I liked EJ and Sami too. I love how Sami is taking charge of her life. The little EJ and Sami moment was nice and I like that they mentioned her forging among her talents. Hints of old Sami today, especially when she talked about Lucas having a rough day since he was waking up Allie. Lucas was quite in character today too, taking jabs at both EJ and Sami. I do agree that Lucas and Sami work so much better at odds. I thought it was fitting too that Lucas found her at the end given all the conflict between them of late.

Melanie and Max had some great scenes. Burnett is just a gem and she played well off of Brooks. I also liked Melanie's interaction with everyone at the station. I like her as the outsider. I'm also always a sucker for Steve/Stephanie scenes so I enjoyed those. Loved the cop shop stuff. I agree that it's great seeing Steve working with the police and as a PI. Opens up so many more doors. The Mayor is a creep but I love him and it's so good to see the Brady's being called on conflict of interest and other issues. So glad they mentioned how they couldn't believe that Max would let Caroline take the fall and that Caroline could no way beat up Trent like that.

Hope/Chelsea was good too. Chelsea has her edge back and it was fitting that she hinted to Hope that Melanie had motive. I do agree that Chelsea seems to be on the outside looking in right now but I doubt she is doing anywhere. I did enjoy the Chelsea/Theo scenes and glad that the autism story is still in focus. Lexie/Kayla had some nice scenes too. For me, it would make no sense to have tension there since Lexie herself gave up the job. If she had been fired, it would be different IMO. I love Kayla being COS. Hopefully we see her more. The idea of Abe running for Mayor is a good one too. Look forward to that.

Solid start to the week. Tomorrow's is really good too. It's a shame because I love Sami tomorrow. She's taking charge of her life and makes the statement she needs to be independent and take control of her life. She mentions getting a job and not needing a man and then she finds out what is going on with her. They should've just left it alone because they were finally taking Sami in the direction I wanted her to go in. Ugh.

The Lumi scenes are good tomorrow and there is some wonderful Kayla/Victor and Victor/Caroline scenes. Peggy McKay and John Aniston SHINE tomorrow. Peggy has enough material this year to be up for supporting actress for sure. Victor is in rare form tomorrow. Very threatening and calculating.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Sep 30 2008, 10:29 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply