Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; For the week of September 29, 2008
Topic Started: Sep 29 2008, 08:48 AM (5,013 Views)
Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Who puts an SAT/ACT score on their resume, LMAO. Only in Salem! I will say I actually liked Sami today and would like to see her working again.

I don't like the actor who plays the mayor, very underwhelming IMO. I like the character but I wish the actor was stronger.

I am really digging Melanie and have to laugh how she keeps popping up all over town just as people begin to talk about her.

Not feeling that good, so I will keep this brief.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Tomorrow, I will be watching my first DAYS episode...in FIVE MONTHS!

Mason
Member Avatar

King
Oct 1 2008, 12:13 AM
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King
Oct 1 2008, 12:13 AM
You picked a perfect time IMO, King.

The show has been on a roll. Things are coming together and tomorrow's episode is very good, at least IMO.

Just ask if you need any help with what is going on. :smile:
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Oct 1 2008, 12:20 AM.

King
Member Avatar

I definitely need help being caught up. Did you see my thread I started a few days ago?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King
Oct 1 2008, 12:26 AM
I definitely need help being caught up. Did you see my thread I started a few days ago?
Yep and I gave you quite a lengthy recap. I think I covered pretty much everything. You certainly have enough there to be well-informed of what is happening now.

I was really bored and thought I could help out being as I'm a Days lover :laugh: .

King, if you need a link to download some old episodes or even the day ahead full episodes, let me know.

King
Member Avatar

Thanks, Tim! Last time, I checked it, there wasn't much response. That will give me some good reading material for the morning.

I am getting cable tomorrow so I think I'll be good with seeing the episodes from now on. I am glad to hear the show is getting better.

jcar03
Member Avatar

I would help you out King but today was the first day in weeks that I tuned in.

King
Member Avatar

It's all good!

Tim helped out. I think his recap will catch me up.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^It should.

God knows I rambled on too much but that's typical of me :laugh: .

It didn't seem like that much happened but alot actually did happen. Time really does fly.

Sindacco

I really like this story with Abe running for Mayor.

jane1978

The Wednesday show is great, just saw it. Wonderfull scenes between Caroline and Victor and they have probably the most airtime any older character had in the last ten years.

Nicol is so sweet and hopefull. I totally bought her little fantasy and it just showed her dreams and hopes perfectly. And Lucas and Sami are very nice and civilized to each other too. Nice change.

And the Melanie/Phil scene is nothing even if Iīm sure itīs there for a reason. I quess the only chance Mel is the killer is if she somewhat supressed that memory in her head because she talks to herself and says she didnīt do it more than once. I remember weīve had story like that years ago when Isabella murdered her sister Marina so itīs possibble, but she is definitely not written as a calmly plotting killer.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Whoa! They actually showed a real flashback from years ago and not just days or weeks or even months ago.

Colin Murphy, yikes! Such a bad character. I hated him so bad.

And it looks like Tomlin's production effects are taking shape. Did you notice we got a black and white flashback today. It's not as bad as the horribly colored flashbacks that Stephen Wyman produced, but I did like the way flashbacks looked while Scott was producing.

Days4Life

So that was the big Sami and Lucas scene that some had thought might be leading to a Lumi reunion...well, I don't think so. It felt like closure to me; I didn't pick up on any kind of romantic vibe. And in the preview, I had to laugh when Sami said something like "I don't know how this could have happened" and Lucas says "I know exactly when it happened." The look on his face and the way he delivered the line...classic Lucas. I wish they had kept Lucas and Sami as co-conspirators who frequently hated each other instead of a romantic couple.

I was surprised at the Colin flashback, but I'm glad they did it because there was a lot of confusion about Nicole's ability to conceive. That's an appropriate use of a flashback, unlike when they show us scenes from just a couple days ago. It was nice seeing Nicole so happy about being pregnant; however, I feel it's kind of strange that she would be so excited so quickly. She's not married, has no financial stability, has no commitment from the baby's father and isn't even sure he's over his ex-wife....it just seems to me that she should be exhibiting some nervousness or shock or anxiety. Instead, she's caught up in this dream of happily ever after with EJ. I suppose it's because she's looking at the situation as some kind of miracle, but I would have liked to see more of her initial reaction.

Loved the Victor/Caroline scenes. Perfect, perfect, perfect! It was good to have the Kim mention, too.

King
Member Avatar

OK. OK.

Not bad, not bad.

I can get on board with this, Higley. This is much better than what I left off on in June.

Some good Caroline/Victor scenes. Trent's murder is OK. Nicole pregnant with EJ's baby is AWESOME and SEXY! And I'm glad they are acknowledging that she was told she can't have them. Bo being up for chief, Nice! Philip = blah blah blah. Melanie...why does she look so much like Shayna Rose!?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

^ She does look like a mix between Shayna Rose and Rachel Melvin.

King
Member Avatar

I swear...at first I thought it was Shayna Rose! LOL!

And yeah, when I saw that flashback of Colin, I was like...HE'S back!? LOL!

I just want the show to have focus on again, even if it is a bad focus. I just want everything to make sense.

Does it seem like it's like that these days or are things still crazy random?

Sariah
Member Avatar

I was surprised by how much I stopped to watch today.

I loved the EJ/Nicole stuff. I can believe that she's excited because something's happened that she thought never would happen (and I agree that it was fun to have an actual flashback). Nicole wants so desperately to be loved, I can understand her seizing this and thinking that it might mean that EJ will finally be hers. Although I'm sure (unfortunately) it won't play out that way.

And I thought the Lumi scenes in the hospital today were very well done - there was a real rapport between them when he was holding her hand and calming her down through the blood being drawn. I'm also so glad that BD cut his hair.

I loved the Victor/Caroline scenes today. I always wanted them to revisit this story, and if the Trent murder brings them closer together, I'm all for it. Just think of the drama it would create with the Brady family if Caroline became Victor's wife!

I have to say that I love EJ and Philip in scenes together. I wish the show would make them rivals (the way they hinted at when Philip first returned) with a Dimera/Kiriakis showdown. The Philip/Melanie stuff was pretty boring. Which is just how JKJ played it - as if Melanie bored Philip and was wasting his time. If they were chem testing them, it was a pretty dismal test, IMO.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

So as usual we have some Brady's blindly trusting Max could never had done such a thing as kill Trent.

This is where I get so frustrated with the writers. They have what could be a really interesting, greatly angst filled and overall easy story in front of them but they ignore it. What is so wrong with the Brady's all questioning that Max might have killed Trent?

First, don't tell me he isn't capable of it. He secretly buried a corpse 6 months ago not once but twice and that IMO that is just as chilling and morbid thing to do as killing someone in haste. Second, we saw Max hold glass up to Trent's throat with most of the Brady's there to witness. It took them forever to talk him down (and I really mean forever). If he didn't have it in him, then what were they afraid of then? And if he could do it then, he could do it later. Third, we have the bruises on Max's body that are fresh and new that could easily correspond to Trent's bruises.

Think of the soapy goodness this could have started. Max is brought in by his own brothers who look grim but think he did it. Because Caroline was at the scene, they feel like they have no choice but get Max to admit to the crime so they can let their sweet mother out who they know didn't do it. Max is upset and angry and hurt...how can they think this? They remind him of his earlier behavior. Possibly the fact he's not a real Brady but an adopted one gets brought up which Bo could argue with him over that versus Roman. Max is torn...if he didn't do it then the next suspect is his sister. How can he implicate her?

But because of Caroline he does. The Brady's don't listen but soon the evidence does point to her. Melanie is brought in and is there to defend Max until they make it clear she's a suspect, and thanks to Max's own testimony. Now Melanie feels very betrayed. She came to Salem for him. She STAYED in Salem for him. Now he is using her to protect himself (keep in mind she thinks Max did it too).

Meanwhile Nick is caught between his best friend Max and his new love interest Melanie. He ultimately sides with Max because in the end, he doesn't know Melanie and maybe Chelsea is right. Maybe she is bad news.

But do we get any of that? Nooooo.
Edited by Tripp, Oct 1 2008, 04:39 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King
Oct 1 2008, 03:34 PM
I swear...at first I thought it was Shayna Rose! LOL!

And yeah, when I saw that flashback of Colin, I was like...HE'S back!? LOL!

I just want the show to have focus on again, even if it is a bad focus. I just want everything to make sense.

Does it seem like it's like that these days or are things still crazy random?
This is the most focused the show has been in awhile, King. The last few weeks it has really started to come together. You now see the show committing to things. As much as I hate Sami being pregnant, at least it's a direction and a story that will have implications. The problem with Days since May is that nothing that happens influences anything. They had a chance with the Paul story and Bo concealing evidence but the Scott/Higley upheaval screwed with that story. Now we have actual stories being built that will have impact. I can deal with a bad story or bad direction as long as it has some sort of effect. Sami and Nicole being pregnant has a lasting effect. Abe quitting as commish and now running for mayor has an effect. Lexie quitting as COS. Even Trent dying has an effect in terms of Max and Melanie. Hopefully other stories begin to come around too because as long as there is something that will have an impact later on, it makes it somewhat worth it.

I enjoyed the show the last few months (although May and June were rough) but I can admit there was nothing to actually look forward to until we got Stefano back and until the last few weeks where things got an actual direction. The autism story has benefited greatly the past few weeks. It feels real and given Abe and Lexie more do outside of that and tying it in with the autism story is brilliant. The show is moving story on a daily basis again and you finally feel for the first time in a long time that the show is committing to direction in most stories. The issue is the show has been through one transition after another since 2006 and all that means is constant re-writing, cast changes, and a clear lack of direction. A story will start and then get some quick haphazard ending because a new regime is coming in or there is backstage upheaval. Hopefully what is going on now keeps up because I feel like things are being planned out now. I feel like the show is going somewhere. It may not mean always the best stories but at least there will be an impact of some kind.

Now, about today's show...my favorite had to be the Victor/Caroline scenes. The last time they interacted she was angry with him but it was clear that didn't matter (especially since the whole Paul evidence issue has gone away, no harm done). Peggy McKay and John Aniston shined today. So much history and she was just so eager to see him. It's like she needed him because she could be open with him. She wants to put on a front with her children but she doesn't have to with Victor. I just loved her telling him to back off and not get involved and his determination and both their pledges of love for heartwarming. I hope they really do end up together. I also loved Caroline warning Bo not to try anything stupid and Kayla and Victor going at it about her mother. That is something Kim would do but I can see Kayla doing it too. She's just looking out for her mother. Loved Kayla and Bo comforting her in the end. Nice seeing Steve around too. Nice mention of his past with Victor. It felt like old school Days today with Kayla hating on Victor, Steve still not trusting him, some wonderful sibling interaction with Bo and Kayla, and then seeing Victor in his last scene with that dramatic music in the background (you just know he is going to try something after hearing that Caroline is going to be prosecuted). That last scene with Victor was just a chilling scene.

Liked Philip and EJ's little fight over Nicole. I was glad they threw in that flashback of Colin telling Nicole that her chances of conceiving were poor. They are at least acknowledging it and I didn't even mind Nicole's dream because I just love the way EJ and Nicole seem to light up around each other. It was a cute scene that played well into another cure scene of them talking about their date. Nicole is so excited and I can't help but root for her. Ari just has this ability to suck you in. Nice seeing Maggie too and the Philip/Melanie interaction was nice to see (love seeing characters interact outside of story) but felt like a waste. I'm sure she will end up flirting with him (she already kind of was) or something but there was no way Philip and Victor would help her anyway and the scene felt a bit forced. They aren't PI's. I did laugh at how Philip acted like she was wasting his time LOL. I guess one thing it did was show that Melanie most likely did not do it unless she blocked it out, which is possible. I did enjoy the interaction though. The little scene with Philip and EJ bowing to the Japanese businessmen was cute too.

The LUMI scenes were actually nice and necessary. I did get a sense of closure so not so sure this is opening up that can of worms again. I did like how they addressed their relationship and wondered how it went wrong. That was needed weeks ago. Finally some character direction! I can deal with Sami being pregnant (for reasons mentioned above) but the reason why I do hate it overall is because Sami was finally going in the direction I wanted her to go. Her statement that she wanted to get a job, be on her own, independent, and just focusing on her kids...that is what I wanted her to do months ago! Then it's all shot to hell with her being pregnant. Oh well.

Not a bad episode though. I will be watching tomorrow's soon so we'll see if this strong week can continue.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply