Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; For the week of September 29, 2008
Topic Started: Sep 29 2008, 08:48 AM (4,810 Views)
SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I have to say, after watching the last few epis with BD, I'm liking him again. He had become way to shrill and over the top. I'm not sure that was all his fault, or Higley's, maybe a little of both. It seems that the story has direction, and that's really helping his acting. These past few scenes with him and AS seem like closure to the Lumi storybook. I for one am glad. Maybe, now they can be friends. I, too, liked how he called Sami on her scheming, and she hadn't even said anything....she just had this look. That pulled on their history, Lucas knows how she schemes and he was quick to call her on it.

I also liked how we are seeing more into the characters motivations. That has SO been missing. We think we know what or who a character wants, but we never saw anything play out on screen to back it up. Over the past couple of days, we've been able to see into their psyche a little better, and I for one am loving that.

Loving Stefano, John, EJ, Sami and yes even Lucas.....

All in all a much better week on Days!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Days4Life

JANALH
Oct 3 2008, 09:32 AM
I have to say, after watching the last few epis with BD, I'm liking him again. He had become way to shrill and over the top. I'm not sure that was all his fault, or Higley's, maybe a little of both. It seems that the story has direction, and that's really helping his acting. These past few scenes with him and AS seem like closure to the Lumi storybook. I for one am glad. Maybe, now they can be friends. I, too, liked how he called Sami on her scheming, and she hadn't even said anything....she just had this look. That pulled on their history, Lucas knows how she schemes and he was quick to call her on it.

I completely agree with your comments about Lucas. I never liked the Lumi romance and thiink in a lot of ways it hurt both characters. I loved the chemistry they had together as friends and co-conspirators, and I enjoyed seeing that back again the last couple days. Loved it when Lucas called out Sami on her scheming, and she just gave him a "look". That conveyed so much history and so much of what made these characters work before they tried to make them into a modern supercouple. If they continue to write the Lucas/Sami relationship the way they have this week, I wouldn't mind Lucas sticking around. It's the screaming, arrogant, pompous Lucas who treated Sami like a doormat that I have a problem with. So, since I'm currently positive about Lucas, it probably is BD who is going to be fired, because that's usually the way it works with DAYS.

FOOL4DOOL

Kirk
Oct 3 2008, 02:02 AM
How great is it seeing Caroline be the center of the show this week, like others have said Peggy is delivering. She does have plenty of material for a supporting actress nom, although I would be absolutely shocked if she pulled a nom somehow. I enjoyed all the cop station scenes until the end when I found it contrived how a couple just happened to walk by at the exact time Caroline went after Trent with a knife.

Bryan Datillo is actually a good actor when he doesn't have to show rage or isn't yelling out his lines. The scenes the last 2 eppies is how and why I used to be a LUMI fan. Having said that I don't ever want them back together, they are best when they are bickering back and forth. These scenes were great, glad Lucas brought up the Will ordeal.

I wish someone would kill Dan just like they did Trent, I just can't take much more of him. How I would love to watch Victor strangle him to death.

Jawn/Nicole: Ari has become a top notch actress, she shines in every single scene. Her and Drake play off each other well.

I am looking forward to see how EJ eventually reacts to fathering 2 more children. Ever heard of a condom? :lol:

BD is a good mimic. In one scene with EJ this week, he actually did a little bit of English accent. I liked that, the writers lightening him up.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

OMG! Has hell frozen over? Lucas and Sami are being written the way they're supposed to be written!

I love both of them, as individuals and as a couple, although when I say couple, I don't meant romantic couple. I want the little scheme team to be back.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I'm liking the Jawn & Nicole chemistry....... :ninja:

Days4Life

DrewHamilton
Oct 3 2008, 02:49 PM
OMG! Has hell frozen over? Lucas and Sami are being written the way they're supposed to be written!

I love both of them, as individuals and as a couple, although when I say couple, I don't meant romantic couple. I want the little scheme team to be back.
I like that--the "scheme team". This is the version of Lumi I can get behind. IMO, they just don't work as a romantic couple; they have the wrong kind of chemistry for that.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Rhiannon
Oct 3 2008, 03:04 PM
Haha, I would never be able to take them seriously.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Oct 3 2008, 03:09 PM
I like that--the "scheme team". This is the version of Lumi I can get behind. IMO, they just don't work as a romantic couple; they have the wrong kind of chemistry for that.
Thank you! Completely agree. Lucas and Sami have the best friend chemistry. The frenimies chemistry. The chemistry that allows them to sleep together every now and then for comfort and familiarity, but never anything long term. That's all Lucas and Sami should ever be.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I ADORE John and Nicole. They have great friendship chemistry but I don't want no romance. I did like her concern for him and I do think he likes her. He seemed concerned for her and just wanted to give her a good time. I have to say though Ari was amazing today. That scene where she broke down to John about being confused about things and then promising she will raise this baby even on her own was good stuff. Ari didn't overdo it. She just became the character and it felt so real. She really has become one of the best actresses on this show. A decade ago, I could've never said this but now I feel she could be a lead actress. She really is that good IMO. Loved their scenes and I like their partnership to help each other.

Couldn't agree more about Lumi. This is them in a nutshell. Their edge is back and so is the snark. The only thing I had a problem with today was the editing. It was horrible. We had Sami at the hospital and then halfway through Sami at the Dimera mansion overhearing Stefano and EJ and then all of a sudden she is with Lucas, who just left Kate at the hospital, at the cabin. I feel like the show missed a scene where Sami left the mansion, found Lucas at the hospital or something, and then went to the cabin. They should've either had a scene or a line of dialogue alluding to that. I understand why Sami went with him since she was upset over Stefano and EJ but still. That was a misstep for me.

Not only that but so much was choppy today. That little 2 second scene of Chloe looking out the pub window for Lucas. Why bother with that? It serves no purpose. It just felt off to me. The show felt mangles. The first half was solidly organized and the second half felt rushed and pieced together, at least for me.

I did like Stefano advising EJ and I love that chilling theme in the background. Nice way to scare the hell out of Sami. I just love Joe and James together. Ali and James rocked in the hospital scenes. Good stuff. Fiery Sami is back.

I really enjoyed the Philip, Kate, Lucas scenes. I'm so pleased with this story. I like Philip being at odds with Daniel but giving in for his mother. Jay was very good today. I thought that last scene of a worried Kate taking Daniel's hand was a nice touch. I'm really buying them as a potential couple more and more.

Now, I did enjoy the Phloe scenes. Seems like Nadia will be off for a bit as Chloe will be in Kansas City and I thought Philip helping Chloe and the fact she was going for awhile was a nice way of facilitating the kiss and also opening the door for Lucas and Sami interaction. The kiss was nice it led to the worst part of the show for me and that was Morgan's exit.

I get that this probably ties in with the scandal. Renton said Scott played a role in her remaining with the show. I mean, she hasn't been seen or mentioned (other then in passing from Philip on Monday's episode) at all since Tomlin joined. Now she returns for three scenes and barely has any dialogue and just kind of sits there and accepts what she's seeing with Philip and Chloe. I hated that. I wanted to see Morgan get pissed and upset and let Philip have it. How do you tell someone he's a good guy when your dating him and just caught him kissing his ex? Stupid. Morgan came off like a fool just to benefit Philip. She looked coldly at them but that was it. I guess since she was already toying with going to Chicago for the internship I can see why she was so quick to dismiss Philip. It made it easy for her and she's moving on but her not having an angry reaction was just dumb. Not only that but her exit was so forced and treated as nothing. I'm used to rushed exits on this show but never has an exit been done this poorly IMO, at least not recently although Nicole's exit a few years ago sucked horribly too. Regardless of how long she's been with the show and whatever may have happened, she still had fans and they deserved to see her exit treated with some level of care and importance. Chucking her into 2-3 scenes at the end and just having her say a few lines and then having her written how she was...just a mess. It made me glad she was gone and I'm a fan of her. She had so much potential. Ugh. They could've at least had her say goodbye to her friends? They don't even mention her Monday. Philip simply is trying to call her to check on her and that's it.

Not bad today but it did lack of a Friday cliffhanger and I hope Tomlin has the show be a bit more consistent with that. I did not like the choppy feel today and, as I said, the Morgan stuff was just shit. Everything else I enjoyed pretty much.

The show had a good week. Look forward to next week.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Oct 3 2008, 03:40 PM.

jane1978

Rhiannon
Oct 3 2008, 03:04 PM
I liked their scenes together today. I know J/M fans want the old John back but both writers/Drake seems to have so much fun with this new character. You could see Drake really enjoyed himself today.

Ari is great and I really hope Nicol finds happiness one day. But Ali seems much more alive and involved too. And I love this return to frenemies chemistry between her and Lucas.

Morgan´s exit was so rushed, I´m still wondering what poor Kristen did/said she was fired so quickly. Morgan was part of the Corday´s preview which was already Higley, so she had to do something. Also it looks like the entire "happy, but catastrophic" story for her, Phil and Chloe was scrapped and that´s why they are writing Chloe out too. No story for her right now.

Btw. it´s interesting Nicjohn started to form this kind of weird friendship back in spring, but it went nowhere and we´ve got John/Ava instead. And now John/Nicol are back again. So I quess John/Nicol are Higley, while John/Ava was Scott.

jane1978

PhoenixRising05
Oct 3 2008, 03:38 PM
The only thing I had a problem with today was the editing. It was horrible. We had Sami at the hospital and then halfway through Sami at the Dimera mansion overhearing Stefano and EJ and then all of a sudden she is with Lucas, who just left Kate at the hospital, at the cabin. I feel like the show missed a scene where Sami left the mansion, found Lucas at the hospital or something, and then went to the cabin. They should've either had a scene or a line of dialogue alluding to that. I understand why Sami went with him since she was upset over Stefano and EJ but still. That was a misstep for me.

Not only that but so much was choppy today. That little 2 second scene of Chloe looking out the pub window for Lucas. Why bother with that? It serves no purpose. It just felt off to me. The show felt mangles. The first half was solidly organized and the second half felt rushed and pieced together, at least for me.
I agree. The clear direction and drive was missing today, almost like the show was heavily edited or atleast patched together from few different scripts. I think originally it was atleast two shows, but they decided to cut out most of the Phillip/Morgan/Chloe and EJ/Stefano conversation.

Shylock

The exit scenes for Morgan were so. fucking. cold.

It didn't just make HER look bad, it made the whole lot of them look bad.

Chloe looked like a bitch for doing that and being seemingly happy about it.

Philip looked like a sack of shit for kissing her so blatantly and being "Oh, oh well." about it afterwards and basically shrugging it off and not denying that he loved Chloe (What the FUCK?) when just a few weeks ago he was proclaiming his love for Morgan.

And Morgan stands there, takes it, accepts it and doesn't even slap the shit out of him.

Dena Higley is fucking horrible.

D-Light
Member Avatar

Shylock
Oct 3 2008, 05:00 PM
The exit scenes for Morgan were so. fucking. cold.

It didn't just make HER look bad, it made the whole lot of them look bad.

Chloe looked like a bitch for doing that and being seemingly happy about it.

Philip looked like a sack of shit for kissing her so blatantly and being "Oh, oh well." about it afterwards and basically shrugging it off and not denying that he loved Chloe (What the FUCK?) when just a few weeks ago he was proclaiming his love for Morgan.

And Morgan stands there, takes it, accepts it and doesn't even slap the shit out of him.

Dena Higley is fucking horrible.
I loved Morgan's exit! Its not the first time she's caught Philip & Chloe kissing. She knew it was something going on between them, but chose to persue Philip anyways. That's why she said Philip was still in love with Chloe. I liked how they kissed, seen Morgan, and continued with their heartfelt goodbye like she wasn't even there. Chloe doesn't have any reason to treat her any better. Philip, on the other hand was kind of cold, but I enjoyed it. You could tell Morgan wanted him to tell her to stay and not take the internship in Chicago. Philip was basically like its been nice knowing ya, and sent her off with a pat on the back.

Kristens exit was unusually rushed, not that I mind. She had to have pissed somebody off.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Quote:

Philip never said he loved Morgan. He never told her he was falling in love with her or that he loved her. He cares about her, but didn't love her. I did think both he and Chloe were pretty cold to Morgan today (although in Chloe's defense - Morgan definitely deserved it. She had no problem doing it to Chloe. What goes around comes around). And I liked that Philip couldn't deny it - it's my opinion he's been in love with Chloe since they started hooking up, and only now started to realize it.

I don't like Morgan at all, but I would definitely agree that KR must have done something to piss somebody off. She was shoved off screen for weeks and then brought back to be dismissed after a few short scenes. Philip didn't even seem guilty or upset that he did what he did. It totally negated any relationship they might have had. Which I didn't mind, but I do see how it could upset their fans. She really did get the shaft - but I think Days has done that to some other exiting actors in the past.

I loved the Philip and Chloe scenes today (of course). I think they're magical together. :D

I thought AZ tore up the screen today. I'm pregnant too, and when she was talking about it, I got so emotional and invested in what she was saying. I would have preferred her to be with someone who could exhibit some emotion and be more caring, but John was funny in his scenes. I love Nicole. I wish they'd send Sami away and let Nicole be the center of that age group.

I also thought Kate with her boys was extremely emotional, and had me tearing up. LK played that so well!

I also managed to watch the EJ/Sami scenes and Lucas/Sami scenes, which I can't typically do, but found both pairings entertaining today. I thought it was a good show!

Days4Life

Good show. I was glad to see Nicole crash and burn; she was just too euphoric the past few days. This seemed like a more appropriate reaction to her circumstance. Interesting contrast with EJ telling Sami that the date with Nicole meant nothing, while Nicole has been having happily ever after fantasies. I'm glad she had John to confide in; those were good scenes, and Ari did a wonderful job. Sami/EJ and Sami/Lucas were well done, and I loved how she told Lucas two versions of the same story and he called her on it.

I don't even know why they bothered having Morgan on today; they could have just had Philip casually mention that things didn't work out and she went to Chicago. Those were some cold scenes!

Good, emotional stuff with Kate and her sons. I still don't like Daniel, though.

Kyrai

I enjoyed today's episode immensely. John and Nicole were wonderfully funny and touching. Much as I wanted her to stay villainously snarky, I do like seeing her softer side, and for the first time, I felt for her. I can believe that this baby means alot to her, and that she cares about it enough to do what's right for it. I think the writers were sharp to have her bare her soul to John. When I saw that she tells John first in the spoilers, it made no sense to me, but now it does, and it was used beautifully to show how both are really feeling. He's viewed as emotionless, and she as a manipulater, but they both showed they were basically lonely hurting human beings in need, and they reached out to help each other. John in his quirky underplayed way. Nicole in her overactive hormones way. We get to see how they really feel without them talking to themselves. It worked for me. I love seeing heavy emotion balanced by humor like this. I like them as friends.

I could live without Sami and EJ raging at each other but I could understand it in these circumstances. I agreed with EJ that it was all her fault he was with Nicole, but given she's dealing with just finding out about the pregnancy and unsure of what she can do, I could see her hormones going into overdrive. I felt bad for her. I'm glad they are having Lucas as her friend right now. I've never cared for BD, but he is more tolerable when he and Sami aren't arguing. I hope it continues. I like them as friends. I hate children being in the middle of yelling parents.

I did love EJ ranting to Stefano about Sami, and Stefano's response. Awesome scene. I just love Joe as Stefano. He's just a joy to watch.

The Kate story is hitting on all cylinders with me. Kate trying to hold it together with all this is very moving. I loved her with her sons, particularly Phillip and am warming up to Dan. The hand holding was touching.

I liked the Phloe scenes. I like him helping her out. I still wish they could find a better match for Phillip than Chloe. Nadia seems happier with Phil, and I like her better than Morgan, but I don't see tremendous chemistry. Nadia always seems to come off one dimensional to me, like being beautiful is all that matters, no real emotion required. Phillip can pull off the spark feeling with her, but she just misses with me for some reason.

I admit I was just glad to see Morgan go. I'm glad it was a quick exit.

It was nice to end the week on a good note.

Edited by Kyrai, Oct 3 2008, 08:42 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I am so damn confused with the Sami vs. EJ vs. Nicole debacle.
Aside from their past history, on Thursday, we have Sami telling Lucas that EJ means nothing and that she doesn't want anything to do with him now or ever. On Friday, Sami blows a gasket ordering EJ to get out because he had dinner with Nicole, not to mention called him a bastard for going after all these women when she knows that he has been all over her for the past 2 years. Also, she said she didn't want things to be different because of the baby...like she wants EJ to want her for her.

On Thursday, EJ plans this date for Nicole, gets her gifts, has told her recently to have "faith in us" and showers her with compliments...but runs off to see Sami, his love. On Friday, EJ says that his date with Nicole meant nothing, says that he wants to have dinner with Sami, but then runs off and says he is not in love with her and she is an awful person.

I just can't tell you where EJ or Sami's mind is right now. WTF is going on?? Where are we going with this? Whenever I think I figure it out, EJ slams Sami or Sami starts treating EJ like shit.

And I feel for Nicole. Her scene with John was awesome, and Ari just sells anything her character does. I am pregnant too (congrats Sariah!!), and when Nicole talks about all the emotions that you feel when you find out, I totally agree. Surprisingly, Nicole is acting like the most mature of the 3.
I loved the banter between Nicole and John. I couldn't get enough of their scenes, and John just captivates me! I loved how he told her "you can't leave when you are this upset. You will drive into a tree." I love the way he delivers.
Ari and Drake just seem to be the most enthusiastic about their jobs out of everyone.

Kate/Phillip was intense, but I loved it.
Morgan exit was unnecessary and abrupt. I had high hopes for Phorgan, but ready to see what is next for my man, Philly K.

Lucas has been awesome as Sami's confidant. He is acting like Lucas, talking like Lucas, and Sami loosens up. He is at his best like this. Loved that he took up for EJ. Love Lumis new relationship!!! They are great as friends and sound boards.

This week was great. I loved the movement, how the show continues after the "like sands through the hourglass", loved some of the references to history.
Look forward to next week.

cassie1013

Kirk
Oct 3 2008, 02:02 AM

I am looking forward to see how EJ eventually reacts to fathering 2 more children. Ever heard of a condom? :lol:

My sentiments exactly! I know it's a longshot, but I hope they address this issue..ugh...and way to feed to his ego. He basically knocks up chicks on the first time!!!

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

The Kate stuff today was my favorite part. Loved the scenes with her and her sons, especially Philip. I can't remember ever seeing JKJ and LK be given such good stuff before and I'm really enjoying it. I also am enjoying the finger fucking that is going on between Date. It's the closest thing to grannysex I've had so I'm gonna enjoy it.

I'm really disappointed in the lame way they wrote off Morgan. Not surprised but even expecting it to be so lame makes me sad. I did like the couple and even before that I liked Morgan. I loved her father Paul and now I wish when they brought LA back, to let Morgan and Paul go into hiding or something. That could have left more open for the return of the character if they wanted. And though I have no idea what happened with KR backstage, I do feel a bit sorry for the actress to be given literally nothing for weeks to only be brought back for 2 scenes.

Shylock

And why is it Kristen Renton did something to piss someone off? What about "Dena Higley, letting her personal feelings get in the way of her professional career, got Renton canned, because she was an Ed Scott project"?

Which would go for Linden Ashby too.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply