Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Soaptown RUMOR; Grain of salt please....
Topic Started: Sep 30 2008, 01:09 PM (4,926 Views)
OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 30 2008, 04:44 PM
For Christ's sakes, y'all know what I mean, but let me rephrase....the mayor that we haven't seen until just recently.
:smooch:

He has been seen a lot recently (and pissing people off) which tells me he's probably going to meet his maker soon.

And if he does, the audience won't be wondering who the hell the guy was in the first place. :drunk:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

Mason
For Christ's sakes, y'all know what I mean, but let me rephrase....the mayor that we haven't seen until just recently.
Higley CARES. That's all that matters :drunk:

daisysmommy

darraholic
Sep 30 2008, 06:03 PM
Mason
For reals. She is doing this all FOR US.

Generous gal.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 30 2008, 04:37 PM
Does anyone actually care that the mayor (whom we've never seen before) is getting shot?
He could die in tomorrow's episode and I would not be be able to muster up more than indifference.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 30 2008, 04:37 PM
Does anyone actually care that the mayor (whom we've never seen before) is getting shot?
I actually like the actor and the character, so yes I care.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Same here.

This is sounding really good. Hopefully, they time this party with sweeps and do some big things with it. I love the idea of Abe running for mayor.

Keep the good scoop coming, OBK. :smile: .
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Sep 30 2008, 10:14 PM.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Just saw the new spoilers for the week of Oct 13 - the mayor gets shot on the 17th.

Looks like my source is a good one! :rockon:

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I did get one minor detail wrong: Abe's party is NOT outside as I originally posted. Sorry about that!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^No big deal, OBK.

You did a fine job! Your scoop was right and let's hope you get some more :smile: .

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Oct 1 2008, 05:48 PM
I did get one minor detail wrong: Abe's party is NOT outside as I originally posted. Sorry about that!
It's all good, OBK!!! Keep 'em coming!!!

jane1978

daisysmommy
Sep 30 2008, 06:13 PM
darraholic
Mason

Generous gal.
Ok, this "letīs hate Higley for anything" fest starts to be really old and tired. She is not even writing the show alone anymore. Nobody asks you to be sorry or care for the mayor. His dead is witnessed by Sami who is a major character and the murder is obviously part of a bigger story. Itīs not about him, itīs about the people around him, about his connection with Stefano, about people on his payroll at SPD, about Abeīs running for the new mayor. Thatīs what matters.

Ellie

jane1978
Oct 2 2008, 04:07 PM
Ok, this "letīs hate Higley for anything" fest starts to be really old and tired. She is not even writing the show alone anymore.
That may be true, but the new co-head writer has yet to be featured in the credits.

Quote:

Nobody asks you to be sorry or care for the mayor. His dead is witnessed by Sami who is a major character and the murder is obviously part of a bigger story. Itīs not about him, itīs about the people around him, about his connection with Stefano, about people on his payroll at SPD, about Abeīs running for the new mayor. Thatīs what matters.
So just a gratuitous killing, then, to move the plot along? Yep, that sounds like Higley too!

Alligato
Member Avatar

OBK, you rock! Great job on the scoop!
I am thinking that the happy catastophe is Sami is held up by the gunman, EJ comes to the rescue and they profess their love. THat would definitely affect all those involved.

However, I really don't see this as happening and I think the phrase "happy catastrophe" when revealed will be a major disappointment. Corday always does that shit!

Thanks again, OBK!!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Alligato
Oct 2 2008, 04:23 PM
I am thinking that the happy catastophe is Sami is held up by the gunman, EJ comes to the rescue and they profess their love. THat would definitely affect all those involved.

This is what SHOULD happen, but whether it will or not is anyone's guess!! :shrug:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
daisysmommy
darraholic
Mason

Generous gal.
Ok, this "letīs hate Higley for anything" fest starts to be really old and tired. She is not even writing the show alone anymore. Nobody asks you to be sorry or care for the mayor. His dead is witnessed by Sami who is a major character and the murder is obviously part of a bigger story. Itīs not about him, itīs about the people around him, about his connection with Stefano, about people on his payroll at SPD, about Abeīs running for the new mayor. Thatīs what matters.
Great post, Jane. I agree completely.

Just like with the Trent story, It's not so much about him and who murdered him but more about the effects on characters like Max, Melanie, Caroline, etc.

I think you and I are in the minority though, which is nothing new for me. More people do seem to be enjoying the show though on most says so that says something.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 2 2008, 04:31 PM
jane1978
daisysmommy
darraholic
Mason

Generous gal.

Just like with the Trent story, It's not so much about him and who murdered him but more about the effects on characters like Max, Melanie, Caroline, etc.

I think you and I are in the minority though, which is nothing new for me. More people do seem to be enjoying the show though on most says so that says something.
I feel the same way as you and Jane, Phoenix. It was the same with Theo having autism. People said they don't care about Theo, well the story is not just about Theo, it's more about Abe and Lexie.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sindacco
Oct 2 2008, 04:37 PM
PhoenixRising05
Oct 2 2008, 04:31 PM
jane1978
daisysmommy
darraholic
Mason

Generous gal.

I feel the same way as you and Jane, Phoenix. It was the same with Theo having autism. People said they don't care about Theo, well the story is not just about Theo, it's more about Abe and Lexie.
Right. It does seem like many people have come around though in the last month and that is because the story has gotten focus. It's clear the Scott/Higley upheaval hurt that story as well and the minute Higley gets back into the mix, the story really improved because there is no inference. Scott isn't forcing his vision onscreen at the same time Higley is trying to force her's. The best part is that they are tying in Lexie and Abe's careers into the story. It doesn't feel like a glorified PSA anymore. It feels like a real, complete story.

Mason
Member Avatar

And you know what I'm tired of? People acting like there's something wrong with criticizing the show. Gimme a break.

Is it not possible that some of us are just genuinely bored with the show without having an ulterior motive for it? :eyeroll:
Edited by Mason, Oct 2 2008, 04:44 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Oct 2 2008, 04:43 PM
And you know what I'm tired of? People acting like there's something wrong with criticizing the show. Gimme a break.

Is it not possible that some of us are just genuinely bored with the show without having an ulterior motive for it? :eyeroll:
No one said that.

A few of us simply were responding to the fact that some people do care about what is coming up. Just the same way it's ok for people to criticize, it's also ok for some to voice their praise or voice their positive feelings about the show. It's ok to criticize but I think the problem is when some act like no one about cares about a particular thing or no one likes what is going on. That is generalizing.

Just like I'm not liking OLTL right now but you don't see me saying "Oh who cares about this" or whatever. I know it's likely someone does so I just voice my displeasure about something and leave it at that, not assuming everyone in the world agrees with me on my assessment.

If there is anything I've learned, it's all in the wording. My problem in the past has been acting like Days can do know wrong and expecting everyone to see the other side of the coin. I don't expect that anymore. I debate and stand by my positions but I'm trying my best not to force the issue.

I understand your down on the show, Mason. That is fine. But, on the flip side, some people aren't and are enjoying the show and some stories, much like you are enjoying OLTL and some aren't.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Oct 2 2008, 04:50 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

Yeah, but you could say "I don't care" about stuff on OLTL, and I wouldn't feel the need to explain to you why you should care. I wouldn't care. I may not agree with you, but I've never once said you don't like stuff because you have something against Ron Carlivati. Almost anytime I say anything negative about DAYS, it's just chalked up to me not liking Higley, as if it's not possible that not everyone might be enjoying and interested in what's happening on the show.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply