Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Soaptown RUMOR; Grain of salt please....
Topic Started: Sep 30 2008, 01:09 PM (4,974 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Oct 2 2008, 04:54 PM
Yeah, but you could say "I don't care" about stuff on OLTL, and I wouldn't feel the need to explain to you why you should care. I wouldn't care. I may not agree with you, but I've never once said you don't like stuff because you have something against Ron Carlivati. Almost anytime I say anything negative about DAYS, it's just chalked up to me not liking Higley, as if it's not possible that not everyone might be enjoying and interested in what's happening on the show.
Mason, you do defend it at times. You just did it in the Micheal Malone thread. I made some points regarding my issues with OLTL and you defended it. I responded explaining points further and you responded in what I consider a rude manner. I wouldn't mind if you said I do have a problem with Ron. That's your opinion and it may be my opinion that some have an issue with Higley. If you do, that's fine. I could care less. I understand why some would given her past. I still have issues with her. That isn't something I take issue with.

When I explain my view, it's not to make anyone else care. It's to explain why I care and where I'm coming from. I'm just backing up my points.. You mentioned not caring about the mayor in this thread. My response was in keeping with why I care and how I feel about the situation. It had nothing to do with trying to convince people otherwise. I don't work for Days. I could care less. It was just me speaking about where I'm coming from on this position.

I'm not naive to think my words can make anyone care. Everyone is different. I only speak from my personal point of view and explain why I feel how I do. That's it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

I didn't say I don't defend it. But there's a difference between defending something and implying that you don't like something simply because of who's writing it.

LorrieOw
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 2 2008, 04:31 PM
jane1978
Oct 2 2008, 04:07 PM
daisysmommy
Sep 30 2008, 06:13 PM
darraholic
Sep 30 2008, 06:03 PM
Mason
Sep 30 2008, 04:44 PM
For Christ's sakes, y'all know what I mean, but let me rephrase....the mayor that we haven't seen until just recently.
Higley CARES. That's all that matters :drunk:
For reals. She is doing this all FOR US.

Generous gal.
Ok, this "letīs hate Higley for anything" fest starts to be really old and tired. She is not even writing the show alone anymore. Nobody asks you to be sorry or care for the mayor. His dead is witnessed by Sami who is a major character and the murder is obviously part of a bigger story. Itīs not about him, itīs about the people around him, about his connection with Stefano, about people on his payroll at SPD, about Abeīs running for the new mayor. Thatīs what matters.
Great post, Jane. I agree completely.

Just like with the Trent story, It's not so much about him and who murdered him but more about the effects on characters like Max, Melanie, Caroline, etc.

I think you and I are in the minority though, which is nothing new for me. More people do seem to be enjoying the show though on most says so that says something.
Phoenix, I lurk on this site, without posting much, but I have to say that i agree with you, Jane, and Sindacco 100%. I personally get the feeling that most people don't watch the show, just read the spoilers and automaticaaly complain, without really knowing what is exactly happening on the show. In my opinion the show has developed more direction, and become much tighter since ES has left, and there is no longer any bs calshing, and has become even better since Tomlin has come aboard. JMO.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

jane1978
Oct 2 2008, 04:07 PM
daisysmommy
Sep 30 2008, 06:13 PM
darraholic
Sep 30 2008, 06:03 PM
Mason
Sep 30 2008, 04:44 PM
For Christ's sakes, y'all know what I mean, but let me rephrase....the mayor that we haven't seen until just recently.
Higley CARES. That's all that matters :drunk:
For reals. She is doing this all FOR US.

Generous gal.
Ok, this "letīs hate Higley for anything" fest starts to be really old and tired. She is not even writing the show alone anymore. Nobody asks you to be sorry or care for the mayor. His dead is witnessed by Sami who is a major character and the murder is obviously part of a bigger story. Itīs not about him, itīs about the people around him, about his connection with Stefano, about people on his payroll at SPD, about Abeīs running for the new mayor. Thatīs what matters.
:hail: :hail: :hail:

Fuzzy

I have a problem with Higley. I admit it freely. She ruined OLTL for me, and, for the past six seven months, she's done a great job of ruining Days. There are quite a few things I can put directly at her door that I will never forgive her for. Starting with firing Martha Madison, and on through firing Hogan's excellent dialogue writers to hire her own abysmal ones. And that's not even considering how much I despise her as a human being for using the strike to steal the job in the first place.

As far as general writing goes--her stories were similar enough to what she wrote on OLTL that I find it hard to believe that Scott did much of anything until a few weeks before he was fired. And that period was an improvement.

I agree that the show is better now. But I doubt that it's because Higley's alone. My guess is that the improvements can be laid 100% at the feet of her co-headwriter. I think that it speaks volumes that the first thing Tomlin did was hire him.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Fuzzy
Oct 2 2008, 08:35 PM
I have a problem with Higley. I admit it freely. She ruined OLTL for me, and, for the past six seven months, she's done a great job of ruining Days. There are quite a few things I can put directly at her door that I will never forgive her for. Starting with firing Martha Madison, and on through firing Hogan's excellent dialogue writers to hire her own abysmal ones. And that's not even considering how much I despise her as a human being for using the strike to steal the job in the first place.

As far as general writing goes--her stories were similar enough to what she wrote on OLTL that I find it hard to believe that Scott did much of anything until a few weeks before he was fired. And that period was an improvement.

I agree that the show is better now. But I doubt that it's because Higley's alone. My guess is that the improvements can be laid 100% at the feet of her co-headwriter. I think that it speaks volumes that the first thing Tomlin did was hire him.
I think Jane already alluded to this. There is another writer involved, and for all we know, he's gradually "elbowing her out" like Higley was allowed to basically replace Sheffer after being the co-headwriter.

jane1978

ladyofthelake
Oct 2 2008, 08:45 PM
Fuzzy

I think Jane already alluded to this. There is another writer involved, and for all we know, he's gradually "elbowing her out" like Higley was allowed to basically replace Sheffer after being the co-headwriter.
I donīt have any inside info, but I do think itīs very clear Tomlin is the one calling the shots now. He is the one who hired a new CoHW he trusts, he is the one who fired one of Higleyīs friend from the writing team, he is the one who completely revamped the writing team, sort of reestablished the breakthrough writer position again, and is just now hiring writers familiar with DAYS again. (Just look over at SON writers/director threat)

I donīt know about Higley, itīs possible she clicks well with the new team and she is actually investing her time into writing instead of fights with the EP, but whatever happened it seems the situation behind the screen really improved and itīs visible on the show.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Oct 3 2008, 12:48 AM
ladyofthelake
Oct 2 2008, 08:45 PM
Fuzzy

I donīt have any inside info, but I do think itīs very clear Tomlin is the one calling the shots now. He is the one who hired a new CoHW he trusts, he is the one who fired one of Higleyīs friend from the writing team, he is the one who completely revamped the writing team, sort of reestablished the breakthrough writer position again, and is just now hiring writers familiar with DAYS again. (Just look over at SON writers/director threat)

I donīt know about Higley, itīs possible she clicks well with the new team and she is actually investing her time into writing instead of fights with the EP, but whatever happened it seems the situation behind the screen really improved and itīs visible on the show.
I agree.

It's also important to remember too that Whitesell is not even being credited yet. I do think he's in place but is just getting a handle on things. The big thing that I think makes a difference is Tomlin and Higley seem to on the same page and Tomlin organized the writing time back into multiple roles. I really do think the show suffered by the lack of defined roles. It also love what I'm hearing at SON about former Days writers returning. We already know Fran Myers is returning but Toups hinted at two other writers returning, one who has wrote for Days before and another with ties to Days in the past that would be a surprise. I liked Hogan's team but one thing I hated was the show letting go of people like SLG, Peter Brash, and others. If we can get any of those back, it can only mean good things for the show.

FOOL4DOOL

I am going to interject here that I like the level of maturity in your disagreements. I am finding this board very refreshing. I spent two years on the soapcentral board, and am now leaving it for good, because it nearly made me crazy! Talk about wars, there is WAR on that board. This board seems like a walk in the park in comparison.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply