Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers & Previews; week of 10/13 **UPDATED 10/7**
Topic Started: Sep 30 2008, 10:06 PM (10,707 Views)
Fuzzy

MericP
Oct 1 2008, 11:44 AM
I get that Sami is scared...and I understand that.

but no matter what EJ has done or not done, he deserves to know.

Sami has already kept another man's child from him, and this isn't fair to EJ. He cannot make an educated decision about what to do if he doesn't have all the facts.

Sami's only hurting herself with this. I DO think this is typical Sami...I've always thought she lacked brains.
Oh, I definately think she should tell him. It is the right thing to do. And, by keeping the secret, she's only making matters worse for herself.

But I can understand why she wouldn't. Especially not right away. She has to think things over first. Get used to it before having to deal with EJ's reaction.
Edited by Fuzzy, Oct 1 2008, 11:55 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Fuzzy
Oct 1 2008, 11:54 AM
MericP
Oct 1 2008, 11:44 AM
I get that Sami is scared...and I understand that.

but no matter what EJ has done or not done, he deserves to know.

Sami has already kept another man's child from him, and this isn't fair to EJ. He cannot make an educated decision about what to do if he doesn't have all the facts.

Sami's only hurting herself with this. I DO think this is typical Sami...I've always thought she lacked brains.
Oh, I definately think she should tell him. It is the right thing to do. And, by keeping the secret, she's only making matters worse for herself.

But I can understand why she wouldn't. Especially not right away. She has to think things over first. Get used to it before having to deal with EJ's reaction.
ITA. Even if she were soap-level rational, she has three children, and doesn't have full custody of any of them. Her life is completely unstable, and now she's having a baby with EJ who (while angry) hinted at leaving the country with Johnny. No wonder she wants some time.

ilovemydays

Kyrai
Oct 1 2008, 11:17 AM

I'm sorry if I worded it badly. Perhaps I should have said:
Imo, if you've seen Nicole as she was portrayed historically, it makes perfect sense that EJ would want a paternity test. I think it was well established that she would go trolling for guys. If you think she's not promiscuous, it doesn't. Does that read better?

Ok where does it say EJ asked Nicole for a paternity test?
the last time Sami was pregnant Stefano ran one and didn't tell anyone.

ilovemydays

six
Oct 1 2008, 11:47 AM

Victor's not known for his far reaching connections and power? I guess that's another thing we'll agree to disagree on. I don't recall him sexually abusing her, but if he did, she got sick of it and tried to kill him. Then she came back to Salem and moved right into his house, paying no attention to his threats. She also tried to kill Colin when he blackmailed her. I still don't think someone who took on Victor would be pushed around by Trent.
Trent is dead. Who is to say that Nicole didn't kill him or contact someone else that she knew wanted to kill him.

I do think it was a bit of a character driven story at first but having Nicole's fear of Trent was the primary reason most of us identified Trent as a "monster" and his pimping out Melanie would have been completely out of character.

Kyrai

daisysmommy
Oct 1 2008, 11:51 AM
OK to all of you. But where are J&M?
LOL! That's what I'd really like to know too.

hajones1

where are the daily spoiler long verse 13 and 17 thank you in advance

hops
Member Avatar

daisysmommy
Oct 1 2008, 11:51 AM
OK to all of you. But where are J&M?
LOL! I want to know the answer to that too. Also, the last time we saw Marlena she vowed to not let John die. Where is the follow up. The only spoiler I read was EJ urging John to get more tests...... where is Marlena, she was pretty worried about him. Where is all the follow up and continuity to stories.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Oct 1 2008, 08:37 AM
Kyrai
Oct 1 2008, 08:10 AM
PhoenixRising05
Sep 30 2008, 10:19 PM
^I never bought the Nicole/Daniel thing anyway.

I am wondering why they even did a paternity test. We never saw Nicole get it on with anyone else unless maybe Sami put the idea in EJ's head that he should have it done just in case given how Nicole drinks and could've slept with anyone. That probably explains it.

The CDN spoilers make this week sound boring so far. I'll wait until we get the detailed ones or find out more before I decide since these are vague but so far not much going on in these spoilers.
I think you've forgotten how much Nicole slept around before. She went prowling with Ava, and while the scene with Ava showed them not liking those particularly guys, it was very apparent that Nicole wasn't averse to sleeping around. She just wasn't into either of those guys. It does not mean she didn't sleep with other guys, and I felt it was likely she did.

I thinks it makes perfect sense that she would take a paternity test. I know you buy into her 'poor little me, I hate men because I was abused theory', but until recently that was NOT how she was portrayed. She used to be shown to like men. Nothing wrong with that btw, I liked that she liked men. I liked alot about her before. It just means this insta-pathetic Nicole who doesn't like men because she's always been a victim portrayal makes no sense, which has been my problem with this story. That and the fact that she still doesn't regret anything she's done. People just want her redeemed based on her having a horrible past vs her regretting what she did and understanding it because she had a horrible past...

If you're gonna ignore history, then I could see how this might confuse you though.
That last comment came off more than a bit condescending and rude and IMO it is also incorrect.

If by “they”, you are referring to TPTB I would say that “they” are not the ones that are ignoring history. They are merely expounding upon it.

It appears that TPTB recognize, as do I, that Nicole’s behavior is typical of someone that has been sexually abused as a child (young adult). Promiscuity, drug and alcohol abuse, low self esteem are all indicative symptoms of victims of incest and sexual abuse. The changes in Nicole represent her transition from victim to survivor. I don’t see her being a saint I just see her as a woman that realizes that she can get past what happened to her and stop victimizing herself.

After Nicole shot down that guy she flashbacked to her kiss with EJ and on more than one occasion she has expressed that she wanted more for herself than just sex.

EJ and Nicole are both making attempts to change their lives (not their personalities) but judging by the spoilers Sami is about to do something typically Sami.

You don’t have to repeat history to honor it.
:hail: Fantastic post.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Paxton
Oct 1 2008, 09:12 AM
I don't see how Sami concerning herself with Nicole's pregnancy is proof that she "truly loves" EJ. I still feel about Sami the way I felt about Belle: she doesn't want someone else playing with one of her toys. EJ spent ages allegedly being obsessively in love with her and I think she enjoyed kicking him around because for once she held the power. Now she doesn't, and she doesn't like it. IMO, Sami doesn't love EJ at all.
I am of that opinion as well.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Daily spoilers

Monday, October 13th
EJ. tells Nicole that he wants proof of paternity; Stephanie thinks Melanie planted the wallet on her; Philip asks Melanie if she killed Trent; John visits Marlena; Chelsea finds Kate at Barron's and accuses her and Daniel of scheming.

Tuesday, October 14th
Lexie and Abe fire the sitter for allowing Theo to run off; Sami thinks E.J. won't be aware of her pregnancy; Nick disagrees with Melanie's statement that she was the cause of his drinking; prints on Trent's wallet.

Wednesday, October 15th
E.J. believes the pregnancy is a ploy for money; Chloe arrives at the cabin and finds Sami; Sami thinks it's a good time to end it with E.J.; Daniel and Kate become intimate; Abe determines to run a clean campaign; Stefano supports the mayor grudgingly.

Thursday,October 16th
Lucas misreads Sami's trip to the clinic, then hugs her; E.J. convinces Nicole to move into the mansion after she is about to be evicted; John says he is forfeiting his rights to the DiMera empire and signs divorce papers for Marlena.

Friday, October 17th
Misinterpreting Lucas and Sami's hug, Chloe learns the baby is E.J.'s; Sami gathers courage to tell E.J. the truth; when the mayor goes to confront Stefano, a killer shoots him; Melanie admits she may have killed Trent.

Mason
Member Avatar

This all sounds so dumb.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

OBK, your source is spot on!!!! We need some scoop on what happens after Sami is held hostage!!!

Alligato
Member Avatar

Wow! All of these spoilers? Thanks so much!!!

You mean we have to go two damn weeks while everyone and their mother knows that Sami is preggers with EJ's kid, except EJ?? Sami will probably get held up by the gunman, and Ej will choose to stay with Nicole to protect her and leave Sami because he doesn't know she is preggers too.

I wonder why Steffie promotes the mayor begrudgingly? I thought he was tight with the mayor.
Look forward to John and Marlena.
Look forward to Kate and Dan.
Not so much Trent stuff....can we just solve that and move on??

Thanks so much for the spoils!!!

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Thanks Angie!

LOLOL I love these.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Here we go again,EERRRRR!What did I ever do to you Higley?So JM fans are told this JM SL will be a ''love story'' for them and we get John pushing Marlena's head against the door,cheating with Ava and him signing divorce papers which for some reason I never believed he would,YEAH that has ''LOVE STORY'' written all over it.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Um, maybe I'm missing something but that Lumi hug makes no sense to me. And wouldn't it hurt Nicole if one second Ej's claiming she only wants his money and then after he finds out the baby is his, he asks her to move in? I don't like that, I don't like that at all.

Ugh. So, Melanie killed Trent and blacked it all out. Whatever. I can't believe Nick gets a DUI on his own either, but looks like he does...I still think that Melanie has something to do with it, and Nick just doesn't want to upset her.

Fuck yes, Kate and Daniel finally go at it. Hee! And what the hell could Chelsea possibly accuse them of scheming about? Just leave them alone already.

daysfan
Member Avatar

Spoilers sound okay/good, but, there's one that really stands out to me...

How and why did Theo, an autistic child, run off?! That is one of the farthest things from an autistic trait!

Fuzzy

Sounds like EJ's just thrilled about Nicole's pregnancy. And I was actually worried about Ejole.

Why does Philip care who killed Trent? And am I the only one who wants Dan away from both Kate and Chelsea?

Thanks for the spoilers.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

So I presume Lucas thinks Sami is getting an abortion, or has already had one?
Nicole! Don't move into the mansion, don't do it! Honestly, I'm surprised that tptb didn't concoct a plot for her to move in there earlier, given the limited sets with which they are working.
It seems they are setting up Nicole to be devastated by EJ right in time for the new FBI agent to mend her broken heart.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

daysfan
Oct 1 2008, 03:47 PM
Spoilers sound okay/good, but, there's one that really stands out to me...

How and why did Theo, an autistic child, run off?! That is one of the farthest things from an autistic trait!
Well according to the spoilers, he runs to Chelsea who apparently is so. good. with. kids. with. special. needs. that he prefers her to his parents.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply