Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Deidre blog on NBC site
Topic Started: Oct 2 2008, 12:23 AM (1,633 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

The Doctor Is In
October 01, 04:33 PM

Posted Image

Hi Everybody,

This is like calling down a long, dark hallway. You're never quite sure what you're going to say or if anybody is there to hear you, but you call anyway.
I've only heard the word blog, so when NBC approached me to do one, I made up what it was.

What I imagined was a page in which I can share all kinds of photos, update the readers on my life and career, read your thoughts about the show, answer Marlena questions , share information that comes to me that is begging to be shared, i.e. how to cut your roses, trim your bangs, or how to make sure you are registered to vote!!!

I'm hoping it turns out to be all those things, but for now it is to say 'Hello'.

You'll find me here because, the doctor is IN!!

Deidre

http://blog.nbc.com/days_production/2008/10/the_doctor_is_in.php
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Dee is so cute, LoL.

jcar03
Member Avatar

Are they contractually obligated to do a blog on this show now?

Mason
Member Avatar

jcar03
Oct 2 2008, 12:26 AM
Pretty soon, craft services will have their own DAYS blog.

squee
Member Avatar

jcar03
Oct 2 2008, 12:26 AM
LOL! You can almost smell the desperation

Quote:

Pretty soon, craft services will have their own DAYS blog.

Be more interesting than Dena's :tounge:

Ellie

Thanks Angie!

(lol in my mind those 'desperation' and 'Dena' comments in the above post go together perfectly.)
Edited by Ellie, Oct 2 2008, 12:59 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I like it. I hope more do it. It allows for more interaction. The only issue is that it's going to be bombarded with RABID fanbase propaganda and it seems like so many actors and actresses start these but don't post for months on end. Look at James Scott. He started his in I think May or something and he didn't post again until September. MBE just started one a few weeks ago and nothing since then. I understand they are busy but if you can't post regularly, why do it? Alison Sweeney and Rachel Melvin have posted frequently in theirs alot (of course theirs were on their own site). I just hope they actively participate and not just post here and there.

I do think this is cute though. I love the "doctor is in" line and it seems like she is going to actively use her blog. I look forward to it. She looks great in that picture too.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Oct 2 2008, 12:55 AM.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Oct 2 2008, 12:55 AM
I like it. I hope more do it. It allows for more interaction. The only issue is that it's going to be bombarded with RABID fanbase propaganda and it seems like so many actors and actresses start these but don't post for months on end. Look at James Scott. He started his in I think May or something and he didn't post again until September. MBE just started one a few weeks ago and nothing since then. I understand they are busy but if you can't post regularly, why do it? Alison Sweeney and Rachel Melvin have posted frequently in theirs alot (of course theirs were on their own site). I just hope they actively participate and not just post here and there.

I do think this is cute though. I love the "doctor is in" line and it seems like she is going to actively use her blog. I look forward to it. She looks great in that picture too.
I don't know who introduced the term "RABID", but I hate it. Deidre has so many fans - should her fans not comment on her blog? And "propaganda"? That's a little heavy. I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make.

(And on the topic of other blogs, James Scott just posted a puppy name update, lol.)
Edited by Ellie, Oct 2 2008, 01:03 AM.

jcar03
Member Avatar

There is probably someone that is in charge of contacting the actor to update their blog like on tvguide.com where they have four soap stars on their celebrity blog list but the last post was by Stephen Nichols in August.....of 2007. They added three stars to the list in the Spring of 2007 and they each put one blog up then the soap writer left and they never bothered to replace him and the blogs were never added to again.

jcar03
Member Avatar

Ellie
Oct 2 2008, 01:03 AM
PhoenixRising05

I don't know who introduced the term "RABID", but I hate it. Deidre has so many fans - should her fans not comment on her blog? And "propaganda"? That's a little heavy. I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make.

(And on the topic of other blogs, James Scott just posted a puppy name update, lol.)
There are rapid fanbases in the world of daytime and unfortuntely many of them belong to DAYS.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
PhoenixRising05

Of course her fans should post. As jcar said, there are some nutjobs out there that are what we call "rabid fanbases." These are people like Terry who are obsessed with characters/actors/etc. These are also people who get way too involved in the show, almost as if the show is real life to them and they are living in that reality. They want the show to be about the people they like and no one else. Things like that. Basically, fans that have no life and pick things apart to death classify too. It's not really anyone on the DR. There is a difference between a fanbase and a rabid one and the rabid ones are the ones that tend to ruin things for everybody by asking the same things over and over and by also acting like they are entitled to things and by acting like what they want should be the end all to be all and screw all the other fans.

So the point I was making had to do with people filling her blog with things Terry would post or with the same questions over and over like "When will Marlena get with John?" and so on. I don't mind the question being asked but you don't want to see 500+ people ask it. That is what I mean.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jcar03
There is probably someone that is in charge of contacting the actor to update their blog like on tvguide.com where they have four soap stars on their celebrity blog list but the last post was by Stephen Nichols in August.....of 2007. They added three stars to the list in the Spring of 2007 and they each put one blog up then the soap writer left and they never bothered to replace him and the blogs were never added to again.
Your probably right.

I wonder what did happen to SN's blog. I liked his blog. He seemed to have a nix mix of show info and his own personal info. I just hope the blogs are somewhat active. They should be updated at least once every few weeks. It's not that hard. Otherwise, why bother?

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Oct 2 2008, 01:17 AM
Of course her fans should post. As jcar said, there are some nutjobs out there that are what we call "rabid fanbases." These are people like Terry who are obsessed with characters/actors/etc. These are also people who get way too involved in the show, almost as if the show is real life to them and they are living in that reality. They want the show to be about the people they like and no one else. Things like that. Basically, fans that have no life and pick things apart to death classify too. It's not really anyone on the DR. There is a difference between a fanbase and a rabid one and the rabid ones are the ones that tend to ruin things for everybody by asking the same things over and over and by also acting like they are entitled to things and by acting like what they want should be the end all to be all and screw all the other fans.

So the point I was making had to do with people filling her blog with things Terry would post or with the same questions over and over like "When will Marlena get with John?" and so on. I don't mind the question being asked but you don't want to see 500+ people ask it. That is what I mean.
Got it. Thanks for clarifying!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^No problem. :smile: .
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Oct 2 2008, 01:36 AM.

cassie1013

LOL that is so funny. Only because she's def. not a youngin' blogging !

Pearly
Member Avatar

Yay!!! :cheer: I'm so happy NBC approached her to do one. Can't wait to read more of what she has to say.

Thanks for posting this Angie.

Quote:

I guess this last line means she's NOT the vet on the bubble! :laugh:

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Angie79
Oct 2 2008, 12:23 AM
The Doctor Is In
October 01, 04:33 PM

Posted Image

Hi Everybody,

This is like calling down a long, dark hallway. You're never quite sure what you're going to say or if anybody is there to hear you, but you call anyway.
I've only heard the word blog, so when NBC approached me to do one, I made up what it was.

What I imagined was a page in which I can share all kinds of photos, update the readers on my life and career, read your thoughts about the show, answer Marlena questions , share information that comes to me that is begging to be shared, i.e. how to cut your roses, trim your bangs, or how to make sure you are registered to vote!!!

I'm hoping it turns out to be all those things, but for now it is to say 'Hello'.

Deidre

http://blog.nbc.com/days_production/2008/10/the_doctor_is_in.php
Thanks Angie!

Dee is LOVE. :)

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Pearly
Oct 2 2008, 06:54 AM

I guess this last line means she's NOT the vet on the bubble! :laugh:
Why would she be? LOL

Alligato
Member Avatar

Great job, Dee!
Dee gets it! I can't wait to see what else she has to say...hopefully soon!

Good way of putting it, Pheonix! Nothing bothers me more, and I am sure the actor, when fans comment and rip them a new one for their character not doing what they want. It isn't like the actor has any say so...unless they are a diva.
That must be so frustrating/scary for them. Especially faced with a Terry.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

And Terry has already found the blog. Ugh.

I love that she has a blog. But it's shocking since she's not known for being internet savvy or close to it (by her own admission). She's so funny too, so I hope she gets to post quite a bit.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply