Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Deidre blog on NBC site
Topic Started: Oct 2 2008, 12:23 AM (1,674 Views)
doolcrazy
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 2 2008, 12:55 AM
" it seems like so many actors and actresses start these but don't post for months on end. Look at James Scott. He started his in I think May or something and he didn't post again until September. MBE just started one a few weeks ago and nothing since then. I understand they are busy but if you can't post regularly, why do it? Alison Sweeney and Rachel Melvin have posted frequently in theirs alot (of course theirs were on their own site). I just hope they actively participate and not just post here and there.

I do think this is cute though. I love the "doctor is in" line and it seems like she is going to actively use her blog. I look forward to it. She looks great in that picture too."
Personally I like reading these blogs but as you stated the biggest drawback is the inconsistency of them. Patch was doing blogs for TV Guide and I loved reading them but it has been well over a year now since he has updated it. I keep hoping but hopes are waning. Same with the others. We had JKJ, Daren, James, Dena and I can't remember doing blogs but where are they now. They start this great interaction between the fans and then PFFFT all the air seems to go out. My hats off to Rachel and Alison for the great job they do up keeping their blogs. I can only hope Deidre does the same. My fingers are crossed.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

deefanUBS

squee
Oct 2 2008, 12:34 AM
Be more interesting than Dena's :tounge:
So true. When Deidre talks about her personal life, people will actually be interested. lol

Nicole Walker

LMAO. I can't help but laugh at this whole Terry thing. I swear this is the third board that has talked about him. He must be something else. LOL.

I'm glad Dee is doing a blog she seems really nice.

bellcurve
Member Avatar

Mason
Oct 2 2008, 12:27 AM
jcar03
Oct 2 2008, 12:26 AM
Are they contractually obligated to do a blog on this show now?
Pretty soon, craft services will have their own DAYS blog.
Can DAYS even afford craft services?

jmluv

Angie79
Oct 2 2008, 12:23 AM
The Doctor Is In
October 01, 04:33 PM

Posted Image

Hi Everybody,

This is like calling down a long, dark hallway. You're never quite sure what you're going to say or if anybody is there to hear you, but you call anyway.
I've only heard the word blog, so when NBC approached me to do one, I made up what it was.

What I imagined was a page in which I can share all kinds of photos, update the readers on my life and career, read your thoughts about the show, answer Marlena questions , share information that comes to me that is begging to be shared, i.e. how to cut your roses, trim your bangs, or how to make sure you are registered to vote!!!

I'm hoping it turns out to be all those things, but for now it is to say 'Hello'.

You'll find me here because, the doctor is IN!!

Deidre

http://blog.nbc.com/days_production/2008/10/the_doctor_is_in.php
awww, she's so cute!!! Thanks B-)

cassie1013

IHeartDRRick
Oct 2 2008, 05:10 PM
Mason
Oct 2 2008, 12:27 AM
jcar03
Oct 2 2008, 12:26 AM
Are they contractually obligated to do a blog on this show now?
Pretty soon, craft services will have their own DAYS blog.
Can DAYS even afford craft services?
Given my experience in production (via family members and going to work with them), no. It would be really limited, like those dried race cakes, granola bars etc. Bigger productions - like the Chris Issak Show had AMAZING craft services. <3 So did Men In Trees..it was like the lap of luxury. Krispy Kreme, endless candy, pop, gourmet lunch from the best restaurants in the city, it made me WANT to go to work with family LOL.

Nicole Walker

I just checked out her blog. Everything was going fine until I got to Terry's post. I can't express how hard I was crying from laughing so hard. He is begging Deidre to help him hook up with Molly then I realized he was serious.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply