Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A closer look, Marlena
Topic Started: Oct 2 2008, 08:31 AM (1,219 Views)
Jonatha

Please link to DR:

Marlena uses reverse psychology on John this week, presenting him with divorce papers since he won't seek treatment for his seizures. Deidre Hall explains Marlena's motives and her reaction to the hot kiss John plants on her.

SOW: Kayla is the one who urges Marlena to keep John instead of simply divorcing him. What does Kayla say to her?

DH: Kayla talks about the fact that John's not in a place to be given up on. She notes that she and Steve went through a lot of trials when he wasn't quite himself, and he came out okay.

SOW: Does Marlena listen to what Kayla says?

DH: In her heart Marlena wants John back. Anybody that makes sense on that level and gives Marlena some hope, she will follow. Marlena would like nothing more than to help John, but he has refused her help.

SOW: Kayla ultimately persuades Marlena to use reverse psychology on John. What, exactly?

DH: Marlena is talking about (presenting John with) divorce papers, and Kayla says that might be the tool to make John get help. If he loves Marlena so much that he doesn't want to lose her, maybe the carrot will be, "Well, then you need to take care of yourself."

SOW: Marlena decides to give it a go and heads to the mansion to see John with divorce papers in hand. What happens?

DH: Marlena is a bit abrupt and a little tough with John. She says, "I buried you once. I won't bury you again. If you won't get help, I'm done with you."

SOW: Still, John refuses to get any medical help. Why?

DH: His fear of being in the hospital is bigger than his fear of what might be wrong with him.

SOW: What's John's reaction to Marlena's divorce threat?

DH: There's nothing like seeing divorce papers to get your attention. John doesn't fight so much as he flings the divorce papers in a non-violent way. Then gives Marlena a serious kiss.

SOW: Does it affect her?

DH: She's rocked back on her heels, because it's that speed change; that sharp turn in the road. She's pulled back into the physical attraction to him. Marlena is not angry. She tells John she's serious; (the words he needs) to sign the papers and give them back to her.

SOW: But John refuses and Marlena leaves the mansion. What is she feeling?

DH: It is her third strike, as Drake (Hogestyn, John) would tell you. Marlena needs John to be alive. She needs to have him care as much about himself as she does, and when he doesn't, she's overwhelmed with frustration. Marlena is in limbo.

SOW: Does Marlena have any hope that she may have gotten through to John?

DH: She doesn't know. But if John doesn't make some changes pretty soon, he'll lose Marlena for good.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

WOW,but doesn't he sign them a week later?She is right though,we all watched him die before,I for one refuse to go through that again and in the same month as last year no less.

deefanUBS

Thanks Jonatha

pspcindy
Member Avatar

thanks Jonny!

Higley needs to get this Jarlena story going. She has drug her heels on it long enough.

jules

Thanks for the write up. Seems like Dena has this story going around in circles :shrug: She doesn't seem to get Marlena at all, which is so frustrating. I wish she would just let someone else write the story and have John let Marlena help him.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jonatha

jules
Oct 2 2008, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the write up. Seems like Dena has this story going around in circles :shrug: She doesn't seem to get Marlena at all, which is so frustrating. I wish she would just let someone else write the story and have John let Marlena help him.
My daughter and I are both soap/Days junkies. When we get our magazines we have a standing chuckle about it. Headlines: "John Says I Want a Divorce." -- next week: "Marlena: We Can Work It Out!" next week -- "John to Marlena: "I Want You Back!" next week: "Marlena: I Want a Divorce!" next week: John/Marlena: Hot Sex!" and so on. :biggrin:

jules

LOL! That is exactly what has happened since last spring. I guess I would be OK with it if I actually got to see the hot sex! And at this point, I don't want to see J&M get a divorce because I don't trust that Higley would ever reunite them. Bottom line is that I want them together if Days goes off the air in March.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Jonatha
Oct 2 2008, 02:56 PM
jules
Oct 2 2008, 02:42 PM
My daughter and I are both soap/Days junkies. When we get our magazines we have a standing chuckle about it. Headlines: "John Says I Want a Divorce." -- next week: "Marlena: We Can Work It Out!" next week -- "John to Marlena: "I Want You Back!" next week: "Marlena: I Want a Divorce!" next week: John/Marlena: Hot Sex!" and so on. :biggrin:
Which is what happens when you have no idea what to do with them after you end the story. I actually think they are having a hard time deciding what to do. Do they keep this John? Where do they go with this John and Marlena? What happens after they get together? How do they put them together? How do they write the dynamic? What happens if we just have John go back to himself? This is such a unique story and many fans are divided. They want J&M together but some want old John and some what new John. Some want both characters to go on individual paths for awhile. I can see the writer's dilemma here.

This is the problem Days is having with it's big three couples. It doesn't know where to go without making it about something the couple has already been through. It also doesn't help that the Higley/Scott upheaval screwed with all the stories the past few months and just now is the show coming together. I know some will argue there is plenty that can still be done. I agree that there is plenty of story that can be done but there is so much that a large percentage of fans claim to not want to see so that limits the show greatly on what they can do with these characters from the perspective of what will be acceptable with a large percentage of the audience.

If the J&M story is still going the way it is after another month or so, then that would be inexcusable. Right now I think it's ok. I actually think (and I know I'm in the minority on this) that the show actually maintained a consistent throughline with J&M this year, which is surprising considering all the upheaval.

I do think this sounds like some good stuff. I like that Marlena is doing what she is doing to force John to get help. Sounds like good scenes coming up.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply