Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW tidbits (Oct 14)
Topic Started: Oct 2 2008, 08:53 AM (2,776 Views)
Jonatha

Revolving door:

Erin Chambers: (Lacey): Theo's babysitter makes an appearance on Oct 9th.

Galen Gering: (Character name TBA) Former Passions star has been cast as an FBI detective who will cross paths with Sami (Alison Sweeney).

Eric Martsolf: (Brady Black) Has been tapped to play John's (Drake Hogestyn) son and Chloe's (Nadia Bjorlin) ex.

Martsolf says, "Interestingly enough, I screen-tested for a completely different role. I suppose the producers saw attributes of Brady Black in my test and the next thing I knew, I was offered that part. It was completely unexpected."

Gering says he is looking forward to working with Alison Sweeney (Sami). "I was laughing because I've known Ali for a long time. I always liked her personality and her spunky fire, so I'm really excited to be working with her and seeing what they're going to throw at us. I'm sure it's going to be fun."

Blurb with Ali Sweeney:
Why does Sami let Lucas (Bryan R Dattilo) hear her 'diagnosis'?

"She blithely tells the doctor to tell her what's 'wrong with her' in front of Lucas, never dreaming it would be something like that. She completely dismisses the need for privacy. Then she is hit by this news and totally freaks out - obviously, Lucas isn't exactly thrilled by the info, either."

Sneak peeks:

Roman and Bo find Max's bloody shirt
Nick gets a DUI
Melanie remembers details about Trent's murder
Kate leaves the hospital against Daniel's wishes
Theo goes missing
Chelsea tells Daniel to move on

Can't miss: Oct 6th:
Sami wakes up in Lucas' bed

Next week:

John tries to convince Marlena he's changed
Stephanie fears that Melanie killed Trent
Lexie urges Chelsea to forgive Kate and Daniel
Nicole forces EJ to choose between her and Sami
Marlena brings John divorce papers

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Well, this still isn't giving much info about Galen's storyline. Thanks Jonny!

Jonatha

Angie79
Oct 2 2008, 09:13 AM
Well, this still isn't giving much info about Galen's storyline. Thanks Jonny!
I agree, not much there. Galen just goes on a bit about teliling his wife the news and also saying he and Kyle Lowder have some things in common; both are lousy poker players and both have been caught in public singing Bon Jovi songs. :shrug:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Oct 2 2008, 08:53 AM
Martsolf says, "Interestingly enough, I screen-tested for a completely different role. I suppose the producers saw attributes of Brady Black in my test and the next thing I knew, I was offered that part. It was completely unexpected."
Oh, Martsolf, the only attribute they saw in you while you were screen-testing for the other role was your phyiscal similarities in apparence to Drake Hogestyn. It surely wasn't your acting.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

So I presume Eric tried out for the FBI agent?

Weird GG talks of AS when they said he was gonna flirt with Nicole. I think he might be replacing BD in the quad/pentagon and Chloe will move to a triangle with Brady and Philip.

zyona

Tripp
Oct 2 2008, 09:31 AM

Weird GG talks of AS when they said he was gonna flirt with Nicole. I think he might be replacing BD in the quad/pentagon and Chloe will move to a triangle with Brady and Philip.
I guess BD may be leaving the show, wow. For some reason the spoilers i saw yesterday and this one don't match. The other spoilers said that Melanie is the killer. is there a chance that the other one could be a false one?

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

zyona
Oct 2 2008, 09:42 AM
Tripp

I guess BD may be leaving the show, wow. For some reason the spoilers i saw yesterday and this one don't match. The other spoilers said that Melanie is the killer. is there a chance that the other one could be a false one?
Its gonna depend on what Melanie "remembers" on "killing" Trent. It's pretty irritating because Melanie has not been presented like she has any memory lapse for that night.

I think Melanie "killing" Trent is still another red herring. They set one up with Max first. Now to draw this out for sweeps they have Melanie appear to have killed him which creates tension with her newfound family and Nick. Then in the end she is vindicated somehow and it was Claude's men all along.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Jonatha ....

I am certain now that the writer's have no clue what in the hell they are doing ... I'll be pissed if they let BD go just to have another actor replace him in a quad or a triangle and we get the same tired story ... Stupid Stupid Stupid. BD does have a big fan base and that is worth something....

Personally I think BD got screwed they told him when he came back they would be changing up the character of Lucas and that he would be getting meater material that his character would be empowered - well they lied to him and it would be a big kick in the pants to bring him back briefly just to let him go within months.. I'm not a big Lucas fan as he was written before but I had high hopes that Dena would write him better and she just didn't.
Edited by cjknick, Oct 2 2008, 09:53 AM.

zyona

Tripp
Oct 2 2008, 09:45 AM
zyona
Oct 2 2008, 09:42 AM
Tripp

Its gonna depend on what Melanie "remembers" on "killing" Trent. It's pretty irritating because Melanie has not been presented like she has any memory lapse for that night.

I think Melanie "killing" Trent is still another red herring. They set one up with Max first. Now to draw this out for sweeps they have Melanie appear to have killed him which creates tension with her newfound family and Nick. Then in the end she is vindicated somehow and it was Claude's men all along.
That makes sense, but i hope it is not Terry's spoiler, because it is too quick and it doesn't make sense of Mel killing her dad. Unless they are trying to give her the pink slip, i hope they don't, she has a lot of potential instead they should get rid of Stephanie.

Nicole Walker

Thanks for posting! Not much info on Galen's character and why haven't they told us his name. Do they even have a name yet? Why is Sami in Lucas bed?
Edited by Nicole Walker, Oct 2 2008, 10:06 AM.

Sariah
Member Avatar

That makes me wonder if a Brady/Chloe reunion will be forthcoming - mainly because wouldn't they want to test Martsolf with NB to see if there's any chemistry there? They just cast him without checking that first? That seems strange.

Jonatha

Nicole Dimera
Oct 2 2008, 09:59 AM
Thanks for posting! Not much info on Galen's character and why haven't they told us his name. Do they even have a name yet? Why is Sami in Lucas bed?
Not much info on the new guys from Passions.

SOW says Gering "will portray an FBI agent who comes to Salem working on a special case. Word is he'll be involved with Sami (Could romance be ahead?!) and share scenes with Nicole. His first airdate is Oct 31."

Martsolf's first airdate as Brady Black is in mid-November.

Nicole Walker

"SOW says Gering "will portray an FBI agent who comes to Salem working on a special case. Word is he'll be involved with Sami (Could romance be ahead?!) and share scenes with Nicole. His first airdate is Oct 31."

Thanks for posting this. I hope Nicole and Sami aren't fighting over another man while both are pregnant with EJ's baby. GEESH. This has got to be the worse crap i've ever seen. Why would they even bring in a new guy when both women are preggers from the same man? Does that make sense to anybody?
Edited by Nicole Walker, Oct 2 2008, 10:20 AM.

Pearly
Member Avatar

Thanks Jonny.

I'm wondering now if the rumor is true about the recasting of Eric Brady. Maybe EM came into read for Eric and they decided he'd be better suited for Brady. Who knows what the heck went on.

I'm intrigued how Sami will play into the FBI s/l w/ GG. :shrug:

Jonatha

Pearly
Oct 2 2008, 10:26 AM
Thanks Jonny.

I'm wondering now if the rumor is true about the recasting of Eric Brady. Maybe EM came into read for Eric and they decided he'd be better suited for Brady. Who knows what the heck went on.

I'm intrigued how Sami will play into the FBI s/l w/ GG. :shrug:
That's what I'm wondering about, too. I hope Eric comes back, preferably in the form of Forbes March, but whatever!

Nicole Walker

It probably is true. The Forbes March rumor has been around ever since he left OLTL. I bet he is the new Eric and with all these new characters coming on, it would not surprise me if Eric pops back up this year. I also think it's funny that Eric got the role of Brady cause whenever I saw a discussion about a Brady recast, Eric was mentioned the most. So that's weird maybe they do read the boards.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Oct 2 2008, 10:19 AM
"SOW says Gering "will portray an FBI agent who comes to Salem working on a special case. Word is he'll be involved with Sami (Could romance be ahead?!) and share scenes with Nicole. His first airdate is Oct 31."

Thanks for posting this. I hope Nicole and Sami aren't fighting over another man while both are pregnant with EJ's baby. GEESH. This has got to be the worse crap i've ever seen. Why would they even bring in a new guy when both women are preggers from the same man? Does that make sense to anybody?
Exactly, Nicole. This is insane?!?!?!

Two pregnant woman having kids with one guy...and both get a possible new love interest?? What about EJ? Doesn't he get one of the women carrying his kid?? We know Sami is going to have his kid soon...but they don't even end up together???
This is the strangest story...unless JS is the guy on the way out. He hasn't been sounding so certain of himself/character lately. It just seems like someone has to go...and more and more I am doubting that guy is BD. Hoping GG is a temp kind of character.

I just don't understand the need to bring in TWO friggin new characters to interact with these people they already have. The love triangles are already too crowded!!!

mesagirl
Member Avatar

I guess it never occured to me that JS would be the one leaving. Makes sense though, what with him making it known how unhappy he's been with how EJ's been written. I don't think BD is the one on the way out. It's good getting some new guys in Salem. The girl to guy ratio has been badly skewed for awhile now. Hopefully there will be enough men to go around so that Days can escape this horrid triangle trend they seem to have gotten stuck in the past few years.

Pearly
Member Avatar

Alligato
Oct 2 2008, 11:30 AM
Nicole Dimera
Oct 2 2008, 10:19 AM

Exactly, Nicole. This is insane?!?!?!

Two pregnant woman having kids with one guy...and both get a possible new love interest?? What about EJ? Doesn't he get one of the women carrying his kid?? We know Sami is going to have his kid soon...but they don't even end up together???
This is the strangest story...unless JS is the guy on the way out. He hasn't been sounding so certain of himself/character lately. It just seems like someone has to go...and more and more I am doubting that guy is BD. Hoping GG is a temp kind of character.

I just don't understand the need to bring in TWO friggin new characters to interact with these people they already have. The love triangles are already too crowded!!!
Alli, did you watch the video re: the interview JS had w/ Michael Fairman? He seemed to be VERY please with Tomlin's work. He also talked about "abrupt changes in s/l direction". I highly doubt JS is leaving. If i was betting on anyone it would be BD.

heartsong

Sariah
Oct 2 2008, 10:16 AM
That makes me wonder if a Brady/Chloe reunion will be forthcoming - mainly because wouldn't they want to test Martsolf with NB to see if there's any chemistry there? They just cast him without checking that first? That seems strange.
Why would he have tested with Nadia when he wasn't even auditioning for the role of Brady in the first place? The casting people changed their minds and offered Brady to him instead.

And, it's not like Days really cares about who has chemistry anyway. If they did they wouldn't have forced Shawn/Belle when both Beemer and Madison clearly had more chemistry with other screen partners than they did with each other.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply