Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Nicole to EJ: I'm pregnant!
Topic Started: Oct 2 2008, 09:31 AM (3,163 Views)
angmc
Member Avatar

Wow..Let's all give Nicole an award for figuring out that EJ is a bit of a prize in more ways than one. She's a fucking genius!!! It's pretty easy for Nicole to go after what she wants when she doesnt' have the same history that Sami and EJ have. I wonder if Nicole would have the same feelings for EJ had he done some of the same things he did to Sami during his BSC time. She would have run for the hills..
Instead we'll just pretend that Sami doesn't have legitimate reasons to be scared of loving and admitting she's in love with EJ. It's much easier to bash her and praise St.Nicole.. :eyeroll:
Edited by angmc, Oct 2 2008, 08:37 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fuzzy

ilovemydays
Oct 2 2008, 08:11 PM
Gotta hand it to Nicole. She's had her sights set exclusively on EJ for quite some time. She knows what and who she wants. No waffling.

Nicole doesn't suffer the Sami Syndrome, "I have undetermined, unexplainable feelings of a vague nature...If I only had a BRAIN I might be able to express what those feelings are."

Or EJ's "Nicole, I think you are smart, sexy and fun to be with...but I can't help being drawn to the mother of my child...after all, no one has ever rejected me as soundly and as consistently as she has. If jumping out of my bed to chase after her ex-husband and telling me she will love him and only him doesn't mean she wants me what does?"

Just wait until Nicole meets GG's character. I'm sure she'll waffle with the best of them.

Can you tell I hate triangles?

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Fuzzy
Oct 2 2008, 08:39 PM
ilovemydays
Oct 2 2008, 08:11 PM
Gotta hand it to Nicole. She's had her sights set exclusively on EJ for quite some time. She knows what and who she wants. No waffling.

Nicole doesn't suffer the Sami Syndrome, "I have undetermined, unexplainable feelings of a vague nature...If I only had a BRAIN I might be able to express what those feelings are."

Or EJ's "Nicole, I think you are smart, sexy and fun to be with...but I can't help being drawn to the mother of my child...after all, no one has ever rejected me as soundly and as consistently as she has. If jumping out of my bed to chase after her ex-husband and telling me she will love him and only him doesn't mean she wants me what does?"

Just wait until Nicole meets GG's character. I'm sure she'll waffle with the best of them.

Can you tell I hate triangles?
Damn, I'll hate to want to have to slap her like I want to Sami right now.
I think it's very vague how GG will end up. I'm curious with whom he screentested. IF he even screentested with anyone.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ilovemydays

angmc
Oct 2 2008, 08:36 PM
Wow..Let's all give Nicole an award for figuring out that EJ is a bit of a prize in more ways than one. She's a fucking genius!!! It's pretty easy for Nicole to go after what she wants when she doesnt' have the same history that Sami and EJ have. I wonder if Nicole would have the same feelings for EJ had he done some of the same things he did to Sami during his BSC time. She would have run for the hills..
Instead we'll just pretend that Sami doesn't have legitimate reasons to be scared of loving and admitting she's in love with EJ. It's much easier to bash her and praise St.Nicole.. :eyeroll:

Yes, compared to Sami Nicole is fucking genius...but then again, who isn't?

IMO Sami doesn't have a single legitimate reason to even think that she's in love with EJ.
That was never my issue with her. :eyeroll:

angmc
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Oct 2 2008, 09:44 PM
angmc

Yes, compared to Sami Nicole is fucking genius...but then again, who isn't?

IMO Sami doesn't have a single legitimate reason to even think that she's in love with EJ.
That was never my issue with her. :eyeroll:
Now Sami's a moron...Sure.. ^o)

I'm sure if there wasn't a thing called Sweeps Sami would have admitted her feelings for EJ a while ago but
since they insist on only making important strides with EJ and Sami during Sweeps that's how Sami is being written. Nicole, being the interloper that she is, can be clear about her feelings for EJ because she's just a plot device. Sami being unsure is supposed to be the angst for a couple in the making.

And obviously I don't share your opinion about Sami not having reasons to love EJ...
Edited by angmc, Oct 2 2008, 10:38 PM.

Nicole Walker

"Wow..Let's all give Nicole an award for figuring out that EJ is a bit of a prize in more ways than one. She's a fucking genius!!! It's pretty easy for Nicole to go after what she wants when she doesnt' have the same history that Sami and EJ have. I wonder if Nicole would have the same feelings for EJ had he done some of the same things he did to Sami during his BSC time. She would have run for the hills..
Instead we'll just pretend that Sami doesn't have legitimate reasons to be scared of loving and admitting she's in love with EJ. It's much easier to bash her and praise St.Nicole"

This just proves that EJ and Sami shouldn't be together. Nothing about this situation is normal or believable in the least it's basically gagworthy but that's JMO.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Oct 2 2008, 11:07 PM.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

angmc
Nicole does not need to be raped and abused by EJ to prove that she truly cares about him. Rape, constant lies, and constant manipulations are defining factors of the Ejami obsession story and prove time and time again why they are toxic for each other. I don't want that for EJole. I'd actually like to see, ya know, a romance, which is the complete opposite of what I've seen from Ejami over the past two years.

angmc
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Oct 2 2008, 11:05 PM
"Wow..Let's all give Nicole an award for figuring out that EJ is a bit of a prize in more ways than one. She's a fucking genius!!! It's pretty easy for Nicole to go after what she wants when she doesnt' have the same history that Sami and EJ have. I wonder if Nicole would have the same feelings for EJ had he done some of the same things he did to Sami during his BSC time. She would have run for the hills..
Instead we'll just pretend that Sami doesn't have legitimate reasons to be scared of loving and admitting she's in love with EJ. It's much easier to bash her and praise St.Nicole"

This just proves that EJ and Sami shouldn't be together. Nothing about this situation is normal or believable in the least it's basically gagworthy but that's JMO.
The only thing it proves is that TPTB might be listening to the fans. Plenty of people wanted EJ and Sami together before he went all BSC around this time two years ago..The writers/producers at the time seemed to have an agenda that backfired IMO and even after all that crap plenty of fans still want EJ and Sami together.

Normal or believable in a sentence when you're referring to Days of our Lives?????? :lol:

angmc
Member Avatar

DolceDiMera
Oct 2 2008, 11:28 PM
angmc
Nicole does not need to be raped and abused by EJ to prove that she truly cares about him. Rape, constant lies, and constant manipulations are defining factors of the Ejami obsession story and prove time and time again why they are toxic for each other. I don't want that for EJole. I'd actually like to see, ya know, a romance, which is the complete opposite of what I've seen from Ejami over the past two years.
I dont' actually see an EJ/Nicole romance coming your way either...Sorry. :frown:

I never said I wanted Nicole raped or abused (in this thread at least) but my point is that Nicole is all googly eyed over EJ when she hasn't even scratched the surface IMO. Nicole has never seen the darker side of EJ which Sami has and yet Sami loves him.

As for an EJami romance..it's been there but unfortunately it's a bit more subtle than most couples get. I expect when EJami get together around sweeps you will see a more legit romance with Nicole trying to break them up because she is the interloper in this storyline especially since Lucas seems to have moved on and is now back to being Sami's friend.
Edited by angmc, Oct 2 2008, 11:43 PM.

Fuzzy

angmc
Oct 2 2008, 10:36 PM

I'm sure if there wasn't a thing called Sweeps Sami would have admitted her feelings for EJ a while ago but
since they insist on only making important strides with EJ and Sami during Sweeps that's how Sami is being written. Nicole, being the interloper that she is, can be clear about her feelings for EJ because she's just a plot device. Sami being unsure is supposed to be the angst for a couple in the making.

And obviously I don't share your opinion about Sami not having reasons to love EJ...
I don't think there are too many intelligent people in Salem. Do you realize neither one of these women realized they were pregnant for their entire first trimester? I realize that Nicole thought she couldn't get pregnant, but still....

And as far as EJ's concerned--Nicole's a moron for going after EJ when she knows how he felt about Sami. Regardless of what he says now, she has to know that EJ's not over Sami. And she actually thought he'd be happy she's pregnant? Please. Then there are the little hints she dropped to EJ last week about Trent being out of the picture...I'm sure she's not guilty, but it was still a very stupid thing to do. I won't even go into how stupid it is to assume you're divorced when you haven't signed divorce papers.

Sami's an idiot for trying to keep her pregnancy from EJ. Not initially, but buying new clothes? What does she plan to do when the baby's born? Or maybe she thinks she can hide a live newborn?

But this is days, where the only time any character is allowed to have more than one brain cell is when they're veering to the darker side of gray. At this point, I'd be worried if my favorite started to show too many signs of intelligence. Don't get me wrong--I'd love it if a new writer made the characters actually behave somewhat intelligently, but I'm not holding out too much hope.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

How do we know that Sami loves EJ? I certainly don't know that. She's never told him. She's never said it out loud, even while she is alone. She's certainly never shown him in actions either. I don't think jumping out of the bed naked to chase after another man, moments after fucking EJ, an act of love towards EJ. You never hear Sami talking about a future of any kind that goes beyond co parenting with EJ either. In fact, over the past few days we have heard her exclaim that she still wants nothing to do with EJ.

At least I can get some solace in the fact that the writers haven't taken her completely in to the twilight zone. Knowing (I FF'd through the barf fest, so I can't say I actually watched it lol) that Sami fucked her rapist/terrorist willingly was hard enough to swallow (no pun intended). I just can't relate to this s/l whatsoever.

Nicole at least admits her feelings. We've heard her say a few times now, that she is in love with EJ.

I am so sick of the couple wars too. First it was Lumi/EJami, and now we've been having EJole/EJami wars. I try to stay out of the fray, but its hard to sit by and watch something that just doesn't happen in reality, nor is it something I feel that should be playing out on our screens for the younger girls that watch the show. There is nothing natural or believable about a woman falling in love with the man that raped her and terrorized her/her family and her children for 2+ years.

Some things you just can't suspend belief about. In fact some of their s/l's are down right insulting. This happens to be one of them for me. Stax is another.
Edited by mesagirl, Oct 3 2008, 09:59 AM.

FOOL4DOOL

mesagirl
Oct 3 2008, 09:58 AM
I am so sick of the couple wars too. First it was Lumi/EJami, and now we've been having EJole/EJami wars. I try to stay out of the fray, but its hard to sit by and watch something that just doesn't happen in reality, nor is it something I feel that should be playing out on our screens for the younger girls that watch the show. There is nothing natural or believable about a woman falling in love with the man that raped her and terrorized her/her family and her children for 2+ years.

Some things you just can't suspend belief about. In fact some of their s/l's are down right insulting. This happens to be one of them for me. Stax is another.
The only thing that explains it is the Stockholm Syndrome. This fits Sami exactly. She has been held hostage by EJ through all his threats and manipulations, and last telling her she could not take Johnny out of the mansion (court order). The man is a complete piece of work.

If Sami herself can get free, it will take some time, but she can completely overcome the brainwashing he has put her through. I hope she runs away, so the new baby won't be caught in that evil web.

Pearly
Member Avatar

mesagirl
How do we know that Sami loves EJ? I certainly don't know that. She's never told him. She's never said it out loud, even while she is alone. She's certainly never shown him in actions either. I don't think jumping out of the bed naked to chase after another man, moments after fucking EJ, an act of love towards EJ. You never hear Sami talking about a future of any kind that goes beyond co parenting with EJ either. In fact, over the past few days we have heard her exclaim that she still wants nothing to do with EJ.

At least I can get some solace in the fact that the writers haven't taken her completely in to the twilight zone. Knowing (I FF'd through the barf fest, so I can't say I actually watched it lol) that Sami fucked her rapist/terrorist willingly was hard enough to swallow (no pun intended). I just can't relate to this s/l whatsoever.

Nicole at least admits her feelings. We've heard her say a few times now, that she is in love with EJ.

Maybe all the stuff you've listed is pretty unbelievable, but I personally don't watch Days for the believeability factor. Days, as well as other tv shows I watch ARE my escape from the insanity of the world I live in. It's solely entertainment for me.

To utilize the word "war" would imply that there is some hostility here and while there is a lot of debating going on, on my part, I'm just giving my opinions and respectfully disagreeing with others. No one here has insulted anyone.

Pearly
Member Avatar

FOOL4DOOL
Oct 3 2008, 10:16 AM
mesagirl

The only thing that explains it is the Stockholm Syndrome. This fits Sami exactly. She has been held hostage by EJ through all his threats and manipulations, and last telling her she could not take Johnny out of the mansion (court order). The man is a complete piece of work.

If Sami herself can get free, it will take some time, but she can completely overcome the brainwashing he has put her through. I hope she runs away, so the new baby won't be caught in that evil web.
Spin it, DJ DOOL!! :walkman:

If I had to list the amount of times Sami has had the opportunity to voluntarily have nothing to do with EJ, I'd have to charge you.

six
Member Avatar

Pearly
Oct 3 2008, 10:22 AM
mesagirl

Maybe all the stuff you've listed is pretty unbelievable, but I personally don't watch Days for the believeability factor. Days, as well as other tv shows I watch ARE my escape from the insanity of the world I live in. It's solely entertainment for me.

To utilize the word "war" would imply that there is some hostility here and while there is a lot of debating going on, on my part, I'm just giving my opinions and respectfully disagreeing with others. No one here has insulted anyone.
I agree, and anyone (such as the the hypothetical impressionable young girl) who is going to make life decisions based fictional television has no business watching tv at all. There are definitely some things that air that I don't want to see, and that's fine, but if Days is going to have to tailor content to protect the viewers who don't have any common sense, they'd might as well close up shop now, because that would be a very bland show.

ilovemydays

Fuzzy
Oct 3 2008, 12:00 AM
angmc
Oct 2 2008, 10:36 PM

I don't think there are too many intelligent people in Salem. Do you realize neither one of these women realized they were pregnant for their entire first trimester? I realize that Nicole thought she couldn't get pregnant, but still....

And as far as EJ's concerned--Nicole's a moron for going after EJ when she knows how he felt about Sami. Regardless of what he says now, she has to know that EJ's not over Sami. And she actually thought he'd be happy she's pregnant? Please. Then there are the little hints she dropped to EJ last week about Trent being out of the picture...I'm sure she's not guilty, but it was still a very stupid thing to do. I won't even go into how stupid it is to assume you're divorced when you haven't signed divorce papers.

Sami's an idiot for trying to keep her pregnancy from EJ. Not initially, but buying new clothes? What does she plan to do when the baby's born? Or maybe she thinks she can hide a live newborn?

But this is days, where the only time any character is allowed to have more than one brain cell is when they're veering to the darker side of gray. At this point, I'd be worried if my favorite started to show too many signs of intelligence. Don't get me wrong--I'd love it if a new writer made the characters actually behave somewhat intelligently, but I'm not holding out too much hope.

If you think less of Nicole for pursuing EJ than what do you think about EJ chasing after Sami? At least EJ has said on a number of occasions that he wanted to see where a relationship with Niole will lead. Sami has told EJ to his face that she doesn't want him, will never love him and she will always love Lucas. EJ pursued her when she was engaged to Austin, engaged to Lucas, married to Lucas and pining for Lucas. What does that say about EJ?

Edited by ilovemydays, Oct 3 2008, 10:37 AM.

ilovemydays

six
Oct 3 2008, 10:36 AM
Pearly
mesagirl

I agree, and anyone (such as the the hypothetical impressionable young girl) who is going to make life decisions based fictional television has no business watching tv at all. There are definitely some things that air that I don't want to see, and that's fine, but if Days is going to have to tailor content to protect the viewers who don't have any common sense, they'd might as well close up shop now, because that would be a very bland show.
Tailor content for a few viewers that lack common sense? I can't even say the number of times that I've seen people posting that Sami really wanted EJ and that it wasn't rape at all.

IMO there are some lines that should not be crossed or the show loses all of its integrity and insults its viewers. DOOL tread into dangerous waters and glossed over a serious topic just to appease a fanbase instead of handling the topic with the care it deserved.

DOOL is sending a message that a victim can fall in love with a man that raped her. Rape is an act of violence. To some of us even the suggestion a rape victim will fall in love or lust with the man that attacked her is OFFENSIVE.

So, what are they trying to say? That it was her fault that it happened? That she wanted it? That an attacker can somehow undo the damage that he did with an "I'm sorry?" and they can go on to have a romantic relationship?

Maybe the message they are sending is that their viewers want what they want and

Pearly
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Oct 3 2008, 10:58 AM
six
Pearly
mesagirl

Tailor content for a few viewers that lack common sense? I can't even say the number of times that I've seen people posting that Sami really wanted EJ and that it wasn't rape at all.

IMO there are some lines that should not be crossed or the show loses all of its integrity and insults its viewers. DOOL tread into dangerous waters and glossed over a serious topic just to appease a fanbase instead of handling the topic with the care it deserved.

DOOL is sending a message that a victim can fall in love with a man that raped her. Rape is an act of violence. To some of us even the suggestion a rape victim will fall in love or lust with the man that attacked her is OFFENSIVE.

So, what are they trying to say? That it was her fault that it happened? That she wanted it? That an attacker can somehow undo the damage that he did with an "I'm sorry?" and they can go on to have a romantic relationship?

Maybe the message they are sending is that their viewers want what they want and
Well, it happened with Luke & Laura back then and it was controversial then as it is now. Still, it doesn't mean that viewers can't have different perspectives of this particular fictional situation.

There are numerous real life controversial examples I could give you where you and I and others would differ in opinion but that doesn't make either one of our opinions the last say. Truly I don't have the time to sit here and list the examples, especially when the person reading, I'm talking to you ilovemydays, will scan, select and discard what I have to say. Yes, that was a nod to Beverly Hills 90210.

You will have your opinion, others will have theirs, I will have mine and so on and so forth.

However, it would be greatly appreciated if you would not, sitting behind the safety of your computer, point fingers blantly saying that rape is condoned IN THE REAL WORLD!
Edited by Pearly, Oct 3 2008, 11:21 AM.

six
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Oct 3 2008, 10:58 AM
six
Pearly
mesagirl

I feel Days did the best job they could handling it in May. If you don't, that's fine with me. I believe that both camps (rape/skeevy thing but not rape) have valid points. Someone's interpretations of that storyline don't tell you anything at all about how much common sense they have. But, If anyone takes anything that happened on Days into account when making a real life decision, then no, they don't have common sense. It's fiction, not a guide to live one's life by.

And while something may be offensive to some viewers, that does not mean it automatically shouldn't be on the air.
Edited by six, Oct 3 2008, 11:20 AM.

Nicole Walker

Mesagirl were on the same page as far as Ejami goes. Eventhough, I don't like Ejami, I will never tell people what to like and what not to like. It's just simply not my cup of tea.

Sami nearly castrated Alan the man that raped her yet i'm suppose to believe she'd fall for EJ who forced her to sleep with him inorder to save Lucas and terrorized her and her family for months. POD Sami would but not the real Sami Brady. I'm not buying this story but it's what they are trying to sell, some like it and some don't. That's why I laugh when they are telling us to go green like STFU don't tell me anything when you have this crap going on. Anyways, I'll leave it at that and we can gush over Nicole being pregnant! She's so excited and I hope this works out for her. I think a baby makes all difference for a woman like Nicole.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Oct 3 2008, 11:57 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply