Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Suds Report — Is Bryan Dattilo out?; TVGC
Topic Started: Oct 3 2008, 12:00 PM (11,531 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/Soaps/Suds/Articles/081003_news_nelson_NB
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

No surprise that BD may be out. I had no clue he and Arianne don't get along.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

wow thanks nelson!

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

darraholic
Oct 3 2008, 12:02 PM
No surprise that BD may be out. I had no clue he and Arianne don't get along.
Same here. I guess Days have a lot of divas BTS/LOL

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Does this mean even less screen time for one of the most underrated young actors in soaps, Blake Berris (Nick)? Insiders report the soap is actively casting a love interest for Melanie. Yep, it looks like we’re stuck with the hair model, kids. And just when we thought we were rid of Kristen Renton (Morgan)…

______

Not again... UGH

~bl~
Member Avatar

The ATWT stuff with the additional information sounds like a plot to kill daytime. Very depressing, but thanks for the details.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Along with EJ, Galen Gering’s coming in as Sami’s new love,

Didn't another article said the FBI will be attracted to NICOLE?

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Quote:

—Which west-coast soap siren has taken half her male cast to bed, including a gay co-star?

Slutty.... LOL!!

The GL stuff is really sad. Only people with nasty minds would do something like that. Look at GL's current state... wow... these idiots should be nicer to people instead of treating them like shit. No wonder GL keeps getting bad karma.
Edited by Rakesh198, Oct 3 2008, 12:17 PM.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

He's to be paired with Sami, but you know on Days it could change to Lucas next week depending on who's writing the show.
Edited by hunterforrester, Oct 3 2008, 12:20 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

So P&G wants GL and ATWT to air only three times a week? That's sad.

What in the world are soaps coming to?

Meanwhile, the GL crew sounds like they come from another world (not the soap -- a LITERAL other world). What a bunch of petty bastards.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 3 2008, 12:21 PM
So P&G wants GL and ATWT to air only three times a week? That's sad.

That is just heartbreaking... :frown: :shame:

P&G should be shot to death.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

There has been talk for awhile on other boards that P&G was thinking of this or cut both to half hour shows in order to cut costs.

If I was watching I would have no problem with it. Since I am not it really doesn't matter.

I figure in the coming years as ratings drop and budgets drop you will see a lot of shows cut down. It is hard for them with a smaller guaranteed cast to write stories without using the same characters over and over. Plus the writers of today don't want to use more characters - they want to keep using the same damn ones. To me a shorter time period would at least make it easier to not have to sit through the same boring story featured every damn day for an hour.

constie

Thanks Nelson, I always LOVE reading your columns, I'm always looking forward to Mondays and Fridays!! :hail:

This has me really intrigued:
Quote:

—Which west-coast soap siren has taken half her male cast to bed, including a gay co-star?
Any more clues as to whom she is?

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

I think I would rather seeing them cut to 30 mins. Then, I would like for them to get a good time slot.

GL comes on at 10AM here in NYC. That is too early for me.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

constie
Oct 3 2008, 12:39 PM
Thanks Nelson, I always LOVE reading your columns, I'm always looking forward to Mondays and Fridays!! :hail:

This has me really intrigued:
Quote:

Any more clues as to whom she is?
Me too. I think it's someone from Days....

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I'm kind of shocked Ari and Bryan don't get along. They used to work together alot. I wonder if maybe he felt she was stealing Ali's thunder or something? I know that's a stretch but Bryan and Ari don't seem like the types to have issues with anyone let alone each other. We all know Ali was upset with the story direction in spring and summer so maybe Bryan sided with her and there was a disagreement with Ari. Hmm....

I'm glad Galen is for Sami. She needs a fresh direction. My sense here is that they wanted a actual quad between Lucas/Sami/EJ/Nicole and because Bryan and Ari aren't getting along, they can't work that angle so now they bring in Galen, who we know will have some sparks with Sami and Nicole. That is what they are going for. Now they can have an Nicole/EJ/Sami/FBI agent quad where they can pair any of them with each other. I do think that works better. I've been enjoying Bryan much more of late and I do like that he is a character with Horton roots but I would rather lose him the Lauren Koslow or someone else. Not only that but someone has to go. There will be too many men and if there is tension, you have to cut someone. My hope is that Lucas gets a big exit like the one some of us proposed in the past few weeks. It figures that Lucas is finally being written better and now he may be going. That seems to always happen.

Sucks about Martha. Hopefully the show gets it's ass together and brings her back soon.

As for casting someone for Melanie, I'm really beginning to wonder about the future of not only Nick but Chelsea as well. Chelsea is doing nothing right now and if Melanie gets a new love interest, where does that leave Nick? They can easily reunite Chick and send them off together. Rachel seems still miffed about the end of Chan so maybe that is factoring in. Perhaps they may be trying to produce a quad here with Chelsea/Nick/Melanie and a 4th party? if that is the case, get rid of Stax then. I have to wonder though if the possible love interest may be Will. Just a though. I do remember a casting rumor about Days looking for someone around 16-17 and since they have said Melanie is 17, that would make sense as a love interest for her. Days' casting has done a very good job in the last few years, even before Ed brought Marnie Saitta in (so obviously I disagree with you Nelson on Days' acting standards)

I know I'm in the minority but I'm glad Higley and Tomlin have creative control. It's just too bad it never happened under Hogan but I'm glad it's happening now because you can see onscreen how improved a show can get when there is no interference and clashing of visions. Right now, everyone seems like they are on the same page and that is very important. The show has already made strides because of it. Again, bad stories are one thing but lack of direction and clashing visions are much worse because the show never gives you the sense you are going anywhere and there is a lack of story commitment. Now we are getting it and the show is benefitting from it.

Good stuff. It is looking like Bryan is the vet but who is the other actress that was fired with Renton? That is still a mystery.

Oh and about P&G, I actually think it would work. For many shows, it would help immensely. Soaps are running out of ideas so maybe cutting some down to a half hour would help. GK and ATWT have lost alot of recognizable faces so ,maybe cut casts down to the people who matter and have the half hour revolve around those character. I don't think a half hour could work for shows like Days, Y&R, and GH because they have so many beloved characters that it would be hard to whittle the cast down but for ATWT and GL it may work well.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Oct 3 2008, 12:48 PM.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I don't like the casting spoiler for a new love interest for Melanie...that isn't needed now at all, especially with cast cuts and the addition of GG and EM...They should stick with the cast they have...

As for BD, suprisingly i've started liking Lucas again these past couple episodes with Sami..but in all honesty, the show has survived just fine when he's been off..So i wouldn't mind him being the vet thats out..

darraholic
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 3 2008, 12:45 PM
I know I'm in the minority but I'm glad Higley and Tomlin have creative control.
I doubt Corday will stay on his ass too long. It's only a matter of time before he starts interfering.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

I still think Rachel got fired.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I agree that it isn't needed but if they are getting rid of Chick (which would be stupid IMO), it makes sense. I'm just beginning to wonder because both Chelsea and Nick, despite the Melanie angle, don't feel involved at all, at least not to me. They are kind of just there and it makes me wonder if their time is running out.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply