Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Suds Report — Is Bryan Dattilo out?; TVGC
Topic Started: Oct 3 2008, 12:00 PM (11,446 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Oct 5 2008, 09:34 PM
Daytime
Oct 5 2008, 09:24 PM
To be honest I really don't care if she is the so-called diva, I still want think any less of her. Allison Sweeny Rocks!!

She's the best asset Days got going for them. IMO, Well her and James Scott.

BD being out doesn't affect me one way or the other. I am not a fan of BD's and probably never will, but I know he has alot of fans so if he's out then I am sorry for them and that he may be out of a job. But BD is a okay actor, I don't believe he'll be unemployed for long, if this is true.
So, it doesn't matter if she has ended up doing something unethical? What if she throws temper tantrums like Dena Higley allegedly does? Just playing devil's advocate here. There are just certain actors that can do no wrong, no matter what? That's how divas are created, you know, and that's how bad feelings are created. If she's the diva and if she did some of this stuff and caused this turmoil, I don't think her behavior should be excused because she's Sami Brady.
As much as it would pain me, if Bryan Datillo was PROVEN to have said what he allegedly said at Burlington and was causing trouble, he should be reprimanded. Same with Ali. Dee Hall, James Scott, Mary Beth Evans, Peter Reckell, Ed Scott, Dena Higley......no one should be above any rules, regulations, or just plain common ethics because they or their fans might think the show lives and breathes only through them. (Disclaimer: I'm not SAYING these people have this attitude: I'm merely using them as examples. The day Mary Beth Evans becomes a diva is the day I retire from TV entirely! :D )
No one, not even Frances Reid, IS the show. The show survived without Sami before and it could probably survive without her again. CAse in point: the people on boards who are actually disappointed because she's not taking a longer maternity leave and giving Sami a much needed character break. Personally, I think it would help the show to give the character and the never-ending triangles and quadrangles a break.
I am saying I really don't care if she is the Ali is the diva. I want think any less of her. The only thing I care about is having a good show. Hell, if BD wrote an entire show, it wouldn't bother one bit, just so long as I have a good storyline that I can follow. And this goes for all the actors and actresses, not just my favs. All this behind the scene crap does not interest me, if they asked whom ever, it wouldn't bother me. In fact I think every character should have imput on their current storylines. It probably would make the show go a whole lot better, if you ask me. Anyway Ali has not been on screen as much as the rest of them.

All I am saying point blank, Days have been sucking lately and if they asked actors and actresses to give their imput on what they think could make the storyline better, then so be it.

I don't care one way or the other, just give me a good storyline anytime.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

Quote:

I have to wonder though. If Bryan's been told he's being let go, and then told to be quiet about it (or his management for that matter), why would he agree to that? What would he get out of being silent?

Getting his old job back. Headwriters/EPs could change again - Lucas could come back (if the rumor is true, and at this point I have no idea what to believe), but he wouldn't be welcome if he burned his bridges. If he's been asked to stay quiet, he'd be smart to do as he was asked because you never know what the future will bring.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Sariah
Oct 6 2008, 01:08 PM
Quote:

I have to wonder though. If Bryan's been told he's being let go, and then told to be quiet about it (or his management for that matter), why would he agree to that? What would he get out of being silent?

Getting his old job back. Headwriters/EPs could change again - Lucas could come back (if the rumor is true, and at this point I have no idea what to believe), but he wouldn't be welcome if he burned his bridges. If he's been asked to stay quiet, he'd be smart to do as he was asked because you never know what the future will bring.
Very true. Actors do this all the time because it's not a good idea to burn that bridge.

Kyrai

PhoenixRising05
Oct 6 2008, 12:58 PM
I also have to ask...why do some keep mentioning a new writer coming on? yes, Days is getting a new co-HW but Higley is still at the helm. Sure, he will have some influence but it still will be Tomlin and Higley's ship, especially going with what Nelson mentioned in his column. The new co-HW, Chris Whitesell, is not even being credited yet so I highly doubt one could say he had any role in Sami's pregnancy story. There was no buildup to that story. it came out of nowhere and serves no purpose. There is no way her pregnancy was planned, even after Ali announced she was pregnant.
Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

I wasn't denying that they obviously weren't planning on Sami being pregnant, I was just suggesting that the writers themselves may have changed their minds. It was my understanding that the WGA was pretty powerful, so I couldn't imagine the 'diva' pushing anything at this point. I don't have a clue how all that stuff works (nor want to lol).

Somewhere, I read that even though Higley was still on board, she was only going to be over her autism story and the new writer would be in charge of the rest. I can't remember where I read it though or even the exact wording. It was quite a while back that I read it, but it gave me hope.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I guess it doesn't matter whose idea it was to ultimately write Ali's pregnancy in. The bottom line is that it's out of nowhere and doesn't really make any sense. Is Sami going to give birth around the same time as Ali? :shrug:

Emma Frost
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Oct 6 2008, 01:47 PM
I guess it doesn't matter whose idea it was to ultimately write Ali's pregnancy in. The bottom line is that it's out of nowhere and doesn't really make any sense. Is Sami going to give birth around the same time as Ali? :shrug:
According to Dena Hackley, that's the plan.

Days4Life

The only way this pregnancy storyline is going to work is if there's a baby switch. The other day when Nicole was talking to John, she made a comment about what a miracle it was that she got pregnant and how this would be her only chance to have a baby, and right then I felt she was going to either miscarry or her baby would be stillborn. So she and Sami will probably go into labor at the same time; Sami's baby will survive, Nicole's won't; Nicole will somehow switch them so she gets the living child and Sami thinks her baby died.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Oct 6 2008, 02:55 PM
The only way this pregnancy storyline is going to work is if there's a baby switch. The other day when Nicole was talking to John, she made a comment about what a miracle it was that she got pregnant and how this would be her only chance to have a baby, and right then I felt she was going to either miscarry or her baby would be stillborn. So she and Sami will probably go into labor at the same time; Sami's baby will survive, Nicole's won't; Nicole will somehow switch them so she gets the living child and Sami thinks her baby died.

I like that! That sounds like a good dramatic story I can watch and enjoy.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Rakesh198
Oct 3 2008, 12:11 PM
Along with EJ, Galen Gering’s coming in as Sami’s new love,

Didn't another article said the FBI will be attracted to NICOLE?
I read he's coming to town because Sami's in some kind of trouble not necessarily as a love interest.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Quote:

I think that's what went down with Drake, but with him knowing ahead of time he'd be back.

Never burn a bridge you never know when you might have to recross it.

Not that I believe BD is being let go.

lilacwine
Member Avatar

I'm not a huge fan of Lucas... but he's not as much of a waste as Roman ... Josh Taylor was a good Chris Kositcheck... but the Roman recast never worked for me... bring back Wayne or jettison Roman...

soapfan
Member Avatar

I hope the rumor isn't true. I am still holding out hope that Lumi do get back together.

Fancy

I'm an ejami, but I still don't want to see BD go.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply