Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; For the week of October 6, 2008
Topic Started: Oct 5 2008, 02:00 AM (5,020 Views)
SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I think the problem with all our "favorites" is that DH is a plot driven writer. We know our favorite character's personalities, how they would react to one another, or in a certain situation. We can see that our "favorites" are not acting true to their character.

Only in the last week or so have we been allowed to see inside some of the characters to get some idea of what their thinking. That has been painfully missing over the past months, IMO. If we can get to see inside our characters, we can appreciate why they are doing or saying what they are.

Hopefully, with the additions of Tomlin and Whitesell, we will see more and more into our "favorites". It's obvious DH is only going to further the plot when left to her own devices. (IMO, of course)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kyrai

Ellie
Oct 5 2008, 07:45 PM
madelinehawaii
Oct 5 2008, 07:24 PM
this is probably in large part the reason I got tired of John with Marlena...the idea that it was inevitable and no one or thing, even the devil could keep them apart. I didn't find that romantic (which I'm sure is simply my own flaw lol) but over time that connection thing has stagnated into something extremely predictable. I realize love is to some degree a mystery...why we fall for one person and not another and what keeps us together, but one's personality and past still have something to do with that and the idea that two people can't fall out of love or lose their connection seems to me rather like suggesting that people don't die. Loss is as much a part of life as love and the latter wouldn't mean much without the possibility of the former.
Oh, I'm not saying that any two people can't fall out of love. I'm saying that John and Marlena wouldn't fall out of love. And if that sounds silly... it's a soap, and they're fictional characters. I understand you don't like that aspect of their relationship, and that's certainly your prerogative, but I would venture to say that many (most?) of the viewers who have liked them over the years have appreciated them in part because of that aspect. So while you find it predictable, many expect it to be the driving force behind their stories. And when it isn't, those viewers who do like it are left feeling alienated, because characters they enjoy watching are behaving out of character, and a relationship they've appreciated for over 20 years now seems as though it had been built on quicksand.
That is exactly how I feel about John and Marlena. It is a special once in a lifetime relationship for me.

But this is not even a J&M situation to me. I'm not saying that Marlena should still be crazy in love with John or hoping for a reunion. I'm saying that it makes no sense her following up NOW when he may die. If it were any other couple, would it make any sense if one partner found out their spouse might die, they run to a lawyer to get divorce papers drawn up even if they had been thinking about divorce for ages?

If she had divorced him when he was living with Ava then I wouldn't have had a problem with it. But why now and why the urgency? Even if she meets someone else and falls in love at first sight, does she plan to get married that quick? Is she secretly dying to run off with Roman now or something?

Given that J&M are a special couple to me, I do expect more from their love, but I certainly don't expect less.

Edited by Kyrai, Oct 6 2008, 02:24 AM.

madelinehawaii

Ellie
Oct 5 2008, 11:52 PM
madelinehawaii
Oct 5 2008, 10:41 PM
Knowing that the boy is eventually going to win over the girl by the end of a novel or a movie isn't the same as going to see the same boy win back the same girl in part fifteen of their romantic adventures where they face the same conflict over and over again with the same consequences.

And LadyoftheLake's point wasn't only suspense...it was suspense because there is angst and angst between two people torn apart for the umpteenth time isn't angst that is going to ring true anymore if they can't lose each other for more than six months or so, just like Jack and Jennifer falling off a cliff for the umpteenth time is no longer suspenseful when we know they're not going to die.
Right, but I don't think this is "the same conflict over and over again" at all. The current J&M story is a very new twist on a classic relationship. That's part of the reason I'm so upset that the writers are imo completely missing the boat on this opportunity.
the situation is different (not that it really feels that way) but the conflict is the same...finding their way back to each other through obstacles...the obstacle this year being a return from the dead, which yes, they've done before along with the pawn motif. For the record, I'm not happy when they do this with any couple or character on the show and I wasn't happy last year when they did it with my favorite characters. I just find it sad that with such rich characters, the writers/producers/network seem incapable of using more than one aspect of a character's personality as the basis for a storyline.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Oct 5 2008, 03:55 PM
cassie1013
Oct 5 2008, 03:44 PM
I personally think it would be way too typical DAYS and stupid if Marlena didn't want to divorce John. I like them, but seriously, he's not even the same person. How dumb does that make her look?

I think it would be best to go with the divorce route - it doesn't mean she doesn't love the REAL John. Then when he does eventually come back, they can get back together or whatever.
I agree. This John is not someone Marlena would be attracted to. It's unbelievable that she would want to remain married to John the way he is now. Of course she's always going to have that feeling that the old John could emerge, but it's been months now and one has to grow tired of hope and lose it and move on with their lives. That's what needs to happen with Marlena.

I'm not saying that they have to instantly hook Marlena up with another man. That's not necessary, but I have to admit that I wouldn't mind seeing Marlena have a new man in her life that she falls in love with. Then, just as Marlena and her man are getting more serious, John gets his memory back and now we're in store for a classic star-crossed lovers reunion that John and Marlena fans know best.
I would love that.

It allows BOTH characters to grow as individuals. It allows both to be independent.

I don't want either character sacrificed just for the sake of another love story. I don't want them boxed in with limited story potential. Just let them be away from each other but let the connection still be there. Let them both interact separately but realize more and more they still have feelings there and, eventually, find their way together again. It can kind of be a play on the Affair story a bit but with nuJohn. There are many other angles to play. I just want good story. I want something different. I think more general fans will react to that then the same old thing.

I understand J&M fans want what they want and that is fine. I just think there is more that can be done then that and that settling for that is just not good for the show because...then what? Where do J&M go from there? I think you have to open up story for them both individually and as a couple. The romantic adventure angle is getting tired for all the supercouples. Let the young cast take those on with their parents help. I want to see the parents deal with new things. Have Marlena have a career-driven story. Have John investigate his missing years after he was separated from Colleen. Things like that. Have them do some individual things, maybe find some new love interests to interact with and then have them come together. You create more story that way for both them individually and together.

I understand they have a connection and that needs to be used. It is being used. My point is let's not go the same old route. You can tie back into history and put new spins on it. As I said, maybe a play on the affair story only with nuJohn and Marlena. Many current fans fell for them during that story. Remind fans of why J&M are great in the first place. I don't want to see J&M 1998-2007. I want J&M 1986-1997. Both independent characters. Both strong characters. They were in love but weren't too sappy. They were sexy, fun, gripping. I want that back and I think the show can get that dynamic (which I think is their best dynamic) back if it allows both characters to be on their own a bit and then come together. That is one story I think can work at a slower pace in this fast-paced soap climate.

It's bad enough Days has to rely on the same characters over and over to come through for them but continuously going back to the constant romantic adventures and falling in love again stories just isn't going to work. The well is dry on those. The couples are already in love, except nuJohn and Marlena in which case it works but it needs to be about more then that. I know some will argue it's the writers being lazy and so on but it really isn't. Not saying writers aren't lazy but there really is only so much you can do with the same characters over and over. Maybe some out there are interested in the same stories over and over for their faces but I'm not and I believe many others aren't either. That is just as much a reason for the ratings problems for soaps as anything else. I've known some casual viewers who are friends of mine that tune in once and awhile and ask me why Bo and Hope are getting married again or, this goes back a few years, why J&M are reuniting again or why they don't see more real conflict on the show instead of characters going on adventures or facing down a supervillain. I have no answer for that. I just say a good portion of fans want this and they simply laugh. Just for the record, many of the viewers I'm talking about here are women in their mid 30's to late 50's.

Just goes to show you how different many of us are in what we want and don't want from our show. My hope is that when J&M reunite, there is story there because I fear there won't be. I think that is why the show is dragging it's feet. It doesn't know where to go afterwards. I also hope that neither character is sacrificed just to reunite them. Let them have individual lives and stories too, not just couple stories. That is my hope. Off my soapbox now. :laugh:

Kyrai

PhoenixRising05
Oct 6 2008, 02:54 AM
DrewHamilton
cassie1013
Oct 5 2008, 03:44 PM
I personally think it would be way too typical DAYS and stupid if Marlena didn't want to divorce John. I like them, but seriously, he's not even the same person. How dumb does that make her look?

I think it would be best to go with the divorce route - it doesn't mean she doesn't love the REAL John. Then when he does eventually come back, they can get back together or whatever.
I agree. This John is not someone Marlena would be attracted to. It's unbelievable that she would want to remain married to John the way he is now. Of course she's always going to have that feeling that the old John could emerge, but it's been months now and one has to grow tired of hope and lose it and move on with their lives. That's what needs to happen with Marlena.

I'm not saying that they have to instantly hook Marlena up with another man. That's not necessary, but I have to admit that I wouldn't mind seeing Marlena have a new man in her life that she falls in love with. Then, just as Marlena and her man are getting more serious, John gets his memory back and now we're in store for a classic star-crossed lovers reunion that John and Marlena fans know best.
I would love that.

It allows BOTH characters to grow as individuals. It allows both to be independent.

I don't want either character sacrificed just for the sake of another love story. I don't want them boxed in with limited story potential. Just let them be away from each other but let the connection still be there. Let them both interact separately but realize more and more they still have feelings there and, eventually, find their way together again. It can kind of be a play on the Affair story a bit but with nuJohn. There are many other angles to play. I just want good story. I want something different. I think more general fans will react to that then the same old thing.

I understand J&M fans want what they want and that is fine. I just think there is more that can be done then that and that settling for that is just not good for the show because...then what? Where do J&M go from there? I think you have to open up story for them both individually and as a couple. The romantic adventure angle is getting tired for all the supercouples. Let the young cast take those on with their parents help. I want to see the parents deal with new things. Have Marlena have a career-driven story. Have John investigate his missing years after he was separated from Colleen. Things like that. Have them do some individual things, maybe find some new love interests to interact with and then have them come together. You create more story that way for both them individually and together.

I understand they have a connection and that needs to be used. It is being used. My point is let's not go the same old route. You can tie back into history and put new spins on it. As I said, maybe a play on the affair story only with nuJohn and Marlena. Many current fans fell for them during that story. Remind fans of why J&M are great in the first place. I don't want to see J&M 1998-2007. I want J&M 1986-1997. Both independent characters. Both strong characters. They were in love but weren't too sappy. They were sexy, fun, gripping. I want that back and I think the show can get that dynamic (which I think is their best dynamic) back if it allows both characters to be on their own a bit and then come together. That is one story I think can work at a slower pace in this fast-paced soap climate.

It's bad enough Days has to rely on the same characters over and over to come through for them but continuously going back to the constant romantic adventures and falling in love again stories just isn't going to work. The well is dry on those. The couples are already in love, except nuJohn and Marlena in which case it works but it needs to be about more then that. I know some will argue it's the writers being lazy and so on but it really isn't. Not saying writers aren't lazy but there really is only so much you can do with the same characters over and over. Maybe some out there are interested in the same stories over and over for their faces but I'm not and I believe many others aren't either. That is just as much a reason for the ratings problems for soaps as anything else. I've known some casual viewers who are friends of mine that tune in once and awhile and ask me why Bo and Hope are getting married again or, this goes back a few years, why J&M are reuniting again or why they don't see more real conflict on the show instead of characters going on adventures or facing down a supervillain. I have no answer for that. I just say a good portion of fans want this and they simply laugh. Just for the record, many of the viewers I'm talking about here are women in their mid 30's to late 50's.

Just goes to show you how different many of us are in what we want and don't want from our show. My hope is that when J&M reunite, there is story there because I fear there won't be. I think that is why the show is dragging it's feet. It doesn't know where to go afterwards. I also hope that neither character is sacrificed just to reunite them. Let them have individual lives and stories too, not just couple stories. That is my hope. Off my soapbox now. :laugh:
I'm more opposed to the way they are portraying Marlena to get their story than I am to them breaking them up for the story you mention below, but it seems it doesn't matter what they do to the character as long as they get their story. I just hate an obviously contrived break-up that goes against the core of what I believe about one of my favorite characters. It's obvious that's where the story is going and no amount of discussion is going to change that the writers are going to have Marlena divorce John at a time when his brain may implode, so I'll leave that point alone, painful as it is to the core of J&M as a couple to me.

But to your point of romantic stories. I do think there are more stories that can be told than just the pure romance of a couple getting together. For years, I've wanted them to have the vets in storylines where now that they are settled and happy, they give back to the community. When Steve didn't have a job. I thought him doing something with troubled young people at the waterfront would make sense. Before Kayla was COS, I envisioned her helping out like she did in the early days when she worked at the clinic. John with his millions aiding physically and financially sponsoring the clinic. Of course Marlena helping as a shrink (Forever I've wanted her back in her psychiatrist role!), and finally Bo, Hope, Abe as police would be involved. They could have had them get involved with troubled people, and instead of breaking our couples up, have the love our couples have for each other be used to bring others hope. There would be lots of potential for interesting stories, the vets could interact with each other more and have lots of opportunity for conflict and angst, and it would be a way to get us involved with younger people who could become new characters we'd grow to enjoy and follow. Personally, I'm tired of all the young people being spoiled brats going from couple to couple.

But it seems all the writers want to write, is a couple broken up and put back together. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think there can be more for vets than just breaking them up or using them as props.
And I'm not really referring to J&M in this instance because I never had a problem with them having Marlena divorce John back when he was with Ava given this Pawn situation where John has been totally changed by Stefano. I haven't liked how they portrayed Marlena all year, but John being un-John like and her divorcing him made sense back then. I could see the story that you paint below. I can see it possibly coming now. But they've totally messed up the execution. It should not be occuring now when John is already changing and when he may die. (Man I hate even typing that).

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

My take on this Marlena-John divorce is just to set up a remarrage in the future.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I fucking hate when the writers try to hide the fact that Max and Stephanie are related. Stephanie just walked into the pub and asked Max if he spoke to Caroline. Only, she didn't ask him, "Have you spoken to Grandma Caroline?" No. She goes, "Have you spoken to your mom?" It comes off as forced and ridiculous. It's so annoying.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Stefano and Gianni! :wub2:

Days4Life

ArizonaDaze
Oct 6 2008, 11:54 AM
My take on this Marlena-John divorce is just to set up a remarrage in the future.
I thought the same thing...now they can have a new wedding for February sweeps!

I'm only halfway through the show so I can't comment much yet, except I have to say that dress Sami is wearing is the ugliest, most unflattering garment I've ever seen! The color is bad, the shape is bad, it's all bad. Sami looked better when they were trying to hide Ali's real life baby bump.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Today's show was pretty good!

First off, loved me some Lumi banter! Those two really know how to play off each other and BD really adds some much needed humor and balance to AS when she gets obnoxious.

WTF was Sami wearing though! It was a smock? A tent? She wore a 3X sweater dress with 1970s feathered hair!!! My beautiful girl looked like utter shit! These people win Emmy's for this?
She is in her second trimester and could possibly pull off some normal wear...maybe fitted in the bosom, flowy at the bottom. I am in my second trimester too, and I know there are some decent looking clothes for a woman in her early 30s...and I don't live in the fashion capital, LA. She looked like a grandma! Big thumbs down on her wardrobe, hair and makeup!

Anyways, Sami is dreaming of kissing EJ? Great stuff! Guess that means she is in love with him today! EJ was freaking out about her missing and Lucas called her out on loving EJ and she didn't protest. Dare I think they might go the way of Ejami? Hopes not up.

Phillip and Melanie turned me on for a little while. When he had his did-your-brother-warn-you-to-stay-away-from-me line, I was thinking that maybe Phelanie could work, but Mel started clenching her teeth and reminded me she was 17...not such a good idea! I do think Phillip needs to lose the meek, innocent types (Belle, Chloe) and go for someone with some tude, but since Morgan is gone, not sure I want Philly to try and save someone else with daddy issues.

Must give props to Chelsea today. Still a spoiled brat, but I thought she looked great. The hair was good and she was dressed her age.

Loved me some Stefano opposite Johnny. I wonder if Joe minds those babysitting scenes. He is cute with the kids, and it is nice to see him soften a bit.
Funny that out of all the kids grandparents, Steffie is the only one that seems to want to see his grandkids. When was the last time Kate checked on Ali? Or Roman saw Johnny?

And I think Steffie's jaw dropping reaction to Sami's "what the hell are you doing with my son" in the cemetary was more his reaction to seeing her horrible 70s style than being offended! No shit Steffie knows you are preggers, Sami. You touch your stomach every time he mentions grandkids...oh, and that horrible tent dress.

John and Marlena always make my heart skip a beat when they get angsty romantic. I guess I am hoping that they do divorce, and Marlena dates again and when they get serious, oldJohn comes back. However, I do like NuJohn. I was always a so-so Jarlena fan, but I do root for them to find their way back. They are very passionate, and I love John.

Great show today!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I really like the fact that Lucas is the first person that knows Sami is pregnant. Back in the day, before Lumi ever became Lumi, that's how it would've been. Sami told Lucas everything, and he did the same with her. They're best friends. The last five years of romance ruined them.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Why in the hell would Stefano take Johnny to a cemetery? LOL! Weird!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

And I have to laugh at the fact that the DiMera business, whatever that is exactly, is now legit with board members and CEOs. :lol:

Days4Life

Taking the baby to the cemetery was very strange, and even Stefano seemed to think so; when JM delivered his lines "explaining" it, he was a little awkward with it, like he knew what we would all be thinking! However, I do love him reading "The Art of War" to Johnny. Very cute scene. And Stefano is waaaay too smart to not know Sami is pregnant. In that horrible dress, it was very obvious.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Totally enjoying Sami and Lucas as friends and Lucas helping Sami through the situation...Also liked the Marlena and Kayla scenes..pretty good show, but not very exciting..I'm ready for some big stuff to start happening..

jane1978

Days4Life
Oct 6 2008, 02:48 PM
Taking the baby to the cemetery was very strange, and even Stefano seemed to think so; when JM delivered his lines "explaining" it, he was a little awkward with it, like he knew what we would all be thinking! However, I do love him reading "The Art of War" to Johnny. Very cute scene. And Stefano is waaaay too smart to not know Sami is pregnant. In that horrible dress, it was very obvious.
I think this is a part of fun we can have with the set shortage. The writers are always making some crazy excuses why the appropriate set isnīt used. The cementery looks like a remodeled park set and they obviously didnīt want to change it back just for today because the cementery will still be needed for another Trentīs murder "flashback". But it was pretty funny the way they tried explained how Sami and Stefano could "accidentaly" meet there.

Of course, the most funny thing is the DiMera mansion and the way people shifts in the living room. I always imagine Stefano waiting impatiently upstairs in his room till John or EJ leaves the living room, so he can put out his chess set. ;)
Edited by jane1978, Oct 6 2008, 04:33 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The set thing never seems to bother me except when no attempt is made at explaining it so I'm glad they most of the time make note of it. I really liked last week when EJ mentioned Nicole practically living at the Pub. Sure, Joe may have rolled his eyes at that line explaining why he was at the cemetery but I think it's necessary and I actually think it fit the character. Stefano would want his grandson to know his ancestors and, granted he is quite young, Stefano is also reading the "Art of War" to him so it works. I thought Stefano/Johnny were cute today and really loved the Stefano vs John stuff. I don't mind that Stefano's business has a board because most businesses do. Even businesses run by the mob do. They have various people involved. They just don't often use the term "board" to describe them. Stefano's business needs investors and other funding to be successful. You can't build an empire on family funding alone so of course he has people, perhaps family friends (mob bosses, etc) or something ,that invested in the company. I'm glad they mentioned that. It's realistic and I like the fact that John is seeking the board out to discredit Stefano. Glad the Dimera story is back in the fold.

Kayla/Marlena was very good. I just wish MBE had more to do then this. The J&M scene at the end was very good too. I'm really liking the progression of their story and Marlena using the divorce papers to force him to get medical help, on Kayla's advice.

I really enjoyed Chelsea and Philip. It was nice they had Chelsea mention Morgan and then have her hit him and yell at him. I just wish Stephanie had mentioned her too. I also felt today was the first time in a long time that Melvin was into her performance. When Philip dropped hints about Kate, Chelsea's whole demeanor changed and Melvin rocked it. Her guilt over treating her so badly...her conflict over being mad that she can't be made at Kate now because of what is going on...great writing and acting. Jay did well too. Also glad Philip mentioned Morgan in the beginning. Philip/Melanie was a little too flirty (which leads me to believe Days was toying with the idea of pairing them but with Nadia staying they likely won't now) but I did enjoy their scenes because I love both actors and their characters. Did like Max playing big brother and his treatment of Philip. I like how he handled it. He didn't make Philip out to be that bad but he said enough to serve the purpose. Liked his makeup scene with Melanie

I agree with Drew's point about Stax. The fans know it, the show knows it. If we are stuck with them as a couple, which I no longer mind so much, then just acknowledge their relationship. Having Stephanie call her grandmother Caroline is just stupid. It's her grandma. Let her call her that. This shit has to stop. It's been going on blatantly for too long now and it makes the audience feel like the show is treating them like fools. Hopefully they get the message and cut it out because it's beyond annoying.

Lumi were good again today. Their dynamic is definitely back. They did dress Sami horribly though. My God. It looked like she wrapped up in something. I also wish she would lose the platinum hair. She's had it for awhile now and it just doesn't suit her. I know she will likely keep it now because of being on TBL and all but I don't like it. Ali and Bryan were great today. They have their edge and fire back. I love Lucas knowing Sami's secret. It's like the good old days and they have their zingers back and everything. Nice ending too with Lucas assuming EJ knew the truth already. I did like Sami spazzing out on Stefano and his response and that was a nice way of enhancing her fear by having her find him and Johnny at the cemetery. Of course, Stefano has the sense that something is going on (which Joe played perfectly and the scenes had a chilling feel to them as you could see Sami's dread, especially in her last scene today. Joe and Ali do work well together. EJ/Stefano had some fun scenes as well.

Not a bad way to start the week.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

madelinehawaii
Oct 5 2008, 07:24 PM
Ellie
Oct 5 2008, 04:34 PM
DrewHamilton

I think John and Marlena have always (or almost always) been written as having an underlying connection that supersedes anything else. Though it may sound sappy, the writing for them has long suggested that something 'otherworldly' is drawing them to each other. I don't think John's having a new personality would change that. The part of the current story which makes the least sense to me is that Marlena is not being written as caring enough about John to try anything other than yearning for a computer disk to bring him back. It's like, since the disk is broken, she's ready to say goodbye to the man who she's loved for years.

Ideally, in my mind, the story would have gone as follows: Marlena tries all she can to help John regain his memory. In the process, she falls in love with the "new John". Then, John does get his memory back, and she realizes she's loved the same man all along, no matter what his personality.
this is probably in large part the reason I got tired of John with Marlena...the idea that it was inevitable and no one or thing, even the devil could keep them apart. I didn't find that romantic (which I'm sure is simply my own flaw lol) but over time that connection thing has stagnated into something extremely predictable. I realize love is to some degree a mystery...why we fall for one person and not another and what keeps us together, but one's personality and past still have something to do with that and the idea that two people can't fall out of love or lose their connection seems to me rather like suggesting that people don't die. Loss is as much a part of life as love and the latter wouldn't mean much without the possibility of the former.
A lot of my problem is that they've been so predictible they're gone stale. I think we all know Jawn is going to return to John & Marlena will gasp her way back to him.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 6 2008, 06:22 PM
I don't mind that Stefano's business has a board because most businesses do. Even businesses run by the mob do. They have various people involved. They just don't often use the term "board" to describe them. Stefano's business needs investors and other funding to be successful. You can't build an empire on family funding alone so of course he has people, perhaps family friends (mob bosses, etc) or something ,that invested in the company. I'm glad they mentioned that. It's realistic and I like the fact that John is seeking the board out to discredit Stefano. Glad the Dimera story is back in the fold.
Tim, this comes off as no offense intended, but that's one of the biggest spins I've heard you give this show to date. Come on now. Are you really going to tell me that you weren't slightly thinking "WTF?!" at Stefano discussing the board members and CEOs of a DiMera business, we still know nothing about, that is and has always been an underground crime organization. When I think of the DiMera business, I think of a mob. I think of underground crime. I think of Stefano meeting with people at the mansion, discussing what they're going to do and then his men going out and getting the job done. I do not think of board rooms and charts and someone being appointed CEO making decisions in a fairly fashion. Come on! That's ridiculous to even spin that way.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 6 2008, 06:22 PM
I agree with Drew's point about Stax. The fans know it, the show knows it. If we are stuck with them as a couple, which I no longer mind so much, then just acknowledge their relationship. Having Stephanie call her grandmother Caroline is just stupid. It's her grandma. Let her call her that. This shit has to stop. It's been going on blatantly for too long now and it makes the audience feel like the show is treating them like fools. Hopefully they get the message and cut it out because it's beyond annoying.
She didn't call her Caroline, did she? I only heard her refer to Caroline as "your mom" when talking to Max. No one would've said that if the person you're referring to is also your grandmother. You would say "Grandma so and so..."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply