Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; For the week of October 6, 2008
Topic Started: Oct 5 2008, 02:00 AM (5,205 Views)
Days4Life

Stephanie always refers to Caroline as "your mom" when she's talking to Max, and it drives me crazy. It's like the show is FORCING me to FF the Stax scenes!

I can't figure out why all of a sudden the Dimeras have a board, unless they just want to re-use the boardroom set they used for Lexie's hearing. It's random and annoying and stupid. In no way can I imagine Stefano Dimera answering to a Board of Directors...it's ridiculous! Come on, Dena...you're actually writing some good shows lately...don't ruin it now with crazy stuff like this!

After suffering through the Chan fiasco, I am so nervous about these scenes with Melanie and Philip. Surely TPTB are not thinking of going that route, but I don't trust them. She's way too young and immature for a rich, successful, 30ish businessman like Philip, but I said the same thing about Chelsea and Daniel and look what happened. I'm probably going to have nightmares about this now. That and Sami's dress and hair. There were some really scary things on the show today.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Oct 6 2008, 08:29 PM
PhoenixRising05
Oct 6 2008, 06:22 PM
I agree with Drew's point about Stax. The fans know it, the show knows it. If we are stuck with them as a couple, which I no longer mind so much, then just acknowledge their relationship. Having Stephanie call her grandmother Caroline is just stupid. It's her grandma. Let her call her that. This shit has to stop. It's been going on blatantly for too long now and it makes the audience feel like the show is treating them like fools. Hopefully they get the message and cut it out because it's beyond annoying.
She didn't call her Caroline, did she? I only heard her refer to Caroline as "your mom" when talking to Max. No one would've said that if the person you're referring to is also your grandmother. You would say "Grandma so and so..."
I went back and watched again and it was "your mom." I guess it's just as bad as Caroline though. Either way, it's stupid.

I see what your saying in regards to the whole board thing, Drew but I have to disagree. Even the mob has a "board" shall we say. I'm not a Soprano fan but for those that watch that show, they can tell you Tony always held meetings to discuss how to handle business. Most of the time it's mostly family in the meetings but Stefano doesn't exactly have alot of family so it may be comprised of perhaps friends of his or allies. Most businesses, even ones that aren't legit, have other people as perhaps investors or merely invested parties. I mean, it is a shipping company so maybe the people they are serving help keep it alive or are this "board" Stefano speaks of. He only mentioned the board and himself being CEO. That doesn't necessarily mean it's like Titan or something like that. It could just be people he is in business with. Stefano used to own stock in Titan back in the late 90's so he has been legit in the past. Victor is considered legit yet he still participates in shady dealings.

I guess I'm in the minority but I didn't seen it as an issue but I do thank you, Drew, for the way you put your post. I appreciate that. Also, I just want to add that I really hope people don't continue to see some of my views as spin because that is not my intention at all. I don't work for the show and it doesn't matter to me if people disagree or if they like someone like I do. I just post my view on whatever the issue is. I mean, I don't even sit here and think of my thoughts. i just post what is on my mind and spin requires a certain amount of effort and specific wording. I don't set out to make excuses for the show. It may come off like that but it's not intended. It's probably as simple as me being in the minority and being too positive and so on. :laugh:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

^ I get what you're saying, Tim, but even if that's the case, with the mob having a "board" you would never hear Tony Soprano refer to the men that help him run his crime dealings as the board of directors or a CEO. That's ridiculous and makes whatever it is that the DiMera business is about sound like a legit company and it's not.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Oct 6 2008, 11:46 PM
^ I get what you're saying, Tim, but even if that's the case, with the mob having a "board" you would never hear Tony Soprano refer to the men that help him run his crime dealings as the board of directors or a CEO. That's ridiculous and makes whatever it is that the DiMera business is about sound like a legit company and it's not.
Perhaps but Stefano is technically the CEO. I mean, it's his company, just like Victor is a CEO of his and that goes all the way back to pre-Titan days. I mean, maybe they should've said "Board of Investors" or something. He did say just "board" so it's open to interpretation either way. The wording could be better but I got the gist of it. I don't blame anyone for taking issue with it. Just didn't bother me.

It will probably lead to nothing anyway. I think they have this Dimera empire story in a holding pattern until the other stories reach a certain point.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 6 2008, 11:50 PM
Perhaps but Stefano is technically the CEO. I mean, it's his company, just like Victor is a CEO of his and that goes all the way back to pre-Titan days. I mean, maybe they should've said "Board of Investors" or something. He did say just "board" so it's open to interpretation either way. The wording could be better but I got the gist of it. I don't blame anyone for taking issue with it. Just didn't bother me.

It will probably lead to nothing anyway. I think they have this Dimera empire story in a holding pattern until the other stories reach a certain point.
But he's not. At least that's not how it came off today when Stefano was discussing this. He refered to the CEO as someone other than himself.

They shouldn't have said board of anything. That makes it sound too legit to be about organized crime dealings.

I like detail and dialogue, and I pay attention that stuff because that's, in a sense, what makes the episodes good from day to day. If you have good dialogue, for me, even if the story sucks, I'll be hooked in and watch because at least I can understand and believe what I'm watching.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Oct 6 2008, 11:53 PM
PhoenixRising05
Oct 6 2008, 11:50 PM

But he's not. At least that's not how it came off today when Stefano was discussing this. He refered to the CEO as someone other than himself.

They shouldn't have said board of anything. That makes it sound too legit to be about organized crime dealings.

I like detail and dialogue, and I pay attention that stuff because that's, in a sense, what makes the episodes good from day to day. If you have good dialogue, for me, even if the story sucks, I'll be hooked in and watch because at least I can understand and believe what I'm watching.
I'm with you on that. I enjoy the little things and dialogue too. That is why I often enjoy the show when many don't.

Stefano mentioned that John was polling the board on the idea of having a NEW CEO. I took that to mean Stefano was the CEO, which he should be. A couple of weeks ago Stefano mentioned in a scene with John that John was trying to have him declaring incompetent in court so he could keep hold of the empire. That plays here in that John is trying to show he is the better choice for CEO while Stefano isn't due to his coma. I think John even alluded to that in his phone call today. Now we have Stefano about to try to discredit him.

I can see why you have an issue with it but I guess maybe it's because I view the Dimera organization as somewhat legit. They do have a shipping line that is in use. John was conducting that business and at war with Philip so that legitimizes it in my view. Like Victor, things are legit on the surface but underground they are not. They are both heads of crime organizations and it's the crime and underground angle that makes them not legit but they also conduct legitimate business too, like the shipping aspect. I mean, it has to be legit or how else could there even be a battle for it and why else would EJ be pursuing legal paths to solve the problem? In Stefano's will (and I even think this goes back to 2002, not sure), it even made the business come off as legit in the sense that it does business above ground too. The Dimera organization, in my mind, has always had both a legit and not so legit side, much like Kiriakis, and that goes back to the inception of both families in the 80's. I've definitely seen enough in the past 20 years to suggest that to be the case.

Having said all that, I understand where your coming from and don't blame you or anyone for not liking it. I do agree it could've been handled a bit better.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Then it comes down to us agreeing to disagree when it comes to whether the DiMera business is legit or not. I don't think it is and you do. Oh well.

Kyrai

DrewHamilton
Oct 7 2008, 12:14 AM
Then it comes down to us agreeing to disagree when it comes to whether the DiMera business is legit or not. I don't think it is and you do. Oh well.
For what it's worth, I just don't buy it either.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

For God's sake Nicole, show some dignity!

Nicole Walker

She did. She walked away. I loved her today and I loved that she just wants John's friendship even when he offered her money. She's the only one whose not playing games and is honest about her feelings. I hope she finds happiness soon.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Oct 7 2008, 01:16 PM.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

Nicole today... wow! Ari knocked it out of the park! I did something today that I haven't done while watching Days in so long, I can't even remember the last time... I shed tears.

The scenes between Nicole and EJ were great. When she turned back to face him toward the end of their scene and she had those tears on her cheeks, I could feel her pain. I think one of the best moves that Days has done in the past year or so is to bring Ari back to Days. She had moving scenes with John too. I hope this puts the arguement of Nicole only being in it for the money to rest. John offered her money, no strings, and she turned him down only wanting his friendship. Great stuff!

Sami and Lucas were really good to watch as well. No screaming or yelling. I loved how Lucas reminded Sami of how their days of hidden agenda's were behind them. I'm glad that she has a friend in Lucas.

I wonder which pregnancy EJ is going to find out about first :tounge:

pspcindy
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Oct 7 2008, 12:32 PM
That ship sailed in the elevator when EJ cried out "Oh Samantha" and she still screwed him.

peaches179

pspcindy
Oct 7 2008, 04:12 PM
OneBadKitty
That ship sailed in the elevator when EJ cried out "Oh Samantha" and she still screwed him.

LOL!!!

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

pspcindy
OneBadKitty

LOL! :laugh:

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

pspcindy
OneBadKitty

That'll preach, Cindy!! :rockon:

I'm sorry, and I don't mean to offend any Nicole lovers, but for me, today I thought Nicole was pathetic, and she really didn't look so good.

I want to add that I really like the character of Nicole, but how they've portrayed her this go around, isn't the Nicole I remember. Wish they'd bring her back!! :wave:

Alligato
Member Avatar

For some reason, I pityed EJ today.
He has these two high strung women...both have something really important to tell him, yet neither do. THat would drive me crazy. He looks like he is going out of his mind.

You can tell he is in love with Sami, but she won't give him the time of day lately...doesn't respect him enough to trust him with her news.
Then Nicole is in love with him, says she wants to be with him, yet he just can't commit to her. I don't blame him. They haven't had a date yet...don't really know each other. You can see he is trying to be gracious.

Sucks to be EJ right now. I hate that he is caught between these crazy women. I think I am just tired of this story already. Nicole has been trying to get EJ to commit to her for weeks now, and while he gives her a little hope, she needs to just move on with baby. Tell him, then move on.

Didn't have much sympathy for her today, but Ari is an excellent actress. Love her friendship with John. Too bad they don't have a chance.

Loved Lumi today....but really couldn't enjoy it too much because Sami looks like utter shit again. Their yellow hair, the orange skin, the hooker makeup, the sweater dress and the feathered style...don't do her any favors. I think it kills me because I think of her as such a pretty woman. When she was playing Johnny's mom, she looked plain and simple and gorgeous!!

BTW, Johnny looked just like EJ. Hot!!! How come Sami's dreams don't include EJ's influence in Johnny's life? I thought for sure that Sami would try to convince Lucas to play her baby's daddy, but I don't think Lucas will go there. I just been loving me some NuLucas lately.

Loved John and Marlena. They can be pretty hot when they want to be, even when John is sucking face.
And I don't know what it is, but Stefano isn't very intimidating right now. It could be because he has been on babysitting duty, or that he is being civil with John, but I like it. He is coming off more human that devil incarnate.

Really liked today's show.

Nicole Walker

"Im sorry, and I don't mean to offend any Nicole lovers, but for me, today I thought Nicole was pathetic, and she really didn't look so good"

None taken. I'm proud of my Nicole. I just hope the writers keep it up and let her stick to her guns.

I loved the John and Nicole scenes. I swear when he said "I have lots of money" I was rollin. The expression on John's face was hilarious. I love nuJohn. Anyways, I'm glad Nicole is trying to figure things out and just want John's friendship she's gonna need it especially moving into that crazy house. I hope she leaves as soon as she can though. Maybe even work with John. Will he ever go back to Basic Black?
Edited by Nicole Walker, Oct 7 2008, 05:31 PM.

Kyrai

Alligato
Oct 7 2008, 04:53 PM
For some reason, I pityed EJ today.
He has these two high strung women...both have something really important to tell him, yet neither do. THat would drive me crazy. He looks like he is going out of his mind.

You can tell he is in love with Sami, but she won't give him the time of day lately...doesn't respect him enough to trust him with her news.
Then Nicole is in love with him, says she wants to be with him, yet he just can't commit to her. I don't blame him. They haven't had a date yet...don't really know each other. You can see he is trying to be gracious.

Sucks to be EJ right now. I hate that he is caught between these crazy women. I think I am just tired of this story already. Nicole has been trying to get EJ to commit to her for weeks now, and while he gives her a little hope, she needs to just move on with baby. Tell him, then move on.

Didn't have much sympathy for her today, but Ari is an excellent actress. Love her friendship with John. Too bad they don't have a chance.

Loved Lumi today....but really couldn't enjoy it too much because Sami looks like utter shit again. Their yellow hair, the orange skin, the hooker makeup, the sweater dress and the feathered style...don't do her any favors. I think it kills me because I think of her as such a pretty woman. When she was playing Johnny's mom, she looked plain and simple and gorgeous!!

BTW, Johnny looked just like EJ. Hot!!! How come Sami's dreams don't include EJ's influence in Johnny's life? I thought for sure that Sami would try to convince Lucas to play her baby's daddy, but I don't think Lucas will go there. I just been loving me some NuLucas lately.

Loved John and Marlena. They can be pretty hot when they want to be, even when John is sucking face.
And I don't know what it is, but Stefano isn't very intimidating right now. It could be because he has been on babysitting duty, or that he is being civil with John, but I like it. He is coming off more human that devil incarnate.

Really liked today's show.
I felt bad for Ej too, and I think you captured why. He seems to be in a terrible no win position. Not that he didn't ask for it, but I still find myself feeling sorry for him and don't really like either woman with him right now.

I felt bad for Nicole too. I can't figure out if tptb played upon my feelings for John and got me to want her to be a sweet sympathetic person or if I'm just liking her as a sweet sympathetic person. When she said being 'good' was not worth it, I thought 'oooo, she will go back to being the fun loving shallow woman I love!', and realized now I like her vulnerable and genuinely reflective. I liked how she's willing to raise her child on her own, isn't as concerned about losing Vic's money, and even turned down John's genuine offer. She seems to changing inside, maturing. I still don't like her coupled with EJ, but I want to see her develop this strong independent, 'gonna make it on my own' side. The Mary Tyler Moore theme should be playing. I did feel bad for her, but I also think as a person this could make her stronger (just in time for Brady's return!). I'm gonna miss her shallow too though if they keep going this way. Darn, the writers did throw me a curveball. If they turn her into Kristen next, I'm gonna be ticked. Though Ari could probably pull it off.

Sami just annoyed me. Lucas is better than he's been, but he's still too bossy when it comes to telling EJ for her. That's just not his call.

Loved John today. He really got to me. I feel so bad for him struggling to be what Marlena wants. He manages to wring the emotion out of me when he struggles to talk to Marlena from his heart like he did today. Drake and Deidre just have so much chemistry. I loved it when she wouldn't go upstairs and he said, ok but they'd have more interruptions down there, lol. Seems like he must remember at least some of what Stefano and Rolf did to him as much as he hates hospitals. (Makes me cringe at how they kept him locked up in one early on).

I can't imagine anyone playing Stefano like JM, he's just wonderful. I just love how upset he still is over what Marlena has done to him after ALL he has done to her and John over the years. He just makes me smile when he sounds so outraged that someone could do something to him for a change. On the other hand, it's such a crime that Stefano is finally getting what he always wanted. John, a shadow of the man he was, fighting for his life back, and Marlena giving up on him. Breaks my heart when I think back over all J&M have endured over the years. Again, I just totally disagree with how the writers are writing Marlena. Makes me just sick to see them demolish the woman I've enjoyed for so many years to get them separated. I accept they're set on doing it for whatever they have planned, but it takes away from an otherwise very good episode for me. I'm glad they are at least showing her care enough to ask EJ for help when she happens to run into him.

Where the heck is Anna? Why hasn't EJ seen her? Has Stefano done something to Tanna!?

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
i'm confused by this statement. did you watch the whole show? she walked away from ej, told john she didnt want to have anything to do with him, and then refused john's offer of money. that's more dignity and maturity than i've seen from a female days character in months.

Alligato
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Oct 7 2008, 08:01 PM
OneBadKitty
i'm confused by this statement. did you watch the whole show? she walked away from ej, told john she didnt want to have anything to do with him, and then refused john's offer of money. that's more dignity and maturity than i've seen from a female days character in months.
I agree, luvn!
I am just happy that there is one person on this show who knows what she wants and is honest about it. She laid it on the line. I can only wish Sami would have the balls that Nicole has.
Nicole says that she can handle Stefano when the time comes, says she will find a way to make it work, refuses money from John and asks him to be a friend! I am impressed.
I don't understand why people have a problem with her. I really don't.

Again, I only wish Sami would stop being afraid of Stefano and grow a pair, and tell EJ the truth, and instead of taking days to figure out how to tell EJ/if to tell EJ, be honest, stop playing games and handle your own business. If you want EJ to want you with or without the baby...open your damn eyes!!!
I don't know what is wrong with Sami!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply