Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; For the week of October 6, 2008
Topic Started: Oct 5 2008, 02:00 AM (4,925 Views)
Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

DrewHamilton
Oct 8 2008, 02:17 PM
^ I would have rather seen this stuff happen, rather than it occuring off-screen, and then have him come on drunk as a skunk and having the audience scratching their heads and wondering if they missed something.
IA. It's one of the big problems with the writing now and this is a classic example. They actually did this very thing with Chelsea months ago (heh, maybe Chick are meant to be) when she was too drunk to be operated on since she was a match. If I remember correctly, we had Chelsea the episode before telling Nick how much she wanted to be a donor for her dad, to then picking pu with her at a bar drunk and Kate finding her. There was nothing to explain how Chelsea got from point A to a desperate point B and risk her father's life like that.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kyrai

Days4Life
Oct 8 2008, 02:13 PM
My head is starting to hurt from trying to figure out the motivations of all these characters. It would be nice if the writers would do their jobs properly and then we would know what everyone is thinking, feeling, etc. and it would be consistent and make sense. It almost makes me nostalgic for the old days, when everyone talked to themselves all the time.
Icam. It often makes my head hurt trying to figure out the show these days.

Nicole Walker

luvpumpkns
Oct 8 2008, 01:26 PM
Nicole Dimera
Oct 8 2008, 01:05 PM
They are really making Sami look very stupid here. It just makes no sense unless she tries to pass the baby off as Lucas child and somehow talks him into it.
she pretty much took the cake for stupidity today. what was believable about her line to lucas saying she doesn't know how ej feels about her? two days ago, he flat-out told her he wanted to be with her. she is either hopelessly retarded, or she is playing lucas like a fiddle so he'll agree to pretend to be the father of her baby. the latter is the only thing that makes sense to me right now, again considering ej's statements to her monday.
LMAO. All I can do is laugh.

Days4Life

For a genius, Max is pretty dumb. Why didn't he get rid of that shirt?

Wardrobe must have thought Chloe was gone for good and given her clothes to Stephanie. That was some dress, although since she doesn't have Chloe's assets, the low cut wasn't overly trashy. Sami still looks awful; she traded one ugly dress for another and the scarf just didn't work. Hair and makeup aren't so good either. What happened? Last week, when Sami and EJ had their little resume writing scene, I was thinking of how pretty she looked and now this week...wow!

Wonder why they are making Lucas so likable? It makes me suspicious when the most likable character on the show today is Lucas...who I normally can't stand. And this DUI for Nick seems random. What's the point...just to make him seem like a criminal? So he can talk to Maggie about Chelsea? So he can lose his job and move into the Dimera mansion or the Brady Pub? What?

Nicole Walker

I never bought Max was a genius. LOL.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Oct 8 2008, 03:01 PM.

faithloveright
Member Avatar

I actually think that the reason why Sami told Lucus that she wasnt' sure that EJ wanted her was because she has never known unconditional love and doesn't trust it to last. Besides the fact that even after she told EJ that she wanted to try to explore things between them in the stairwell, he is out dating Nicole. She thinks that she has lost him to Nicole the same way that she lost Lucus and Austin to Nicole because whenever Nicole has decided to get in the way of her happiness in the past, she has ALWAYS succeeded. Why would she think that this time would be any different when EJ is pretty much proving that it isn't by dating the woman??? And yelling at her that if she weren't so fickle he would not be seeing anyone but her, she doesn't hear that he wants to be with her, she hears that she's waited too long and it's too late. This is showing Sami's insecurities where love is concerned. I for one applaud the writers for actually writing her to character instead of having her just shrug it off and risk everything to tell him when he might very well turn her away.

Alligato
Member Avatar

faithloveright
Oct 8 2008, 03:30 PM
Besides the fact that even after she told EJ that she wanted to try to explore things between them in the stairwell, he is out dating Nicole.
I don't remember Sami saying anything in the stairwell other than their night Lucas caught them was a mistake and she can't take it back, and her big hopeful line was "anything is possible".
After those scenes, we haven't seen much Sami/EJ interaction other than Sami losing her mind when Lucas wanted joint custody...and little games when EJ didn't take her side.

And EJ told Sami that Nicole wasn't his girlfriend. So I really don't see why Sami has any question that EJ still wants her. He ran out on his date to see her, and all she can see is that he was on a date.

The Sami that I know and lovein character doesn't waffle, doesn't whine around questioning whether some guy likes her...she goes out and get what she wants. Wouldn't matter if Nicole was in the way.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Fuzzy
Oct 8 2008, 01:08 PM
ArizonaDaze
Oct 8 2008, 12:54 PM
Yes, EJ has stood up to Stefano regarding Johnny in the past, but what is up with Stefano getting to read to BOTH twins, taking Johnny out for a walk (in a cemetery no less). If Sami is so terrified for her babies and the new one, get them the hell out of the mansion.
How is she supposed to do that? She said she wanted to leave. But right now she has no money. No job. No job prospects. She's pregnant. And EJ told her that if she left, he would sue for custody of Johnny.
You are absolutely right about Sami having no prospects and EJ threatening custody of Johnny. I wish they had her find a job before the pregnancy stuff, but I guess Sami will never get a job. I still think Lucas may bail her out. EJ shouldn't be able to sue for custody just because she wants to move out of the mansion. Doesn't mean that he can't see Johnny whenever he wants. With the way all characters involved have been written as waffling back and forth, who knows were this will all lead.

Nicole Walker

Lucas can always help Sami get a job at Titan probably when Victor dies. I think he still despises Sami but I can't remember why he didn't like her.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Oct 8 2008, 03:43 PM.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

faithloveright
Oct 8 2008, 03:30 PM
I actually think that the reason why Sami told Lucus that she wasnt' sure that EJ wanted her was because she has never known unconditional love and doesn't trust it to last. Besides the fact that even after she told EJ that she wanted to try to explore things between them in the stairwell, he is out dating Nicole. She thinks that she has lost him to Nicole the same way that she lost Lucus and Austin to Nicole because whenever Nicole has decided to get in the way of her happiness in the past, she has ALWAYS succeeded. Why would she think that this time would be any different when EJ is pretty much proving that it isn't by dating the woman??? And yelling at her that if she weren't so fickle he would not be seeing anyone but her, she doesn't hear that he wants to be with her, she hears that she's waited too long and it's too late. This is showing Sami's insecurities where love is concerned. I for one applaud the writers for actually writing her to character instead of having her just shrug it off and risk everything to tell him when he might very well turn her away.
Sami has certainly known unconditional love. Just look at everything Lucas did for her, including giving her a divorce. And her family (although they scold her when she fucks up) has never disowned her. They have always forgiven her in the end.

And we need to be honest, with all the things that Sami has done, it is pretty hard to love her unconditionally. :tounge:

I still don't think Sami has ever loved EJ. The only person standing in the way of EJami right now is Sami. If she really wanted to be with him, she could be. I just don't think she does really want to be with him. I don't think she really views Nicole as much of a threat either, simply because there is nothing there to threaten. Sami seems to be in the mode of... I don't want him, but I don't want anyone else to have him either.

I still hope the writers keep her away from being romantically attached to anyone for awhile.

Days4Life

Alligato
Oct 8 2008, 03:38 PM

The Sami that I know and lovein character doesn't waffle, doesn't whine around questioning whether some guy likes her...she goes out and get what she wants. Wouldn't matter if Nicole was in the way.
Exactly. And if Nicole was in the way, she would just mow her down. Nothing got between Sami and what she wanted. I miss that Sami!

d_sand
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Oct 7 2008, 10:06 PM
This is what i've been observing on some boards. You have some people that hate Nicole because she got involved with EJ. Some of them don't want NIcole to walk away from this in a good light. They want her to become a psycho or be desperate so they can have something to trash about her since she hasn't done anything really bad since her return. Some say they don't like how Nicole is written now and that she's not the same Nicole and I agree. That's why I like her evolving. Do you remember the Brady/Chloe thing? She was written horribly and she was actually written very weak. This time around is refreshing instead of doing what she did before, she's handling this situation differently as well as her pregnancy and I think this is shocking some people who were hoping she'd be this nasty manipulative person who uses her pregnancy to snag EJ. So far that's not happening and I don't think it will with the way she's being written. Her perspective on life is becoming different as you can tell from her conversations with John. Right now it just shows that she's learning from her mistakes slowly but surely. She's not perfect and never will be but she's making an effort not to go down the same destructive path she did before and I hope it remains that way.

Some don't want to see her get herself together. They claim they want her to be a smartazz drunk or how she was before but at the same time they bash her for it and it's because she was with EJ. Like when Nicole called the cops she got bashed for it but the same ones claimed they wanted the old Nicole back well that was a glimpse of her, when Nicole found out she was preggers the first thing I read was that Nicole shouldn't be a mother she's a drunk, she's this, she's that yet they claim that's the Nicole they wanted back but bash her for it.

For some, as long as she is around EJ, Nicole has to be the bad guy, let's nitpick at everything to find some way to bash her. They want EJ to see her as this horrible person(he's no better) when really she's just loving EJ. She's not being nasty or mean to him or manipulating him into something he doesn't want to do. She simply have feelings for the guy and has the gall to admit it and put it out there on the line and risk being rejected. She really wanted to get it right this time and since EJ refuses to give her an honest and direct answer like a man, she left as she should. So I hope things stay the way they are as far as Nicole coming to her senses.

Then you have those that just hate Nicole period because of what she did in the past and that I can understand. Nicole did some nasty things in her past that some people can't forgive her for and I can't say that they should just forget it just like I can't get over what EJ did to Sami inorder to support EJami.
First of all, let me say that I am an Ejami fan.

Next....I just want to say that you are the first poster I have read (okay, folks, I'm new to this board) who really likes Nicole AND makes a really good case for her character. When I read your post, I started to get it.

It helps that I do think that Ari is a very, very good actress. And it helps that I think she is attractive, and therefore, easy for me to watch.

But...I am not switching camps. I can just better understand, based on your post, how some fans view Nicole. I really can't stand to read the Ejole posts at the nbc board. Ari/Nicole's fans there seem so, um, young. And so, um, stupid. Your post was intelligent and I got it.

I think the problem for Ejami fans is that to us, Ejami is just so incredibly special, and we've been tortured for so incredibly long, that ANYTHING or ANY character that gets in the way of EJami is going to piss us off. I believe a lot of us Ejami fans relate to Sami. At least I know that I do. I relate to Sami as being a good soul, but a seriously flawed character. I relate to her as being her own worst enemy, so often unable to get out of her own way in her attempts at getting what she wants. So I, and others like me, are protective of Sami.

And EJ is HERS, dammit. :frustration:

I will admit, for me, it's sport to bash Nicole. Even though I like Ari...and actually like the character of Nicole. I guess, like EJ, for me it's....complicated.
:$

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

mesagirl
Oct 8 2008, 04:47 PM
I still don't think Sami has ever loved EJ. The only person standing in the way of EJami right now is Sami. If she really wanted to be with him, she could be. I just don't think she does really want to be with him. I don't think she really views Nicole as much of a threat either, simply because there is nothing there to threaten. Sami seems to be in the mode of... I don't want him, but I don't want anyone else to have him either.

I still hope the writers keep her away from being romantically attached to anyone for awhile.
I absolutely could not agree more. Sami has been free to have EJ if she wants him for how long now? And what obstacles are in their way exactly? She's not married to anyone else, he's not married to anyone else. For me, it all comes down to the fact that I 100% believe that Sami does not love EJ and never has, and I also 100% believe that EJ's feelings for Sami were obsession and not love. The only conversations between EJami that I have been interested in at all since the beginning of this year have been when EJ was telling Sami he was through with her. I believe him. I don't think he loves her. I don't see it, at all. I see no chemistry, no spark, no attraction. I was bored and irritated when they had sex in May and I used to be an EJami fan. Now I'm even more bored and irritated that EJ had a chance to move on from the overbleached harpy and instead they saddled him and me with a fourth Sami baby who is totally unnecessary and for me totally unwanted.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

d_sand
Oct 8 2008, 05:53 PM
I really can't stand to read the Ejole posts at the nbc board. Ari/Nicole's fans there seem so, um, young. And so, um, stupid. Your post was intelligent and I got it.

wha? i post over there in support of nicole all the time. i guess we don't see the same things, either that, or you find my level of discourse below you. in that case, we will have to agree to disagree.

i agree with the person that you quoted that some will hate nicole no matter what she does. when she first came on, all i heard from the ejami camp is that nicole was going to whirl into town, trick ej and hurt sami in some horrible way. that hasn't happened. as soon as her character begin to take on maturity and responsiblity, she's blasted for not being in character, when really, the ejami fans were waiting with bated breath for her to revert to her old self--so they could roundly bash her for it. so you see, no matter what nicole does, the ejami fans will hate her. i understand part of that is being protective of sami, and that is fine. but a lot of ejole fans, such as myself, are just plain ej fans, and we're sick of the way sami treats him. so as much as you want to defend her and relate to her, i, in turn, despise her and love nothing better than persecuting her for her BS.

Nicole Walker

Quote:

I really can't stand to read the Ejole posts at the nbc board. Ari/Nicole's fans there seem so, um, young. And so, um, stupid. Your post was intelligent and I got it.

I was actually enjoying your post until you made that remark. I post at NBC all the time. :lol:

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

I frequently used to make pro-Ejole posts at the NBC board and I considered them fairly eloquent. I have seen others do the same, so I disagree that Ari/Nicole fans there are young and stupid. I am young, but not stupid by any stretch

Fuzzy

luvpumpkns
Oct 8 2008, 06:05 PM
d_sand

wha? i post over there in support of nicole all the time. i guess we don't see the same things, either that, or you find my level of discourse below you. in that case, we will have to agree to disagree.

i agree with the person that you quoted that some will hate nicole no matter what she does. when she first came on, all i heard from the ejami camp is that nicole was going to whirl into town, trick ej and hurt sami in some horrible way. that hasn't happened. as soon as her character begin to take on maturity and responsiblity, she's blasted for not being in character, when really, the ejami fans were waiting with bated breath for her to revert to her old self--so they could roundly bash her for it. so you see, no matter what nicole does, the ejami fans will hate her. i understand part of that is being protective of sami, and that is fine. but a lot of ejole fans, such as myself, are just plain ej fans, and we're sick of the way sami treats him. so as much as you want to defend her and relate to her, i, in turn, despise her and love nothing better than persecuting her for her BS.
Well, I can only speak for myself, but I've hated Nicole for a really long time. Since she married Lucas and helped him get custody of Will to be precise. I hated the way she treated Will after that. But when she evicted Greta from her apartment for sheer spite--I think it's the most I've ever hated a character on a soap. Greta never did anything to Nicole except lose Eric to her.

That said, it's a soap. And I could forgive Nicole if she took responsibility for her actions. If she actually cared about the effect she'd had on other people's lives. That's the way they used to write redemption stories. I realize that Taylor and Greta are off the show. But I haven't seen her apologize to Lucas, Sami, Victor, Philip, Marlena, or any of the other people she hurt when she was being evil. I realize that a lot of these people hurt her too. And with Victor at least, she's as much sinned against as sinning. But what about Chloe? She never apologized. And now they're best friends? That's not redemption. That's white washing. And it drives me nuts.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

d_sand
Nicole Dimera
This is what i've been observing on some boards. You have some people that hate Nicole because she got involved with EJ. Some of them don't want NIcole to walk away from this in a good light. They want her to become a psycho or be desperate so they can have something to trash about her since she hasn't done anything really bad since her return. Some say they don't like how Nicole is written now and that she's not the same Nicole and I agree. That's why I like her evolving. Do you remember the Brady/Chloe thing? She was written horribly and she was actually written very weak. This time around is refreshing instead of doing what she did before, she's handling this situation differently as well as her pregnancy and I think this is shocking some people who were hoping she'd be this nasty manipulative person who uses her pregnancy to snag EJ. So far that's not happening and I don't think it will with the way she's being written. Her perspective on life is becoming different as you can tell from her conversations with John. Right now it just shows that she's learning from her mistakes slowly but surely. She's not perfect and never will be but she's making an effort not to go down the same destructive path she did before and I hope it remains that way.

Some don't want to see her get herself together. They claim they want her to be a smartazz drunk or how she was before but at the same time they bash her for it and it's because she was with EJ. Like when Nicole called the cops she got bashed for it but the same ones claimed they wanted the old Nicole back well that was a glimpse of her, when Nicole found out she was preggers the first thing I read was that Nicole shouldn't be a mother she's a drunk, she's this, she's that yet they claim that's the Nicole they wanted back but bash her for it.

For some, as long as she is around EJ, Nicole has to be the bad guy, let's nitpick at everything to find some way to bash her. They want EJ to see her as this horrible person(he's no better) when really she's just loving EJ. She's not being nasty or mean to him or manipulating him into something he doesn't want to do. She simply have feelings for the guy and has the gall to admit it and put it out there on the line and risk being rejected. She really wanted to get it right this time and since EJ refuses to give her an honest and direct answer like a man, she left as she should. So I hope things stay the way they are as far as Nicole coming to her senses.

Then you have those that just hate Nicole period because of what she did in the past and that I can understand. Nicole did some nasty things in her past that some people can't forgive her for and I can't say that they should just forget it just like I can't get over what EJ did to Sami inorder to support EJami.

Next....I just want to say that you are the first poster I have read (okay, folks, I'm new to this board) who really likes Nicole AND makes a really good case for her character. When I read your post, I started to get it.

It helps that I do think that Ari is a very, very good actress. And it helps that I think she is attractive, and therefore, easy for me to watch.

But...I am not switching camps. I can just better understand, based on your post, how some fans view Nicole. I really can't stand to read the Ejole posts at the nbc board. Ari/Nicole's fans there seem so, um, young. And so, um, stupid. Your post was intelligent and I got it.

I think the problem for Ejami fans is that to us, Ejami is just so incredibly special, and we've been tortured for so incredibly long, that ANYTHING or ANY character that gets in the way of EJami is going to piss us off. I believe a lot of us Ejami fans relate to Sami. At least I know that I do. I relate to Sami as being a good soul, but a seriously flawed character. I relate to her as being her own worst enemy, so often unable to get out of her own way in her attempts at getting what she wants. So I, and others like me, are protective of Sami.

I will admit, for me, it's sport to bash Nicole. Even though I like Ari...and actually like the character of Nicole. I guess, like EJ, for me it's....complicated.
Welcome!

I'm a Nicole fan, 48 years old, with two college degrees and a third one on the way. But, of course, I don't post at NBC. :D
I will, however, agree with you about Nicole Dimera! I love her posts about Nicole.

But, if you REALLY look at it, there are posters in several fanbases that seem young OR stupid. Young and stupid don't go hand in hand.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Oct 8 2008, 06:27 PM
Quote:

I was actually enjoying your post until you made that remark. I post at NBC all the time. :lol:
I agree. I post over at NBC when I can stomach it. It's very difficult being an EJole fan on those boards. I am far from young sadly, and I would like to think I post fairly clearly, and I've said many of the same things I say here over there. I think part of the problem lies in your statement of how you stereotype EJole fans. You see us as one set group, and we are not. We are all ages, both men and women enjoy EJole over EJami, and you'll find stupid posters in every fan base. ;)

mesagirl
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Oct 8 2008, 07:27 PM
d_sand
Nicole Dimera

Welcome!

I'm a Nicole fan, 48 years old, with two college degrees and a third one on the way. But, of course, I don't post at NBC. :D
I will, however, agree with you about Nicole Dimera! I love her posts about Nicole.

But, if you REALLY look at it, there are posters in several fanbases that seem young OR stupid. Young and stupid don't go hand in hand.
Ladyofthelake, I just wanted to say I like you more and more with every post I read of yours. This comes from a 45 yo, college graduate, EJole fan. :laugh:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply