Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: A little new scoopage!
Topic Started: Oct 6 2008, 12:39 PM (12,380 Views)
cjknick
Member Avatar

King
Oct 6 2008, 09:19 PM
That might be the case. I hope he does leave. Honestly, I am so disappointed in JKJ as this older Philip. It could be the writing, but I don't think so. I just have no love left for JKJ, whom I used to adore.
I agree I just can't get into the character of Phillip they have written him way to flat. Phillip is too stern there haven't been very emotional moments for Phillip...I suppose that's the military guy in him. Plus sometimes JKJ plays him with a limp and sometimes he doesn't. Then there is the problem of Chemistry there hasn't been any strong chemistry between JKJ and any leading ladies ... perhaps a bit with Martha but even that just didnt strong enough
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

FanODays

Kenny
Oct 6 2008, 01:27 PM
I wish they'd just get rid of Phillip altogether. I've never been impressed by Jay Johnson and he's always been a typical boring soap male to me. He's also not nearly important enough to have so much attention focused on him all the time.

Bringing back Belle and re-igniting the affair is the only way of making me interested in the character, IMO.
If they had written it right I might have gotten behind a Phelle pairing but they didn't and I don't expect Belle back anytime soon at least not with MM in the role.

They also could have done Phloe right but they didn't and at this point I don't care about them and I find myself disliking Chloe more than ever.

ejsamifan

angmc
Oct 6 2008, 08:58 PM
FL is Forbidden Love, an EJami message board/fan forum
http://z9.invisionfree.com/ejami_fans/index.php?
Thanks for the information. I appreciate it. :)

ejsamifan

JANALH
ejsamifan
Oct 6 2008, 08:54 PM
Ok, I am new here and may be a little slow. LOL But what is FL for a site?

Thanks everyone.
FL is a fan forum for fans of EJ and Sami (EJAMI) Here's the link if your interested:

http://z9.invisionfree.com/ejami_fans/

Thanks so much. I will check it out. I love ejami.

Thanks again.
:)

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

ejsamifan
Oct 7 2008, 09:55 AM
JANALH
ejsamifan
Oct 6 2008, 08:54 PM
Ok, I am new here and may be a little slow. LOL But what is FL for a site?

Thanks everyone.
FL is a fan forum for fans of EJ and Sami (EJAMI) Here's the link if your interested:

http://z9.invisionfree.com/ejami_fans/

Thanks so much. I will check it out. I love ejami.

Thanks again.
:)
Your welcome ejsamifan!! Come over anytime, we'd love to have you!! :wave:

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Let me clear up one thing. I'm pretty sure I mentioned that Sami/EJ scene when I told you about Mayor Marino getting shot but I didn't go in details because no one asked about it.

The timeline is a little hard to figure out and so are exact airdates. I think the new spoilers (the ones posted at the beginning of this thread) are three weeks out, maybe four. As for how often I get scoops, there is no set time, nor is there a guarantee I will get more.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Oct 7 2008, 11:55 AM
Let me clear up one thing. I'm pretty sure I mentioned that Sami/EJ scene when I told you about Mayor Marino getting shot but I didn't go in details because no one asked about it.

The timeline is a little hard to figure out and so are exact airdates. I think the new spoilers (the ones posted at the beginning of this thread) are three weeks out, maybe four. As for how often I get scoops, there is no set time, nor is there a guarantee I will get more.
You mean the Sami\EJ scene on the bed? Or is there another one during the gun scene? Color me confused? :shrug: If there is more details, I'm asking!!! I'd love to hear whatever you know about upcoming scenes with Sami/EJ!!

Well, I'd say you did pretty good with the timeline as far as when the Mayor gets shot, so I'm thinking your right on the three to four weeks out.

I hope you can continue to get the scoops, this has been a blast!! :rockon:

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

No I'm talking about the same scene. Everyone has suddenly been asking details about it but I wanted to clear up the fact that it's not a new scoop. I can't recall which thread I posted it in but I did mention it when I talked about the mayor's shooting. That's all. :)

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Well, I just want to say, I really appreciate how open you've been to all the questions. I know it can probably get old, but I sure have enjoyed it!! :D

Please continue, when possible, to give us the scoop!!!

It sure can make a day go by fast!!! :D

Fuzzy

FanODays
Oct 7 2008, 08:21 AM
Kenny
I wish they'd just get rid of Phillip altogether. I've never been impressed by Jay Johnson and he's always been a typical boring soap male to me. He's also not nearly important enough to have so much attention focused on him all the time.

Bringing back Belle and re-igniting the affair is the only way of making me interested in the character, IMO.
If they had written it right I might have gotten behind a Phelle pairing but they didn't and I don't expect Belle back anytime soon at least not with MM in the role.

They also could have done Phloe right but they didn't and at this point I don't care about them and I find myself disliking Chloe more than ever.
I agree. I adored Phelle. And I love JKJ. But since Martha left something has been missing. I like him better with Chloe than with Morgan, but that's not saying much. And Melanie would be much much worse than Morgan. I'd say they need someone new, but they don't have a great track record with that.

Right now, I'm hoping that with good writing I can get into Phloe again. Of course, the ideal would be to bring Martha back, but I don't see that happening. If not, well, I enjoy his scenes with Kate and Victor and various other characters.

FanODays

Fuzzy
Oct 7 2008, 02:45 PM
FanODays
Kenny

I agree. I adored Phelle. And I love JKJ. But since Martha left something has been missing. I like him better with Chloe than with Morgan, but that's not saying much. And Melanie would be much much worse than Morgan. I'd say they need someone new, but they don't have a great track record with that.

Right now, I'm hoping that with good writing I can get into Phloe again. Of course, the ideal would be to bring Martha back, but I don't see that happening. If not, well, I enjoy his scenes with Kate and Victor and various other characters.
Belle was Philip's Caroline and it could have been/should have been a terrific story but it never got resolved.

Philip should have a woman who either loves being evil with him or makes him want to do good. They had the later with Phloe when they first came on but it was royally messed up when Chloe returned.

They never figured out who Morgan was so they really couldn't do anything with the pairing.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

FanODays
Oct 7 2008, 03:10 PM
Belle was Philip's Caroline and it could have been/should have been a terrific story but it never got resolved.

Philip should have a woman who either loves being evil with him or makes him want to do good. They had the later with Phloe when they first came on but it was royally messed up when Chloe returned.

They never figured out who Morgan was so they really couldn't do anything with the pairing.
Wisely said! I love the way you compared Philip and Belle to Victor and Caroline. It works. And I agree that they could've done wonders with Chloe when she first came back. Philip and Chloe totally could have been great partners in crime, perhaps maybe hooking up every now and then, but Philip's love for Belle always gets on Chloe's nerves and makes her hate Belle, prompting her to go after Shawn.

*sigh* What could've been had Hogan and company never gotten the boot. :shame:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

FanODays
Oct 7 2008, 03:10 PM
Fuzzy
Oct 7 2008, 02:45 PM
FanODays
Kenny

I feel the same way.

The Phelle affair was written in that way too. It had similar elements to Victor/Caroline and Philip was being written very much like Victor. It was one of the most fascinating aspects of the story.

It's just one of the reasons I was pissed Hogan was let go. So much potential for that story.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I hadn't ever thought of Phillip/Belle as Victor/Caroline......good point FanODays!!! It's true..........I really loved their chemistry. Too bad it went nowhere!!! I also liked Chloe and Shawn's chemistry.......he's really the only one Chloe has sparked with this time around IMO.

FanODays

JANALH
Oct 7 2008, 03:29 PM
I hadn't ever thought of Phillip/Belle as Victor/Caroline......good point FanODays!!! It's true..........I really loved their chemistry. Too bad it went nowhere!!! I also liked Chloe and Shawn's chemistry.......he's really the only one Chloe has sparked with this time around IMO.
It also would have taken the show nicely into the next generation. Belle marries her love Shawn but is drawn to Philip and the three do a dance for years to come with Philip and Belle crossing paths in a number of different ways but with him marrying and having children, divorcing because his heart can only truly be given to Belle. Meanwhile Belle and Shawn build a wonderful life together but there is that itch that Belle has that only Philip can scratch.

Hmmm, maybe I should give up my day job and go and be a soap writer.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Quote:

Belle marries her love Shawn but is drawn to Philip and the three do a dance for years to come with Philip and Belle crossing paths in a number of different ways but with him marrying and having children, divorcing because his heart can only truly be given to Belle. Meanwhile Belle and Shawn build a wonderful life together but there is that itch that Belle has that only Philip can scratch.

It actually looked like they were going to go in that direction until suddenly the show decided they no longer needed Shelle and shipped them off. :hmmph:

Sariah
Member Avatar

FanODays
Oct 7 2008, 03:40 PM
It also would have taken the show nicely into the next generation. Belle marries her love Shawn but is drawn to Philip and the three do a dance for years to come with Philip and Belle crossing paths in a number of different ways but with him marrying and having children, divorcing because his heart can only truly be given to Belle. Meanwhile Belle and Shawn build a wonderful life together but there is that itch that Belle has that only Philip can scratch.
As a fan of JKJ's Philip - this isn't a storyline I'd like to see. I would really to see Philip happy and in love, and I wouldn't want to see JKJ wasted as the perpetual loser (which I'm already having a hard time with here - I'd really like Chloe to pull her head out and choose him already!).

I can see from a general viewer's standpoint where it might make for an interesting story, but I wouldn't like to watch Philip unhappy for the rest of his life because Belle was with Shawn. I'm glad he's moved on from that.

FanODays

Sariah
Oct 7 2008, 03:56 PM
FanODays
As a fan of JKJ's Philip - this isn't a storyline I'd like to see. I would really to see Philip happy and in love, and I wouldn't want to see JKJ wasted as the perpetual loser (which I'm already having a hard time with here - I'd really like Chloe to pull her head out and choose him already!).

I can see from a general viewer's standpoint where it might make for an interesting story, but I wouldn't like to watch Philip unhappy for the rest of his life because Belle was with Shawn. I'm glad he's moved on from that.
I never said he would be unhappy the rest of his life. Victor hasn't led an unhappy life even though he never married Caroline. I think Philip could have great loves and children but his heart could never be completely given to anyone except Belle.

The way I see it, Philip could be a wonderfully complex character who is a big ole badass, or is he?

FanODays

OneBadKitty
Oct 7 2008, 03:47 PM
Quote:

Belle marries her love Shawn but is drawn to Philip and the three do a dance for years to come with Philip and Belle crossing paths in a number of different ways but with him marrying and having children, divorcing because his heart can only truly be given to Belle. Meanwhile Belle and Shawn build a wonderful life together but there is that itch that Belle has that only Philip can scratch.

It actually looked like they were going to go in that direction until suddenly the show decided they no longer needed Shelle and shipped them off. :hmmph:
I disagree, I think they were going to go with Phelle and Shloe until the axe fell.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

FanODays
JANALH
Oct 7 2008, 03:29 PM

Hmmm, maybe I should give up my day job and go and be a soap writer.
Maybe you should give up your day job, Fan! ;) I think that would be a plausible storyline for awhile, but I think the natives would grow restless after awhile and want Phelle to get together! I think the reason that its worked so well for Victor, is his affair with Caroline played off screen. I think if we SAW the chemistry from Phelle and never got pay-off, it might not play as well.

But I agree that it would be a great angle to go with initially!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply