Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: A little new scoopage!
Topic Started: Oct 6 2008, 12:39 PM (12,272 Views)
Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

OneBadKitty
Oct 7 2008, 03:47 PM
Quote:

Belle marries her love Shawn but is drawn to Philip and the three do a dance for years to come with Philip and Belle crossing paths in a number of different ways but with him marrying and having children, divorcing because his heart can only truly be given to Belle. Meanwhile Belle and Shawn build a wonderful life together but there is that itch that Belle has that only Philip can scratch.

It actually looked like they were going to go in that direction until suddenly the show decided they no longer needed Shelle and shipped them off. :hmmph:
Tom C. admitted that, Hogan convinced Ken there was more chemistry between Phelle then Belle. I think Chloe was mainly brought on for Shawn.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Daytime
Member Avatar

JANALH
Oct 6 2008, 11:25 PM
OneBadKitty
Oct 6 2008, 10:40 PM
I see some of the posters at FL are skeptical about me. That is fine too because they don't know me. They want to know where my scoops are coming from and I can't tell you that. Just hope they last, LOL.

But there's alot of us who aren't!! ;)

I would say most everyone at FL knows the importance of keeping your source secret and protecting their interest.

I think once all these current events play out, you'll find a lot less skeptism from those who aren't familar with you.

Anyway, most of the ones I talk to and know at FL think you rock!! :rockon:

co-signing this post!

Thanks OBk!

luishot

queastion to anyone who can answer this
do you all remerber the twins who play brady black eric and brannon billing
dose anyone know what they look like now and what are they doing these days

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

luishot - just google their names and you should be able to find out what they are doing.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

FanODays
Oct 7 2008, 04:08 PM
Sariah
Oct 7 2008, 03:56 PM
FanODays
Oct 7 2008, 03:40 PM
It also would have taken the show nicely into the next generation. Belle marries her love Shawn but is drawn to Philip and the three do a dance for years to come with Philip and Belle crossing paths in a number of different ways but with him marrying and having children, divorcing because his heart can only truly be given to Belle. Meanwhile Belle and Shawn build a wonderful life together but there is that itch that Belle has that only Philip can scratch.
As a fan of JKJ's Philip - this isn't a storyline I'd like to see. I would really to see Philip happy and in love, and I wouldn't want to see JKJ wasted as the perpetual loser (which I'm already having a hard time with here - I'd really like Chloe to pull her head out and choose him already!).

I can see from a general viewer's standpoint where it might make for an interesting story, but I wouldn't like to watch Philip unhappy for the rest of his life because Belle was with Shawn. I'm glad he's moved on from that.
I never said he would be unhappy the rest of his life. Victor hasn't led an unhappy life even though he never married Caroline. I think Philip could have great loves and children but his heart could never be completely given to anyone except Belle.

The way I see it, Philip could be a wonderfully complex character who is a big ole badass, or is he?
I like your line of thinking. To take it one more step, though...Shawn never comes back! I think Phelle could be awesome.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Sariah
FanODays
It also would have taken the show nicely into the next generation. Belle marries her love Shawn but is drawn to Philip and the three do a dance for years to come with Philip and Belle crossing paths in a number of different ways but with him marrying and having children, divorcing because his heart can only truly be given to Belle. Meanwhile Belle and Shawn build a wonderful life together but there is that itch that Belle has that only Philip can scratch.
As a fan of JKJ's Philip - this isn't a storyline I'd like to see. I would really to see Philip happy and in love, and I wouldn't want to see JKJ wasted as the perpetual loser (which I'm already having a hard time with here - I'd really like Chloe to pull her head out and choose him already!).

I can see from a general viewer's standpoint where it might make for an interesting story, but I wouldn't like to watch Philip unhappy for the rest of his life because Belle was with Shawn. I'm glad he's moved on from that.
So, yeah, Philip might end up the perpetual loser with Chloe, so why root for Phloe? She originally chose Brady anyway.

Fuzzy

ladyofthelake
Oct 7 2008, 07:09 PM
FanODays
Sariah
FanODays

I never said he would be unhappy the rest of his life. Victor hasn't led an unhappy life even though he never married Caroline. I think Philip could have great loves and children but his heart could never be completely given to anyone except Belle.

The way I see it, Philip could be a wonderfully complex character who is a big ole badass, or is he?
I like your line of thinking. To take it one more step, though...Shawn never comes back! I think Phelle could be awesome.
That's what I want to see. And, after Phelle have gotten together, they could bring Shawn back. But, by then, Belle's completely over her high school romance, and chooses Philip...which doesn't stop Philip from being insecure. And Shawn is still Claire's father....

I agree with whoever said that Belle is Philip's Caroline. But they don't have to have the same outcome! But, even if they did, I'd be happy as long as I got a lot of great Phelle scenes along the way.

Fuzzy

Please excuse the double post...
Edited by Fuzzy, Oct 7 2008, 08:54 PM.

Sariah
Member Avatar

FanODays
Sariah
FanODays

But for me, solely IMO, I don't want Philip to be a solitary character with a string of bad relationships behind him. He's entirely capable of being a gray/dark character and being in love - either with a woman who schemes with him or one who inspires him to be better. It seems to me that Victor has been either the villain or a secondary character with romances here and there, but because I adore him so, I would love to see JKJ in a leading man role. He does romance very well.

Sariah
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Oct 7 2008, 07:11 PM
Sariah
FanODays

So, yeah, Philip might end up the perpetual loser with Chloe, so why root for Phloe? She originally chose Brady anyway.
Because things could go differently this time. I root for Phloe because of the chemistry and their history. And Chloe could choose Philip this time, which I would love to see.

And if she doesn't, she doesn't. Then Philip needs a new character to come on and love him for him. I don't want him to be alone or Belle's booty call.

I would hate to see him caught up with Shelle again and for them to become the new Ejamicus. I don't want another perpetual, never-ending triangle.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

The daily's are starting to come in for the week of Oct 20 and I know a lot of you are dying to see what happens to Sami after she witnesses the murder of Mayor Marino and before she and the kids end up in some kind of house with EJ. Since the killer is out to get her, it looks like she will need protection and I believe Nicholas Turturro is either playing a bodyguard hired by Roman, or he could also be playing the owner of the house that EJ and Sami are at. Turturro has scenes with Roman and with Sami. We will see for sure between Monday the 20th and Wed the 22 of October. :smile:

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

How did this thread get to 15 pages, crazy..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^A whole lot of happy and excited Ejami fans, Kev. :laugh:

naley12
Member Avatar

sounds interesting thanks OBK

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Oct 7 2008, 10:50 PM
The daily's are starting to come in for the week of Oct 20 and I know a lot of you are dying to see what happens to Sami after she witnesses the murder of Mayor Marino and before she and the kids end up in some kind of house with EJ. Since the killer is out to get her, it looks like she will need protection and I believe Nicholas Turturro is either playing a bodyguard hired by Roman, or he could also be playing the owner of the house that EJ and Sami are at. Turturro has scenes with Roman and with Sami. We will see for sure between Monday the 20th and Wed the 22 of October. :smile:
Sounding good, OBK!!! I guess I can't affford to go to sleep these days!! ;) I thought we'd get some spoilers yesterday........but they didn't come until late!!

It's sounding really exciting and sounds like your source is on the money again!!!!

Pearly
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Oct 7 2008, 10:50 PM
OBK, thanks for keeping us updated. Your source seems to be right on the money. :cheers:

pspcindy
Member Avatar

thanks Kitty!

I'm really hoping sweeps will be good this year. Last year was the first good one for DOOL in a couple of years.

I sure would like to forget the summer of yuck!

Charmqn
Member Avatar

What are they going with Melanie/Nick/Chelsea--and now from casting, we will be getting a new boy into that crowd--is this turning into a quadrangle?

What is with DOOL and their love of turning romance into geometric shapes-triangles, squares, pentagons...its a clusterfuck of crap. Just right some good ol romance.

Days4Life

FanODays
JANALH
Oct 7 2008, 03:29 PM
I hadn't ever thought of Phillip/Belle as Victor/Caroline......good point FanODays!!! It's true..........I really loved their chemistry. Too bad it went nowhere!!! I also liked Chloe and Shawn's chemistry.......he's really the only one Chloe has sparked with this time around IMO.

Hmmm, maybe I should give up my day job and go and be a soap writer.
I would love that! It's the kind of story we used to get on DAYS--like with Bill, Laura and Mickey and the secret of Mike's paternity and Doug, Julie, Addy and the various men Julie was involved with, while always pining for Doug. So much angst and drama and romance! The shows don't take the time to build epic stories like that any more.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Days4Life
Oct 8 2008, 11:47 AM
FanODays
JANALH
Oct 7 2008, 03:29 PM
I hadn't ever thought of Phillip/Belle as Victor/Caroline......good point FanODays!!! It's true..........I really loved their chemistry. Too bad it went nowhere!!! I also liked Chloe and Shawn's chemistry.......he's really the only one Chloe has sparked with this time around IMO.

Hmmm, maybe I should give up my day job and go and be a soap writer.
I would love that! It's the kind of story we used to get on DAYS--like with Bill, Laura and Mickey and the secret of Mike's paternity and Doug, Julie, Addy and the various men Julie was involved with, while always pining for Doug. So much angst and drama and romance! The shows don't take the time to build epic stories like that any more.
I agree but there are a large portion of fans who won't let the show take the time to build story like that.

For example, just check out several boards discussing the shows. After one week of story building, people get upset and can't take it anymore. There is just craving for something huge to happen everyday now and the ratings reflect that. It's not enough to just move story. You have to have an event or something with huge impact everyday to see great numbers. It should not be like that. It's made soaps feel they have to be fast-paced and we miss critical story beats as a result.

Years ago, fans had more patience in general. They were more willing to sit and watch things play out. That is why JER's tenure worked the first time. Patience was going downhill around the time of his second run and the show felt it. Spoilers have also hurt too. People know who is on and when something will happen. Less spoilers back then meant fans had to tune in and see for themselves and that is what helped investment and aided in fans having patience. They never knew when the big stuff was coming so they had to tune in and see for themselves. That allowed the show time to build slower-paced stories like that.

It's really sad that can't happen anymore because that is how payoffs were made to be worth it and many of soaps' best stories were of the kind your talking about.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply