Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Rachel Melvin blog 10/6
Topic Started: Oct 6 2008, 06:48 PM (3,477 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

The Rachel in these recent blogs is like an entirely different Rachel from her earlier entries. In the past, she couldn't write or spell her way out of a paper bag. What happened? Her blogs are actually readable now, LoL.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Days4Life

Rachel is a young woman, relatively new to the industry, and obviously has a lot to learn. While she has a right to her opinion regarding her work and who she's paired with, she's making a big mistake pushing it so hard, ignoring a lot of her fans who have a different view of things. If she wants to give a shout out to her Chan fans, fine, do it, but don't exclude everyone else. She's not going to always get the story she wants, and she needs to learn that now before she angers the wrong people.

Overall, her blog was charming and fun, and I do like her. But she has to lighten up with the Chan thing. I think it's showing her immaturity more than anything, but I don't want her to make mistakes now that will hurt her career later because I do think she is very talented.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Great post, Days4Life.
Rachel seems really sweet, very immature, but I love her as an actress. That said, Chan sucked and she needs to let that go. She might have thought it was this big story and she got to make out with the hot guy, but it so tanked and was painful to watch her give girly eyes to this older man who clearly wanted her grandma.
She works so much better in her age range as she looks like a college girl.

If she doesn't want Chick, fine. Shut up and wait for the story to move somewhere else. She has been on nonstop since January with some major stuff. Not sure I want to hear her whine about a lull in the story. Didn't hear Blake wussing when it was Chelsea 24/7 while he propped her.

You got a great gig, Rachel. Love ALL of your fans and appreciate what you got!!! It was just an Emmy nom. Look where Thaao is right now!

kpuma

Rachel is writing a personal BLOG - not an article for the New York Times or Soap Opera Digest. This is her personal space and she can write whatever is on her mind. It's a blog. I for one enjoy reading her candid and very personal take on her life, her job, her character...it's refreshing. She's young but seems to have a good head on her shoulders. She did acknowledge that she does know that she is on a soap and that story lines run hot and cold. She knows that and I think she's doing a great job, despite the fact that her character is "cold" right now. I am actually a Daniel and Chelsea fan (surprise, surprise) and have been depressed with the direction the writers gone. Her blog cheered me up.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I hope Rachel has her restraining order out. Terry's going to the fan event on Nov 1st.

Angela
Member Avatar

As a fan of Rachel and Daniel&Chelsea I have to say I loved this blog! However, I love all her blogs! Rachel takes the time to allow us to get to know her just a little…which she doesn’t have to do….and it allows us to see her personality. I enjoyed the shout out to the Cure My Tragedy board in this blog because that board does spend a lot of time loving Rachel and Daniel&Chelsea and its nice to know she is seeing that!
Rachel is human. She is doing a job. She is a very talented actress quite possibly the best to come on screen in this medium in a long time. I like that Rachel says that she learns from all the best people around her! She shows how much she truly admires and respects those she works with that have more experience than she does! With that being said she has a right to like certain storylines better than others. It isn’t that she hated the Chick fans or the Chick storyline, she is just simply stating very true facts. (By the way Rachel has always talked highly of Blake and talks about him like a friend so her enjoying the DANSEA storyline has nothing to do with her opinion of Blake.) All Rachel said in the interviews, and its true, is that Chelsea has matured so much over the last several months that for her to go back to Nick would be a step backwards…really for both of them. They are better off friends and I think they could make great friends for each other for anything they may endure. Chelsea realized that she cared about Nick but that she didn’t love him…he isn’t the one that she is meant to be with forever. Chelsea found that in Daniel. He has the potential to be “the One.” So to call Rachel a brat for her opinion of a storyline is uncalled for. And I understand why Rachel wants the Dansea storyline, like someone said earlier Nick/Chelsea has been done to death Daniel is different it brings a whole new prospect of opportunity and different types of stories to tell.
Rachel’s performances have not be lacking over the last several weeks…and she most certainly has not been “phoning them in.” The young lady is talented and her performances have actually been better than ever! She has learned to channel the emotion and not be so over the top like a few actresses in this medium who will remain nameless. Rachel has mastered a skill very few ever learn their entire careers in the industry and that is she can tell everything the entire story and all her emotions with just her eyes. She has learned to convey so much emotion with her eyes that is talent it isn’t a “phoned in” performance. Chelsea is going through a rough time where everything is upside down for her. She loves her grandma and she was “falling hard” for Daniel and thought she had found the one so she is experiencing a wide variety of emotions….sad, devastation, cheated, anger, love, betrayal, self damnation, bitterness, and a lot more…I think that Rachel has done a FANTASTIC job playing all these emotions and making me feel that with her at the same time…she is making Chelsea very very believable right now.
Rachel needs to continue to be herself and blogging about whatever she wants! She is a great person and can’t wait to read her next one!

kvgamble

Rachel is a great girl, she is talking on her personal blog and being open to what she really feels. How can anyone critize about that, everyone does it and the only reason she is getting grief is because she is an actress. She does not like Chick together big deal, she knows more about it then what we do. I was a Chick fan for a long time, but when Chelsea met Daniel there was more chemistry between them too then there ever was with Nick. Nick was Chelsea's first love, first everything, but they grew apart and it was not all because of Daniel. Nick went his direction also, he has admitted it. Daniel and Chelsea are a great couple and you cannot critize Rachel just because she likes them too.

slowmotion

Actually Rachel blog was very nice. She is a very talented actress, and think mature for her age. I believe that Rachel spoke about Daniel and Chelsea because that is the storyline she is in right now. That is the relationship she was in most recently. It was Dansea. Her storyline is still Dansea. The way I look at it right now it is Daniel/Chelsea/Kate. Kate and Daniel are not officially a couple yet. Who really knows where this story is going. When I watch them what I see is Daniel being rejected because of what he and Kate did. I see Chelsea as being hurt and lashing out... which pushes kan together. Rachel only expressed her thanks because of what she has received based on the storyline she was in, tell me what is wrong with that? Nothing. I am sure Rachel Melvin enjoyed her time with Blake when she was in that relationship too and does not mean to offend any of the Chick fans. But you have to give her her opinion too. She moved on to another storyline. If we look at both relationships they are totally different. I think both she and Nick grew apart. the relationship got stale. I believe they both wanted something more, meaning Rachel and Blake. Just look at Blake now, he seems totally different. His character is more mature and I like him better. They have both grew, and are getting bigger and better storylines. I will say that Dansea is not over, and Kan is not a done deal... The history of Soaps is the proof....

kelligapeach

I love RM, her blog is what she is feeling at the time and is real.
I like that she thanks her fans for support and she also has said the cast of days is fantastic and has given them lots of compliments!
She is honest, real and kind. Huge Fan! She's just fantastic!!

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 7 2008, 06:16 AM
The Rachel in these recent blogs is like an entirely different Rachel from her earlier entries. In the past, she couldn't write or spell her way out of a paper bag. What happened? Her blogs are actually readable now, LoL.
LMAO

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

darraholic
Oct 7 2008, 09:29 AM
I hope Rachel has her restraining order out. Terry's going to the fan event on Nov 1st.
:drunk: :peek:

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Welcome everyone~ (I see some newbies here.) :)

restlesshearts23
Member Avatar

kelligapeach
Oct 7 2008, 10:31 AM
I love RM, her blog is what she is feeling at the time and is real.
I like that she thanks her fans for support and she also has said the cast of days is fantastic and has given them lots of compliments!
She is honest, real and kind. Huge Fan! She's just fantastic!!
I agree Kel! RM's blog is awesome, i always look forward to reading to it, She's just an awesome person and an amazing actress!

Nicole Walker

LMFAO @ Rakesh! Is it really that bad?

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

darraholic
Right now he's saying Molly is his #1 favorite. I think RM should expect a "Back off" from him though. LOL.

Jonatha

Tripp
Oct 7 2008, 11:11 AM
darraholic
Right now he's saying Molly is his #1 favorite. I think RM should expect a "Back off" from him though. LOL.
I can invision something happening like when Borat was standing in line waiting to meet Pamela Anderson. :x

Liz1967

I love RM and I love reading her blog. It's always fun to read. I think it's great that she even has a blog and trys so hard to be in touch with the fans. I think she's a great actress and I really hope she continues to give us all a little peek into her life. I will be going to the fan event on Nov. 1st and I am looking forward to meeting her. I am a Dansea fan, but more importantly I am a Rachel fan and I want the best for her and her character. I want to see more of Chelsea and I hope Days continues to improve the character.

Debbs

I love Rachel and her blogs. She has come so far as an actress on Days. When Chelsea first came on the show, she was a spoiled brat and I couldn't stand her. As time passed, Rachel took this character and made her into someone we can love and respect. She is enjoyable to watch no matter what storyline she has.
I think it is great that she mentioned CMT. She has a huge fan base there that love her and Shawn.
I am a huge Dansea fan because the chemistry the 2 of them bring to the screen is fantastic. They have the makings of a great love story.
And, if Rachel favors Dansea, who cares? She is entitled to her opinion.
If people don't like what she is saying in her blogs, then don't read them.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

Debbs
Oct 7 2008, 01:01 PM
And, if Rachel favors Dansea, who cares? She is entitled to her opinion.

she certainly is. but a lot of chick fans have really felt alienated after her last few interviews and comments about nick. she just seems to dismiss their love story, and i can understand how that would upset a fan of the couple.

mitzi

I love Rachel and her blog and I don't see anything wrong with it. She is just expressing her appreciation to all Dansea fans and there is nothing wrong with that also. In fact, I admire her for ackowledging all the support she is getting from Dansea fans.

I also agree with Rachel about Chelsea being matured and should move on from her storyline with Nick. Rachel is a very talented actress and she deserves to have mature and more challenging storylines. I just don't see anymore connection between Chelsea and Nick, their characters have grown apart already.

FYI, I like Chelsea with Daniel and there are a lot of people rooting for this couple. They may not be posting in message boards but there are lot of them offline.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply