Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Rachel Melvin blog 10/6
Topic Started: Oct 6 2008, 06:48 PM (3,462 Views)
darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

There is also alot of people that hate them as a couple.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

^Me, Me (raises hand)

slyn11
Member Avatar

Just wanted to chime in and show some love for RM. I think she is the most talented actress on Days right now, and I hope they give her some more wonderful material to work with for the rest of her time on the show.

I appreciate her taking the time to thank Daniel and Chelsea fans - since this storyline is her current one - it makes sense that she would. Looking at the start date of her blog, she did not have it during the height of Chick. I am sure if she had, she would have thanked Chick fans as well. She was very gracious to ALL of her fans when I met her over the summer.

What worries me is that Rachel continues to read these message boards. She is constantly belittled, attacked, and criticized by numerous posters. I get that her character is not the most popular, but it sometimes spills over into attacking her personally. Just as in this thread...it is a leap to say that thanking one fanbase somehow translates into her being bitter about her current story on screen or that she somehow biased against Chelsea/Nick. We don't know what she is feeling. We only know what she shares with us. And I hope the negative, and sometimes cruel, posts that are online do not deter her from continuing to blog and share tidbits about her life. That is one of the things I really like about her. Her willingness to share with her fans.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

This isn't the first time she's been pushing for Chan... That is why I stopped supporting Chick.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

I like that Rachel blogs and she seems like a really likable person and she is a good actress, I just don't like Chelsea with Daniel.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

ArizonaDaze
Oct 7 2008, 06:07 PM
I like that Rachel blogs and she seems like a really likable person and she is a good actress, I just don't like Chelsea with Daniel.
Same here.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Rakesh198
Oct 7 2008, 10:45 AM
Welcome everyone~ (I see some newbies here.) :)
Amazing how so many are coming out of the woodwork! :D

leela46
Member Avatar

I think Rachel is a very talented actress. However I HATE Chan. She can blog about them until she's blue in the face but it isn't going to change my feelings. I consider Chan the worst couple on Days since Shayla. Fortunately it appears TPTB at Days have realized that Chan was giant mistake and have pulled the plug on them.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

darraholic
Oct 7 2008, 03:44 PM
There is also alot of people that hate them as a couple.
:hail:

Just want to say too for the benefit of some of the posters in this thread...Rachel is thought of very highly here on the DR. We've praised her blog entries and praised her work. She is very talented and very nice. Many of us were just raising an issue that we believe is cause for concern. It's speculation and what some of us believe. Some may disagree and that is fine but we have just as much right to post those views as anyone has to disagree with them or to praise Chan or whatever.

musichappens

mitzi
Oct 7 2008, 03:37 PM
I love Rachel and her blog and I don't see anything wrong with it. She is just expressing her appreciation to all Dansea fans and there is nothing wrong with that also. In fact, I admire her for ackowledging all the support she is getting from Dansea fans.

I also agree with Rachel about Chelsea being matured and should move on from her storyline with Nick. Rachel is a very talented actress and she deserves to have mature and more challenging storylines. I just don't see anymore connection between Chelsea and Nick, their characters have grown apart already.

FYI, I like Chelsea with Daniel and there are a lot of people rooting for this couple. They may not be posting in message boards but there are lot of them offline.
:cheer: I agree with everything you said Mitzi.

It's her blog, she is entitled to post and talk about anything she wants there. Whether it be about politics or the support she is getting from Dansea fans. In fact, by reading her blog entries I am impressed by how down-to-earth and level headed she seems for a young woman in Hollywood.

Days4Life

I think a lot of the Rachel fans posting here are missing the point. I, and many others here at DR, love Rachel and think she's a very good actress. And, yes, she can post whatever she wants in her blog. The point some of us are trying to make is that she needs to learn to appreciate ALL of her fans and not alienate some of them simply because she favors one storyline over another. Rachel is an actress, not a writer or producer or director. Her job is to take the scripts she's handed and do the best job she can with the material she's given. Of course, she will like some stories better than others and prefer working with some actors over others. But at the end of the day she's an actress, being paid to act. Some writers don't take kindly to having their work publicly criticized, and if she isn't careful she could find herself written out or relegated to the background because of her outspokenness. Also, some fans don't appreciate being ignored because she is favoring (or perceived to be favoring) the fanbase of the preferred storyline. She needs to learn to appreciate ALL of her fans.

The reason I have made the comments I have regarding Rachel's blog is because I do like her and want her to stay on the show and have a successful career for many years to come. I don't want her youth and inexperience to cause her problems with the show or her fans.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Days4Life
Oct 8 2008, 11:39 AM
I think a lot of the Rachel fans posting here are missing the point. I, and many others here at DR, love Rachel and think she's a very good actress. And, yes, she can post whatever she wants in her blog. The point some of us are trying to make is that she needs to learn to appreciate ALL of her fans and not alienate some of them simply because she favors one storyline over another. Rachel is an actress, not a writer or producer or director. Her job is to take the scripts she's handed and do the best job she can with the material she's given. Of course, she will like some stories better than others and prefer working with some actors over others. But at the end of the day she's an actress, being paid to act. Some writers don't take kindly to having their work publicly criticized, and if she isn't careful she could find herself written out or relegated to the background because of her outspokenness. Also, some fans don't appreciate being ignored because she is favoring (or perceived to be favoring) the fanbase of the preferred storyline. She needs to learn to appreciate ALL of her fans.

The reason I have made the comments I have regarding Rachel's blog is because I do like her and want her to stay on the show and have a successful career for many years to come. I don't want her youth and inexperience to cause her problems with the show or her fans.
:hail: :hail: :hail:

Very well put.

Angela
Member Avatar

"The last thing I wanted to do before I wrap up, was say thank you to everyone. You are all amazing fans and you have no idea how much it means to me to know you're all in my corner. "

Direct quote from Rachel on her blog. She said thank you to all her fans...used the word everyone. So she does appreciate all her fans and everything that is done for her and said on her behalf. I just wish that everyone would read everything she says and not jump to any conclusions. She takes the time to be personable and share a piece of her with all of us. You would think true Rachel fans would be grateful but instead everyone picks apart what she says. I love the fact that she blogs it is so nice to get to hear from her but honestly after this I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't want to blog anymore. I don't understand how someone can call themselves a fan and then go to another website and blast them. To me that just doesn't add up.

Days4Life

Angela
Oct 8 2008, 03:28 PM
"The last thing I wanted to do before I wrap up, was say thank you to everyone. You are all amazing fans and you have no idea how much it means to me to know you're all in my corner. "

Direct quote from Rachel on her blog. She said thank you to all her fans...used the word everyone. So she does appreciate all her fans and everything that is done for her and said on her behalf. I just wish that everyone would read everything she says and not jump to any conclusions. She takes the time to be personable and share a piece of her with all of us. You would think true Rachel fans would be grateful but instead everyone picks apart what she says. I love the fact that she blogs it is so nice to get to hear from her but honestly after this I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't want to blog anymore. I don't understand how someone can call themselves a fan and then go to another website and blast them. To me that just doesn't add up.
Who's blasting Rachel? Are you referring to some posters not agreeing 100% with everything she said? That's not blasting; that's discussion. Just as Rachel has a right to blog whatever she wants, we have a right to say whatever WE want. If Rachel can't handle that, she needs to stay away from the message boards altogether.

As to my point I was trying to make previously, I didn't say that Rachel doesn't appreciate all her fans. I was talking about the perception that she is favoring one fanbase because they agree with her favored storyline. I hope Rachel has a long career, and if she does there will probably be many stories she doesn't like, but she has to do her best with what she's given. She doesn't want to risk alienating the writers or any of her fans. It would be a good idea to take a look at those who have been on the show a long time and notice how they handle their fans. That's all I'm saying.

Now I'm going to go bang my head against the wall.

Mason
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Oct 8 2008, 03:55 PM
Who's blasting Rachel? Are you referring to some posters not agreeing 100% with everything she said? That's not blasting; that's discussion. Just as Rachel has a right to blog whatever she wants, we have a right to say whatever WE want. If Rachel can't handle that, she needs to stay away from the message boards altogether.
Well said! :hail:

Mason
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Oct 7 2008, 07:06 PM
Amazing how so many are coming out of the woodwork! :D
I see I'm not the only one who's noticed this particular trend. ;)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Days4Life
Angela

As to my point I was trying to make previously, I didn't say that Rachel doesn't appreciate all her fans. I was talking about the perception that she is favoring one fanbase because they agree with her favored storyline. I hope Rachel has a long career, and if she does there will probably be many stories she doesn't like, but she has to do her best with what she's given. She doesn't want to risk alienating the writers or any of her fans. It would be a good idea to take a look at those who have been on the show a long time and notice how they handle their fans. That's all I'm saying.

Beautifully said :hail: .

Angela
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Angela

We all have that right to say what we want...its the nice thing about fanboards, blogs, and the internet in general. We all have a right to come on here and say pretty much whatever we want. From Rachel to you to me to everyone else on this thread and board. What bothers me here is the amount of flack that Rachel is getting from one comment on one blog. She said that she wanted to thank the people at a particular website. Rachel was just reaching out to her fans...that is not uncommon. Lets take that look at some of the "more experienced" people on the show and how they handle their fans shall we. Ok who should we start with....hmm lets say Peter Reckell....when was the last time he acknowledged fans....ok how about Kristian Alfonso...can't remember her either...ok lets go with someone a little younger....how about Arianne Zucker or Nadia Bjorlin...as you can see the list goes on and on. Unless these people are specifically asked about fans they don't mention them or do anything to reach out to them. Rachel takes the time to spend a few minutes "talking" to her fans. So I would say that once again she is miles ahead of the rest of the cast she works with.

In Rachel's defense when Chick was the couple she was so new to the industry she didn't do anything like she does it now...she is a completely different person and she has learned so much. Now she does talk to the fans more and is more vocal and gives more interviews therefore she is going to say more about Dansea as it is the current storyline.

I want to say something else just so people don't think you have just a Dansea fan talking here and that I don't completely understand. I have been a Rachel fan the entire time she has been on the show there was something about her that made me love her even when Chelsea wasn't always the lovable person she is today. Back in the day I even liked Nick and Chelsea, was a hard core fan, no but I did like them. However now I see that Nick and Chelsea to eachother were that pivotal person in eachothers lives who prepared the other for what was to come next for "the one." I don't understand why it is so wrong for Rachel to see that as well and then voice her opinion on it. And lets not forget nothing gets said in the interviews they give that the show wouldn't approve of for several reasons.

Here's the other thing I don't understand about some fans...for me when I like someone I want to see them do something they enjoy doing...like if I have a fav actor I want to see them in storylines they love just because I am a fan. So being a Rachel fan first and foremost I want to see her in the storyline she wants...that would be Dansea. So if you call yourselves a Rachel fan then how can you not want what she wants for her character?

One last thing...the Jay K Johnson rumor that was mentioned in this thread....if it was rumored that he didn't like Phorgan but he never talked about it then how did it get out? I guess some psychic read his mind and started that rumor! No that means he said something to someone. All actors have things they like better than others...its part of being human. All actors are going to talk better about certain storylines than they are others...again part of being human. So don't fault Rachel for something that is completely natural is all I am asking.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

Angela
Oct 9 2008, 09:37 AM
In Rachel's defense when Chick was the couple she was so new to the industry she didn't do anything like she does it now...she is a completely different person and she has learned so much. Now she does talk to the fans more and is more vocal and gives more interviews therefore she is going to say more about Dansea as it is the current storyline.

I don't understand why it is so wrong for Rachel to see that as well and then voice her opinion on it. And lets not forget nothing gets said in the interviews they give that the show wouldn't approve of for several reasons.

So if you call yourselves a Rachel fan then how can you not want what she wants for her character?

i just want to quickly address a couple of things you said. i think the reason people are somewhat annoyed with her comments is that dansea isn't the current storyline, but she still goes on and on about it, to the point that she she says negative things about chick in interviews. yesterday's show tells me that that chick is going to be revisited. so i think chick fans might be miffed because she got a chance with the daniel s/l, and by and large, most viewers did not get it, so they feel she needs to move on in a more professional manner. that isn't to say dansea doesn't have a large fanbase, because they do. but polls on all the boards i saw did not favor that pairing, so i think TPTB nipped it in the bud partly for that reason. obviously, you can't expect everyone to agree with what the actress wants either. i like rachel melvin a lot, and i think she is really talented, but seeing her with daniel always reminded me of just how immature her character is. i also can't help but think that part of the reason RM loved dansea was because she loved working with SC, as opposed to really thinking the idea of the couple was a good thing. that's her perogative, but that doesn't mean i have to like the couple.

in all honesty, i think the RM angst started with her last interview about chick and how they were dead to her because girls don't go back to their exes. i'm not even a chick fan anymore, and that interview irritated me, because i felt that, based on her comments, she had totally missed the point of chick and why people loved them so much. this blog post praising the dansea fans to the exclusion of others just added fuel to the fire, so to speak.

cassie1013

I can't understand why she would be want to be paired with an actor 20 years her senior! She's in her early 20's and he's in his 40's!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply