Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers & Previews; week of 10/20 *UPDATED 10/17*
Topic Started: Oct 7 2008, 10:01 PM (9,820 Views)
OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Quote:

I can clearly remember EJ torturing Steve, whipping on him, patting him on the head and calling him "good dog". Then lately I've seen Steve and EJ chatting quite amiably. All that chaps my hiney, his "redemption" has to be the biggest crock since soaps began.

Make out with me? :smooch: :wub2:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Fuzzy
Oct 10 2008, 03:18 PM
marisol40
Oct 10 2008, 01:56 PM
Psst Psst.. Fuzzy

Wait until Brady (Eric) gets there. :-)
Lol. That won't help me find a decent love interest for Philip. Unless you're suggesting a Philip/Brady pairing? I could go for that. :D
BRADY is Philip's nephew. UGGGHHHH!! Isabella, Brady's mother, was Philip's half sister.

Fuzzy

Paxton
Oct 10 2008, 03:27 PM
Fuzzy
Oct 10 2008, 03:12 PM
I think EJ was apologizing to Sami for everything put together. Not just 12/29. But, of course, that's just my interpretation. I'm sure other people see it differently.

I do see it differently. I think Hogan Sheffer wrote EJ as completely and utterly BCS [edit: I meant "BSC"--see, I've already got this weekend's huge LSU-UF matchup on the brain--go Tigers!] and his interactions with everyone he's harmed, which is practically everyone, have been--for me--almost entirely unrealistic and his apologies insufficient and unconvincing when they exist at all. And this is coming from someone who has mostly loved EJ, with the exception of his Mr. Mom period earlier this year through May and the current incarnation.

We will simply have to agree to respectfully disagree, as we have been. :smile: And I promise to stop hijacking the thread, although it does give me the chance to use the emoticon that amuses me the most: :hijacked:
We can definately agree to disagree. I do enjoy reading other perspectives. And I apologize for hijacking the thread. I'm new here, and I didn't realize.

Just one question, and then I'm done. I apologize if this isn't the right place for it, but I'm not sure where to put it. And I really want to know. What do you think they should do with EJ? I agree that Hogan did go way too far with the character. But now what?
Edited by Fuzzy, Oct 10 2008, 07:40 PM.

Fuzzy

ladyofthelake
Oct 10 2008, 07:10 PM
Fuzzy
Oct 10 2008, 03:18 PM
marisol40
Oct 10 2008, 01:56 PM
Psst Psst.. Fuzzy

Wait until Brady (Eric) gets there. :-)
Lol. That won't help me find a decent love interest for Philip. Unless you're suggesting a Philip/Brady pairing? I could go for that. :D
BRADY is Philip's nephew. UGGGHHHH!! Isabella, Brady's mother, was Philip's half sister.
Oops. Sorry. I completely forgot. That would be majorly icky. Worse than Stax.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Friday
Sami agrees to enter the witness protection program; Melanie tries to seduce Philip.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

The operative word being "tries", but now that they're trying this route..............egads. Just bring Belle back for Philip and let's be done with all this, OK???

Posted Image

aimees76
Member Avatar

Why do I keep watching this show?

Kyrai

Paxton
Oct 10 2008, 11:53 AM
Kyrai
Oct 10 2008, 11:43 AM
I'd want things resolved alot more than they are. That never seems to happen with this writing team though. We're just presented with a change as a fact, and don't get to see real growth. I think that's a shame.

Very well put. The "redemption" of St. EJ springs to mind. I'm still waiting on his apologies to everyone he tried to kill. I also didn't hear him apologizing to Sami for torturing her by making her think he had poisoned her and her unborn babies; I guess they didn't have time to fit that in to the five minute explanation of how December 29 was him thinking he was making love to her.

I don't think it's just this writing team, though. Lucas and Sami both got whitewashed beyond recognition by Hogan and both IMO suffered immensely for it. Hogan made EJ way too BSC and Dena tried to fix it through the magical combination of ignoring most of it and offering a half-hearted and insulting "explanation" for his actions towards one (and only one) of his victims. I've lost hope that EJ trying to kill Lucas by locking him in the freezer truck will ever be brought up. And I don't even like Lucas!
My comment was meant as a general comment, not Nicole only. I've felt the same way about EJ, and I've wanted more resolution/discussion between other characters as well.

However, Ej has at least been shown reflecting on his life and being genuinely sorry for how he was. He sided against Stefano and appears to be trying to turn over a new leaf. I would LOVE them to redeem him more. I'd like him to have real interactions with the people he's hurt, have him make selfless decisions that show he's changed. Telling Marlena about John and turning away from Stefano were a start, but I'd like to see it progress a lot more, even if they keep him gray and show him struggling with decisions. I like that his primary motivation now is Johnny and making good choices for his son. I think they've shown him growing in his day to day activities, but I'd certainly like more real story. I was hoping the Dimera story would be a perfect opportunity to test Ej's character and have him show without doubt where his loyalties lie, but that seems to have disintegrated. They've been too busy having him and Sami ping pong back and forth to give anyone any real story imo.

I've just never seen Nicole appear sorry for anything she's done. As I mentioned, this baby is the first I've seen of any kind of hope that she'll want to be a better person for her child. After seeing how much she wants this child, I personally was hoping she'd continue and that they would show her changing as she struggles to have and raise this baby. Whether that happens or not remains to be seen.

Edited by Kyrai, Oct 11 2008, 08:04 AM.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i just want to jump in on the remorse/redemption debate. no character ever truly shows remorse on this show--not nicole, or ej, or sami, or anyone else that has ever done anything bad. true remorse isn't about doing a favor for someone that you hurt and being redeemed. it's not even about being sorry for the consequences of your actions. remorse is about feeling bad for your MOTIVES for committing the act. i don't remember ej ever addressing the fact that he did all of the bad things he did because of his obsession with sami, and his willingness to be one of stefano's soldiers. he's never been sorry that his obsession with sami hurt her and lucas and will. he just doesn't care. and this is coming from an ej fan, too. i agree that nicole has not been totally redeemed, but neither has ej or sami. ej has been working on it, sami, not so much. she is just as childish and vindictive as she has ever been.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Oct 11 2008, 11:56 AM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

luvpumpkns
Oct 11 2008, 11:54 AM
i just want to jump in on the remorse/redemption debate. no character ever truly shows remorse on this show--not nicole, or ej, or sami, or anyone else that has ever done anything bad. true remorse isn't about doing a favor for someone that you hurt and being redeemed. it's not even about being sorry for the consequences of your actions. remorse is about feeling bad for your MOTIVES for committing the act. i don't remember ej ever addressing the fact that he did all of the bad things he did because of his obsession with sami, and his willingness to be one of stefano's soldiers. he's never been sorry that his obsession with sami hurt her and lucas and will. he just doesn't care. and this is coming from an ej fan, too. i agree that nicole has not been totally redeemed, but neither has ej or sami. ej has been working on it, sami, not so much. she is just as childish and vindictive as she has ever been.
There is a ton of WORD to this.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I second that WORD!

And Fuzzy - I really have no clue what they should do with EJ now. I kind of like him the way he is. I honestly think that they were going to kill EJ off after the rape or whatever, but fan reaction to him was pretty big.
I admit that I was surprised that I still liked the guy...even after all of his shit that he pulled. Don't know why. Is it because he is a good character? Or because he is so damn gorgeous? Don't know.

I liked him when he was pretty devious and his slimy one liners, but with a guy like that, there isn't much you can do with him to make him interact with other characters that like him. You could keep him as an outsider, and have him never win...because the bad guys on Days never win.

Or you can kind of insta-redeem him like they did, throw him in the mix with everyone and build stories around him. He is a great actor and good looking and has chemistry with many other actors, so it is smart that they use him.

Back in the day when Sami was a hellion with an attitude, he and Sami would have made a great couple with her being pulled to be a good Brady and a bitchy Dimera and I thought they would be a great story, but alas, they made her Saint Sami, Savior of the Bradys and it just killed her for me. And that made EJ look like pathetic psycho who followed her like a puppy.

EJ's redemption was quick and they really did white wash him, and his presence at Shawn's funeral was the weirdest thing this show has done, but I am glad they didn't kill him off.

suzipawhuska
Member Avatar

If Sami is shot, maybe that is the way she gets out of having another DiMera baby. Unless of course she isfarther along then what Dr. said and it is Lucas's baby!

mesagirl
Member Avatar

FOOL4DOOL
Oct 10 2008, 05:54 PM
Paxton
Kyrai
I'd want things resolved alot more than they are. That never seems to happen with this writing team though. We're just presented with a change as a fact, and don't get to see real growth. I think that's a shame.

Very well put. The "redemption" of St. EJ springs to mind. I'm still waiting on his apologies to everyone he tried to kill. I also didn't hear him apologizing to Sami for torturing her by making her think he had poisoned her and her unborn babies; I guess they didn't have time to fit that in to the five minute explanation of how December 29 was him thinking he was making love to her.

I don't think it's just this writing team, though. Lucas and Sami both got whitewashed beyond recognition by Hogan and both IMO suffered immensely for it. Hogan made EJ way too BSC and Dena tried to fix it through the magical combination of ignoring most of it and offering a half-hearted and insulting "explanation" for his actions towards one (and only one) of his victims. I've lost hope that EJ trying to kill Lucas by locking him in the freezer truck will ever be brought up. And I don't even like Lucas!
I can clearly remember EJ torturing Steve, whipping on him, patting him on the head and calling him "good dog". Then lately I've seen Steve and EJ chatting quite amiably. All that chaps my hiney, his "redemption" has to be the biggest crock since soaps began.
:rockon:

ICAM

These are the reasons (well some of them anyway) why I hate EJami with a passion. EJ has so much to be forgiven for, and he hasn't apologized to anyone except Sami (and that was such a lame ass attempt at explaining the rape anyway - making love my patootie!). He didn't even apologize to John once it was acknowledged that he shot him and left him for dead.

I do see Nicole trying to make amends with the people she's hurt along the way. She's been trying to mend fences with Phil and Chloe, mentioning her mistakes that she made with them in the past. Personally I think Nicole has come further along in terms of redemption than EJ has.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Daytime Dial spoilers

NEXT WEEK:

* Philip confronts Daniel about his relationship with Kate.

* Nicole begins to experience intense abdominal pain.

* Chelsea tries to make dinner plans with Nick.

* Max breaks up with Stephanie.

* Melanie decides to leave Salem while she still can.

Thursday – The killer takes aim and fires at Sami.

Friday – Daniel reveals Kate’s final test results.

http://daytimedial.blogspot.com/

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting, Angie!!

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Thanks, as always, Angie.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Haha Chelsea tries to make dinner plans with Nick, but I am guessing he says no so he can have dinner with melanie.

aimees76
Member Avatar

mesagirl
Oct 13 2008, 11:01 PM
FOOL4DOOL
Oct 10 2008, 05:54 PM
Paxton
Kyrai

:rockon:

ICAM

These are the reasons (well some of them anyway) why I hate EJami with a passion. EJ has so much to be forgiven for, and he hasn't apologized to anyone except Sami (and that was such a lame ass attempt at explaining the rape anyway - making love my patootie!). He didn't even apologize to John once it was acknowledged that he shot him and left him for dead.

I do see Nicole trying to make amends with the people she's hurt along the way. She's been trying to mend fences with Phil and Chloe, mentioning her mistakes that she made with them in the past. Personally I think Nicole has come further along in terms of redemption than EJ has.
:rockon: :hail: :cheers: :applause: Double Word!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Soap Summary for week of 10/20

DAYS OF OUR LIVES: After coming face to face with Mayor Marino's killer, Sami interrupts an intimate moment between EJ and Nicole. Nicole doesn't believe Sami's story until she trips over Marino's body.

The murderer realizes his cover could be blown and vows to kill Sami. Roman tells Sami there's only one way to keep her safe -- she needs to enter the witness protection program. Melanie vaguely tells Max what happened the night their father died and begs Max to keep her secret. Max later confides in Stephanie that Melanie admitted she may have killed Trent.

Stephanie tells Hope and Bo there is something they need to know about Melanie. Stephanie tells Bo and Hope that Melanie argued with Trent in the cemetery the night he was murdered. Bo and Hope confront Melanie. Melanie decides to leave town. She finds a note slipped under her door that says: "I saw you at the cemetery. I know what happened." Stephanie admits to Max she spoke to Bo and Hope. Max breaks up with Stephanie.

John finds Nicole in terrible pain, but she refuses to go to the doctor. Marlena tells John that she still plans to file the divorce papers. Kate is diagnosed with lung cancer. SNEAK PEEK: The murder investigation heats up.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/entertainment/tv/sfl-1025-soap-summary,0,1783643.story

daisysmommy

Angie79
Oct 17 2008, 01:01 AM
Soap Summary for week of 10/20

DAYS OF OUR LIVES: After coming face to face with Mayor Marino's killer, Sami interrupts an intimate moment between EJ and Nicole. Nicole doesn't believe Sami's story until she trips over Marino's body.

The murderer realizes his cover could be blown and vows to kill Sami. Roman tells Sami there's only one way to keep her safe -- she needs to enter the witness protection program. Melanie vaguely tells Max what happened the night their father died and begs Max to keep her secret. Max later confides in Stephanie that Melanie admitted she may have killed Trent.

Stephanie tells Hope and Bo there is something they need to know about Melanie. Stephanie tells Bo and Hope that Melanie argued with Trent in the cemetery the night he was murdered. Bo and Hope confront Melanie. Melanie decides to leave town. She finds a note slipped under her door that says: "I saw you at the cemetery. I know what happened." Stephanie admits to Max she spoke to Bo and Hope. Max breaks up with Stephanie.

John finds Nicole in terrible pain, but she refuses to go to the doctor. Marlena tells John that she still plans to file the divorce papers. Kate is diagnosed with lung cancer. SNEAK PEEK: The murder investigation heats up.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/entertainment/tv/sfl-1025-soap-summary,0,1783643.story
Could someone please explain ANY logic/theory/supposition re why Marlena would still file divorce papers? Except to have J&M fans tune out for good?

I don't even care if you are a hater, if you have even a SWAG on the matter, I would love to know.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply