Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers & Previews; week of 10/20 *UPDATED 10/17*
Topic Started: Oct 7 2008, 10:01 PM (9,818 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

daisysmommy
Oct 17 2008, 01:17 AM
Angie79
Oct 17 2008, 01:01 AM
Soap Summary for week of 10/20

DAYS OF OUR LIVES: After coming face to face with Mayor Marino's killer, Sami interrupts an intimate moment between EJ and Nicole. Nicole doesn't believe Sami's story until she trips over Marino's body.

The murderer realizes his cover could be blown and vows to kill Sami. Roman tells Sami there's only one way to keep her safe -- she needs to enter the witness protection program. Melanie vaguely tells Max what happened the night their father died and begs Max to keep her secret. Max later confides in Stephanie that Melanie admitted she may have killed Trent.

Stephanie tells Hope and Bo there is something they need to know about Melanie. Stephanie tells Bo and Hope that Melanie argued with Trent in the cemetery the night he was murdered. Bo and Hope confront Melanie. Melanie decides to leave town. She finds a note slipped under her door that says: "I saw you at the cemetery. I know what happened." Stephanie admits to Max she spoke to Bo and Hope. Max breaks up with Stephanie.

John finds Nicole in terrible pain, but she refuses to go to the doctor. Marlena tells John that she still plans to file the divorce papers. Kate is diagnosed with lung cancer. SNEAK PEEK: The murder investigation heats up.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/entertainment/tv/sfl-1025-soap-summary,0,1783643.story
Could someone please explain ANY logic/theory/supposition re why Marlena would still file divorce papers? Except to have J&M fans tune out for good?

I don't even care if you are a hater, if you have even a SWAG on the matter, I would love to know.
To set up a big reunion down the line and to keep this story going since they probably have no idea what to do with them once it's over.

Thanks, Angie for posting. Sounds good.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Oct 17 2008, 01:31 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

daisysmommy
Oct 17 2008, 01:17 AM
Angie79
Oct 17 2008, 01:01 AM
Soap Summary for week of 10/20

DAYS OF OUR LIVES: After coming face to face with Mayor Marino's killer, Sami interrupts an intimate moment between EJ and Nicole. Nicole doesn't believe Sami's story until she trips over Marino's body.

The murderer realizes his cover could be blown and vows to kill Sami. Roman tells Sami there's only one way to keep her safe -- she needs to enter the witness protection program. Melanie vaguely tells Max what happened the night their father died and begs Max to keep her secret. Max later confides in Stephanie that Melanie admitted she may have killed Trent.

Stephanie tells Hope and Bo there is something they need to know about Melanie. Stephanie tells Bo and Hope that Melanie argued with Trent in the cemetery the night he was murdered. Bo and Hope confront Melanie. Melanie decides to leave town. She finds a note slipped under her door that says: "I saw you at the cemetery. I know what happened." Stephanie admits to Max she spoke to Bo and Hope. Max breaks up with Stephanie.

John finds Nicole in terrible pain, but she refuses to go to the doctor. Marlena tells John that she still plans to file the divorce papers. Kate is diagnosed with lung cancer. SNEAK PEEK: The murder investigation heats up.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/entertainment/tv/sfl-1025-soap-summary,0,1783643.story
Could someone please explain ANY logic/theory/supposition re why Marlena would still file divorce papers? Except to have J&M fans tune out for good?

I don't even care if you are a hater, if you have even a SWAG on the matter, I would love to know.
Maybe it's time to show Marlena as more of a true, independent woman rather than hanging onto a John that's no longer her John for sentimental reasons. And, like Phoenix said, a reunion down the road. John is going to have to work for her love. I'd rather Marlena have to work for JOHN'S love, because we just kinda went through "John working to win Marlena back" through the whole amnesia thing, but there you have it.

If they didn't do this, truly, they probably wouldn't have a storyline. They're running out of ideas that would make the masses happy. It would be nice to see Marlena stick through with John while they deal with the headaches, but Kate is cornering the market on the Deathly Illness of the Season. And cornering it very well, I might add. That's why i enjoy being a general fan! If I don't like one storyline, I can give my attention to another and still continue with the show.

Kyrai

ladyofthelake
Oct 17 2008, 06:04 AM
Maybe it's time to show Marlena as more of a true, independent woman rather than hanging onto a John that's no longer her John for sentimental reasons. And, like Phoenix said, a reunion down the road. John is going to have to work for her love. I'd rather Marlena have to work for JOHN'S love, because we just kinda went through "John working to win Marlena back" through the whole amnesia thing, but there you have it.

If they didn't do this, truly, they probably wouldn't have a storyline. They're running out of ideas that would make the masses happy. It would be nice to see Marlena stick through with John while they deal with the headaches, but Kate is cornering the market on the Deathly Illness of the Season. And cornering it very well, I might add. That's why i enjoy being a general fan! If I don't like one storyline, I can give my attention to another and still continue with the show.
I'd like to see John and Marlena both as independent strong people again. I also agree that I'd rather have seen Marlena work for John's love and her stick with him thru this brain cloud crisis that seems to have disappeared for the moment.

I do think the writers are having trouble thinking up any other storyline, but I really don't understand why. I can think of so many stories I'd love to see them in that have nothing to do with breaking them up. Risk and angst and concern, yes, but I'd like some stories about the strength of love and triumph vs. love failing. Ensemble stories where J&M and other characters are involved in the community and get caught up in taking risks to help others, making a difference. I love a good love story, but they haven't had a good love story on this show in quite a while. I'd rather have some good stories that lead to new love stories for other couples while showing the strength of love these 'special' couples who have already had their love tested instead of a break them up put them back together story.

I know I'm dreaming, but I do think good stories could be written. There can still be angst and fun and love shown for a couple already deeply in love.

J&M are my favorite couple, but I am also usually a general fan as well. I'm following other stories like Abe/Lexie, Date, and Stefano stuff, but there is no really good story keeping me involved and that's probably my biggest problem. I'm trying to keep watching.

Dayzfan
Member Avatar

God I hope Kate is not being written off the show. Sounds like it could wind up Daniel and Kate going off somewhere together to spend her last days

hops
Member Avatar

Kyrai
Oct 17 2008, 06:30 AM
I'd like to see John and Marlena both as independent strong people again. I also agree that I'd rather have seen Marlena work for John's love and her stick with him thru this brain cloud crisis that seems to have disappeared for the moment.

I do think the writers are having trouble thinking up any other storyline, but I really don't understand why. I can think of so many stories I'd love to see them in that have nothing to do with breaking them up. Risk and angst and concern, yes, but I'd like some stories about the strength of love and triumph vs. love failing. Ensemble stories where J&M and other characters are involved in the community and get caught up in taking risks to help others, making a difference. I love a good love story, but they haven't had a good love story on this show in quite a while. I'd rather have some good stories that lead to new love stories for other couples while showing the strength of love these 'special' couples who have already had their love tested instead of a break them up put them back together story.

I know I'm dreaming, but I do think good stories could be written. There can still be angst and fun and love shown for a couple already deeply in love.

J&M are my favorite couple, but I am also usually a general fan as well. I'm following other stories like Abe/Lexie, Date, and Stefano stuff, but there is no really good story keeping me involved and that's probably my biggest problem. I'm trying to keep watching.
I agree, there are so many story ideas, where a couple like J&M and other long time couples can have conflict without resorting to third parties. I realize that fan fic writers focus on certain couples, but even if half their ideas were used you could have story for years. I miss seeing couples that truly 'like' each other. I'm only speaking for myself, but that's what I always liked the most about my favourite couple (J&M). I have seen it in them here and there, like on Thursday's show. I just hope when they do get some more scenes together that connection between them is built on. I like the 'good guys', lol

Bring Martha's Belle back and there would actually be one character in the 25-35 year old range that I could root for.
Edited by hops, Oct 17 2008, 11:58 PM.

Nicole Walker

Um Nicole take your azz to the doctor. Being afraid will not get you anywhere.

River

hops
Oct 17 2008, 11:43 PM
Kyrai
Oct 17 2008, 06:30 AM
I'd like to see John and Marlena both as independent strong people again
. ....Bring Martha's Belle back and there would actually be one character in the 25-35 year old range that I could root for.

I agree that the writing for Marlena could be stronger, but it has improved slightly in recent weeks. I would also like to see the return of Belle, who is a more important character to the canvas than I have ever found Chloe to be.
Edited by River, Oct 19 2008, 03:00 PM.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Unfortunately, Belle is tied up with Shawn. They were dreadfully boring together as adults. I'd love for Belle to come back sans Shawn and get back with Philip and I mean Martha as Belle. They were great together.

I'm thoroughly enjoying Days now. Seeing the characters that I've loved through the years makes it very special and the stories are making me tune in again. But, Stefano, oh Stefano, how I love him. It's fun seeing John and Stefano together as brothers, too. John and Nicole together as friends are fun to watch. And, Jay Kenneth is the hottest young man ever. I love EJ with Nicole, but detest the story with him and Sami. Doesn't make sense at all.
Edited by DaysFanJean, Oct 21 2008, 09:50 AM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

DaysFanJean
Oct 21 2008, 09:46 AM
Unfortunately, Belle is tied up with Shawn. They were dreadfully boring together as adults. I'd love for Belle to come back sans Shawn and get back with Philip and I mean Martha as Belle. They were great together.

I'm thoroughly enjoying Days now. Seeing the characters that I've loved through the years makes it very special and the stories are making me tune in again. But, Stefano, oh Stefano, how I love him. It's fun seeing John and Stefano together as brothers, too. John and Nicole together as friends are fun to watch. And, Jay Kenneth is the hottest young man ever. I love EJ with Nicole, but detest the story with him and Sami. Doesn't make sense at all.
All I can say is:

ICAM
ditto
What you said....
Good summary here!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply