Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Bobby casting call
Topic Started: Oct 8 2008, 02:01 AM (1,544 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I think this may have been posted a while back, but it might been updated or something since it is the listed with today's date.

Sides for Bobby

Contract Role.

Fade in:

(Bobby in front of the mirror, striking an "at-bat" pose with an imaginary baseball bat)

Bobby: Fly ball to center. Oh baby, he crushed that one. It is high, it is deep, it is....

(A voice cuts through the doorway)

Melanie: A pop up to the shortstop. The game is over. Oh, baby.

(Bobby turns to see Melanie regarding him with amusement.)

Bobby: How long have you been standing there?

Melanie: (shrugs) Long enough to see that you've got a pretty sweet swing.

Bobby: You could've knocked.

Melanie: Yeah. I could have, but then I would have missed the show.

Bobby: Did you want something in particular?

Melanie: Not really.

Bobby: I'll see you around then.

Melanie: You don't want me to leave. I can tell. (She waltz's past him into the room) So you're a good ball player huh?

Bobby: Not bad.

Melanie: Captain of your school team. So my brother tells me.

Bobby: Yeah? What else did he say?

Melanie: (ignores) Why'd your mom send you away, anyway?

Bobby: (turns on her) What?

Melanie: How come she packed you off to a boarding school?

Bobby: (angrily) She didn't "pack me off". And don't talk about my mom like that.

Melanie: Like what?

Bobby: Like she did something bad. I'm sick of people coming down on my mother.

Melanie: All I said was....

Bobby: (cuts her off/angry) You don't know what you're talking about.

Melanie: Okay, sorry. I was just making conversation. (eyes him a beat/taken back by his reaction) There are no girls at your boarding school, right? So what do you do?

Bobby: (eyes her) What do you mean?

Melanie: For fun. What do you do for fun?

Bobby: There's a girls' school about twenty miles away.

Melanie: So how's that work? You guys run over and sneak in the dorms after hours and stuff?

Bobby: (grins) How old are you?

Melanie: You know how old.

Bobby: Sixteen.

Melanie: So?

Bobby: There are things you're not supposed to know.

Melanie: Trust me I know plenty.

Bobby: If you say so.

Melanie: So I hear all you ever did with the girls at that school is have dances with them.

Bobby: I did? Okay. We....had "dances." You heard right.

Melanie: (sarcastic) Dances. Wow. That's off the hook. Crazy insane.

Bobby: So what's "off the hook" here in Salem these days? What do you and your friends do for a good time?

Melanie: We just kind of let things happen. You know? If something feels right, we go with it.

Bobby: Sounds simple enough.

Melanie: It is. You should try it sometime.

Bobby: (looks her up and down) Maybe I will.

Melanie: Yeah......if your lucky.

Melanie exits.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I hope it's a Will recast.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This is the same casting call that was up in the Spring I believe. It was around the time Lucas was coming out of jail, I believe. I remember we all speculated that Will had met Melanie overseas or something.

This is so obviously Will. Bobby=Robert...Will ROBERTS. The reference to his mother sending him away and I do think Will mentioned baseball a few times. I can get on board with this.

Having watched tomorrow's episode, Lucas and Sami mention Will again and it appears the show is going in the direction of Chick so looks like Will could be for Melanie.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

This is clearly Will...I would be okay with a recasted Will returning..But why would they bring Will back if Lucas was leaving the show? This makes me think Lucas might not be leaving..

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I found the old one. It was posted in May. It was actually the casting call for Melanie and instead of Bobby, the guy's name was Chris.

http://s7.zetaboards.com/DaytimeRoyalty/topic/240778/1/

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Yep. That is the one we all were talking about. Seems like they used the same one and just reversed it.

Kev, I'm beginning to doubt that Lucas is leaving unless his leaving somehow brings Will back to Salem. That may be it. The way they are writing Lucas now, I kind of don't want him to leave.

jane1978

Kevc1980
Oct 8 2008, 02:21 AM
This is clearly Will...I would be okay with a recasted Will returning..But why would they bring Will back if Lucas was leaving the show? This makes me think Lucas might not be leaving..
I hope you are right and this is Will. Unless with Morgan the show did a really good job incorporating Melanie into Salem canvas and if this "Bobby" is indeed a love interest for her he needs to have some roots in Salem too. Of course, the script is old and says Mel is 16, while in reality they made her almost 18 so who knows if they even pair them together.

Anyway, I hope this means Mel is there to stay and the rumours about her being the mysterious second actress who supposedly was let go can be finally put to the rest.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I don't care for Will, though hopefully the recasted guy will be better than the old actor. I still feel like it's taking two characters we barely know and putting them in a romance. Why do that? I still hope he's just a foil for Nick.

And what's up with Melanie saying she is 16 now?

Jonatha

Angie79
Oct 8 2008, 02:22 AM
I found the old one. It was posted in May. It was actually the casting call for Melanie and instead of Bobby, the guy's name was Chris.

http://s7.zetaboards.com/DaytimeRoyalty/topic/240778/1/
Thanks for finding it, Angie. Forget the PM I just sent you. :laugh:

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

This does sound an awful lot like Will. Wonder what this means in storyline for Lucas? Maybe he'll have one and isn't on the chopping block?? Interesting...............

Dragonish1
Member Avatar

I sure hope Will does not return. I hated that character so much....not since Abby had I loathed a couple's spawn so much.

jane1978

Tripp
Oct 8 2008, 06:53 AM
I don't care for Will, though hopefully the recasted guy will be better than the old actor. I still feel like it's taking two characters we barely know and putting them in a romance. Why do that? I still hope he's just a foil for Nick.

And what's up with Melanie saying she is 16 now?
As someone noticed the script is old and was used for Melanie casting. I quess they wanted Mel to be 16 originally, but made her older so the pairing with Nick is possible.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

Dragonish1
Oct 8 2008, 07:35 AM
I sure hope Will does not return. I hated that character so much....not since Abby had I loathed a couple's spawn so much.
agree! both will and abby were such sniveling brats. i hated both of them with a passion.

Pearly
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 8 2008, 02:31 AM
^Yep. That is the one we all were talking about. Seems like they used the same one and just reversed it.

Kev, I'm beginning to doubt that Lucas is leaving unless his leaving somehow brings Will back to Salem. That may be it. The way they are writing Lucas now, I kind of don't want him to leave.
CO-sign on this post....I like where this is going.

:popcorn:

Thanks, Angie.
Edited by Pearly, Oct 8 2008, 09:34 AM.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

Pearly
Oct 8 2008, 09:27 AM
PhoenixRising05
Oct 8 2008, 02:31 AM

CO-sign on this post....I like where this is going.

:popcorn:

Thanks, Angie.
Sure sounds like Will to me.

I wonder if they'll revisit the EJ shooting s/l at all. There are a lot of us that were wondering if Will was the shooter and Lucas did a cover up for him. Interesting.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Yes, this definitely sounds like Will, with the comments about his mother in particular. I don't mind the character of Will, it was the actor who bugged, although I hate to say that about a kid. Hopefully the new guy will be less annoying.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

I just find it odd that yet another contract role is being added when there are rumors of actors being let go.

As of now, some actors are barely seen and some are seen non-stop.

I'm not a fan of all the characters, but when stories are well written and the show is being presented in a balanced manner I can enjoy it. But I find it hard to even care about new characters when the old ones are so seldom seen.

Perhaps this will make more sense before long. Tick tock, Higs, tick tock.

Thanks for the info Angie!
Edited by pspcindy, Oct 8 2008, 09:57 AM.

Nicole Walker

They need to bring Will back. It's time he comes home. Poor kid must feel like an outsider. LOL.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm all for a Will recast. Lets hope he's a decent actor, and please write the child as someone that's believable to have been raised by Lucas and Sami. I don't want this nice guy character. No. This kid needs to be the spawn of Satan. I want a hellraiser.

And how awesome is it going to be to see Sami react to Melanie. She's going to know what Kate's been going through for the last 15 years! Karam's coming for you, Sami!

Mason

I'm not a fan of Will, but I do think he has a place on the show right now, with everything that's going on with Lucas, Sami, and Kate.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply