Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD:Trouble Ahead for Sami
Topic Started: Oct 8 2008, 08:39 PM (3,345 Views)
Alligato
Member Avatar

I don't think so. In the hospital, Lucas asked who's kid was it because it certainly wasn't his. I thought that put to rest those "sleep walking" sex rumors, but I guess you never know.

I know there a few fans who are freaked out because Nicole is getting in the way of EJ and Sami, but Lucas has been such a great friend and now they are sharing moments and talking about what could have been their child...I have always been more cautious of Lucas than Nicole, especially with Brady back in the picture.

Ugh...just not enjoying this. I guess I should wait to see how this all plays out!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Nicole Dimera
Oct 8 2008, 10:04 PM
Quote:

Sami asks Lucas to claim paternity but he refuses. There's a sad moment between the two of them of how it could have their child. In that conversation, you see their torn feelings and how hard it is for Lucas to let go of the woman he loves - and advise her what to do about her pregnancy with this other man's baby.

That bolded part is interesting. Is it their child and they don't know it?
How is that possible? Lucas caught her with EJ the night he came home from jail. From that point on, they were apart and barely had scenes most of the summer so I don't think the show has wiggle room at all to go there. They did with Bope and Zack but they had a built in out there with Bo and Hope both being brainwashed at the same time and there being alot of time gaps.

Nicole Walker

^Bope and Shelle sleep sex. It's possible. Especially with their history of sleepwalking and ending up in each others beds. Who knows? The whole Lumi thing is weird and i'm trying make sense of putting them back in each others orbit the way they have. Something is not right here. Lucas may end up passing the baby off as his or it could turn out to be his baby. Those are the only two reasons I can see why Lucas is as involved as he is in this storyline.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Oct 8 2008, 10:24 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Pheonix - while I think your idea is far fetched and way out there, and possibly too smart for Days, I love it! What drama, what excitement...although I am just starting to like Lucas and I would hate for him to go...if this is his way out, that is a great way to go!

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

bope had a year-long pregnancy. the show didn't try to address it. they just pretended hope concieved the last night she and bo were together, which was around christmas or new year's, right before zach died. hope gave birth 10 or 11 months later, if i remember correctly.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Oct 8 2008, 10:27 PM.

Nicole Walker

I do not want Lucas to die. He can save Sami but he just can't die. He has kids and he deserves to get some happiness after the hail he's been thru.

Quote:

bope had a year-long pregnancy. the show didn't try to address it. they just pretended hope concieved the last night she and bo were together, which was new year's, right before zach died. hope gave birth 10 or 11 months later, if i remember correctly.

I don't know if that's gonna happen or not. I just can't understand why Lucas is involved in this story the way he is. I have to question the writers motives.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Oct 8 2008, 10:29 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Alligato
Oct 8 2008, 10:23 PM
Pheonix - while I think your idea is far fetched and way out there, and possibly too smart for Days, I love it! What drama, what excitement...although I am just starting to like Lucas and I would hate for him to go...if this is his way out, that is a great way to go!
This may be why Lucas is being written how he is. His helping Ejami along...the show is trying to present Lucas is more likable to those who don't like him or those who may have turned on him in recent years. I've seen on several shows how they try to make characters more likable or have everything go right for them just before they are about to leave or get killed off. In order for Lucas' death to have impact, they want as many people as they can to like him. That way the emotion is there.

I'ts not far-fetched at all given what we know and all the speculation and what the show is given us. This has potential HUGE sweeps story/Emmy bait written all over it.

Mason

PhoenixRising05
Oct 8 2008, 10:14 PM
I think Lucas is going to die saving Sami. All these scenes of him and her being friends, getting passed their differences, his saying he cares about her still...now we have this scene and it's clear they still have feelings. There is also that casting call about Will and Lucas dying would bring him back to Salem. Now we have Sami witnessing a murder and the killer is going to come after her. My feeling is Lucas may die saving Sami and maybe even Lucas' death will play into Kate's situation (maybe lung donation or something). This brings Will back to Salem. Sami maybe has a breakdown or maybe even loses the baby as a result. That is a good setup for Ali's leave. It would also have an impact on Chloe, who grew close to him. Just a though. I just think based on everything going on and the way things are going it could be heading into something like this.
I would LOVE that scenario...which is why I'll be shocked if it actually plays out that way.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 8 2008, 10:31 PM
Alligato
This may be why Lucas is being written how he is. His helping Ejami along...the show is trying to present Lucas is more likable to those who don't like him or those who may have turned on him in recent years. I've seen on several shows how they try to make characters more likable or have everything go right for them just before they are about to leave or get killed off. In order for Lucas' death to have impact, they want as many people as they can to like him. That way the emotion is there.

I'ts not far-fetched at all given what we know and all the speculation and what the show is given us. This has potential HUGE sweeps story/Emmy bait written all over it.
good point. i would still rather see sami go than lucas, though.

Nicole Walker

Me too but the scenario is powerful. I just don't want Lucas to die so that's my only problem.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The show needs a big jolt that has lasting impact and that is powerful. It hasn't had one in ages. It had one with John's death but they reversed it and Shawn's death, while major, didn't do much for story. This would and it would impact many characters. The show needs to take a risk and this is one I think would help the show immensely and take several character in new and fresh directions, which is needed.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Oct 8 2008, 10:43 PM.

Nicole Walker

I will definetly cry.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 8 2008, 10:14 PM
The Lumi scene being mentioned me has me thinking. I like the sound of it but it almost makes it sound like something will happen there. It's almost like the show wants to reawaken Lumi for some reason but not make them endgame. It's clear Lucas and Chloe is going nowhere as the Sami issue will likely torpedo that as she will be living with them and Chloe already is having trouble with the Allie situation. Here is an idea I have based on the recent Lucas/Sami scenes and the scene being spoiled here:

I think Lucas is going to die saving Sami. All these scenes of him and her being friends, getting passed their differences, his saying he cares about her still...now we have this scene and it's clear they still have feelings. There is also that casting call about Will and Lucas dying would bring him back to Salem. Now we have Sami witnessing a murder and the killer is going to come after her. My feeling is Lucas may die saving Sami and maybe even Lucas' death will play into Kate's situation (maybe lung donation or something). This brings Will back to Salem. Sami maybe has a breakdown or maybe even loses the baby as a result. That is a good setup for Ali's leave. It would also have an impact on Chloe, who grew close to him. Just a though. I just think based on everything going on and the way things are going it could be heading into something like this.
I had the same thought last week. That everything sure was being tied up with a nice little bow where Lucas is concerned. Especially with the rumors swirling that Nelson posted. You could be on to something, Phoenix.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This idea would also explain why the show is keeping quiet about his status and why Bryan is saying nothing (normally, Bryan would say something by now with so many rumors out there). They may have been toying with this idea but were hesitant (hence the so called vet being "on the bubble"). I can see why they would be hesitant. He's been with the show for years and is thought to be well-liked and has many fans. I can see why they would be keeping an idea like this under wraps.

This is definitely a story you pull out during sweeps so, if something like this is coming, we should start hearing hints in the next two weeks. I can't wait to see November sweeps previews to see if I'm on the right track LOL.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Oct 8 2008, 10:59 PM.

Paul8148

My guess is that Stefano will fake his death and Lucas will come back later as the new pawn.

Nicole Walker

Well they did say a happy albeit catastrophe would happen in oct/november. I don't know what's happy about Lucas dying but maybe that is the reason why Lumi are suddenly chummy.

Quote:

My guess is that Stefano will fake his death and Lucas will come back later as the new pawn.

That would be funny.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Oct 8 2008, 11:07 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I've thought for a while now that Lucas was being edged out storyline wise, and it's very interesting to think about the comment upthread that when characters are being killed off they're having everything go well and are made likable to that the death has greater impact. Lucas now has a job, which he hasn't had in forever; Kate's illness has essentially reconciled him to her--he hasn't disowned her in a while; his relationship with Chloe never should have happened, but their hopefully inevitable and soon breakup will have more to do with Chloe just not being into him and not wanting to be a mom, not a huge heartbreaking breakup; and his scenes with Sami have been really good. I can only tolerate her with him these days and since I loathe Lumi generally I never thought I'd say that. Lucas has no storyline of his own, really. Now I'm kind of going to be disappointed if this story doesn't happen because it fits so well, lol.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Paul8148
Oct 8 2008, 11:05 PM
Well, Stefano did mention to Rolf that maybe it was time for a new Pawn after Rolf mentioned getting to John being he short-circuited. My thinking was that may be Brady though.

They did preview that happy catastrophe but it's not clear when that was to happen. Morgan, Philip, Chloe, Lucas, Sami, Nicole, and EJ were all mentioned as being a part of that. Everything else in the Fall Previews has happened so I suspect that would too even if Morgan is gone. I think many are assuming the double pregnancy is a happy catastrophe and that makes sense but my initial thinking was it would be a tragedy of some sort.

Nicole Walker

I thought it would be a tragedy as well.

Days4Life

Alligato
I liked that idea, too. It's drama and tragedy and romance all tied up with one big bow. The only down side is losing Lucas, and I know he has many fans. While I wouldn't be torn up about Lucas leaving, it is ironic that I'm just now beginning to like him a little bit. That's usually what happens when they fire someone--they make them likable or give them a good story just before they leave.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply