Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD:Trouble Ahead for Sami
Topic Started: Oct 8 2008, 08:39 PM (3,375 Views)
cjknick
Member Avatar

Do we even know what is coming up for SWEEPS? That whole thing about the happy catastrophe s/l involving Philip, Chloe, Lucas, Sami, Nicole, and EJ but minus Morgan now is that still going to happen have they scaled it back or scrapping it? Was this supposed to be the Sweeps s/l??? I am so confused!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

I really can't wait to hear what this big "happy catastrophe" is...or what Corday thinks a happy catastrophe is. This has been driving me crazy since he said it.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Alligato
Oct 9 2008, 09:14 AM
I really can't wait to hear what this big "happy catastrophe" is...or what Corday thinks a happy catastrophe is. This has been driving me crazy since he said it.
Me too. I keep thinking "catastrope" must refer to one singular event and not the dual pregnancies, as catastrophic as that is to my ability to watch EJ anymore.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Quote:

How is that possible? Lucas caught her with EJ the night he came home from jail. From that point on, they were apart and barely had scenes most of the summer so I don't think the show has wiggle room at all to go there.

As has been pointed out - sleeping sex or angry sex is possible. But it would be a total retcon at this point if they try to do it. Which is too bad - personally I'd rather Sami be having Lucas's child than EJ's.

Quote:

I think many are assuming the double pregnancy is a happy catastrophe and that makes sense but my initial thinking was it would be a tragedy of some sort.

I can sort of see that - but the double pregnancy would have zero effect on Philip and Morgan (presuming she was still with the show). And it sounds like the double pregnancy was not something that was planned all along and only recently came to the canvas.

As has been said so many times before, it is really hard to speculate about this stuff with all the backstage upheaval.

King
Member Avatar

I have to give Higley props.

I kind of like where this is going!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

MaterialGurl
Oct 8 2008, 08:45 PM
Anyone else sick of the whole EJ/Nicole/Sami triangle?
I wouldn't mind a bit of the Sami side disappeared for a while. That would solve a lot!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Oct 8 2008, 10:16 PM
Nicole Dimera
Oct 8 2008, 10:04 PM
Quote:

Sami asks Lucas to claim paternity but he refuses. There's a sad moment between the two of them of how it could have their child. In that conversation, you see their torn feelings and how hard it is for Lucas to let go of the woman he loves - and advise her what to do about her pregnancy with this other man's baby.

That bolded part is interesting. Is it their child and they don't know it?
How is that possible? Lucas caught her with EJ the night he came home from jail. From that point on, they were apart and barely had scenes most of the summer so I don't think the show has wiggle room at all to go there. They did with Bope and Zack but they had a built in out there with Bo and Hope both being brainwashed at the same time and there being alot of time gaps.
It's possible with the stroke of then pen. You're forgetting Days, the place that allowed a writer to bring back a guy from the dead after he donated his organs.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Oct 8 2008, 10:43 PM
The show needs a big jolt that has lasting impact and that is powerful. It hasn't had one in ages. It had one with John's death but they reversed it and Shawn's death, while major, didn't do much for story. This would and it would impact many characters. The show needs to take a risk and this is one I think would help the show immensely and take several character in new and fresh directions, which is needed.
I think a bigger jolt would to kill off Marlena.

Nicole Walker

^That's very true. If they did kill off Marlena for real, I suspect that the DOOL studio would be burnt to a crisp. LOL!

cassie1013

I feel kind of bad for Sami, but seriously....Her and EJ aren't even together. They never have been. They have this connection, yes, but they are not in love! Even EJ said it ... she needs to get over it - did she think her and EJ were just going to be a couple now that she's pregnant (again)? lol.

Nicole Walker

I honestly think Sami is a moron. She just makes things harder on herself and it really doesn't have to be that way if she'd listen.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Oct 9 2008, 11:33 PM.

d_sand
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Oct 9 2008, 11:31 PM
I honestly think Sami is a moron. She just makes things harder on herself and it really doesn't have to be that way if she'd listen.
The writing is painting Sami to be completely led by her fears. And that makes for an icky-looking Sami to me. (this is coming from someone who loves Sami. But I can still be bugged by her, and am...frequently.)

I think that Phoenix may be onto something. All the signs are there to indicate something huge happening btw Lucas and Sami. I mean more huge than them getting along and not screeching at one another. And I mean more huge than dopey "sleepwalking sex". The writing is giving Lumi all kinds of closure right now, which would be very necessary if something bad was about to happen to Lucas. (Lumi fans would be devastated if they had to lose Lumi AND there had been no closure.)

It's hard for me to fathom that Days would kill Lucas off, even though the drama potential is definitely there. Bryan has a large following, doesn't he? But they certainly are setting the stage for this to happen, imo.

As an Ejami fan, if this were to happen, I really hope that Sami is able to tell EJ that she loves him before something happens to Lucas. If not, Lumis will say to THEIR dying day that the only reason Sami is saying she loves EJ is that Lucas is no longer an option.

Nicole Walker

^Sami looks like a moron to me. Sorry I know you like her but she's just looking really stupid right now.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Oct 10 2008, 12:34 AM.

cassie1013

Sami looks like a moron because she didn't use a condom.

What is WRONG with these people? And then they're shocked to find out that they're pregnant! Pisses me off!

Fuzzy

Nicole Dimera
Oct 10 2008, 12:27 AM
^Sami looks like a moron to me. Sorry I know you like her but she's just looking really stupid right now.
But isn't that typical for supercouples? During JER's first run, I think Bo, Hope, John, Marlena, Jack, Jen, Carrie, and Austin had a combined IQ of about 80. Apparently, in order to have supercouple angst, you need them to act like dimwits.

Princessah
Member Avatar

I cant believe EJ didnt use a condom with Nicole. I mean, I love Nicole but she sleeps around and EJ knows she sleeps around. Stupid!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ladyofthelake
Oct 9 2008, 09:42 PM
PhoenixRising05
Oct 8 2008, 10:16 PM
Nicole Dimera
Oct 8 2008, 10:04 PM
Quote:

Sami asks Lucas to claim paternity but he refuses. There's a sad moment between the two of them of how it could have their child. In that conversation, you see their torn feelings and how hard it is for Lucas to let go of the woman he loves - and advise her what to do about her pregnancy with this other man's baby.

That bolded part is interesting. Is it their child and they don't know it?
How is that possible? Lucas caught her with EJ the night he came home from jail. From that point on, they were apart and barely had scenes most of the summer so I don't think the show has wiggle room at all to go there. They did with Bope and Zack but they had a built in out there with Bo and Hope both being brainwashed at the same time and there being alot of time gaps.
It's possible with the stroke of then pen. You're forgetting Days, the place that allowed a writer to bring back a guy from the dead after he donated his organs.
Yeah but that was under JER so anything is possible. Days without him is a bit more credible. It's on the save level is any soap nowadays actually :laugh: .

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Princessah
Oct 10 2008, 01:29 AM
I cant believe EJ didnt use a condom with Nicole. I mean, I love Nicole but she sleeps around and EJ knows she sleeps around. Stupid!
That's kind of hard considering their sex wasn't planned and they were trapped in an elevator. Can't blame him for not having one on him :laugh: .

cassie1013

Princessah
Oct 10 2008, 01:29 AM
I know! Especially with Nicole - was he trying to get STD's?!

The stupidity of these characters really cracks me up - but of course, it's such a train wreck I can't turn away.

Days4Life

d_sand
Oct 10 2008, 12:02 AM
I think that Phoenix may be onto something. All the signs are there to indicate something huge happening btw Lucas and Sami. I mean more huge than them getting along and not screeching at one another. And I mean more huge than dopey "sleepwalking sex". The writing is giving Lumi all kinds of closure right now, which would be very necessary if something bad was about to happen to Lucas. (Lumi fans would be devastated if they had to lose Lumi AND there had been no closure.)

It's hard for me to fathom that Days would kill Lucas off, even though the drama potential is definitely there. Bryan has a large following, doesn't he? But they certainly are setting the stage for this to happen, imo.

As an Ejami fan, if this were to happen, I really hope that Sami is able to tell EJ that she loves him before something happens to Lucas. If not, Lumis will say to THEIR dying day that the only reason Sami is saying she loves EJ is that Lucas is no longer an option.
I agree that something seems to be building. We're getting great Lucas/Sami scenes, but there's no romantic feeling at all. Just friendship tinged with regret for what might have been. That's the formula for tragedy....build him up, make us care, then kill him off. I have disliked Lucas for years, even hated him at tiimes, and the past couple weeks even I have liked him and have hoped he's not leaving.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply