Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD:Trouble Ahead for Sami
Topic Started: Oct 8 2008, 08:39 PM (3,459 Views)
Nicole Walker

Fuzzy
Oct 10 2008, 01:06 AM
Nicole Dimera
Oct 10 2008, 12:27 AM
^Sami looks like a moron to me. Sorry I know you like her but she's just looking really stupid right now.
But isn't that typical for supercouples? During JER's first run, I think Bo, Hope, John, Marlena, Jack, Jen, Carrie, and Austin had a combined IQ of about 80. Apparently, in order to have supercouple angst, you need them to act like dimwits.

I guess so, just makes me wanna FFWD and not even waste my time on something that's so dumb. JER's formula shouldn't be used since we have new writers and why would they want to copy him anyways. He already tanked his own show Passions. LOL. DUH.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Princessah
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 10 2008, 02:52 AM
Princessah
Oct 10 2008, 01:29 AM
I cant believe EJ didnt use a condom with Nicole. I mean, I love Nicole but she sleeps around and EJ knows she sleeps around. Stupid!
That's kind of hard considering their sex wasn't planned and they were trapped in an elevator. Can't blame him for not having one on him :laugh: .
Yeah, I get that, but it is at that point you say, I'm sorry, we will have to do this later, seriously.
It isnt safe with anyone but with someone you barely know and what you do know of them is that they sleep around, you dont do it unless you are protected. I mean unless getting laid is truly more important than catching a std, quite possibly a deadly one.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Princessah
Oct 10 2008, 11:03 PM
PhoenixRising05
Oct 10 2008, 02:52 AM
Princessah
Oct 10 2008, 01:29 AM
I cant believe EJ didnt use a condom with Nicole. I mean, I love Nicole but she sleeps around and EJ knows she sleeps around. Stupid!
That's kind of hard considering their sex wasn't planned and they were trapped in an elevator. Can't blame him for not having one on him :laugh: .
Yeah, I get that, but it is at that point you say, I'm sorry, we will have to do this later, seriously.
It isnt safe with anyone but with someone you barely know and what you do know of them is that they sleep around, you dont do it unless you are protected. I mean unless getting laid is truly more important than catching a std, quite possibly a deadly one.
In the heat of the sex moment when you can't just walk out the door, you'll say "We'll do this later???"
As much as people know about std's and pregnancy, you'd think there would be fewer std's and surprise pregnancies. Well................
besides, it's a soap. The soapy goodness wouldn't be there if they said "Hold on. I just happened to have a condom here!!" How many times do you see folks mention using condoms? On soaps, surprise pregnancies are just part of the package.
Heck, on ER, look at the DOCTORS who were written to have surprise pregnancies. Dr. Corday, Dr. Chen, Dr. Lockhart.....I'm sure there are more.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I am looking forward to seeing if Days addresses the problem of birth control. I mean, this man had sex with Sami only twice, and both times she gets pregnant...and EJ has sex with Nicole once and she gets pregnant.
Shouldn't it be a joke among people? That's funny. "Damn, EJ! Ever heard of wrapping it up?"

Shouldn't Marlena pull Sami aside and say, "didn't you use birth control?" Goodness knows they were interrupted enough to stop and tie one on!

And I know that Nicole sleeps around, but what about Nicole worrying about an STD from EJ. The man slept with Kate, and they mentioned on the racing circuit, he had quite a few women.

Birth control just isn't an issue on soaps...I guess it takes the fun out of these surprise pregnancies.

SoapFan82

annalee003
Oct 8 2008, 10:02 PM
zyona
Oct 8 2008, 09:56 PM
DolceDiMera
Oct 8 2008, 09:35 PM
Oh boohoo Sami, cry me a damn river. No sympathy from me, this character and her "love life" are extremely played out.
Can she take a long maternity leave like forever maybe, am sick of Sami and her drama.
The sad thing is not only she is not leaving but she getting a new love interest.

Can't wait. :drunk:
Don't you love it? Now we'll have Lucas, EJ and the new guy fighting each other for the love of fair Sami Brady.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Alligato
Oct 11 2008, 12:38 PM
I am looking forward to seeing if Days addresses the problem of birth control. I mean, this man had sex with Sami only twice, and both times she gets pregnant...and EJ has sex with Nicole once and she gets pregnant.
Shouldn't it be a joke among people? That's funny. "Damn, EJ! Ever heard of wrapping it up?"

Shouldn't Marlena pull Sami aside and say, "didn't you use birth control?" Goodness knows they were interrupted enough to stop and tie one on!

And I know that Nicole sleeps around, but what about Nicole worrying about an STD from EJ. The man slept with Kate, and they mentioned on the racing circuit, he had quite a few women.

Birth control just isn't an issue on soaps...I guess it takes the fun out of these surprise pregnancies.
Couple o' good snips will do the trick!!! :D

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 8 2008, 10:14 PM
Alligato
Oct 8 2008, 09:50 PM
This storyline is so stupid, and I am really pissed at AS for even suggesting this could happen. We were so getting strong, independant Sami and now, she is going to turn into a scared, weepy whiner.
Sorry Sami...if you lose him, it is your own damn fault!!!

Okay. Sorry about the rant! I'm better now!
That kind of hurt the story from the very start for me. I was finally getting what I, personally wanted (and it seemed like many others wanted it too) and this pregnancy derailed it all. The only hope to get back to that point IMO is Galen's character because there is no way she will go in that direction if the status quo as far as love interests remains.

The pregnancy story is unfolding better then I thought and this all does sound good. The Mayor stuff is what I'm looking too and I like the buildup with Sami being all upset after coming to tell him the truth and the murder happens. That should make for a good cliffhanger.

The Lumi scene being mentioned me has me thinking. I like the sound of it but it almost makes it sound like something will happen there. It's almost like the show wants to reawaken Lumi for some reason but not make them endgame. It's clear Lucas and Chloe is going nowhere as the Sami issue will likely torpedo that as she will be living with them and Chloe already is having trouble with the Allie situation. Here is an idea I have based on the recent Lucas/Sami scenes and the scene being spoiled here:

I think Lucas is going to die saving Sami. All these scenes of him and her being friends, getting passed their differences, his saying he cares about her still...now we have this scene and it's clear they still have feelings. There is also that casting call about Will and Lucas dying would bring him back to Salem. Now we have Sami witnessing a murder and the killer is going to come after her. My feeling is Lucas may die saving Sami and maybe even Lucas' death will play into Kate's situation (maybe lung donation or something). This brings Will back to Salem. Sami maybe has a breakdown or maybe even loses the baby as a result. That is a good setup for Ali's leave. It would also have an impact on Chloe, who grew close to him. Just a though. I just think based on everything going on and the way things are going it could be heading into something like this.
Ooh, so dramatic! I like this scenario a lot, Phoenix.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply