Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Eric Martsolf Update
Topic Started: Oct 9 2008, 03:32 PM (1,197 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Update October 9 - Eric Martsolf's publicist told Soaps.com that Eric will be taping starting Monday October 13, he has also inked a 4 year deal!

Soaps.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

FOUR YEARS?

Isn't DAYS the optimistic little show!

six
Member Avatar

Thanks, Angie.

Four years?

somersetfan
Member Avatar

Contracts mean nothing at Days, he could be gone by January.

Days4Life

I agree contracts mean nothing at DAYS, but I wonder if they are trying to send some kind of positive message with that four year deal.

marisol40

Quote:

FOUR YEARS?

Isn't DAYS the optimistic little show!

LOL, I thought the same thing. I hope the guy doesn't show up to an empty building in 2012. Apparently the young man has friends in high places. ;)

Sariah
Member Avatar

Days is being awfully optimistic!

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Oh, joy, four years of Brady. (well, maybe). :shrug:

Daytime
Member Avatar

somersetfan
Oct 9 2008, 03:40 PM
Contracts mean nothing at Days, he could be gone by January.
You said a mouth full, KR was on contract to 2010 and where is she now, booted right off the show. Contracts mean absolutely nothing to DOOL.

Mason

Thank God contracts mean nothing on this show. Otherwise, I'd totally be flipping my shit right now. We don't even need four months of Martsolf, let alone four years.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Congrats E,I am cautious on how long he'll really be there,but your fans love you and we're behind you a million percent.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Like others have said, contracts mean nothing on DAYS. However, it is pleasing to see that DAYS is optimistic about it's future on the air, continuing to sign these multi-year contracts.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

:cheers: to me getting a 10 yr deal~ :)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

As has been mentioned, contracts mean nothing but I guess it sends a message. Days has been signing alot of the younger stars to long-term deals and I think alot of that has to do with fear of losing them to film and primetime. I know it's Eric we are talking about here but the show still wants to be in control of his status so they rope Eric in for 4 and if they want to get rid of him, they just do when his cycle was up. That is probably the reason for the contract. It's a security measure for the show.

Corday did sound optimistic the last time he was interviewed in August. He said he was hopeful we would see another 5 years at least so who knows. As I said in the ratings thread, I believe NBC and Days are more focused on demos, along with many soaps, so that would explain the optimism.

Mason

While I do firmly believe DAYS has been or will be renewed, I'd be SHOCKED if it were for any longer than 2 years.

Nicole Walker

I can't wait for Eric to come back. I hope they have a really good story for Brady other than getting back together with Chloe.

marisol40

I want a really great storyline that includes getting back with Chloe!! :rockon:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Oct 9 2008, 07:50 PM
While I do firmly believe DAYS has been or will be renewed, I'd be SHOCKED if it were for any longer than 2 years.
Well, that is what it is. 2 years. That is what it will probably be from now on. The next time Days may be like Passions and we will start seeing it be renewed a year at a time. I don't expect Days to get a 5 year deal. if they do, there will be outs. I just think Corday is optimistic that they can last that long, if not longer.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Oct 10 2008, 02:54 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply