Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
AMC: Eileen Herlie has just passed away
Topic Started: Oct 9 2008, 12:55 PM (875 Views)
Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Gregorzick
Oct 9 2008, 09:17 PM
Eileen will be missed. Too bad that they didn't give out Emmys in the mid 1970s for Best Supporting Actress. La Herile could have won one easily in 1976 and 1977. Kitty's search for her mother was one of AMC's best storyline of the 1970s and Eileen's acting had a lot to do with that!!!I'd type more but I'm on the verge of tears right now.......RIP Eileen!!! :frown:
It was definitely a great storyline with Phoebe hiring Myrtle Lum to pose as Kitty's long lost mother. The acting between Eileen as a carny worker out to make a buck and Ruth as the increasingly erratic "problem drinker" Phoebe were unforgettable. So were those with Myrtle developing true maternal feelings for Kitty and the chemistry with Francesca James. It's a testament to that wonderful actress ,Eileen Herlie, that Myrtle Lum Fargate lasted for more than 30 years on a show which went through so many changes over the years.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

maryg23dz
Member Avatar

Oh, no! How sad... :'( I've been watching Myrtle on AMC since I was a little girl. My grandma loved her! You will be missed, Eileen...

KimAshton

RIP.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Four-time Daytime Emmy nominee Eileen Herlie has passed away.

Best known by American audiences as All My Children's Myrtle Fargate, the actress died at the age of 90 on Wednesday from complications due to pneumonia.

Eileen had a full career. She appeared in a number of films and even earned a Tony nomination for her work on Broadway.

In the late 40's, Miz Fargate was cast by the legendary Laurence Olivier for his film adaptation of Hamlet.

Impressive!

Eileen leaves behind a brother and nieces and nephews.

Our thoughts are with them.

http://perezhilton.com/2008-10-10-rip-123
Edited by Rakesh198, Oct 10 2008, 11:13 AM.

SallySlice
Member Avatar

This is so sad.

I can't believe we lost another great lady.

SallySlice
Member Avatar

I was wondering something...
Didn't the actress that played Mona pass away around the same time as the last tornado?
Like I thought her death was written in after a couple weeks after it all aired?
If so, this has happened again and I find it spooky.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply