Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
UPDATED Suds Report — Justis Bolding/Andrea Evans out!?; TVGC
Topic Started: Oct 10 2008, 01:55 PM (3,367 Views)
SallySlice
Member Avatar

Brian Frons you stupid dumb fuck!!

We waited 20 years for the real Tina to return and you and your network can't afford fucking airfare to get her to work!?

Un-fucking-believable.

Here's a thought for you Fronzie...fire some of those assholes you have working over on GH.
Some of those paychecks alone could feed the whole cast of OLTL for a long time to come.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I thought that Joan/Olivia feud started WAY before Joan's appearance on RH?

Mason
Member Avatar

SallySlice
Oct 11 2008, 09:19 PM
Brian Frons you stupid dumb fuck!!

We waited 20 years for the real Tina to return and you and your network can't afford fucking airfare to get her to work!?

Un-fucking-believable.

Here's a thought for you Fronzie...fire some of those assholes you have working over on GH.
Some of those paychecks alone could feed the whole cast of OLTL for a long time to come.

:applause:

And you just know if it were Maurice Benard, Frons would fly him in from another continent if he had to!

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

If you have a guest star category it would pay off for NATAS. You draw in big talent to your award show and if a big star like Betty White wins she will always be referred as a Daytime Emmy winner. And NATAS makes money off the award show — a lot — problem is the network loses money airing it.

SallySlice
Member Avatar

Shit...I know that's right Mason.

The show would fucking shut down production if some of those actors couldn't be flown in.

I'm so bitter and pissed off about this!

Don't you just hate it when you don't get your way?
Ugh...

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Dawn, The feud did start long before that but with both being out of the limelight pretty much it had not been reported on much. When Joan got in the papers and on TV it just reignited it.

And sorry but this time I agree with Frons.

Listen folks soap budgets are not what they used to be but even with that soaps have never paid for airfare and travel expenses for a performer. I mean a performer has a choice when they take a job. They know before hand where the job is at. It is their responsibility to get transportation there.

They start paying Evans her airfare then every performer that comes up for a job is going to want their gas or their subway fees paid. Some of them live in Jersey and commuter over.

If you want shows to disappear quicker than start as fans demanding stuff like this just so your fave can stay on the air. It comes down to your fave having a job or no one having a job.

And think about it in your life - do you honestly think if you took a job where you had to drive a long way to commute there do you honestly think your boss is going to pay your transportation there. Hell no they aren't. My brother took a job 2 hours away. It is his responsibility how he gets there and he chose to travel 4 hours every day to and from work. That is his responsibility.

And wishing for others to be fired just so one can work is pretty selfish to me. If Andrea wants to stay on the show then she needs to move back to New York. DWTS doesn't pay their stars air fees and stuff. I remember Cameron saying that was his responsibility but he chose to do it.

Mason
Member Avatar

Don't get me wrong, I don't seriously expect them to pay constant airfare for Andrea. I know that if she doesn't want to relocate to NY, then there's nothing they can do about it. It's just all very disappointing.

SallySlice
Member Avatar

No doubt.
I don't think AE should get special treatment either.

But I also don't think she should be treated like shit.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Well hopefully they'll bring her back for special occasions.

Anyway, when does Days and Y&R start appearing OnDemand?

SallySlice
Member Avatar

I got so pissy about the Andrea Evans news that I didn't read about anything else....LoL

Okay, I'm loving that Sarah is being dumped.
I hated the character as Flash and I still don't like her.
She's just so vanilla.
I'm hoping Carlo gets her and kills her for real.
Christian should be paired with Roseanne 2.0 or Jessica maybe.
Wouldn't Natalie just love that?

Am I the only fan who likes and remembers Cain?
He was such a little shit back in the day.
And funny...which I love in my men.
And the actor still looks fuckable, so I'm glad he keeps popping up.

I'm happy that this whore Jessie has been with for the last 20 years is only sticking around for a few months.
Jessie and Cassie?
Hello No!
I hope the only thing that makes Angie cry during all this, is when she is whooping their asses!
"You liars made me do this to you!"

Binky is making her 304th short appearance?
What a dick tease.
I hope Catherine and Heather make Eden's life a living hell for this.

Months without Kendall on my tv?
Thank you sweet Jesus!
Enjoy the honeymoon Alicia, I'm already starting mine with this news.
I love her and all, but being on every-single-fucking- day for the last 6 years gets to be a bit much.
Who do they think she is, Sonny?

I am sooooo going to miss Daniel.
I can't picture Kevin without his boyfriend.

The Days news makes me laugh.
I'm so glad I quit that show.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

You know what? The minute I read that JER part I immediately thought to myself it;s 2003 all over again.

Seriously. It's pretty much the same situation. Corday pushes good writers out (in 2002 it was B&C and in 2007 it's Hogan and co) to get Higley in there. Things either don't go well or just thread water and then when the show finally starts to stabilize and go somewhere under Higley, she is canned (I still believe she was a place filler for JER in 2003 anyway as I believe Corday already have some idea that JER would have to come back) and JER is brought back. Plus, the show's official renewal announcement is taking forever and, in the past, that usually means the announcement is coming with budget cuts and perhaps a writing change.

I guess it all is pointless now. I actually had a much longer post in mind but given his passing, I don't think it's appropriate.

Good stuff all around Nelson. Sucks about AE but I would rather see her go then continue to see her being used like this. Bolding is no loss at all and, as for Budig, no surprise. Greenlee's return has sucked as well.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply