Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Promo for wk of 10/13
Topic Started: Oct 10 2008, 04:02 PM (3,025 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

Jinxie
Oct 10 2008, 09:38 PM
The old Sami would lie and put off the child as Lucas'
Well it's not like she didn't try that first, LoL.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Mason
Oct 10 2008, 09:46 PM
Jinxie
I thought Lucas was there with her when she found out she is pregnant!

Mason
Member Avatar

Jinxie
Oct 10 2008, 09:49 PM
Mason
Oct 10 2008, 09:46 PM
Jinxie
I thought Lucas was there with her when she found out she is pregnant!
He was, but she tried talking him into letting her pass the kid off as Lucas's.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Ahhh! Sounds just like her.

Nicole Walker

I really wish it was Stefano that walked in on Ejole. OMG! Talk about drama.

EJole
Member Avatar
BANNED

I'm just thrilled! EJ and Nicole are sooo sweet together. I'm kinda sad for Sami, cause' she isn't technically with Lucas yet..
Go EJole and Lumi!

jane1978

Great preview. Btw. just saw Monday and the show flows really well. Also, we have a new director and Christopher Whitesell and Fran Myers are already in the credits, so this preview is already for the new team work and it should stay on track for now on.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

SpriteEyes
Oct 10 2008, 09:45 PM
Paxton
Oct 10 2008, 04:24 PM
Alligato
Oct 10 2008, 04:21 PM
Holy crap! When the article said that EJ and Nicole were going at it, I thought they meant they were fighting...not uh, screwing! I guess those two made up?
Oh boy!

I must say that I can't wait to see how this all plays out!
Thanks Angie!
The article said Sami was "heartbroken," so I assumed that meant it wasn't fighting but something else she saw (along with the mayor, apparently, lol).
"heartbroken" being the operative word. :rockon:

Couldn't break her heart if she didn't love him.
They say a lot of stuff in these articles. Sami being Sami, she could be heartbroken that Nicole got one over on her, too.

maryg23dz
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Oct 11 2008, 09:35 AM
SpriteEyes
Oct 10 2008, 09:45 PM
Paxton
Oct 10 2008, 04:24 PM
Alligato
Oct 10 2008, 04:21 PM
Holy crap! When the article said that EJ and Nicole were going at it, I thought they meant they were fighting...not uh, screwing! I guess those two made up?
Oh boy!

I must say that I can't wait to see how this all plays out!
Thanks Angie!
The article said Sami was "heartbroken," so I assumed that meant it wasn't fighting but something else she saw (along with the mayor, apparently, lol).
"heartbroken" being the operative word. :rockon:

Couldn't break her heart if she didn't love him.
They say a lot of stuff in these articles. Sami being Sami, she could be heartbroken that Nicole got one over on her, too.
Nah, I don't think so. Sami and Nicole have a rivalry, but Sami dreamt about kissing EJ, and she admitted to her parents that she loves EJ (of course not in so many words). IMO this whole Ejole thing is just :bs: . He runs out on their date to go see Sami, he picks Sami over her, he demands a paternity test next week, and calls her a gold-digger, and STILL, she wants to :sex4: ??? PUH-LEASE. :puke: How pathetic!!!!!

Mason
Member Avatar

If Nicole is pathetic, then so is E.J. He's been sniffing after Sami for two years, and she hasn't given him the time of day.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Oct 11 2008, 06:47 PM
If Nicole is pathetic, then so is E.J. He's been sniffing after Sami for two years, and she hasn't given him the time of day.
I don't know why people need debate who is pathetic from these three. They ALL ARE!
Quote Post Goto Top

d_sand
Member Avatar

Let me just say that Sami isn't going to be the only one who is heartbroken at this sight. I, for one, could cry.

Then, after crying, I would like to punch the writers in the face, one by one. What ticks me off worse than anything is this insipid pandering to ALL of the fanbases, ALL the time. They could have created drama and angst for EJ and Sami without having EJ and Nicole going immediately there. But, nooooo. It's much easier for them to write for "Days of Our Prurient Lives". They want to try to please everyone, all the time. Which, in the end, means they will be pleasing no one in any meaningful way.

Because trust me...if Ejole fans think this bodes all pretty and shiney for their couple, they are being set up to be disappointed, too. A person could get whiplash trying to find a couple to root for. I'm just sayin'.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

d_sand
Oct 11 2008, 07:25 PM
Let me just say that Sami isn't going to be the only one who is heartbroken at this sight. I, for one, could cry.

Then, after crying, I would like to punch the writers in the face, one by one. What ticks me off worse than anything is this insipid pandering to ALL of the fanbases, ALL the time. They could have created drama and angst for EJ and Sami without having EJ and Nicole going immediately there. But, nooooo. It's much easier for them to write for "Days of Our Prurient Lives". They want to try to please everyone, all the time. Which, in the end, means they will be pleasing no one in any meaningful way.

Because trust me...if Ejole fans think this bodes all pretty and shiney for their couple, they are being set up to be disappointed, too. A person could get whiplash trying to find a couple to root for. I'm just sayin'.
Uh, I don't think most of the EJole fans I know think life is going to be pretty or shiny any more than fans of ANY fanbase do. Every fanbase has its radicals. Every fanbase has level-headed folks who realize this is a TV show.
Pretty much, most EJole fans I know are going to enjoy it while they can, realizing this is the way the show works. So anyone-whether it's an Ejami fan, EJole fan, Jammer fan, Bope fan, Steve and Kayla fan, Chan fan, whatever.....-who says "nananabooboo, my couple wins, but not you" is going to get a swift kick in the teeth.

I know you've apologized before, but this is the second time I perceive a slight dig at EJole fans. I don't claim to be an EJole fan (just a serious Nicole fan), but I don't think they would appreciate that any more than any EJami fans would appreciate the same remarks being made about them on a board.

Just sayin'.

Kyrai

Amello
Oct 11 2008, 06:56 PM
Mason
Oct 11 2008, 06:47 PM
I don't know why people need debate who is pathetic from these three. They ALL ARE!
LOL! That's exactly what I was thinking. This seems to be turning into a 'how pathetic can you be' contest, and I mean that on all sides equally, EJ, Sami, and Nicole.

d_sand
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Oct 11 2008, 07:44 PM
d_sand

Uh, I don't think most of the EJole fans I know think life is going to be pretty or shiny any more than fans of ANY fanbase do. Every fanbase has its radicals. Every fanbase has level-headed folks who realize this is a TV show.
Pretty much, most EJole fans I know are going to enjoy it while they can, realizing this is the way the show works. So anyone-whether it's an Ejami fan, EJole fan, Jammer fan, Bope fan, Steve and Kayla fan, Chan fan, whatever.....-who says "nananabooboo, my couple wins, but not you" is going to get a swift kick in the teeth.

I know you've apologized before, but this is the second time I perceive a slight dig at EJole fans. I don't claim to be an EJole fan (just a serious Nicole fan), but I don't think they would appreciate that any more than any EJami fans would appreciate the same remarks being made about them on a board.

Just sayin'.
You know, I just don't get it.

I am intelligent and feel like I'm a fairly compassionate, understanding person. But I just am not getting it. Maybe my sense of humor is too coarse for the delicate sensibilities of some board members here.

I may have jumped the gun in thinking this was another board where I could have fun by celebrating (and commiserating over) my favorite soap.

I won't bore you with why I visit the boards. I'm sure we all have stresses and problems that we look to escape, and I'm certain there are others here who have had both less and more to deal with in Real Life than have I. But I WILL tell you that what I am NOT interested in, when participating on a board, is any ADDITIONAL stress added to my life.

Although I enjoy a healthy debate, I steer clear of anything that smacks of bullying and put-downs of others. Especially when it has to do with something that is supposed to be fun. Life is too short. And Karma is too important. You are correct. I have apologized here before. Quite sincerely and earnestly. I would think that most normal people could perceive my intent in general from the tone of that apology and the promptness with which I delivered it. But maybe you are too consumed with "perceiving my digs" at a fanbase to percieve anything else about me. That's a shame, because I'm a hell of a gal. (And yes, I know I said "normal people".)

You know, extreme "political correctness" on a board can make for a rather boring board. But, then again, if I find that I have to monitor every little word I type so incredibly carefully here...then maybe this is just not the board for me. No harm, no foul.

So, as I leave you, dear friends, let me just say that Days of Our Lives is a soap opera. It's fiction. And while it is fun to get all enthused, excited and silly-crazy about it....it's should not be good fun, imo, to strike out at other REAL people on a stupid message board.

nananabooboo.

....and who the hell is "Jammer"????

Edited by d_sand, Oct 11 2008, 10:19 PM.

angmc
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
d_sand

Just sayin'.
Sure.. Because nobody makes snide comments about EJami fans here. :eyeroll:

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

ladyofthelake
d_sand

Just sayin'.
I don't see how the post was a dig at Ejole fans. It was more of a complaint about the writers going back and forth. No need to start an argument over it.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

angmc
Oct 11 2008, 11:46 PM
ladyofthelake
d_sand

Just sayin'.
Sure.. Because nobody makes snide comments about EJami fans here. :eyeroll:
And, the comments about EJami fans are defended, just like I'm doing.
OK, nuff said.

A Jammer is a John and Marlena fan.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Angie79
Oct 12 2008, 12:17 AM
ladyofthelake
d_sand

Just sayin'.
I don't see how the post was a dig at Ejole fans. It was more of a complaint about the writers going back and forth. No need to start an argument over it.
Fair enough. I was honestly trying to figure out how it was perceived that EJole fans thought their couple would get all sunshine and puppy dogs, because I don't get that vibe from EJole fans on any boards I frequent. But then again, I won't touch the NBC board with a 10 foot pole, and maybe that's where it's happening.
I don't think it's happening here.
Yes, I'm sensitive, apparently, because I'm noticing some subtle Nicole bashing where it used to be Lucas bashing. I'll try not to be quite so sensitive about it and just ignore it.

angmc
Member Avatar

My bashing of Nicole is not subtle so I guess you're not referring to me.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply