Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Promo for wk of 10/13
Topic Started: Oct 10 2008, 04:02 PM (2,957 Views)
LorrieOw
Member Avatar

I love Nicole. I see her as this very lonely sad person, who has had to put on a facade for a very long time. I think she's smart, tough and a fighter, and had to fight and claw her way for a very long time. I think she has finally let her guard down a little with EJ, and while she is holding out hope that he will be different with her than others have been in her past, so far he is really letting her down.
I don't think she is being written as either a saint, or smeone instantly redeemed. But as someone who is really just rying to make it through life, with a modicum of happiness, and she wants to connect with others, but is afraid to at this point. JMO.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

I guess I don't mind Nicole bashing (subtle or not)...at least it keeps her name on the boards and in the presses...and that gets her more airtime and more popularity!

So please, bash away!!! :)

Nicole Walker

^Good point! LMAO! I love me some Nicole.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I think at sometime or another we ALL bash some character, so to bash on a poster for that isn't quite fair. I think we all have to have thick enough skins to be able to take our favorite getting bashed on. Trust me, there is plenty enough with EVERY character on Days to bash. I just hope we don't run off posters who offer insight and healthy debate just because we don't like their point of view, or we don't share the same favorites!!! IMO!! ;)

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Alligato
Oct 12 2008, 10:23 AM
I guess I don't mind Nicole bashing (subtle or not)...at least it keeps her name on the boards and in the presses...and that gets her more airtime and more popularity!

So please, bash away!!! :)
That IS a good point! That's why I love you, Alligato. You take lemons and turn them into lemonade. :D ;)

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

JANALH
Oct 12 2008, 11:51 AM
I think at sometime or another we ALL bash some character, so to bash on a poster for that isn't quite fair. I think we all have to have thick enough skins to be able to take our favorite getting bashed on. Trust me, there is plenty enough with EVERY character on Days to bash. I just hope we don't run off posters who offer insight and healthy debate just because we don't like their point of view, or we don't share the same favorites!!! IMO!! ;)
I already apologized.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

d_sand
Oct 11 2008, 07:25 PM
Because trust me...if Ejole fans think this bodes all pretty and shiney for their couple, they are being set up to be disappointed, too. A person could get whiplash trying to find a couple to root for. I'm just sayin'.
We, Ejole fans, are not as "stupid" as you think, we are well aware that tptb cater to fanbases and throw crumbs everywhere, sometimes all in the same episode, lol.

Nicole is bashed a lot but she, as well as Arianne, also has a vast amount of supporters. I think it's excellent that she is a hot topic on message boards and evokes as much love as she does hate; a ton of buzz often leads to continual airtime and storylines. EJ is a prime example of this.
Edited by DolceDiMera, Oct 12 2008, 12:43 PM.

ilovemydays

ladyofthelake
Oct 12 2008, 11:54 AM
JANALH
I already apologized.

ladyofthelake, you had already forgiven that poster once before for saying EJole fans seemed "young and/or stupid". I'm simply not that gracious. Since IA with your complaint I think it was very generous of you to apologize. I only hope that the poster that you offended (although I consider your post completely justified) will accept your apology in the same gracious manner in which you received her apology.

I hope you don't let anyone make you feel unwanted here because I really enjoy reading your posts. :wave:

Edited by ilovemydays, Oct 12 2008, 01:17 PM.

Kyrai

ladyofthelake
Oct 12 2008, 06:28 AM
Fair enough. I was honestly trying to figure out how it was perceived that EJole fans thought their couple would get all sunshine and puppy dogs, because I don't get that vibe from EJole fans on any boards I frequent. But then again, I won't touch the NBC board with a 10 foot pole, and maybe that's where it's happening.
I don't think it's happening here.
Yes, I'm sensitive, apparently, because I'm noticing some subtle Nicole bashing where it used to be Lucas bashing. I'll try not to be quite so sensitive about it and just ignore it.
This makes me curious. I don't think of myself as a Nicole basher. I actually enjoy the character of Nicole, but I do post my honest thoughts about her. I don't want her gone. I enjoy her. I just don't agree with everything shown on the show and like to discuss her. Is that considered bashing just because I don't agree with how the writers are portraying her? I love Marlena, but hate how she's being portrayed and like to discuss it to see what others think, Same with Sami and EJ. I don't feel that is bashing, but I have felt like many think it is. In the post you were replying to, I felt the poster was making a point that whether Ejami or Ejole, I wouldn't get too excited about anything because these writers just enjoy yanking our chain at this point. One week, Ejami, the next Ejole, the next Lumi. It just doesn't make me freak out anymore because I know the next week it will ping back the other way. I can see others reading it one way or another given the specific reference to Ejole, but it mirrored how I feel about how the writers aren't making a decision and are just keeping us in limbo.

I have my preference for EJ and Sami to get together, but I'm sick of the back and forth too. I'd just as soon them put Nicole and Ej together if that's what they want to do. I've lost enough couple wars to know that life will go on. Plus, I don't think Ejole is going to be a super couple that stands the test of time, so I figure put them together, get it out of their system, then at least the story will have direction. This is frustration over lack of direction more than anything else. I hate the triangle, and what it's doing to the characters involved. If I had my preference, I'd really rather see Nicole change by having this baby without a man to lean on. I don't think that's bashing her. I'd really like to see her trying to make it on her own. Nor am I set on seeing this. I like different sides of Nicole. There have just been things that I've seen that I did not agree with, nothing to do with Ejami, just how I feel about Nicole, but anything negative seems to make me anti-Nicole because I love Ejami which is so far from true it isn't funny. I do like Ejami in concept, but not as portrayed now at all. I certainly don't want any couple I root for to win by default of bashing any competition and trying to eliminate them. I want love as portrayed on the show to win. I feel like I'm viewed as a subtle Nicole basher, but I really am not. She's an interesting character, so I'm interested in how she develops.

btw - I didn't know I was a Jammer. I hope that's not negative. I rather like that phrase. :)

Nicole Walker

I think we all can distinguish between bashing and disagreeing, at least I hope so. LOL.

six
Member Avatar

I thought character bashing was fair game here. People don't sugar coat their feelings about the actual actors. I don't hate Nicole. I don't like what she's become (yea I know 99% of you here think she's the same as always or better. ;) ) but I don't want her to leave. Just like I didn't want Sami to leave when she changed for awhile. There's always a chance that the writers will do the right thing and fix her. :tounge:

Anyway though, I'm interested in seeing how EJ and Nicole go from talking about getting a paternity test to deciding to get it on. And on the couch in a house where half of Salem lives of all places. I'd rather they not have sex at all, but has no one heard of privacy? Between this, the double elevators and Kate and Daniel (kaniel?) in Victor's pool, it's clear that DH likes her semi exhibitionist sex scenes.
Edited by six, Oct 12 2008, 01:37 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

ilovemydays
Oct 12 2008, 01:00 PM
ladyofthelake
JANALH
I already apologized.

ladyofthelake, you had already forgiven that poster once before for saying EJole fans seemed "young and/or stupid". I'm simply not that gracious. Since IA with your complaint I think it was very generous of you to apologize. I only hope that the poster that you offended (although I consider your post completely justified) will accept your apology in the same gracious manner in which you received her apology.

I hope you don't let anyone make you feel unwanted here because I really enjoy reading your posts. :wave:

I don't scare easily. ;) I might get pissed off, take a few days to cool off, but, nawwwww, I don't scare easily. Besides, this is my haven when I don't want to do lesson plans! :D

lucaluca

JANALH
Agreed, Jana! There is plenty of character bashing that goes on, and I especially see a LOT of Sami/Ali bashing (which I am personally sick of). And that's fine--everyone is entitled to their opinion here, even those who feel they need to 'subtly' bash Nicole, or any other character on this show. You hit the nail on the head with your last sentence--I usually don't want to post here because I don't hold some of what I perceive to be the majority points of view with regard to characters, storylines, etc. I'd rather not have it thrown back at me, so I just stay quiet.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Oct 12 2008, 01:00 PM
ladyofthelake
JANALH
I already apologized.

I felt it was justified too. I didn't interpret loftl's post as a complaint about Nicole bashing. It was an observation about the poster's digs at the Ejole fanbase in particular.

jimmyk311

I can't believe that people on this board are still in love with EJ the rapist.
Edited by jimmyk311, Oct 12 2008, 03:04 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

Well, people are still in love with Sami Brady the rapist, Jack Deveraux the rapist, Luke Spencer the rapist, Todd Manning the rapist (well, some, LoL), so why not E.J.?

jimmyk311

Mason
Oct 12 2008, 03:06 PM
Well, people are still in love with Sami Brady the rapist, Jack Deveraux the rapist, Luke Spencer the rapist, Todd Manning the rapist (well, some, LoL), so why not E.J.?
I just feel like it those kind things that give soaps the black eye it deserved and why many of female viewers are not watching soaps no more.

Nicole Walker

Everybody has fans. I don't knock peeps for liking them it' just all depends on what we see in them or maybe it's the actor/actress that makes us like their character.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Oct 12 2008, 03:35 PM.

six
Member Avatar

jimmyk311
Oct 12 2008, 03:15 PM
Mason
I just feel like it those kind things that give soaps the black eye it deserved and why many of female viewers are not watching soaps no more.
I won't open the rape/not rape debate again, but: Way back in the 60s, Mike Horton was conceived during a rape, then his parents married and had another kid, so that particular ship sailed a long time ago, imo. None of these characters are moral pillars of society. It doesn't hurt anyone for fans to like who they like.

For every person turning off the show because of a particular story or character, there are a lot more leaving because of the decline in writing and lack of direction. Not to mention the fact that we have thousands of channels to choose from now instead of just four.
Edited by six, Oct 12 2008, 03:46 PM.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

Mason
We can certainly love EJ the reformed rapist (just like Luke, and Jack. I really don't love Sami lol, and I don't know who Todd Manning is to comment).

Doesn't mean we should love EJ being paired with his victim though. :tounge:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply