Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Promo for wk of 10/13
Topic Started: Oct 10 2008, 04:02 PM (2,829 Views)
Nicole Walker

LMAO. Todd Manning is a hot mess. I despise him.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

naley12
Member Avatar

Mason
Oct 12 2008, 03:06 PM
Well, people are still in love with Sami Brady the rapist, Jack Deveraux the rapist, Luke Spencer the rapist, Todd Manning the rapist (well, some, LoL), so why not E.J.?
huh so true :P
I LOVE SAMI
I LOVE Jack Deveraux
I LOVE Luke Spencer
I LoVE Todd Manning
I LOVE E.J.
I for one always say this is a soap opera and I love Characters who are not Perfect but I hate when they try to make them all godie godie :x
Todd Manning is Now with the Girl who he rapped in College. I am new to that show so did he gang rape her???
Sami Drugged Austin and rapped him
? who did Jack Rape; I thought he was accused :huh?:
EJ I have Loved ever since he teamed up with Philip to put cameras in BOPE's Home :)

naley12
Member Avatar

mesagirl
Oct 12 2008, 03:54 PM
Doesn't mean we should love EJ being paired with his victim though. :tounge:
I agree but it seems like she trully feel for Ej now :)
Edited by naley12, Oct 12 2008, 04:16 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Kyrai
Oct 12 2008, 01:00 PM
ladyofthelake
Oct 12 2008, 06:28 AM
Fair enough. I was honestly trying to figure out how it was perceived that EJole fans thought their couple would get all sunshine and puppy dogs, because I don't get that vibe from EJole fans on any boards I frequent. But then again, I won't touch the NBC board with a 10 foot pole, and maybe that's where it's happening.
I don't think it's happening here.
Yes, I'm sensitive, apparently, because I'm noticing some subtle Nicole bashing where it used to be Lucas bashing. I'll try not to be quite so sensitive about it and just ignore it.
This makes me curious. I don't think of myself as a Nicole basher. I actually enjoy the character of Nicole, but I do post my honest thoughts about her. I don't want her gone. I enjoy her. I just don't agree with everything shown on the show and like to discuss her. Is that considered bashing just because I don't agree with how the writers are portraying her? I love Marlena, but hate how she's being portrayed and like to discuss it to see what others think, Same with Sami and EJ. I don't feel that is bashing, but I have felt like many think it is. In the post you were replying to, I felt the poster was making a point that whether Ejami or Ejole, I wouldn't get too excited about anything because these writers just enjoy yanking our chain at this point. One week, Ejami, the next Ejole, the next Lumi. It just doesn't make me freak out anymore because I know the next week it will ping back the other way. I can see others reading it one way or another given the specific reference to Ejole, but it mirrored how I feel about how the writers aren't making a decision and are just keeping us in limbo.

I have my preference for EJ and Sami to get together, but I'm sick of the back and forth too. I'd just as soon them put Nicole and Ej together if that's what they want to do. I've lost enough couple wars to know that life will go on. Plus, I don't think Ejole is going to be a super couple that stands the test of time, so I figure put them together, get it out of their system, then at least the story will have direction. This is frustration over lack of direction more than anything else. I hate the triangle, and what it's doing to the characters involved. If I had my preference, I'd really rather see Nicole change by having this baby without a man to lean on. I don't think that's bashing her. I'd really like to see her trying to make it on her own. Nor am I set on seeing this. I like different sides of Nicole. There have just been things that I've seen that I did not agree with, nothing to do with Ejami, just how I feel about Nicole, but anything negative seems to make me anti-Nicole because I love Ejami which is so far from true it isn't funny. I do like Ejami in concept, but not as portrayed now at all. I certainly don't want any couple I root for to win by default of bashing any competition and trying to eliminate them. I want love as portrayed on the show to win. I feel like I'm viewed as a subtle Nicole basher, but I really am not. She's an interesting character, so I'm interested in how she develops.

btw - I didn't know I was a Jammer. I hope that's not negative. I rather like that phrase. :)
LOL! I don't know about the Jammer part. I've seen it on other boards. I don't mean it as negative! So, if it's used other places in a negative manner, I'd better find another phrase. :D
yes, bashing is allowed. Like I said, I get sensitive, mainly when it seems that folks are going out of their way to be bashing for any old reason, even when the character being bashed isn't part of the topic! Or, when comments are made about the fanbases in general. The comment I made was in regards to what I perceived as a dig to EJole fans in general about being overboard. The reason I pointed it out is that I don't see this on this particular board. For the most part, fanbase members keep it civil. But, yes, there are members of some fanbases who DON'T keep it civil here. I haven't seen it with the Ejole fanbase, and, although I like Nicole's character a lot, I don't perceive myself as an EJole fan, mainly because my heart means too much to me. :P
And, I will point it out. I'll just do my best to do it in a civil and rules-following manner.
What you are doing is not bashing. When you point out the negatives, you don't make up things or point out negatives to be pointing out negatives. You tend to be balanced, from my observations. Your comments aren't 99% there just to put a character down. Therein lies the difference. You don't do it to stir up trouble. You put thought in what you say.
So, it's all good.
As for Nicole, I can't quite decide if I want her to be with EJ or not. It depends on what they do with her and this FBI Secret Agent Man. I just want Nicole to win at love, at least for a while, for a little bit!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

jimmyk311
Oct 12 2008, 03:03 PM
I can't believe that people on this board are still in love with EJ the rapist.
That rapist is my favorite character. I also love Nicole the attempted murder B-) I tend to like the bad guys and bad girls much better than the "good", i.e. mind numbingly boring, characters. Gray characters have depth and are more fascinating to watch.
I liked Jack too, wish the writers would bring him back! I'm okay with Luke Spencer, I hate Sami, and I hate Todd Manning except for when he interacted with Evangeline.
Edited by DolceDiMera, Oct 12 2008, 05:19 PM.

naley12
Member Avatar

DolceDiMera
Oct 12 2008, 05:14 PM
jimmyk311
That rapist is my favorite character. I also love Nicole the attempted murder B-) I tend to like the bad guys and bad girls much better than the "good", i.e. mind numbingly boring, characters. Gray characters have depth and are more fascinating to watch.
I liked Jack too, wish the writers would bring him back! I'm okay with Luke Spencer, I hate Sami, and I hate Todd Manning except for when he interacted with Evangeline.
I love EJ, Sami, Nicole, Jack, Todd, and Luke but no Evangaline I so did not like her at all.
I am also one who tends to Like the grayer character the one with many Layers the goodie to shoe people annoy the heck out of me and put me to :sleep:
BTW; Hi Dangerous Dolce :wave:

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

naley12
Oct 12 2008, 05:26 PM
DolceDiMera
jimmyk311
I love EJ, Sami, Nicole, Jack, Todd, and Luke but no Evangaline I so did not like her at all.
I am also one who tends to Like the grayer character the one with many Layers the goodie to shoe people annoy the heck out of me and put me to :sleep:
Hey naley :D . Aw, you didn't like Evangeline? She's one of the few good girls whom I loved.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

six
Oct 12 2008, 03:43 PM
jimmyk311
Oct 12 2008, 03:15 PM
Mason
Oct 12 2008, 03:06 PM
Well, people are still in love with Sami Brady the rapist, Jack Deveraux the rapist, Luke Spencer the rapist, Todd Manning the rapist (well, some, LoL), so why not E.J.?
I just feel like it those kind things that give soaps the black eye it deserved and why many of female viewers are not watching soaps no more.
I won't open the rape/not rape debate again, but: Way back in the 60s, Mike Horton was conceived during a rape, then his parents married and had another kid, so that particular ship sailed a long time ago, imo. None of these characters are moral pillars of society. It doesn't hurt anyone for fans to like who they like.

For every person turning off the show because of a particular story or character, there are a lot more leaving because of the decline in writing and lack of direction. Not to mention the fact that we have thousands of channels to choose from now instead of just four.
Precisely. Viwers certainly weren't tuning out Luke Spencer, a rapist, was at his prime during the eighties. In fact, his wedding to Laura remains the highest rated hour in American soap opera history.

naley12
Member Avatar

DolceDiMera
Oct 12 2008, 05:40 PM
naley12
Oct 12 2008, 05:26 PM
DolceDiMera
jimmyk311
Hey naley :D . Aw, you didn't like Evangeline? She's one of the few good girls whom I loved.

Sorry did Not Like her but I have to admit todd with Evangeline made me Like her but wasn't she with christian??? I am little confused considering I started watching for Rex and Now I FLOVE REX and GIGI! :wub:
on another Note; Love your Nadia animated banner though :)

Nicole Walker

Yeah they talked about Luke and Laura's wedding on Soapnet and interviewed a lot of stars that said that L&L's wedding was like the must see wedding back then. I don't know much about Luke and Laura but she's in the crazy house now.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Oct 12 2008, 06:09 PM.

naley12
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Oct 12 2008, 06:09 PM
Yeah they talked about Luke and Laura's wedding on Soapnet and interviewed a lot of stars that said that L&L's wedding was like the must see wedding back then. I don't know much about Luke and Laura but she's in the crazy house now.
barley started watching GH in 2007 so I am on the same boat :P
Edited by naley12, Oct 12 2008, 06:19 PM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

jimmyk311
Count me in as one who is still in love with EJ!! :wave: I've always loved the bad ones....love Stefano, Jack, Sami, EJ, Nicole (on her last run, not so much this one), Luke, Sonny (on GH)...........

I guess I love them because they take chances and in most of these characters you see that they really would like to be good, they try to be good, but in the end they'll do whatever it takes to survive...to get what they want.

I realize that these characters have done bad things, things that in real life we would never condone....I realize that the soap world is larger than life and on a grander scale.....so things on soaps are always played up for impact.....I would never condone or "love" real people acting the way these characters do...but that's the beauty of it.......I can still love them in the soap world!!! ;)
Edited by SoapGal1, Oct 13 2008, 07:55 AM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Rapist lover here! Can't help it!

And I would like to second Janahl on why I am okay with being in love with EJ.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Ok - I know I will get stones thrown at me for this but I don't view what happened on Dec 29th as rape, never have - I see it as an indecent proposal and a horrible one at that.

For one ... there are converstations between Sami and EJ afterwards that suggest that "more happened that night" EJ says it and Sami immediately tells him to shut up. I want to know what the more was???? Could Sami's body have betrayed her? We know that Sami at the very least has always been sexually attracted to EJ. Even after that night she was kissing him, holding his hand, was alone with him and leading him on.

Sami never acted much like a rape victim - and her family when they found out never treated Sami like a rape victim or EJ as a rapist for that matter... Lucas saw the attraction, he saw it from the beginning.

Then in May when they finally discuss it - EJ says if I hurt you and Sami says it wasn't like that and you know it ... it was how you treated me afterwards ....

It was never a clear cut case of rape for me ....

Edited by cjknick, Oct 13 2008, 09:16 AM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Alligato
Oct 13 2008, 08:38 AM
Rapist lover here! Can't help it!

And I would like to second Janahl on why I am okay with being in love with EJ.
Besides all that, Alligato, (I'm going to be real shallow for a minute...)

He's so DA#N PRETTY!!!!! :wub2:

Alligato
Member Avatar

You know, Jana, I almost said right after the "can't help it"...he is so damn gorgeous!
I really should stop censoring myself, especially when it comes to complimenting that man on his steaming hotness!

And cj - the biggest problem the writers have had with EJ is that they totally sucked when it came to writing anything involving him...
December 29th left so many questions for me as to what really happened, why Sami acted the way she did afterwards if she was such a victim, and then the big May talk was supposed to clear it all up, and all it did was leave more questions. So it didn't bother her about what he did on 12/29, but more how he messed with her afterwards...really??

I know this topic has been done to death, but the award for shitty, confusing writing goes to Days when it comes to EJ and Sami's relationship. Still does.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Alligato
Oct 13 2008, 09:29 AM
You know, Jana, I almost said right after the "can't help it"...he is so damn gorgeous!
I really should stop censoring myself, especially when it comes to complimenting that man on his steaming hotness!

And cj - the biggest problem the writers have had with EJ is that they totally sucked when it came to writing anything involving him...
December 29th left so many questions for me as to what really happened, why Sami acted the way she did afterwards if she was such a victim, and then the big May talk was supposed to clear it all up, and all it did was leave more questions. So it didn't bother her about what he did on 12/29, but more how he messed with her afterwards...really??

I know this topic has been done to death, but the award for shitty, confusing writing goes to Days when it comes to EJ and Sami's relationship. Still does.
ICA!! Alligato & CJ!! The writers have continually screwed up what could be the hottest couple to hit Days in decades!!

I will say that just goes to show how incredibly good an actor James Scott is......that despite every effort by the writers of Days to screw the character over............we still LOVE him!!! That all goes to JS and his brillant way of portraying EJ!! :rockon:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Looks good.

Thanks for posting.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply