Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Kyle Lowder weighs in on Brady recast
Topic Started: Oct 10 2008, 04:10 PM (1,337 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Soap Opera Digest 10/21/08 Issue:

As previously reported, Eric Martsolf (ex-Ethan, PASSIONS) is taking over the role of Brady on DAYS. Now the actor's predecessor, Kyle Lowder (Rick, B&B), weighs in on the recast.

"They couldn't have found a better choice because Eric is a friend of mine," enthuses Lowder. "He's a great guy and I'm happy that he's doing it. We're very similar in our personalities and we both sing. If there's anything he wants to know or needs a crash course on Brady, I'll be the first one to help him out with that."

"[Executive Producer] Ken Corday called me himself about the recast, which I thought was very honorable and respectful. He said, 'Kyle, I want you to hear it from me.' I thought that was so classy. They really wanted to bring the character back and when he told who they wanted, I said Eric was the best one possible."

"I really urge the fans to give him a break. He's a good actor and he's going to dominate that role. He needs support and leeway. He's a whole lot buffer than I am, so that's a bonus for fans. They're actually getting a little more man in that role [laughs]."

http://www.soapnewsandscoops.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22323
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

desertgal

Wow! What a classy guy. I think he's right we all need to give both Eric and Galen a chance.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Kyle didn't say anything I didn't know already,but he is really classy for saying what he said.

Mason

Corday and classy are two words I definitely wouldn't use in the same sentence unless there was a "not" connecting them.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Let's be real. He probably is happy Eric was casted because he knows by comparison he's practically Jack Nicolson.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

Amello
Oct 10 2008, 04:55 PM
Let's be real. He probably is happy Eric was casted because he knows by comparison he's practically Jack Nicolson.
HA! So true! :lol:

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Amello
I've never seen EM in action before, but given how badly I thought Kyle Lowder sucked, this is truly scary.

MericP
Member Avatar

Amello
OMG, :hail:

I'm dying here.

cjknick
Member Avatar

I wonder if he would prefer having EM do sex scenes with his wife's character rather than JS!
Edited by cjknick, Oct 10 2008, 05:12 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

cjknick
Oct 10 2008, 05:11 PM
I wonder if he would prefer having EM do sex scenes with his wife rather than JS!
When I first read this I thought you meant you wondered whether he would rather have EM do sex scenes with JS than AZ, not that he would rather have EM than JS be the ones having sex scenes with Nicole! But I think we're on the same page now, lol.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Quote:

"I really urge the fans to give him a break. He's a good actor and he's going to dominate that role. He needs support and leeway. He's a whole lot buffer than I am, so that's a bonus for fans. They're actually getting a little more man in that role [laughs]."

They read the message boards. lolol :wave:

Mason

Sorry, Kyle, but I don't give a crap if he's a million times better looking than you are. If we have to have Brady back, I want someone in the role who can act. And you're not exactly the best person to be judging what good acting is, either.
Edited by Mason, Oct 10 2008, 05:16 PM.

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

eric told me last week how he and kyle are close friends
that is so cool

Nicole Walker

Aww Kyle is such a sweetie.

Drew
Member Avatar

Well considering he's replaced a popular emmy winner on his own show, he's hardly one who could condemn a recast. So this is all lip service.

Dragonish1
Member Avatar

I am excited about Eric coming to DAYS. :)

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I'm reserving judgement.

maryg23dz
Member Avatar

That was really classy of Kyle to say... I'm really hoping that EM can do better without being under the pen of JER. Unfortunately, there are rumors of JER returning and taking over for DH. I would hate to see EM languish in that situation again! Whatever happens, I want to see if he can act, because at the moment I'm not convinced, but I'm willing to give him another chance...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply