Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Full Y&R Episodes To Be Screened On YouTube
Topic Started: Oct 10 2008, 05:50 PM (1,365 Views)
Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

http://welovesoaps.blogspot.com/2008/10/fu...on-youtube.html
Quote:

Friday, October 10, 2008
Full Y&R Episodes on YouTube

YouTube, the largest video-sharing Web site, has started to run full-length TV shows from CBS's archive, in its latest step to boost advertising revenue by adding professional programming.

The site, owned by Google, said on Friday it was talking to other TV networks to sign similar deals to CBS. Many TV networks already run short clips on YouTube, which also offers millions of home videos uploaded by users.

You can now watch full episodes of THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS on the CBS YouTube Channel. Until recently, you could only find occasional preview clips on the channel for all four CBS soaps.

The new partnership will put YouTube in more direct competition with Hulu, the online video site owned by News Corp. and General Electric's NBC Universal.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

Great.

If you can't beat em- might as well join in.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Awesome!

bellcurve
Member Avatar

I hope that Bell Dramatic Serial and Sony are gonna make money from this as well.

But I do wonder how this will hurt Y&R's international audience, especially since YouTube isn't one of those places where only the US audience can see a certain video.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

This must be why Sony has been pulling all the Y&R stuff recently. A bunch of Y&R clips on You Tube have disappeared and the message comes up that they were removed at the request of Sony or something like that.

There was some great stuff there in regards to Y&R and so much of it is gone now.

cassie1013

Fucking awesome! And I'm doing my term paper about watching TV shows online - yet another example! :D

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Steve Frame
Oct 10 2008, 08:53 PM
This must be why Sony has been pulling all the Y&R stuff recently. A bunch of Y&R clips on You Tube have disappeared and the message comes up that they were removed at the request of Sony or something like that.

There was some great stuff there in regards to Y&R and so much of it is gone now.
I noticed that a while back too, Steve. I had some of the Y&R clips marked to "favorites" and rarely downloaded scenes from You Tube. I DID find a small trove of good Y&R stuff still over there though. I guess Sony hasn't caught up with them yet. Now when I find clips that I really enjoy, I download them because I never know when they'll be pulled. I'll be happy if You Tube comes to some sort of agreement with BBC and ITV so I can see the UK soaps on a regular basis again. I don't live in or near Canada and every time a new way to view full episodes presented itself, the networks found them and pulled them. I wrote to ITV and BBC and while BBC is working on letting non-UK residents watch EE on their web site, ITV doesn't see it happening with their shows anytime soon. Both networks blamed the "pirated" material on You Tube.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply