Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dena Higley in People Magazine!
Topic Started: Oct 11 2008, 12:09 AM (929 Views)
Rakesh198
Member Avatar

You read right! Our Dena is going to save Hollywood now!!

Here is what Rowan from FL said about this. She posted this, btw.

Quote:

In this week's People magazine there is a short story featuring Dena Higley and her personal story with austism. Its actually more abbreviated then what she's shared in her blog about her son, but it mentions how Dena used her personal experience to pen Theo's story this past summer.

Not much on content, but nice to see a mention of Days of Our Lives out in a popular magazine.

FL
Edited by Rakesh198, Oct 11 2008, 12:12 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Gag me with a rusty steak knife.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

ugh I have an autistic son and I HATE the way this story has been written or not written at all...absurd.

ges
Member Avatar

Mason
Oct 11 2008, 12:43 AM
Can I slit my wrists with it after you are done?

sung to the tune of, "It had to be you" by Dena Higley.

"It's all about me..."

"It's all about me.."

"I write for a show, while I do blow, and quite tragicallly...."

"I am Nicole, in my own head,
instead of a hag alone in my bed."

It's all about me, It's all about me, Its all about me!"

:moon:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

ges
Oct 11 2008, 08:26 AM
Mason
Can I slit my wrists with it after you are done?

sung to the tune of, "It had to be you" by Dena Higley.

"It's all about me..."

"It's all about me.."

"I write for a show, while I do blow, and quite tragicallly...."

"I am Nicole, in my own head,
instead of a hag alone in my bed."

It's all about me, It's all about me, Its all about me!"

:moon:

What the hell does Nicole have to do with this? Does EVERYTHING have to be turned into a Nicole bash?
There, I just exercised my freedom of speech right after yours.
That being said..........I wonder who Higley called at People to get this done. Dang it, BD also has an autistic son. Don't they ever consider including HIM on these interviews and get HIS input on this? Why does it always have to be about Dena?
And, yeah, although they've done a few good things with this story, it got off to a weak start, and just hasn't been done well. And for her to make it her own personal story.....it galls me to no end.

Alligato
Member Avatar

lady - for some, yes.

I totally forget the BD has an autistic son. Maybe he doesn't mention it anymore because he doesn't want to be associated with this story...but then again, BD isn't one to shy away from the press. YOu would think they would ask him/include him in experiences, especially if his marriage suffered because of it. Although Abe and Lexie will seem to tackle this together...which is odd as most the couples of children who have kids with autism seem to split - that is definitely my opinion of people I know. I don't know the statistics.

Oh, in yesterdays show, Sami asked Marlena to name one Dimera child that has a normal childhood...what about Theo? Sorry. OT.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Alligato
Oct 11 2008, 10:11 AM
lady - for some, yes.

I totally forget the BD has an autistic son. Maybe he doesn't mention it anymore because he doesn't want to be associated with this story...but then again, BD isn't one to shy away from the press. YOu would think they would ask him/include him in experiences, especially if his marriage suffered because of it. Although Abe and Lexie will seem to tackle this together...which is odd as most the couples of children who have kids with autism seem to split - that is definitely my opinion of people I know. I don't know the statistics.

Oh, in yesterdays show, Sami asked Marlena to name one Dimera child that has a normal childhood...what about Theo? Sorry. OT.
Not OT at all! I mean, well, it's 7 degrees of separation. The article is about Dena Higley's story on autism, and Theo is the autistic child, so, yeah. LOL Plus, it can show that kids of "normal" upbringings can have difficulties.
I'll think positively and think that they asked Bryan if he'd like to be a part of it, and he turned them down for his son's sake. ;)

ges
Member Avatar

Since Higley took the helm of the ship and threw Ed Scott under the bus, the show has sucked.
thank God we were renewed before tptb caught the sniff of her chum, so to speak.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Good promotion here.

Glad the story is getting recognition. It's really improved the past two months.

King
Member Avatar

I am with you, Tim.

Good for DAYS and Higley.

Any recognition and awareness for Autism is good. Too many people are uninformed about the disorder.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
LoL, my thoughts exactly!

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 15 2008, 12:44 AM
Good promotion here.

Glad the story is getting recognition. It's really improved the past two months.
You think so?

Granted, I've been watching very infrequently, but from what I've seen, it feels as if the storyline hasn't even really begun yet. It still feels like they're in limbo mode. Basically it doesn't feel like a storyline... it feels like SCENES.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Oct 15 2008, 01:41 AM
PhoenixRising05
Good promotion here.

You think so?

Granted, I've been watching very infrequently, but from what I've seen, it feels as if the storyline hasn't even really begun yet. It still feels like they're in limbo mode. Basically it doesn't feel like a storyline... it feels like SCENES.
You need to watch more because that is how it was during the summer but not anymore.

Since early September, it's been a big deal. Hell, they even tied Abe and Lexie's careers into all this and tied the autism angle in with Abe running for mayor. It's no longer just some PSA announcement. It's something affecting all three of them as a family and as individuals.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Oct 15 2008, 01:49 AM.

phloeishot
Member Avatar

For DH it's ALWAYS about her; just check out her blog! LOL

LorrieOw
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 15 2008, 01:49 AM
Kenny
Oct 15 2008, 01:41 AM
PhoenixRising05
Good promotion here.

You think so?

You need to watch more because that is how it was during the summer but not anymore.

Since early September, it's been a big deal. Hell, they even tied Abe and Lexie's careers into all this and tied the autism angle in with Abe running for mayor. It's no longer just some PSA announcement. It's something affecting all three of them as a family and as individuals.
I agree, The Abe/Lexie/Theo s/l is one of my favorites right now. REally enjoying it, and the acting is really top notch.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply