Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OLTL: Carvilati Demoted or Fired?
Topic Started: Oct 12 2008, 05:31 PM (1,898 Views)
Steve Frame
Member Avatar

http://www.voy.com/191220/

According to Raven Beauty (who is mostly reliable) the situations behind the ABC soaps is still dismal. She makes it appear that AMC is worse off than OLTL.

But she does state that ABC is giving up on Carvilati and he will be gone as Head Writer by the end of the year.

All I have to say is why so soon on him but it took them years to get rid of Higley????????????????
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Whaaaaaaaa? I guess people are mad about the Gex on the frontburner, and moreso, the Tarty storyline.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Cause Ron's stories/characters cost the show more money?

I hope this isnt the case, he's the best thing OLTLs had in years

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

Rex and Gigi have been pushed so hard that it doesn't even make any sense. There should have been fallout over Shane's paternity.

I know a lot of people having been raving about Ron, but he's been horrible IMO. OLTL is such a bad cartoon and it's his fault. It had some initial promise but the camp took over.

Don't even get me started on Tarty.

Tessica is another messy plot. What was even the point of killing Nash?

Starr has been ruined for me. I hope they pair Langston and Cole together.

Tina and Marty were wasted in their returns.
Edited by Q Steph, Oct 12 2008, 06:13 PM.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

I don't know what to say... As a new viewer to OLTL, I think he's going a good job.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Q Steph
Oct 12 2008, 05:40 PM
Rex and Gigi have been pushed so hard that it doesn't even make any secret. There should have been fallout over Shane's paternity.

I know a lot of people having been raving about Ron, but he's been horrible IMO. OLTL is such a bad cartoon and it's his fault. It had some initial promise but the camp took over.

Steph, you're absolutely right about all those things!

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I think Ron lost it during the anniversary, he spent too much time trying to pay homage to past stories he neglected the ongoing ones. But, he's turning it around again.

I wont be surprised if they fire him though. People like Reilly, McTavish, Guza, and Higley get chance after chance and year after year to ruin a show. But the good ones like Cwikly/Brash, Carlivati, Griffith/Malone, Taggert that falter slightly get shitcanned immidiately.
Edited by Drew, Oct 12 2008, 05:50 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Q Steph
Lets get started on Tarty.

OLTL is getting controversial buzz for the first time in ages. This is publicity this show should be embrassing, since in the past they've had to get on their hands and knees and beg for someone to just talk about them. This is the kind of buzz that could get people to tune in just to see what the heck is going on, and then get suckered in with all the other goodness. TBTB should not be freaking out and canning Carlivati.
Edited by Drew, Oct 12 2008, 06:04 PM.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

JER is the master of publicity. LOL

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

This can't be happening.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

I'm not ruling it out, stranger things have happened over at ABC.

jimmyk311

I think what hurt Ron was that he got spoiled with the praise that he was getting from the soap media and the internet that I think he feels that he can write anything and the fans will love it.

I guess the Ron Carlivati lovefest is over now?

I feel that Ron was put in a lose-to-lose situation to failed; he had fix what Higley did to the show, he have Brian Frons to worry about, and had to find a way to get ratings up and still pleased the soap press, and for a head writer, that's a bit too much.

I also believe that Ron was writing way too smart for the internet fans instead of the casual viewers who look at soaps as a bad trainwreck.

I don't know where or what Carlivati should be doing if he's fired but I think he shouldn't be a HW; He's probably better off being part of a writing team than being a leader of one.

Q Steph
Member Avatar

Drew
Oct 12 2008, 05:54 PM
Q Steph

OLTL is getting controvercial buzz for the first time in ages. This is publicity this show should be embrassing, since in the past they've had to get on their hands and knees and beg for someone to just talk about them. This is the kind of buzz that could get people to tune in just to see what the heck is going on, and then get suckered in with all the other goodness. TBTB should not be freaking out and canning Carlivati.
In that regard, you're right. The story is generating publicity. Days tried it with EJ/Sami and that has seemingly divided their fans.

But the times that I've watched their scenes, I've either been bored or disgusted. All Marty does sit around in that ugly nightgown while Todd creates this fantasy life. There's really nothing going on with their scenes.

I don't think Ron did a good enough job laying the foundation for this story and he seems to have boxed himself into a hole. I don't know how Todd is going to be redeemed. He's not only lusting after his rape victim but she's got amnesia.

If the other stories could compensate, he could have some room to make adjustments but almost everything else is so unfocused. I just think he did a disservice to the original story of Marty's rape and Todd's redemption by attempting a Luke and Laura redux. The viewers saw Todd violently rape the woman. How does that inspire romance? The story is intriguing but repelling at the same time. My disgust is winning out.

But TSJ is a good actor though. At least he's not holding back.
Edited by Q Steph, Oct 12 2008, 06:08 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Q Steph
Rex and Gigi have been pushed so hard that it doesn't even make any secret. There should have been fallout over Shane's paternity.

The thing is, he was praised heavily during the BE storyline. Now, he's gone from Ghandi to Castro? These producers or muckety-mucks need to learn some patience. These shows will NEVER have any consistency if TPTB insist on having the patience of a sports manager firing coaches every year or so.
They just lost Tomlin, and now they might get rid of RC? They'll be almost starting from scratch. NOT a good thing with this major storylines winding down.
I personally think the whole Tarty thing could have been intriguing. They probably should have started a little later, though, if it will resolve during Starr's labor (read: Sweeps month).
Yes, there should have been some fallout for Gex. As someone who roots for them, I'm disappointed it's turning into a Hallmark romance. (Only her voice can save him?) I'm not sure that's a Carviletti thing, though. (I totally butchered his name there! :D )
And, Tess looks like it's winding down, or at least, going into another direction.
This Langston thing has the makings for a great story, if they don't get antsy and fire him and change things midstream. Although, I guess most of that stuff will have been written by now.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Drew
Q Steph

OLTL is getting controversial buzz for the first time in ages. This is publicity this show should be embrassing, since in the past they've had to get on their hands and knees and beg for someone to just talk about them. This is the kind of buzz that could get people to tune in just to see what the heck is going on, and then get suckered in with all the other goodness. TBTB should not be freaking out and canning Carlivati.
:applause: :applause:
You are spot on! Or, as EJ likes to say "Quite!"

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Q Steph
Oct 12 2008, 06:06 PM
Drew
Q Steph

OLTL is getting controvercial buzz for the first time in ages. This is publicity this show should be embrassing, since in the past they've had to get on their hands and knees and beg for someone to just talk about them. This is the kind of buzz that could get people to tune in just to see what the heck is going on, and then get suckered in with all the other goodness. TBTB should not be freaking out and canning Carlivati.
In that regard, you're right. The story is generating publicity. Days tried it with EJ/Sami and that has seemingly divided their fans.

But the times that I've watched their scenes, I've either been bored or disgusted. All Marty does sit around in that ugly nightgown while Todd creates this fantasy life. There's really nothing going on with their scenes.

I don't think Ron did a good enough job laying the foundation for this story and he seems to have boxed himself into a hole. I don't know how Todd is going to be redeemed. He's not only lusting after his rape victim but she's got amnesia.

If the other stories could compensate, he could have some room to make adjustments but almost everything else is so unfocused. I just think he did a disservice to the original story of Marty's rape and Todd's redemption by attempting a Luke and Laura redux. The viewers saw Todd violently rape the woman. How does that inspire romance? The story is intriguing but repelling at the same time. My disgust is winning out.

But TSJ is a good actor though. At least he's not holding back.
Now, wait a minute. MArty was out of that gown and into a jumper, and was wearing a TOE RING this week! Where the hell would she get a toe ring? :D

Mason
Member Avatar

What the fuck?!?

It was Carlivati's stories that got me tuning in to OLTL in the first place! I'll lose what little faith I have left in daytime if this really happens.

Q Steph
Member Avatar

LOL, yeah. I saw Marty out with Todd this past week (Finally!)

I kept looking at her toe ring too and wondering where she got it. I was just happy she was out of that gown.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

One big thing to me that both OLTL and GH needs to start fixing is these long damn vacations that Erika Slezak and Tony Geary are getting paid for.

It gets so frustrating for me as a viewer (well when I was watching them) at the constant explanations as to why their characters are gone so much.

And for a character like Vicki who is so important to the show it is even more stupid. Here she is the matriarch and her presence esp. in the last few months would have had to make the return of Tina and these stories with Tess/Natalie and Todd so much better. But a key ingredient of their conscince and confidante is not there. I feel that and I am not even watching.

Who was the idiot at ABC who let that type of contract happen in the first place. It has never made any sense to me.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

But yet they can't pay for Andrea Evans to fly?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply