Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Marlena Question
Topic Started: Oct 13 2008, 02:06 PM (1,692 Views)
King
Member Avatar

Can anyone help me find a transcript or clip of back in October/November when Marlena was grieving John and she had the dialogue (I think with Belle) about questioning her career b/c she is was giving out advice about hope after death to her patients and how she had none now in the wake of John's death?

Does anyone know what I mean? LOL.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

King
Oct 13 2008, 02:06 PM
Can anyone help me find a transcript or clip of back in October/November when Marlena was grieving John and she had the dialogue (I think with Belle) about questioning her career b/c she is was giving out advice about hope after death to her patients and how she had none now in the wake of John's death?

Does anyone know what I mean? LOL.
I don't know where you can find what you are looking for, Mike, but that may be the scene where Marlena and Belle were sharing ice cream. Either on her bed or couch, can't remember which. Maybe it's on YouTube, but I don't know.

Mason
Member Avatar

I know exactly what scenes you're talking about, but I'm not sure when they were or how to go about finding them...

Ellie

Are you talking about the week of John's death, where Belle was sitting in her bed? Here are the transcripts - I think the first one is probably the one you want.

http://tvmegasite.net/day/days/transcripts/older/2007/trans-da-10-18-07.shtml
http://tvmegasite.net/day/days/transcripts/older/2007/trans-da-10-19-07.shtml

If that's what you're looking for, I know the clip is online, I'll find it for you...
Edited by Ellie, Oct 13 2008, 02:18 PM.

Ellie

Let me know if this isn't what you're looking for - it's a beautiful scene anyway! The dialogue is so moving.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Ellie
Oct 13 2008, 02:38 PM
Let me know if this isn't what you're looking for - it's a beautiful scene anyway! The dialogue is so moving.

Oy that scene still get to me,hard to believe that epi will be year old this Sunday,time flies.

Ellie

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Oct 13 2008, 03:20 PM
Oy that scene still get to me,hard to believe that epi will be year old this Sunday,time flies.
I just posted that on SC... I just realized this was a year ago! Hard to believe.

King
Member Avatar

Ellie, I thought I responded to this hours ago!

It must not have went through.

Yes, this is it! Thank you SO SO SO SO SO MUCH!

brimike

It's been said in a few interviews that Fred Johnson wrote the scenes of Marlena telling Belle she feels like a hypocrite for all the things she's said to patients who were widows over the years. Really REALLY beautiful stuff. And I truly feel like it was the best I'd seen Deidre Hall in eons.

Deleted User
Deleted User

And now he's at AMC. Another loss for DAYS...
Quote Post Goto Top

brimike

Amello
Oct 14 2008, 12:18 AM
It's OLTL. But yeah - it's a HUGE loss.

Deleted User
Deleted User

brimike
Oct 14 2008, 12:20 AM
Amello
Oct 14 2008, 12:18 AM
It's OLTL. But yeah - it's a HUGE loss.
Oh ... oopsy! But back on topic. Poor Marlena will NEVER be written well for a long time to come.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Amello
Oct 14 2008, 12:27 AM
Poor Marlena will NEVER be written well for a long time to come.
If ever.

deefanUBS

Amello
Oct 14 2008, 12:27 AM
Poor Marlena will NEVER be written well for a long time to come.
That's the main reason why I can't even watch the show anymore. I've tried a couple times in the last few weeks and I don't even make it through the entire episode. Marlena is my favorite character. She's been written out-of-character many times in the past but I just can't sit through it anymore. All it does is frustrate me and who needs to add that to their life? :angry:

King
Member Avatar

This was so real.

I feel like I am watching Mad Men or Sopranos...not a daytime soap!

deefanUBS

King
Oct 14 2008, 01:24 AM
This was so real.

I feel like I am watching Mad Men or Sopranos...not a daytime soap!
That week was the best week of episodes DAYS had delivered in years. It's the level of quality programming that had me first tune in, some 15 years ago. It's a level DAYS should operate at on a regular bases. Sadly, it only lasted that one week.

King
Member Avatar

It is true. It is one of those periods on DAYS I will always look back on and get chills watching.

Kenny
Member Avatar

This entire storyline was so gripping and raw. Every single scene was just... oh my!

It really rejuvenated the actors, you could tell.

From John dying to Marlena at the funeral and all the eulogies to the scenes with Marlena returning home afterwards, they just hit the nail right on the head! I'll NEVER forget the scene of Marlena rocking back and forth in the chair as she sobbed in her bedroom after returning home from the funeral. My God, that was heartbreaking!

peaches179

Kenny
Oct 14 2008, 04:32 AM
This entire storyline was so gripping and raw. Every single scene was just... oh my!

From John dying to Marlena at the funeral and all the eulogies to the scenes with Marlena returning home afterwards, they just hit the nail right on the head! I'll NEVER forget the scene of Marlena rocking back and forth in the chair as she sobbed in her bedroom after returning home from the funeral. My God, that was heartbreaking!

ITA! That was some of the best writing that we've had on days in years!

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 14 2008, 04:32 AM

Oh yeah that scene and if you listen really carfully you can hear her say ''where are you'' under her breath,that gets to me all the time.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply