Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Marlena Question
Topic Started: Oct 13 2008, 02:06 PM (1,616 Views)
hops
Member Avatar

It kills me when there are glimpses of what could be. I guess I should just be happy there was a week here and there that had me engaged with Days this past year. From when John 'died' until everyone got home from Ireland and then a few weeks this summer during the Olympics, Days held my attention. Yes, I realize they were events, but the dialogue and character inter action were for me the best this year. That in particular was a great scene, both well written and well acted. All you had to do was be in the moment. If only it could be that way a bit more.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

It's hard to believe it's been a year. Wow...

It seriously was some of the best material ever on Days and is the kind of drama I want for this show. That is what daytime drama is all about. This was the most real and raw Days had been in years, probably since Roman learned about Marlena and John's affair. Just such good, character-driven drama.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

God, it's been a year. A year ago today, he was dying.

I still get chills every time I watch the scene with Marlena and Belle in her bed room. IMO, it's probably the best work Deidre has ever done because it's just so raw. It's just emotion and humanity showing through. It's beautiful. God, she was robbed of that Emmy nom/win.

daisysmommy

ITA.

Ellie

King
Oct 13 2008, 11:45 PM
Ellie, I thought I responded to this hours ago!

It must not have went through.

Yes, this is it! Thank you SO SO SO SO SO MUCH!
Sorry, I wasn't online for the past two days and just saw this. You're very welcome!! I feel like I could go through every post in this thread and say "ITA". Brilliant dialogue and acting, and so deep and moving. Unlike any Days storyline for years before, and imo unlike almost anything since.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply