Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
James E. Reilly has passed away; From We Love Soaps
Topic Started: Oct 14 2008, 12:47 PM (5,477 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Well, I supposed this is (unfortunately) #3. They say deaths come in 3s. #1 - Irene Daily. #2 - Eileen Herlihy. Also, didn't JRE die suddenly after cardiac surgery, too? It's so tragically ironic (IMO).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

WoW.....that is horrible news. My prayers go out to his family, friends and fans.

I didnt know he was a Utah native too. So sad.

Princessah
Member Avatar

That is so sad. :( I really liked him. RIP.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Matt
Oct 14 2008, 01:08 PM
Well, I supposed this is (unfortunately) #3. They say deaths come in 3s. #1 - Irene Daily. #2 - Eileen Herlihy. Also, didn't JRE die suddenly after cardiac surgery, too? It's so tragically ironic (IMO).
So sad

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Holy shit! That is too bad. :(

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Terribly sad news. :frown: Very tragic loss for daytime as a whole. Reilly created some of the most dynamic characters daytime's ever seen. He will be missed. :frown:

Manny
Member Avatar

OMG! This is shocking sad news! RIP, Reilly. Wow, I've got chills.

naughtielady1971

WOW R.I.P Reilly!

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

He will be missed,my heart goes out to family and friends.

Thanks for all the wonderful memories JER.
Edited by JohnandMarlenaFreak, Oct 14 2008, 01:58 PM.

daysfan
Member Avatar

This is STUNNING news. It was unexpected because JER was, while he was getting up there, still a bit young. And as some others said, even if you loathed the man and his stories(even I bashed him alot although he had golden stories during the 90's and even on Passions and at times during his second run), this is so sad and another icon of Daytime is dead.

May he RIP. JER, you will NEVER be forgotten. Your mark on daytime will last forever.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

May he rest in peace. I sort of blame him for my obsession with John and Marlena (along with Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn of course). He tortured me and he gave me my all time favorite storylines.

cassie1013

Even though I was NO fan of his writing, still very sad. Wasn't he all alone too? Aw.

I am shocked.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

I had times when I liked his writing, especially when he was part of the GL team. I am not a fan of a lot of the sci-fi or supernatural stuff but I still enjoyed some of what he did with DAYS. Even if I LOATHED his writing, which I didn't, I'd find this to be sad. RIP JER.

Fuzzy

60 is way too young to die. I'm shocked and saddened by this. My condolences to his friends and family. May he rest in peace.

He had his strengths and weaknesses as a writer like everyone else. But he did a great job with the early couple building scenes. Mike and Carrie. Shimi. Very early Ejami. I wouldn't love them the way I do if it wasn't for him. He will definately be missed.

Manny
Member Avatar

You know, at least he got to finish up his baby... Passions...

daysfan
Member Avatar

Manny
Oct 14 2008, 02:30 PM
You know, at least he got to finish up his baby... Passions...
Oh yes. It actually makes me glad that Passions wasn't picked up yet again despite the rumors. Because JER got to end it himself.

Days4Life

I'm stunned. 60 is so young these days...he should have had many more years.

I wasn't always a fan of his, but when he was good, he was very, very good. I'm glad he got to finish out Passions, but it's too bad he didn't get much of a chance to enjoy his retirement.

RIP, JER.

maryg23dz
Member Avatar

:OhMy: What?? JER gone? wow... it's so sudden it's almost too hard to believe. His work had highs and lows, but nonetheless, he was a huge part of Days and Daytime, and will be missed. :frown: May you RIP, JER. Thoughts and prayers for your friends and family... :frown: :frown: :frown:

oakdalelover

So sad to hear this.
He was a writer who took chances and was different. Even if you weren't happy with his story choices.
I loved his work at GL with Nancy Curlee and Stephen Demorest.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

wow such sad news...He was responsible for some of my favorite years and stories of Days..RIP...Maybe we should start a thread and list some of our favorite JER stories and moments in honor of his career..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply