Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers & Previews; week of 10/27 *UPDATED 10/21*
Topic Started: Oct 14 2008, 10:03 PM (8,523 Views)
fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Tripp
Oct 17 2008, 04:18 PM
fenderbabe
Oct 17 2008, 04:15 PM
Did anyone see the little 'photo shoot' stuck on the end of Tuesday's description? What the hell does that mean?
Bwah! I saw that. I wondered if it was a typo.
Yeah, but you don't just typo random things like that. What if it would have been "vasectomy" randomly instead? Ej maybe?

Im guessing Sami gets her new ID/license taken or something. Weird.
Edited by fenderbabe, Oct 17 2008, 04:30 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Oct 17 2008, 04:04 PM
The spoilers sounds fine. I think the show isnīt bad at all right now as long as you accepted what characters are on frontburner. IMO, we have atleast three strong stories right now which are progressing on a healthy basis and surprisingly Iīm enjoying all of them.

And there are even some nice surprises like the Phillip/Steph possible pairing. I hope they will be smoking together because they could be so strong and interesting couple. Itīs almost as good as Phelle but without all that Shelle ballast.

Of course, Iīm wondering what will happen with Max because there is nobody for him right now. Maybe itīs time for Abby to return from England.
I agree but please don't tease a possible revisiting of Maby. That would be too good to be true.

Shelley was very good today. She is talented. She proved that in her first few days on the show during the scenes when Stephanie saw Steve in the psych ward and he told her to get out, not acknowledging her as his daughter. Shelley was very good in that scene and was very good during her rape story. When she does more then just stand by Max and look concerned, she proves she can handle it.

I also agree with Drew on Whitesell. He can help Higley keep a nice flow and I think it's already happened. He will also add some camp and excitement as well as he likes those sort of things. I really do think he will help her material.

zyona

Mason
Oct 17 2008, 04:03 PM
I guess I'm in the vast minority, but I'm really not excited about Philip/Stephanie at all. I loathe Stephanie. I have since the day Shelley Hennig walked into the role, and I probably always will.
No you are not by yourself, I can't stand Stephanie, and I wish they send her to acting school. Also, if they add Chloe with her I will be so happy; I wouldn't know what to do with myself. The only think Chloe has going for herself is beauty, to me she belongs in Hugh Hefner mansion that the cottage house.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Maybe the photo shoot has something to do with Abe and Lexie and his campaign?

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Paxton
Oct 17 2008, 04:45 PM
Maybe the photo shoot has something to do with Abe and Lexie and his campaign?
Oh, that may be it. It is weird though for them to just throw two words out there randomly w/o a real sentence. Usually it's the campaign does a photo shoot.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

jane1978
Oct 17 2008, 04:04 PM
The spoilers sounds fine. I think the show isnīt bad at all right now as long as you accepted what characters are on frontburner. IMO, we have atleast three strong stories right now which are progressing on a healthy basis and surprisingly Iīm enjoying all of them.

And there are even some nice surprises like the Phillip/Steph possible pairing. I hope they will be smoking together because they could be so strong and interesting couple. Itīs almost as good as Phelle but without all that Shelle ballast.

Of course, Iīm wondering what will happen with Max because there is nobody for him right now. Maybe itīs time for Abby to return from England.
Jane, I like your thinking. I think it all sounds fine, too. I miss Steve and Kayla and Tanna, but I'm willing to see these other stories play out.
What COULD Trent leave Melanie in his will? He was so broke he was willing to pimp her out for gambling debts. You'd think he'd have some investments to cash in or whatever, so there couldn't be much.
No Mabby, please, unless they get a good recast. I was turned off to them with the writing they had for Abby when she was all jealous of Mimi.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Oct 17 2008, 04:52 PM.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Part of the reason i don't like Stephanie is because her character has taken more of a hit by dating her uncle....The incestual grossness that is Stax just makes me dislike both characters..But at least Max has gotten a chance to shine in his scenes with Melanie..

Alligato
Member Avatar

Something about the spoilers sounds slightly dull.
Sami goes into witless protection, then it sounds like she wants out? Drugging one guy, then Rafe replaces Hilda? Who are these people?

The Melanie/Max stuff just feels like it is going on forever.

So excited about where they are going with Phillip and Stephanie. I have a feeling JKJ wanted this and they gave it...because Steph and Philly never crossed paths before it seems.

I thought it was odd that Phil fires Lucas, but glad to hear he is taking over for Kate. With Sami gone and Chloe moving on, what is Lucas to do?
Glad to hear we get some Kate/Lucas and Kate/Chelsea scenes. I wonder if Kate will lose her hair in chemo?

And really, I am glad that Chelsea is going to get a break because she feels a little useless right now. I was thinking about her and Max, but that is still a little incest right?

Anyone think the letter for Melanie has something to do with her mother being Nicole? With Nicole's ab pain, maybe she will lose the baby, but the reward is that she already has a little crazy bitch for a daughter? Ugh...just typing that makes me NOT look forward to it.

Thanks for the spoils, Angie!!!

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Oh, I also noticed something. Nick offers for Melanie to stay with him at Maggie's. Um, doesn't Nick have his own apartment? When did he move back in with Maggie?

Charmqn
Member Avatar

If they are going for a chick reunion, I like that their going very slowly and having Chelsea trying to confide into Nick....I do like Mick though...

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Friday
Stephanie confides in Philip about her relationship worries; EJ arrives to defend Nicole when she is arrested.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Phinie's coming!!

Nicole Walker

LMAO. Seeing a pregnant woman arrested should be interesting. LOL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Nicole Dimera
Oct 17 2008, 11:11 PM
LMAO. Seeing a pregnant woman arrested should be interesting. LOL.
Especially Nicole :laugh: .

Nicole Walker

^LMAO! Yep.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

In the past, I was not crazy at all about Nicole becoming a mom, but I can really see the possibilities. Not the least of which is........it's someone NEW getting the cool pregnancy storyline! :D And something different for Nicole. I like it when characters get to do something new, as long as they aren't taken too far from character.

leharner

ladyofthelake
Oct 18 2008, 04:31 PM
In the past, I was not crazy at all about Nicole becoming a mom, but I can really see the possibilities. Not the least of which is........it's someone NEW getting the cool pregnancy storyline! :D And something different for Nicole. I like it when characters get to do something new, as long as they aren't taken too far from character.
I admit I like Nichole in a different role than they are writing her now. She is being painted into a corner, and I always liked her best when her comedy is showing.
I don't want to see her pregnant because they wrote way too much drinking into her storyline during the first 2 months of her pregnancy, a time when the development of a fetus would be extremly affected by alcohol. It would be tragically irresponsible for the writers to ignore that part of the story and give her a healthy baby at this point.

BUT I would like to explore Nichole as a mother, so go ahead and make Melanie her daughter as originally intended. I think that would give AZ a great story to play out with angst and humor. And since they might be looking for a new Will (auditions for "Billy?) we could have Sami and Nic going at it as parents of teens instead of acting like teens fighting over the same guy.

Please writers...don't sell the story that a woman who is 1 or 2 months pregnant can drink "3 drinks at every meal," have alcohol poisoning, DTs, then magically "recover" from alcoholism without any intervention and give birth to a healthy baby. And please remember we have already been down the Fetal Alcoholism Syndrome road before.

Nicole Walker

Ari in a new interview from SOD stated that fans have told her "I didn't like Nicole before but I do this time around". Ari states that before she played some things one noted and admits that she needed improvement. She'd watched old scenes and say hmm I could have done something different with that. After she quit Days, ARi took some acting classes and now she's more comfortable with her acting and feels free. She works much harder now to make the scenes good. She says she's so happy to be back at Days and was shocked when they call her to come back because they had so many people on the cast already.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Oct 19 2008, 01:00 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

There are many people who have commented that Nicole's child is doomed because of the fetal alcohol syndrome, and I feel that they did make enough mention of Nicole drinking alot to warrant some kind of mention....
HOWEVER...there are a few moms that I know, including myself, who were suprised with a pregnancy the week after a wonderful wedding weekend where we/I drank plenty and embibed more than necessary, and still had a healthy baby.

When most women find out they are pregnant, they stop drinking...and there is a good chance that all is well.
When Nicole found out she was pregnant, and even before, she wasn't drinking.
Hell, my mom drank during all of her pregnancies as most women did back in the day, and most of us turned out just fine.

There is no reason, other than agenda, to have Nicole's child be doomed because she was a heavy drinker BEFORE she was pregnant. It would not be "tragically irresponsible" for the writers to give her a healthy baby as she hasn't had a drink she since found out. If they were going to do a FAS story, they would show her drinking now and having a problem.

Nicole has plenty of opportunity to let her humor shine while being pregnant and experiencing all the new things that moms learn while being pregnant. She could rock this story if given the material.

It would be tragically stupid for the writers to make Nicole the mother of Melanie as if Nicole were 35 tops, and Melanie is 17...she would have been 18 when pregnant and not even known. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. and an insult to the viewers intelligence!! We have had magical babies appear before without mother's knowledge...so let's not go there again.

If we got to "get rid of" anybody's baby, let it be the one who has waaaay too many kids right now, who has no clue what she wants, and the one who had no reason to get pregnant again...other than her own agenda!!!

:)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Exactly Alligato.

They made mention of Nicole's alcohol issues when she went to Daniel. She was going through withdrawal according to Daniel and that is why she was getting really sick. The few weeks before that she had decided to stop drinking because she was feeling nauseous so I do think it's possible for the baby to be completely fine. It's not like Marlo who drank alot during her pregnancy, which is why JT was stricken with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply