Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion!; Week of Oct. 13th
Topic Started: Oct 13 2008, 12:23 PM (5,346 Views)
Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Ugh, Max so gets on my nerves. Am I really supposed to root for Stax as a couple when they act like this? Max is all hateful and suspicious and Stephanie is clueless. At least they are more interesting then usual.

What did they do to Kate's hair? I see they continue to write in Chelsea being a bitch. So happy, thrilled that Kate had had enough and just went back off. THank you for reminding Chelsea so many people have forgiven her in the past and she's the last person to be able to find forgiveness in her own heart.

I felt for Nicole as Sami talked of her barrenness. I'm sure that's the last thing she wanted Sami, of all people, to explain to EJ. Of course the show didn't do a good job to explain this away, they never do. But EJ's Dimera seed can overcome any obstacles.

I can't enjoy the Philip/Melanie story until I'm 100% sure they aren't going there.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Todays episode sucked, but I'm not suprised since the last two weeks have sucked.

Sami/EJ/Nicole:
Is there anyone that like this storyline? I think it's awful and I don't like the way Nicole is written, when I think about it I haven't truly liked Nicole since 2003.

Max/Stephanie:
Snooze

John/Marlena:
Drakes "acting" is still some of the worst I have ever seen on this show and it kills me to see Deidre wasted in scenes with him compared to the way she was used last winter.

Philip/Melanie:
I don't see any chemistry and I think Molly overacts to much, and Jay needs a haircut. I liked his hair better the way he had it this time last year.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Sindacco
Oct 13 2008, 12:33 PM
Todays episode sucked, but I'm not suprised since the last two weeks have sucked.

Sami/EJ/Nicole:
Is there anyone that like this storyline? I think it's awful and I don't like the way Nicole is written, when I think about it I haven't truly liked Nicole since 2003.
I haven't minded Nicole's character evolving into what we have now at all. But I will say I take exception to Nicole insisting she always wanted to be a mom and such. That I don't believe for a second.

daisysmommy

Sindacco

Sami/EJ/Nicole:

Max/Stephanie:
Snooze

John/Marlena:
Drakes "acting" is still some of the worst I have ever seen on this show and it kills me to see Deidre wasted in scenes with him compared to the way she was used last winter.

Philip/Melanie:
I don't see any chemistry and I think Molly overacts to much, and Jay needs a haircut. I liked his hair better the way he had it this time last year.
WORD. WORD. On DEE-- Word, Word WORD!!!

AND ON PHELANIE-- WELL, JUST PRONOUNCE IT. CLEAR AS HELL HOW MUCH TIME THEY SHOULD SERVE FOR SERVING US UP SUCH CRIMES...

kpuma

Yes, it's true that many have forgiven Chelsea in the past -- put it took months and months and a lot of groveling on Chelsea's part. This reveal about Daniel and Kate just happened. I think Chelsea has the right to be pissed...for a little bit longer. What's it been? A week? Then she does indeed need to move on.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Sami/EJ/Nicole: Kind of weird that EJ's first reaction was "why didn't you tell me sooner?" - I wonder if he will be pissed that Sami is waiting months before telling him.
While I felt bad for Nicole while Sami was trash talking her (love how people throw the word "whore" around on that show. Classless word.) Nicole needed to back off and give EJ some time to process. Let him make the next move. She was a little over the top today, and I still don't buy the "I want to be a mom" thing from her.
EJ's last line was classic! I love it! I wish she would have slapped him.

Chelsea/Kate: I wish Kate would just open her mouth and say, I am waiting for results on my biopsy. How many times do we have to hear Chelsea call herself a selfish bitch for wailing on Kate. Chelsea needs something to do other than trail Kate and make moon eyes at Daniel. Kate kicked ass on telling Chelsea off!!! I loved it!
Also, Kate reminded me of Sarah Palin a bit today!

Phillip/Melanie: I just don't see why this powerful man is talking to this Daphne-looking teen. Makes no sense. Phil needs a haircut!

John/Marlena: take 2,596...loved Marlena's last line to Sami! So does Sami love EJ now?

Stax: Ugh! Wake me when this mess is over!!

kpuma

And yes, what did they do to Kate's hair? Not a Kate fan but she is a beautiful woman. They have to stop dressing her like a drag queen or Stevie Nicks.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Alligato
Oct 13 2008, 01:58 PM
Phillip/Melanie: I just don't see why this powerful man is talking to this Daphne-looking teen. Makes no sense. Phil needs a haircut!
Exactly. It makes not a lick of freaking sense. I could have bought it perhaps if Philip had told Victor about Melanie and Victor instructed him to find out what he could from her so he could help Caroline. That might have explained him continuing to talk to her and possibly maybe even have explained why he changed his mind about talking to Bo. But instead this show has made me cringe like a whipped dog every time a man and a woman (or in this case, teenybopper) show up on my screen at the same time. Should I fear a Phelony pairing simply because they've shared scenes together? No. Do I? Absolutely.
Edited by Paxton, Oct 13 2008, 02:06 PM.

Days4Life

Alligato
Oct 13 2008, 01:58 PM
Sami/EJ/Nicole: Kind of weird that EJ's first reaction was "why didn't you tell me sooner?" - I wonder if he will be pissed that Sami is waiting months before telling him.
While I felt bad for Nicole while Sami was trash talking her (love how people throw the word "whore" around on that show. Classless word.) Nicole needed to back off and give EJ some time to process. Let him make the next move. She was a little over the top today, and I still don't buy the "I want to be a mom" thing from her.
EJ's last line was classic! I love it! I wish she would have slapped him.

Chelsea/Kate: I wish Kate would just open her mouth and say, I am waiting for results on my biopsy. How many times do we have to hear Chelsea call herself a selfish bitch for wailing on Kate. Chelsea needs something to do other than trail Kate and make moon eyes at Daniel. Kate kicked ass on telling Chelsea off!!! I loved it!
Also, Kate reminded me of Sarah Palin a bit today!

John/Marlena: take 2,596...loved Marlena's last line to Sami! So does Sami love EJ now?

Stax: Ugh! Wake me when this mess is over!!
More and more I find I don't need to post my thoughts on anything; I can just quote yours!

I was a Melanie fan at first, but she's annoying me now. First, I don't want her anywhere near Philip and can't figure out why he's wasting his time with her. He's not a PI but a businessman; doesn't he have mergers and acquisitions and stuff like that to deal with? Second, Melanie's voice is starting to drive me a little nuts.

I agree that Nicole needed to give EJ some time to digest her breaking news. Seriously, what did she expect the man to do? Even for people in a committed relationship, an unexpected pregnancy is a shock and these two only had elevator sex and half a date. As for Sami, I've given up on trying to figure out what's she thinking or feeling or planning. The EJ/Sami/Lucas/Nicole mess hasn't made sense EVER.

I was cheering Kate when she told off Chelsea. What a self-centered little brat. She's led a far from perfect life and has made tons of relationship errors; she needs to step back and calm down. However, Kate needs to come clean with Chelsea on what's going on with her health.

I don't know what to think about John and Marlena. I'm tired of it, I'm over it, either reconcile or divorce, I don't care any more as long as they quit having the same conversations over and over. And how is it that Marlena at least can't see that Sami is pregnant? She's a doctor and her mother; moms usually pick up on stuff like that. Or maybe that's why she is wearing that horrible yellow top--it's so bright that no one can actually look at Sami straight on without having their retinas scorched.

Stax....I'm not going to even acknowledge them. I'm trying to watch their scenes, but it's so torturous!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

So wait a minute. Sami could tell Nicole was pregnant when she has merely a little baby bump, yet no one is suspecting that Sami's pregnant when her stomach is actually visible?

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

the phillip/melanie conversation made no sense, and him knowing all about the wallet kind of takes the steam out of that little wrinkle, because soon enough, it will get around that steph had it--and voila...phil will be there to tell them melanie had it first. i hope they're not thinking of doing some romantic story with those two. after all the talk of how immature morgan was, melanie is a million times worse.

sami gets more and more intolerable as the days go by. she's like a three year old, going to cry to mommy because some other little kid has her toy. it's irritating. i'd rather see her scheming than whining, and she's only been doing the latter for the past year. seeing nicole act like an adult and not yell back at sami was a pleasant surprise.

the john/marlena stuff seemed like a waste--almost like it was done simply to set up the scene for sami and marlena later.

loved seeing kate tell chelsea off! loved it!
Edited by luvpumpkns, Oct 13 2008, 03:17 PM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Another thing, it looks like we are back to the episodes ending on Sami's face everyday.

Paxton
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Oct 13 2008, 03:24 PM
Another thing, it looks like we are back to the episodes ending on Sami's face everyday.
Sigh.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Paxton
Oct 13 2008, 03:34 PM
Sindacco
Sigh.
What? I get horrible flashbacks to the Sami show last year, you have a problem with that?

Paxton
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Oct 13 2008, 03:40 PM
Paxton
Oct 13 2008, 03:34 PM
Sindacco
Sigh.
What? I get horrible flashbacks to the Sami show last year, you have a problem with that?
Huh? No. My sigh meant that I too am sick of the Sami show and I would love to see her on a permanent vacation. I did not mean I had a problem with you not wanting to see Sami on the show every day and I'm sorry you took it that way.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Sorry, I misunderstood, thought you meant sigh as a bad thing.
Edited by Sindacco, Oct 13 2008, 04:04 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I guess I do need to give props to Nicole for not stooping to Sami's level and screaming back at her...although she was in her right to do so. I also appreciate Nicole's willingness to leave when Sami started on her.

The whole Sami running to Marlena was a bit weird too...I just don't know what to think about that girl anymore!
Too funny about the freeze frame of Sami's face...I never notice stuff like that!

Kyrai

Sindacco

Sami/EJ/Nicole:

Max/Stephanie:
Snooze

John/Marlena:

Philip/Melanie:
I like Nicole, just hate the inconsistent way they keep going with her. It's like they can't make up their minds. Most definitely tired of the triangle.

I'm a Drake fan, and I hated seeing him today. I don't blame his acting so much as what could anyone do with sad dialog like that. It's a shame. I was hoping for a nice blend of new and old John, and they're making him weak and lame. I've said before, the writers have won, go ahead and split them already! I can't stand to see them together like this. I'd rather them be apart. I'm honestly wishing Kate would help him. I prefer Marlena, but at least Kate empowered him vs. emasculating him. Actually, I'd even rather Stefano turn him into his pawn again at this point. Sure, I feel for John, but to see him begging Marlena to just give him a chance and her being amused and treating him condescendingly as a child turns my stomach.

J&M are the primary reason I watch days, but I love so many of the vets, I will usually watch for other stories that interest me. With all the stories so lame, and now J&M being downright painful, I just watched today and wondered 'Why am I still watching?' I never thought I was a masochist before, but I apparently have sado-masochistic tendencies.

I agree completely with the Stax, Phelanie comments. Can't stand to see Melanie or Stax on the screen anymore. Poor Jay. I don't think he'll ever get a decent partner.

Sami's a character I used to watch for, now she's painful too.
Edited by Kyrai, Oct 13 2008, 05:26 PM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I never had a problem with Drakes acting when he was playing John, I actually liked John. But I can't stand his acting while playing this robot Jawn.

For me the real John died a year ago.
Edited by Sindacco, Oct 13 2008, 05:34 PM.

Nicole Walker

I love Nicole. The end.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply