Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion!; Week of Oct. 13th
Topic Started: Oct 13 2008, 12:23 PM (5,402 Views)
Kevc1980
Member Avatar

This week hasn't interested me much, but i really enjoyed todays show...My favorite part was Lexie and Stephanie..Loved when Lexie threatened the Mayor..And the cliffhanger with Sami seeing the shooter was pretty well done...Also i enjoyed Chloe being sneaky and finding out that Sami's pregnant..

I can't stand Lucas and Chloe together, but i'm happy to say that i'm back to liking the character of Lucas again..And Sami for that matter...Also i enjoy EJ and Nicole, but i could have used a day or so break from them..Because their stuff seemed repetitive
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nicole Walker

LMAO. Well the only thing I enjoyed was Ejole getting it on.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I enjoyed the Date sex.

Nicole Walker

I missed Date sex. I don't know why but I keep missing it. I'm going on youtube.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Oct 17 2008, 05:04 PM
Technicall question. Is the budget better, or is Tomlin better at saving/remodeling? Because yesterday we actually saw Nicol´s hotel room, we saw the abortion clinic, we saw the Kiriakis pool, we saw Nicol´s new room today (and poor Stephano having to spend time there while Nicol/EJ were romping downstairs :)) and from the promo it looks like Melanie will finally get her own room too.

Plus there were some simple "extemporary" sets like the Saxton´s checkroom and Mayor´s office. I like that.

I doubt the budget is better, although maybe not using Hope, Steve, Kayla, etc as much is helping this month. It was said Tomlin wanted to use more sets so who knows. This time a year we usually see more sets anyway. It happened last year. For spring and summer, we saw the same sets but things opened up in fall and winter so maybe they have a certain amount of money set aside for sets and save where they can so they can use more when they have to or later on. I do agree it's been nice seeing some new sets. Makes things better.

Friday was a very good show and a nice way to set things up in an exciting fashion for next week.

Loved the Max, Stephanie, and Melanie scenes. Shelley is great when she gets more to do then just stand there. Loving Stephanie and Melanie as rivals. Burnett is just a find and Melanie is such a great potential vixen. The way she just stood there confidently...loved it. Her demeanor completely changed after Stephanie left and that is typical since she likes to rope her brother in. Darin and Molly work so well together. Both characters make each other better. I just love the twist too of Melanie not remembering what happened. It made for such a great cliffhanger when she told Max that. Really enjoyed the scenes today.

Loved the Lumi scenes and Chloe being a nosy bitch. Her snooping and the way she got out of being caught was great. Loved her slapping Lucas. Haven't gotten a slap on the show in awhile. Loved the Chloe/Lucas scenes. I also want to say too I loved the flow of the final act. We got EJ/Nicole making out, Sami catching them, then we switched to Max/Melanie and their cliffhanger, switch to Lucas and Chloe where Lucas told her that Sami is probably telling EJ the truth (of course she wasn't) which setup the scene of Sami running off and coming upon the killer and mayor perfectly. That is the way to end an episode, especially a Friday one. It all tied nicely together and flowed. I just loved the end scene with the mayor. Well-done and executed. Mendolza has the right look for the role. Very chilling scene and nice quick cut out as Sami saw what had happened.

Loved the EJ/Nicole scenes. Good to see them having some direction now and the Stefano conflict, as I said yesterday, is just wonderful. It's the perfect conflict with so much potential. Their love scene was HOT. Wow. I also had to laugh at Stefano being relegated to Nicole's room while she and EJ had sex downstairs :laugh: . I want to add to that I loved seeing Caroline again today and it was nice seeing her have a talk with Sami. That used to happen alot, especially under JER. She seemed to always be Sami's sounding board so it was nice to see a return to that. Very familiar.

Stefano was in rare form today. Loved when he threatened the mayor and loved the way the mayor squirmed and rushed to Stefano's, fearing things were over (which they were but not how he thought). The actor (who did a great job today) and character will be missed. I wish we got more of him. He was so slimy but I thought he was necessary. It was about time someone called Bo and Roman on their shit. Loved how Lexie dealt with the mayor. Lexie DIMERA definitely came out a bit today. Please, Days!! Give her back her edge. Let's see Lexie more like she was today. It's been so long since we saw that fire in her. It was so welcome and I see potential here to draw her somewhat back to her Dimera ways. I also want to say that the Lexie/Stefano scenes were a delight (they always are). Renee and Joe work so well together. Lexie totally played on Stefano's desire to be a bigger part of Theo's life. I did hate how they acted as if Stefano has been badgering Lexie to see Theo or that he had some sort of relationship with him to begin with but I do like the fact that Lexie turned to Stefano to bring down Marino and protect Theo. That was logical as she felt they needed to fight dirty, just like Marino. Abe probably won't be happy when he finds out, which is why I see potential here to draw her back into the Dimera fold. Well-done scenes though. I just love how Stefano tried to act calm when in reality he was angry as hell as he learned that Marino had involved Lexie and Theo in the campaign.

All in all, a very good Friday and a solid week. Hopefully, the show can maintain the current momentum.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

The week started bad with Monday but ended good with Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, especially Friday. I actually felt bad for Marino when he was shot.

One thing have bothered me lately and that's James Scott's acting. I don't know if it's because of the writing or something else but it feels off.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Oct 18 2008, 07:09 AM
One thing have bothered me lately and that's James Scott's acting. I don't know if it's because of the writing or something else but it feels off.
You know, Sin, I just may agree with you on that. It seems like he isn't into it...I don't know if he is playing that he isn't into Nicole or waffling between Nicole or Sami, or if he is just sad...but he has been off.

And I also thought it was odd that Nicole suggests they take it slow and date and learn about each other, and the first thing they do is screw on the very public sofa. Why they didnt do it in her room is beyond me, but I guess Sami wouldn't have found them that way.

Anyways, I thought it was a great week too!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I liked seeing Chloe being mischevious in Friday's episode. Who would have thought that eight years ago, we'd see Chloe sneaking into a clinic and reading private information that's illegal to do? Chloe's always been a bitch, but since her return, she's a diva bitch and it sort of works for her. Before, Chloe was boring because she never really showed emotion, only on rare occasions. Since she returned last year, Chloe has this fire in her now and I like it.

I'm a Lucas and Chloe fan and I'm not afraid to admit it. I hated them in the beginning, just because it was so random and they were poorly brought together. But that's because I believe Lucas and Chloe as a pairing was an Ed Scott idea and Higley, who didn't want this pairing, was forced to write these two together and gave them a very half-ass beginning. But the writers seem to be committed to them for the time being, or at least until Brady returns. And even after Brady returns, we seem to be getting a triangle between the three, so I'm happy.

I LOLed at Chloe slapping Lucas today. That had to have been the weakest, fakest and most stupid slap I've seen on a soap in years. It was horrible. The director definitely should've called cut and had Nadia Bjorlin do that scene again with more emotion. There was no emotion in the slap. It as was horrible.

I was surprised to see Lucas tell Chloe about Sami's pregnancy so soon. But he has his own life and Sami's secret was going to interfere with his personal life with Chloe, and Lucas, being the selfish person he really is, isn't going to let that happen so he spilled Sami's secret.

Sami's scenes at the park with Johnny were nice. I loved seeing Caroline today. Caroline has always been the family member Sami can go to and tell her anything without fears of being judged upon like she would had she went to Roman or Marlena.

However, I have to say poor Allie. She gets no love from her mother. You can tell Johnny is Sami's favorite, and I wonder if that'll come into play once they decide to SORAS the twins years from now. Hopefully Allie will resent Sami the same way Sami resents Marlena.

Joseph Mascolo and Renee Jones were great as always. It makes sense for Lexie to go to the mansion and threaten Stefano's relationship with his grandson if he doesn't stop supporting the mayor, but it would've actually made more sense and made sense had we actually saw a scene between Stefano and Theo maybe. It's never happened and because of that, it didn't impact me as much as it could've if Stefano and Theo have interacted before.

And Phoenix was right when he said that Lexie DiMera came out in Friday's episode. It certainly did. The way she was talking to Marino, threatening his campaign by playing dirty herself, the same way he does, the look in her eye reminded me of when she had a scene with Craig Wesley at the hospital, right after the baby switch scandal was revealed and Lexie was revealed to be a part of it and the hospital was being threatened as a result. I think it's darraholic's avatar. The look on Jones' face, I think it's her eyes, it's just so chilling and you know she means business at this point. I loved it!

I still don't think James Scott and Arianne Zucker have any chemistry together. But the storyline is no longer feeling like it's being forced to me because of the pregnancy angle and Stefano's new involvement in this storyline. It now works for me because I have other things to look forward to than EJ and Nicole's forced scenes together. I love Nicole with Stefano and it's cute when they get together and start ranting on about the upcoming baby. I just have a bad feeling about Nicole once the baby is born. Stefano's not going to need to be nice to her anymore and that may break Nicole because she's being accepted by this older man, a father figure, that she never really had. It makes sense. She was very taken by Victor in the beginning when he showed her attention. She gave him her everything because she never had that safe feeling from an older man due to her daddy issues. Now, she has Stefano.

I felt that the love scene between EJ and Nicole was not that great and I really didn't want to see it, but I understand why they had to do it there in the living room of the mansion. Sami had to see it, which then resulted in her being so caught up in what she saw that she didn't even realize that she had just walked onto a crime scene. The look in Sami's eyes as she looked at the killer checking Marino's pulse and when their eyes met, it was great. I got chills. Great Friday cliffhanger.

The pub scenes were decent, especially after Stephanie left. Darin Brooks and Molly Burnett have such an amazing sibling chemistry and I love them in scenes together. They work very well together. Burnett is just a true gem and she was a great find by the casting department. She does have the potential to be a true soap vixen. She can hold her own against top performers and she's prooved that in scenes with Peter Reckell, Jay Kenneth Johnson and Roscoe Born. She's just great and I don't want her going anywhere. I still think she would've made a better Jeannie Donovan, but I can't complain anymore. Melanie now has a place in Salem, IMO.

The catfight was a let down. I thought we were goign to get a real one, not some little shoving and hair pull thing. I was let down by that, for sure.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

This week was kinda boring, but Friday's show was great!

I really hope the show keeps Molly, she is just awesome and has huge potential to be Salem's next vixen like others here have said. I got a kick out of Stephanie and Melanie going at it, too bad Max was in the way. I like that Melanie really has no idea if she killed her father or not. I don't read the spoilers, so I could be way off but I think Stephanie is going to think Melanie is lying about not remembering anything from the night of Trent's murder and be pissed that Max believes his sister and not her.

Lexie/Stefano scenes are always good and it was no different today. How I wish Lexie would go back to her evil ways or at least every now and then. When Lexie threatened the mayor I was thinking oh shit out comes evil Lexie. :wub2: I wonder if Lexie will be thankful to Stefano if and when she learns it was him who had Marino killed. I did have to laugh with Stefano just standing in Nicoles room when there are supossedly so many rooms in the Dimansion everyone has lost count.

I liked the idea of Sami at least thinking about having an abortion, but I wish the scenes were written better in today's show. They could have been more emotional, I would have liked to have seen Sami completely breakdown right there with Lucas comforting her. Chloe spying on them was fun and I am glad someone else in Salem knows Sami is pregnant. Of course with that oversized curtain Sami is wearing it couldn't be more obvious Sami si preggers. I agree that slap was weak, but at least we finally got one its been too long since the last slap.

The last scene was well done, looking forward to next week. Glad we got a good Friday cliffhanger.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Kirk
Oct 18 2008, 11:41 AM
This week was kinda boring, but Friday's show was great!

I really hope the show keeps Molly, she is just awesome and has huge potential to be Salem's next vixen like others here have said.
I'm liking Molly too. My only problem is she goes a bit overload with her facial expressions.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply